Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

What have they posted to this group?

Will expulsions depend on what they have posted? Some expulsions and some not?

What's the danger of a closed group? Who gives a toss what they're saying?

Or doing! Some do give more than a toss. Some don't. So, parity of esteem means some should say what they like without being countered, while others, in the words of John M. Kelly many years ago, "can't say boo to you."
    Not complaining about YFG at all, they are doing a great job IMO. Just pointing to the fact it happens everywhere.

Examples please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

As O'Broin said, there is a very easy way to deal with all this, and it is an issue for people personally and across SM, introduce legislation. In other words, do your job
    what legislation do you want introduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,956 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

feargale wrote: »
    Or doing! Some do give more than a toss. Some don't. So, parity of esteem means some should say what they like without being countered, while others, in the words of John M. Kelly many years ago, "can't say boo to you."

Examples please.

Examples posted throughout the thread.

I don't.
    FG seem to be up on their high horses about this stuff. Introduce legislation therefore. Maybe they know they might fall foul of it, therefore they are slow about it. Not like they haven't been in government long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Schools are among the safest working environments, they are not meat factories, hospitals, nursing homes or retail.

SF latch on to every populist cause, hence them calling for schools to close but pubs to stay open.

If you want the lowest common denominator, look for Sinn Fein.

When was that blanch? Was it before Leo took a strop with NPHET, FF/FG/Green cherry picked what advice to follow, before Leo quoted Mean Girls for a bet when speaking on covid, allowing meat plants remain open despite covid clusters? Gimme a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Ó Bróin is a totalitarian leftie admirer of scum like the Castro gang.

What did Fidel do?

Ban the internet, books, newspapers, jam radio stations and imprison or murder anyone who had the temerity to voice an opinion contrary to the state.

I'd imagine that would be what Blackrock Boy would like to do.

Examples posted throughout the thread.

Let's have them. If you choose to engage in whataboutery the least you should do is substantiate.

feargale wrote: »
    Let's have them. If you choose to engage in whataboutery the least you should do is substantiate.

Do a search or don't believe me. Not bothered either way tbh. If you are unaware of YFG contributions to social media, should you really be debating this point?

*checks thread title again, scratches head*

Some boyos, by god

We may never see ye horde attack other political threads again, ye can talk about everything* in here it seems

* Bar SF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sindo running with a story tomorrow re a FG TD confronting a constituent over social media posts according to Hugh O Connell.

#notanormalparty

Look fwd to seeing that discussed in the fg thread if it turns out to be worthy

Now, the group that was reported as administered by sf officials with sf officials as members with what seems to be many extremely problematic posts

You'll have thoughts on that, surely?

Look fwd to seeing that discussed in the fg thread if it turns out to be worthy

Now, the group that was reported as administered by sf officials with sf officials as members with what seems to be many extremely problematic posts

You'll have thoughts on that, surely?

Obviously made no impression on the public according to the latest polls are my thoughts on that non story.

Do a search or don't believe me. Not bothered either way tbh. If you are unaware of YFG contributions to social media, should you really be debating this point?

What are you doing here if you're not bothered?

I don't read any YFG blog. I'm here to ask the questions which I have asked. Not for the first time there seems to be a desire to sidestep the questions.

Why should I be surprised? Look at the video of Gerry McCabee's widow in NYC trying to put questions to Gerry Adams and others and being very deliberately bypassed by the guy on the floor with the microphone,

the one that was an obvious troll?

https://twitter.com/lostexpectation/status/1340471283453202433

Facebook hasn't referred to groups as secret since August 2019... does anyone in the Irish Times factcheck articles,

you call this a minor point,but if you can't get the basics right..?

took a minute to find a blog post from FB saying these groups are referred to as hidden. https://about.fb.com/news/2019/08/groups-privacy-settings/

Well

Thats the important thing here surely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I'm disappointed to see Sinn Fein eating the left, but when you peak beneath the bonnet this doesn't really change a lot in terms of government formation, does it?

Things are still pointing to another FG/FF government, except this poll is a bit more evenly split between them than earlier polls (where FG had a comfortable advantage over FF). And because they've cumulatively gained support since the last election they'd simply use gene pool indys to push them over the line instead if the Greens decided against.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well

Thats the important thing here surely

Yes, one must be pertinent of all the 'facts', while dismissing the elephant in the room. That is the SF online following in the main is a big hate group.
    What do I mean by that?

I am not calling everyone who votes for SF hateful
    I am not saying someone like MLMD or Eoin O'Broin or Louise O'Reilly hateful or harbouring hateful views.
    Sure they support the provisional campaign and all that, they may be slightly sectarian in their views about the North and all, but generally, they are not hateful.

However, many people who vote for and follow SF particularly online harbour hateful views.

The Irish Times expose into that SF Facebook group is just another example of it.

The treatment dissed out to the ex Ógra Sinn Féin Chair, Christine O'Mahony by SF supporters, questioning her 'Irishness', stating she was a FG plant, is an example of it.

Paddy Holohan and his views on his podcast is an example of it.

The extreme lengths and world-class pinhead dancing some people on this board to explain away this type of behaviour is an example of it.

The online obsession with Leo Varadkar is an example of it.

SF, the political party is enjoying newfound success in the polls and will of course like the votes, but deep down, the party hierarchy must be concerned that they seem to be a magnet for these types of people.

The poll about anti-vaxxers flocking to SF is an example of this.
    As I said before, the Irish people who would be MAGA wearing Trump supporters are the people will vote for SF.

SF is to blame for it in a lot of ways. Ok, the anti-government anti-FF/FG crew will just float to anyone but SF has not done nearly enough to stem this type of thinking from their ranks. SF have been playing the populism card for a decade now, since the banking crisis and have fooled many of their new voters that all their ills are to do with the Government and vote for them will usher in an era of cheap housing, low taxes, zero-property taxes, early pensions, world-class public services, universal health care, jobs for everyone and more Irish independence while maintaining a strong link with Europe and the EU...

Yes that is the SF narrative to many problems and the reasons we don't have all the above is because mean FG, or mean Leo or mean FF don't want you to have this stuff, just because.....

Labour went down this populist route in 2011 and it cost them, dear. They over-promised when they knew in their hearts they couldn't deliver. SF will see the same thing if/when they are in government, and for them, it will be worse as they will want to be the major party in government while trying to herd cats with other left-wing groups or parties. A recipe for disaster given what we know about the lack of will for most left-wingers in Ireland.

Can you imagine a government of SF, SD, and the likes of Rise, PBP, Solidarity? Throw in a few indos while you are at it.

So, SF reaps what they sow and the latest revelation of them online is very much a continuation of the populist narrative we have been seeing the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Meanwhile the North is in chaos with the Shinners in charge.......

• Advertisement

They aren't 'in charge' but you are correct, it is in another period of chaos. It's a failed state.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So the Shinners went way out in front of the blueshirts in a poll? Explains the rehashed non story about a "secret Facebook page" so.

Btw, I checked yesterday, I'm only a member of two groups on Facebook I joined myself. I'm in a few more (including a rowing club in Western Australia) - that people added me to, without needing or asking for my consent in doing so.

I suggest they cease the stupid constant online attacks - you only need to take a cursory look on social media to see the public recognise what is going on.

The Shinners are in charge up there now. When did that happen Brenner?

You're rattled horse.

McMurphy wrote: »
    So the Shinners went way out in front of the blueshirts in a poll? Explains the rehashed non story about a "secret Facebook page" so.

Btw, I checked yesterday, I'm only a member of two groups on Facebook I joined myself. I'm in a few more (including a rowing club in Western Australia) - that people added me to, without needing or asking for my consent in doing so.

I suggest they cease the stupid constant online attacks - you only need to take a cursory look on social media to see the public recognise what is going on.

The Shinners are in charge up there now. When did that happen Brenner?

You're rattled horse.

Take a lot more to rattle the Brenner, Randall.

The chubby lad from Tipperary certainly wouldn’t, be sent packing with a well trained Rottie hanging out of his ample calf.

I like the tactic of the Shinners in fairness

When things are going well they are in charge and doing a great job.

When the kip is up in a heap, they are not in charge.

You see,Randall, it’s all about taking responsibility, something the Shinners are very good at avoiding.

Poor ML certainly seemed rattled over the past few weeks.

Tbf the polling data was likely done before this story broke??

FFG hearts are obviously broken,they've pour extra-ordinary amounts of resources into trying to damage/curtail the shinners (cultural hedgemony in practice fyi).....whereas stories like lads charging e1200 for a garden shed in tallaght,3000 kids homeless this xmas are ultimately what people get when they vote ffg ....and they cant challenge these without hurting their core vote

Micheal martin rather bizzare attempt to claim their was no bailout of the banks was in hindsight,just a blantent attempt to raise a pointless controversy to distract from polling data..

Polling from the 3rd to the 15th apparently. Smack bang in the middle of Stanley and others FB trawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Might take up this tactic in work , go in do nothing all day shout at everyone else about how much of **** job they are doing . Seems that what makes you popular these days .

Might take up this tactic in work , go in do nothing all day shout at everyone else about how much of **** job they are doing . Seems that what makes you popular these days .

Or people see through pretend outrage and that they dont like being taken for mugs.....FFG screaming house down about paratroopers being killed in troubles had a quare smack of desperation off it.

Mere months after wanting to hold commerations for black.and tans......seems they havnt learnt anything and are still working from assumption the electorate is wrong always

Or people see through pretend outrage and that they dont like being taken for mugs.....FFG screaming house down about paratroopers being killed in troubles had a quare smack of desperation off it.

Mere months after wanting to hold commerations for black.and tans......seems they havnt learnt anything and are still working from assumption the electorate is wrong always

Rehashing a lot of old stuff there B.

Been flogged to death already, give the council a bell and see if they have any new stuff.

They aren't 'in charge' but you are correct, it is in another period of chaos. It's a failed state.

SF have ministers in Stormont, who are the executive, they are in charge.
    You cant dismiss that. It is a fact.

I can 100% guarantee that those who have flocked to SF due to the ongoing cost of living issue won't give two sh!tes about these stories - and that the relentless focus on this type of crap by the media is fuelling a very real sentiment that there's a concerted effort to delegitimise SF by "official Ireland".

Oh right, the Trumpian 'Fake News' response to legitimate criticism.
    Not a good look.
    I don't know how many times this is going to have to be repeated, but the cost of living situation for young people is so unbelievably dire that literally no amount of deflection whatsoever is going to make the slightest bit of difference. The only thing that can stem the flow of young voters to SF is the emergence of another viable leftist party. Nothing else is going to work. I don't even think a change in policy or ideology by FF or FG would work at this stage, there's too much bad blood by now and nobody would believe such a policy or ideological change was sincere.

Ill repeat, you have a point there, but SF are lying to you when they talk about cheap houses for everyone. It is not about ideology, its about practical solutions to provide housing.

SF voted against the proposal to build 853 homes, because of ideological reasons.
    Any new plan will take up to 8 years to come to fruition. SF councillors are actively stopping houses being built, in the hope they can pin the blame on central government. It seems some suckers are falling for it.

I've said this many times over the years, but if a credible leftist party without SF's baggage were to emerge, many young people would abandon SF. It's not about party, it's about ideology. And no amount of personal crap can change the fact that neoliberalism as an ideology is actively destroying young peoples' lives, ergo regardless of how low SF or its online supporters stoop, they are still seen as a better option than the others.

SF are seen as the anti-establishment party at the moment, who promise cheap housing and a UI Ireland with all the other stuff like low taxes but world class public services. I have magic beans to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

Fine Gael sell this every election

markodaly wrote: »
    promise cheap housing and a UI Ireland with all the other stuff like low taxes but world class public services. I have magic beans to sell.

and you support them.

You don't seem to have a clue who or what you vote for. Duh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement