Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Exactly....just the media deosnt report it and covers up for them

Coronavirus is epidemic in schools now....but its a FG pet cause to keep.em open,so its covered up

Wasnt it 300 cases linked to schools last week,hence why we dont hear anymore about covid "clusters".....but sure lets wheel out story funeral,which had zero cases linked to it,while covering up the mess developing in schools

I like the way you agreed with my post re whataboutery and then posted the above.

What's the total school going population in Ireland by the way? And how is school cases/school population compare to the general population rate of Covid? I don't know the answer but generally curious.

There was an article earlier this year, cant recall which paper, which claimed covid was rampant in some section of society. But it turned out, if you ran the numbers, that the number of cases in that section of society was actually less than the general population rate at the time.

Edit: per my googling, there is approx 920k pupils in Ireland (primary and secondary). 300 cases per week (I haven't seen this figure, so just going by what you provided) would be a 14 day incidence rate of 65 per 100,000. Which is actually a good bit less than the incidence rate in the general population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    This I absolutely agree with. It is a nothing story. Plenty of those this year that have been tried to be turned into something more.

Just find it odd that one or two posters on here are weirdly trying to twist a story about a facebook group with SF supporters into something about FG. There's plenty to criticize FG about on their own accord without needing to try and do some weird whataboutery twist with this story.

I believe its a biased attempt to damage SF to help FG. I want FG gone, so I'll comment on it as it relates to that. You switch the story to PBP, SD etc. I'd give the same comment on it. FG have been the talk for some months regarding their online presence so why do an article only on SF? A hatchet job IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,958 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    I believe its a biased attempt to damage SF to help FG. I want FG gone, so I'll comment on it as it relates to that. You switch the story to PBP, SD etc. I'd give the same comment on it. FG have been the talk for some months regarding their online presence so why do an article only on SF? A hatchet job IMO.

Not sure what is required of SF either (as they don't run the page only to condemn it and try to get it closed down) when FG DO run an account that does hand out abuse and doesn't get media attention for doing nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Exactly....just the media deosnt report it and covers up for them

Coronavirus is epidemic in schools now....but its a FG pet cause to keep.em open,so its covered up

Wasnt it 300 cases linked to schools last week,hence why we dont hear anymore about covid "clusters".....but sure lets wheel out story funeral,which had zero cases linked to it,while covering up the mess developing in schools

Conspiracy theory nonsense about schools. The positivity rate in schools is around 2% compared to 10% in the general population.

Anti-vaxxers, 9-11 deniers, racists and homophobes, now Sinn Fein can add cooranvirus conspiracy theorists to their ranks.

Not sure what is required of SF either (as they don't run the page only to condemn it and try to get it closed down) when FG DO run an account that does hand out abuse and doesn't get media attention for doing nothing about it.

Except Sinn Fein branch officials did run the page, and SF TDs and councillors were members.

• Advertisement

Who is defending it?

Just lamenting that this is all FG have.

So now FG are running the Irish Times stories.

SF conspiracy theory number 2,476.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Sf knew exactly what they are doing with their social media pages. Behaving arrogantly and obnoxiously, when caught they typically say it was not them and point to some patsy. Very unpleasant and I am glad they are been found out.

Dan.

blanch152 wrote: »
    So now FG are running the Irish Times stories.

SF conspiracy theory number 2,476.

From the man claims every rando twitter post he doesn't like comes from SF HQ.
    The Times had four top stories one day about the quinn murder during the final days of the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I think its done no harm to highlight the pages existence and have something done about it
    Put 16000 people with the same view into a group with people in it who are forceful to the point of almost obsession and you get a cesspit
    An uncle of mine used say where 2 people agree all the time,there's only one thinker
    Imagine that times 16000
    The top brass at SF have realised that as a credible party,they need to take action on issues like this
    The action they take won't be popular with the base (to use an American term) but it has to be done
    There will be another election and this page cannot be around as ammunition to be thrown at the party
    Also I don't believe HQ or Mary lou don't know of its existence or who controls it (wasn't a T.D an admin) IMO
    They just turned a blind eye up to recently
    Plausible deniability is being used here

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »
    I think its done no harm to highlight the pages existence and have something done about it
    Put 16000 people with the same view into a group with people in it who are forceful to the point of almost obsession and you get a cesspit
    An uncle of mine used say where 2 people agree all the time,there's only one thinker
    Imagine that times 16000
    The top brass at SF have realised that as a credible party,they need to take action on issues like this
    The action they take won't be popular with the base (to use an American term) but it has to be done
    There will be another election and this page cannot be around as ammunition to be thrown at the party
    Also I don't believe HQ or Mary lou don't know of its existence or who controls it (wasn't a T.D an admin) IMO
    They just turned a blind eye up to recently
    Plausible deniability is being used here

'16,000' means nothing on Facebook.
    I run a page that has over 23,000 'members'...most posts get less than a 100 views, a lot even less. Once in a blue moon you would go into 3 figures.
    I have joined multiple groups never to engage or look at them again.

I run a page that has over 23,000 'members'...most posts get less than a 100 views, a lot even less. Once in a blue moon you would go into 3 figures.

The non-SF, SF Facebook page by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The reasons I don't do Twitter or Facebook,

The reasons I don't do Twitter or Facebook,

I get that.

Just so much nonsense being talked about 16,000 and other stuff. Spme people need to understand what they are talking about before engaging. You can even be joined to a group without your permission...it's called 'adding' - as in: xxx added you to xxxxx xxxx group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

which account?

which account?

The YFG one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The non-SF, SF Facebook page by any chance?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The YFG one.
    the very obviously fake one set up by a troll account thats been suspended, (there is a long time troll in Dublin Bay North)

The YFG one.

Personally I haven't a clue about either of them, the one SF are trying to close or YFG or any party one official or unofficial.
    But the danger of social media is evident for all to see.
    A, lot of yous lads employ its posts in your rhetoric when it suits you and when it doesn't apparently its FGs fault.
    A, lot of Bull****ters exposed today for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Conspiracy theory nonsense about schools. The positivity rate in schools is around 2% compared to 10% in the population

Except its not??

Is it true,that if a teacher should catch coronavirus off a student....its not listed as a school outbreak/cluster

Several schools across the state arent opening monday due to outbreaks(i know of schools in 5 different counties) and its not being reported upon?

Dismissing it as conspiracy....is only going to expose who is wearing no clothes,when the tide geos out on this media blackout

the very obviously fake one set up by a troll account thats been suspended, (there is a long time troll in Dublin Bay North)

As O'Broin said, there is a very easy way to deal with all this, and it is an issue for people personally and across SM, introduce legislation. In other words, do your job. Instead we get Leo adding fuel and suspicion to the fire with his 'anonymous accounts'. Not very ethical.

Whats the danger of social media??

Ask SF, they're taking lads off of it and removing them or telling them to remove themselves of it and groups within it, they must see some.
    Francie is complaining about YFG too.
    There must be something!

The best thing about social media is everyone has an opinion they can broadcast. Its also the worst thing.

Ask SF, they're taking lads off of it and removing them or telling them to remove themselves of it and groups within it, they must see some.
    Francie is complaining about YFG too.
    There must be something!

What's the danger of a closed group? Who gives a toss what they're saying?

Not complaining about YFG at all, they are doing a great job IMO. Just pointing to the fact it happens everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

What's the danger of a closed group? Who gives a toss what they're saying?

Not complaining about YFG at all, they are doing a great job IMO. Just pointing to the fact it happens everywhere.

Examples, please.

Maybe some of the group are not SF members. What we know is that some are, and very prominent ones too. Will there be expulsions?

feargale wrote: »
    Examples, please.

Maybe some of the group are not SF members. What we know is that some are, and very prominent ones too. Will there be expulsions?

What have they posted to this group?

feargale wrote: »
    Examples, please.

Why would their be explusions for joining a FB group?

They literally used let members of a paramilitary group join :pac:

Except its not??

Is it true,that if a teacher should catch coronavirus off a student....its not listed as a school outbreak/cluster

Several schools across the state arent opening monday due to outbreaks(i know of schools in 5 different counties) and its not being reported upon?

Dismissing it as conspiracy....is only going to expose who is wearing no clothes,when the tide geos out on this media blackout

Schools are among the safest working environments, they are not meat factories, hospitals, nursing homes or retail.

SF latch on to every populist cause, hence them calling for schools to close but pubs to stay open.

If you want the lowest common denominator, look for Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

Schools are among the safest working environments, they are not meat factories, hospitals, nursing homes or retail.

SF latch on to every populist cause, hence them calling for schools to close but pubs to stay open.

If you want the lowest common denominator, look for Sinn Fein.

Nowhere have i seen anyone call for pubs to open

Covid is gone out of control in the schools and its being covered up.....why are the media not reporting it

Why have since 2nd week after the mid terms have the nephet releases no longer included information on clusters?

Are teachers who catch covid off students,not listed as cluster/outbreak ever

Do teachers who teach students who have tested positive be regarded as close contacts

Why has it fallen upon school principals to insist classmates of positive cases be tested in
    contradiction to direction from department of education?

Your dismissing this out of hand,when all evidemce and protocols point to its obvious government have extended alot of political capital on this,and its blown up in their face....but yeah fcuk the teachers at risk and the students with siblings at risk,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement