Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    What's Michelle O'Neil been saying about Covid down here?

See what I mean? :rolleyes:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bleak healthcare system up north.
    Imagine the furore a lot of you lads would be kicking up if this were here.
    Firstly, no grip of the coronavirus situation politically from either side.
    Begs the question, do the people of either side of the divide pay any attention to their political leaders?
    Health care in car parks and then give out about ministers and the system here!
    This has to be the biggest political health disaster in Europe and SF never stfu about our problems down here.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/1215/1184594-coronavirus-ni/

And the lad above talking about Varadkar being a gilly, sad what passes for political competence elsewhere

That's what you get when you let Sinn Fein get involved in governing. It is awful for the people up there.

The system has failed and the statelet has failed. These things can falter along until there is a crisis and then those who chose to ignore the failure suddenly appear to point fingers. Nobody can rise above the issues.

Yes they can. It's been done elsewhere.
    But a funeral procession headed by a, whole political party changed that.
    Prior to that the north was coping more than admirably.
    Indeed some posters giving out now used it as a stick against our approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes they can. It's been done elsewhere.
    But a funeral procession headed by a, whole political party changed that.
    Prior to that the north was coping more than admirably.
    Indeed some posters giving out now used it as a stick against our approach.

:rolleyes: Nothing to do with a party wishing to follow somebody on a disastrous herd immunity jape? A party trenchantly opposed to an all island strategy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    That's what you get when you let Sinn Fein get involved in governing. It is awful for the people up there.

Health minister is UUP, DUP think Covid is God's will and objected to everything, they played the cross community card to hold up restrictions, Edwin Poots claiming only Catholics can catch it(Any selfies with Edwin at the Ard Fheis Blanch?) Yet you blame SF,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No.

What has MON been saying about the south's reaction and given that she advocates for an all island solution, how do you put the north's situation on SF?

:rolleyes: Nothing to do with a party wishing to follow somebody on a disastrous herd immunity jape? A party trenchantly opposed to an all island strategy?

More than likely that too.
    But they were getting along well till that funeral and that changed the relationship too.
    Like the inappropriate tweet and the, apologies afterwards, SF can't help sticking the boot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

But they were getting along well till that funeral and that changed the relationship too.
    Like the inappropriate tweet and the, apologies afterwards, SF can't help sticking the boot in.

Cases didn't start to rise until the schools went back, North and South, schools carried the second wave,

Typical attitude of somebody that only gives a cursory look at the north.

It is a failed state, it will not work and has ever worked for ALL of it's people. The Covid mess and the conflict/war are symptoms of it. It's artificial birth means it will ever turn into a normal society. Time to change to some other way.

Typical attitude of somebody that only gives a cursory look at the north.

It is a failed state, it will not work and has ever worked for ALL of it's people. The Covid mess and the conflict/war are symptoms of it. It's artificial birth means it will ever turn into a normal society. Time to change to some other way.

We are looking at current patterns since covid started.
    Lots of you shinner posters used it as a stick to beat Leo and Simon with in the beginning of the pandemic how we'll the north was doing.
    As I said, that all changed after the, storey funeral.
    I believe the political relationship broke down after that too.
    In short, I believe SF are largely responsible for changing the attitudes of the people and have let the north down badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just heard O’Reilly saying on the Late Debate that Stanley’s ‘apology’ was “sincere and heartfelt”.

Anything less sincere or heartfelt I have rarely heard.

And I heard it several times.

Said through clenched teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Just heard O’Reilly saying on the Late Debate that Stanley’s ‘apology’ was “sincere and heartfelt”.

She's getting a bit of a kicking from Regina and Katie about non-apologies.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Correct, first time I’ve heard Katie take on a non govt TD, albeit in a kind of deferential tone of voice.

Regina well able to take her on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

padd b1975 wrote: »

Regina sounded erratic. Even the others chimed in on behalf of SF. Regina selling her view as the publics view.

Cases didn't start to rise until the schools went back, North and South, schools carried the second wave,

Nonsense, schools opening in the South haven’t caused a spike.

If you remember it was Michelle O’Neill who was calling for schools to be closed when Mary-Lou wanted pubs to stay open, or was it vice versa? Either way, at SF’s behest, the schools closed in the North for an extra week at mid-term, something the FF/FG/G government resisted. Keeping kids in school keeps them in a controlled environment. Letting them roam free is a disaster for the spread of the disease. SF have an awful lot to answer for, and this time,they can’t blame the Brits.

At one level, I feel so sorry for the people of Northern Ireland having to put up with an incompetent government, at another level, I remember they voted for SF and DUP.

Having met Louise a couple of times, I would guess she is running out of patience with the neantherthals in SF. She was tough but fair to negotiate with as a SIPTU official, she won’t stand for the idiocy of Cullinane, Browne, Brady and Stanley.

Then again, who is left that is reasonable?

Health minister is UUP, DUP think Covid is God's will and objected to everything, they played the cross community card to hold up restrictions, Edwin Poots claiming only Catholics can catch it(Any selfies with Edwin at the Ard Fheis Blanch?) Yet you blame SF,

The Pontius Pilate act of Shinners doesn’t hold water on this. SF collapsed at he Assembly because of an Irish language act, but when people are dying, they stand idly by.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Or meet a girl in a bar in Belfast to be lured to your death.

Or go drinking in Birmingham with your mates to be blown to bits.

Or to be an innocent 18-year old looking for a bit of adventure and end up a year later vapourised by the IRA.

Or be a 3-year-old toddler out buying a mothers day card, but be blown up, cause, you know 'Up da Ra!'

The 'tolerance of violence' was reduced...did to tell that to the people being beaten off the streets while everyone with responsibility looked on?

What a pile of patronising, lie down and wait until democracy ad human decency occurs to those with the power to change things.

So what if you found it hard to tolerate? The world doesn't revolve around you and your high moral mountain.

An angry posts where the masks slips but men like John Hume prove you wrong.
    These are the same people who grew up next to their PIRA/SF counterparts but didn't feel the need to murder and kill children to make a political point.

That is not even talking about men from the south like Dessie Ellis, who grew up in Dublin, far away from the troubles but decided he wanted a piece of the action.

Today, the same Dessie Ellis would be off to Syria to either join or fight ISIS. Some people are just like this.

Martin Ferris too is in the same bracket.

https://progressivebrief.com/sinn-fein-is-not-irelands-progressive-party/?fbclid=IwAR1sSUVIDKcvoPO9cXbHV8I3O9JwpvJDpxTnl9Yj1H0gL9BLYGmmRPgS5XA

A good rundown on what SF are and are not.

TLDR, progressive they are not. Young people especially will find out the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

markodaly wrote: »
    https://progressivebrief.com/sinn-fein-is-not-irelands-progressive-party/?fbclid=IwAR1sSUVIDKcvoPO9cXbHV8I3O9JwpvJDpxTnl9Yj1H0gL9BLYGmmRPgS5XA

TLDR, progressive they are not. Young people especially will find out the hard way.

Not one single mention of political policy positions in that entire article.

I assumed as much.

This is why you and your ilk will never understand the young support for SF. Ye don't seem to realise the extent to which ideology trumps personality for young voters.

As an aside, if any hard left ideologues were to condemn SF on a policy basis, I and other leftists would definitely take note. Reading attacks on them by people who vehemently oppose leftist politics in general, SF or not, will always feel like a waste of time, since ye obviously wouldn't understand the idea of voting for them in spite of the non-policy issues you raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Having met Louise a couple of times, I would guess she is running out of patience with the neantherthals in SF. She was tough but fair to negotiate with as a SIPTU official, she won’t stand for the idiocy of Cullinane, Browne, Brady and Stanley.

Then again, who is left that is reasonable?

I thought she sounded a bit subdued compared to her usual decibel reading, still managed to keep the engine running when being called out for not answering questions though!

You're right though, I don't think she's the only one who's getting fed up having to go out and bat for who are basically idiots.

The "split" is never too far off the agenda with the Irish left..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Did you really just link an article from a no-name blog written by a marketing undergraduate?

That's some Google-fu desperation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did you really just link an article from a no-name blog written by a marketing undergraduate?

That's some Google-fu desperation there.

He did, and what's even funnier - he is the same poster who typed this out a few minutes beforehand. Replace a name - and it's the exact same point. :D
    Who is Conor O Driscoll? Andrew Dunne.
    Is he the new Roman Shorthall, whose every utterance will be copied and parroted here by the usual crew as if they are an authority on something?

That's comedic writing the Farelly brothers would be proud of.

An angry posts where the masks slips but men like John Hume prove you wrong.
    These are the same people who grew up next to their PIRA/SF counterparts but didn't feel the need to murder and kill children to make a political point.

That is not even talking about men from the south like Dessie Ellis, who grew up in Dublin, far away from the troubles but decided he wanted a piece of the action.

Today, the same Dessie Ellis would be off to Syria to either join or fight ISIS. Some people are just like this.

Martin Ferris too is in the same bracket.

Lets ignore all those from Mr Duffy's Blueshirts who flocked off to Spain to fight, not to mention those from the south who stupidly gave themselves to Britain's various war efforts eh?

Once again your myopic hypocrisy rings true.

John Hume was a failed politician who arguably made the situation worse at times (the violence against the premature and exclusionary Sunningdale shambles.

He only achieved success when he responded positively to Alex Reid's suggestion he team up with Adams and the Hume-Adams Initiative was born. He deserves credit for that.

Lets ignore all those from Mr Duffy's Blueshirts who flocked off to Spain to fight, not to mention those from the south who stupidly gave themselves to Britain's various war efforts eh?

John Hume was a failed politician who arguably made the situation worse at times (the violence against the premature and exclusionary Sunningdale shambles.

He only achieved success when he responded positively to Alex Reid's suggestion he team up with Adams and the Hume-Adams Initiative was born. He deserves credit for that.

Let’s stop living in the 70s bhoys

How is the sick man of Tipperary....is there another ‘apology’ being stenciled from the insincere list.

Let’s stop living in the 70s bhoys

How is the sick man of Tipperary....is there another ‘apology’ being stenciled from the insincere list.

Rumour mill dried up Brendi?

John Hume was a failed politician .

Haha, fantastic!
    Arguably the greatest Irishman of the latter half of the 20th century labelled a 'failed' politician.

I think you need a long hard look in the mirror there before you can use those words against anyone else Francie. The last comment alone is a good example on that.

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's comedic writing the Farelly brothers would be proud of.

Who is Andrew Dunne?

Honest question. See I don't spend my days travelling Twitter looking for outrage or laughs in this idiotic political meme games that some like to go on about.

• Advertisement

More anti-vax trouble for SF..

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-td-conway-walsh-said-states-defence-of-hpv-vaccine-was-extremely-concerning-39868708.html

The ever giving gift.
    A frontbench Sinn Féin TD said the State’s defence of the HPV vaccine was “extremely concerning” and backed calls for a review of the vaccination programme in schools.

Rose Conway-Walsh, the party’s higher education spokesperson, said in a radio interview in 2017 that there were “girls lying in beds around this country that cannot move” after receiving the vaccine.

The Mayo TD said yesterday she was “simply relaying” the concerns of constituents about the Gardasil HPV vaccine.

Vaccines against the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) have been credited with saving the lives of thousands of Irish women and girls who could have developed cancer without being vaccinated.

Repeated scientific studies have shown them to be very safe and potential allergic reactions and possible side effects to be extremely rare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement