Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    If you can quote a lie....

The incident were a the British Army assisted the UDA blowing up a bridge killing two teenagers is being discussed.
    We are also discussing Mountbatten.
    Finding it hard to think of two things at once? No worries, Pick one so.

The only poster who is trying to justify one of those is you. Normal people think both of those were horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    What you mean to say is that you have a heirarchy of victims. Some victims are more important than others. The family of a 19-year old kid blown to bits by the PIRA is not important to you because he somehow deserved it. It's just nauseating.

Then you go on to blame the victim in the case of Mountbatten. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't equate an armed soldier being killed in a conflict to two teens blown up by the UDA/BA. You do.
    If you join the British Army, IRA etc., go off into a conflict, there's a chance you'll be killed. A sad fact of conflict.
    If you're going the chipper, you might get blown up by the BA/UDA.

The soldiers signed up to an organisation that murders unarmed civilians. The two teenagers didn't. That's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Never said the english?

Same same...

I don't equate an armed soldier being killed in a conflict to two teens blown up by the UDA/BA. You do.
    If you join the British Army, IRA etc., go off into a conflict, there's a chance you'll be killed. A sad fact of conflict.
    If you're going the chipper, you might get blown up by the BA/UDA.

The soldiers signed up to an organisation that murders unarmed civilians. The two teenagers didn't. That's the difference.

So you have no problem with the Gibraltar 3 getting killed? Like all is fair in love and war etc.?

You also believe in guilt by association, which is very interesting. If the teenage kids who signed up to an organisation that murders unarmed civilians are guilty, then every member of Sinn Fein is guilty of child abuse because Liam Adams was a valued member. Your post is full of self-serving nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,962 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The only poster who is trying to justify one of those is you. Normal people think both of those were horrific.

So we can say that various governments that have ignored what happened and in fact may have colluded in covering it up, are not 'normal people'?
    Would 'normal people' ignore it? Have photo ops on the steps of the Dáil with selsct victims but leave other victims in the state those in the doc were?
    Normal people? Do you even know what a normal person is?

• Advertisement

So you have no problem with the Gibraltar 3 getting killed? Like all is fair in love and war etc.?

You also believe in guilt by association, which is very interesting. If the teenage kids who signed up to an organisation that murders unarmed civilians are guilty, then every member of Sinn Fein is guilty of child abuse because Liam Adams was a valued member. Your post is full of self-serving nonsense.

Hilarious.
    If the BA are acting outside the law and okay with that, you, by association must be cool with the IRA doing same.
    Pedophilia isn't a SF policy I'm aware of. We know FF/FG supported the covering up of pedophilia and enslavement/baby stealing/selling and turning a blind eye in general. Does that mean all...you see how silly your 'logic' is on this?
    We know the BA actively/purposefully, killed multitudes of unarmed civilians in their time. You join an army, go into a conflict, you might be killed, you might kill.

I'm not justifying anything Blanch. They happened and I'm explaining why. I don't support any violence but I try to understand instead of throwing around pretend outrage. I don't believe you could care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

(apologies didnt mean to post)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Brian Stanley buying ads on the Leinster Express website to remind you that he is Chair of the Dail Public Accounts committee

https://twitter.com/lostexpectation/status/1339385085083213824

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Not by calling a ceasefire which was the right thing to do, but following that by the acceptance of Partition. Republican objectives could have been pursued without that and least of all by running the place for them which has been anathema to republicans for 200 years.

The smarter provos (i.e. the older ones) were willing to accept a compromise settlement in 73, it was hardliners and the young guns like Adams that put the kibosh on it.

While they might be running the place for the brits they're sticking to their principles by making a complete balls of it. :D

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    The smarter provos (i.e. the older ones) were willing to accept a compromise settlement in 73, it was hardliners and the young guns like Adams that put the kibosh on it.

While they might be running the place for the brits they're sticking to their principles by making a complete balls of it. :D

Their 'compromise' settlement was repudiated Bambi, and weren't they all arrested and jailed for even asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Condolences to loyalists at this tough time.

https://twitter.com/julianoneill/status/1339531801090547712?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Condolences to loyalists at this tough time.

https://twitter.com/julianoneill/status/1339531801090547712?s=19

Let the token trial begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Let the token trial begin.

Are you against this trial taking place?

atticu wrote: »
    Are you against this trial taking place?

No, let the farce continue. At least it keeps it in the minds of the public, even though some have done their level best to ignore it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

No, let the farce continue. At least it keeps it in the minds of the public, even though some have done their level best to ignore it over the years.

If you are not against it, why do you call it a token trial and a farce?

I thought you were in favour of some truth process.

Well at least now I know that you are not in favour of any truth process.

atticu wrote: »
    If you are not against it, why do you call it a token trial and a farce?

I thought you were in favour of some truth process.

Well at least now I know that you are not in favour of any truth process.

Russibh. It is 'token' because there were others responsible who walked away from this. Including those involved in the lying to the original whitewash inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What you mean to say is that you have a heirarchy of victims. Some victims are more important than others. The family of a 19-year old kid blown to bits by the PIRA is not important to you because he somehow deserved it. It's just nauseating.

Then you go on to blame the victim in the case of Mountbatten. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Bonniedog wrote: »
    The IRA campaign was not against Catholic discrimination.

It was for a British withdrawal and a 32 county Republic.

Therefore, it was defeated.

Depends on who you talk to and where you sit, I guess. Yes, the stated aim of the central organisation was to bring about a United Ireland, but the PIRA enjoyed its most successful recruitment drives in the immediate aftermath of incidents of Crown brutality against protesters, so I'd argue that the two goals became inexorably linked for those who took up arms.

markodaly wrote: »
    The English 'occupy' Scotland... where is the Scottish version of the IRA?

The English haven't spent decades denying one half of the Scottish population basic civil rights on the grounds of their ethnic or political identity. That's the difference. When the Scots were campaigning for a vote on an independent Scotland, for example, the police didn't kettle them and then beat the absolute f*cking sh!t out of them for literally no reason whatsoever other than sadistic bigotry.

• Advertisement

Everything the British side did during the Troubles was wrong, because the very cause they were fighting for was itself wrong.

Many things the IRA did were also wrong, because their actions were wrong. But any British actions, whether those actions themselves were right or wrong in isolation, were ultimately wrong anyway, because the entire reason for the conflict's existence was based upon the British acting abhorrently to begin with.

There is only one action the British could have taken in response to The Troubles which would have been morally acceptable, and that would have been allowing civil rights marchers to march unimpeded, followed by granting their requests to be treated as equal citizens.

Instead, their actions served to shore up one side of the conflict's supremacy and dominance over the other. Regardless of any other factors, regardless of history, regardless of context, regardless of literally anything else, this makes them the villains. End of story.

Fighting to maintain one's power to oppress another who rejects the imposition of that oppression makes one a pr!ck. It's as simple as that. It is impossible to justify. There is no such thing as justified oppression. There is no such thing as justified discrimination. It is never morally acceptable to deny somebody a vote, or a job, or an allocation of a public resource, based on which demographic that individual belongs to.

The second you take up arms to defend your power to treat people like that, you are automatically the villain in the story. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Descending rapidly.................this one could end badly.

Bale out.......bale out........bale out.

FG threads >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They are full of ****e that's why. I'm sick of them pretending to be outraged when they couldn't give a ****. It's all about one-upmanship. Not a genuine concern in anything they go on about.

They are full of ****e that's why. I'm sick of them pretending to be outraged when they couldn't give a ****. It's all about one-upmanship. Not a genuine concern in anything they go on about.

Any news on the sick man of Tipperary?

The difference has been explained to you many times.

Some people on here do things for a laugh, the rest of us are serious about our concerns.

Some people on here do things for a laugh, the rest of us are serious about our concerns.

Sorry teach, your explanations are not acceptable.

The evidence certainly shows you are serious about violence from a specific period and by specific people. Like FG.

How can someone be a hypocrite on numerous things and serious at the same time?
    It's not believable.

A shinner knocking in to another shinner around the corner to ask she delete posts is spun as 'heavies' going around.
    A senior FG'er threatening a 19 year old to stand aside or else she'll show a bad taste post he did to the party is FG tackling misogyny :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

How can someone be a hypocrite on numerous things and serious at the same time?
    It's not believable.

A shinner knocking in to another shinner around the corner to ask she delete posts is spun as 'heavies' going around.
    A senior FG'er threatening a 19 year old to stand aside or else she'll show a bad taste tweet he did to the party is FG tackling misogyny :rolleyes:

Comes natural to blueshirts, take Leo for example,

'I'm against gay marriage, now I'm for gay marriage, I'm against repeal, now I'm for repeal.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement