Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In that context every vote not for the current government is a 'protest vote'. That's silly IMO. Skipping from FF to FG might be 'protest' due to the similarities and records of cronyism but I would suggest anyone going from FG to SF or PBP has had enough of the same aul' ****e we get off FF/FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

jh79 wrote: »
    Not hypocritical as they are different situations. If you have an allergic reaction to a vaccine then for all further vaccines you have to tell the doctor and you might not be able to get it. As these things can run in families. There was added risk.

Asking questions under normal circumstances is not the same thing.

If you think a SF td has being unfairly tarnished then name them ?

I'm not going down a silly rabbit hole with you, I'd rather eat a broken glass sandwich tbh, but it is quite clearly and evidently hypocrisy.

Someone in Reilly's family had a bad reaction to a vaccine in the past, so he is sceptical and that's grand.

Anyone else fearful of worried they or their familiy members (such as Reilly's family member) might have a bad reaction is anti vaxxer headbanger.

One rule for them and one rule for the other.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I feel you are still misunderstanding entirely. A protest vote is just as valid as any other vote, I never suggested otherwise.

You're not going to sway my opinion that a level of protest vote exists in Ireland and always has. For decades (when FF was the biggest party in the country for 70 straight years or so) the protest vote would go to FG and/or Labour, last time out it happened to be SF.

You seem to think I am bashing SF or something, when nothing in my posts have even suggested such a thing.

Sinn Fein have increased their vote every general election since 2002 (from memory) so that's a protest vote for 18 years running.

Btw - you're essentially saying anyone who didn't give FFG a vote is a protest vote. That is arrogance whether you want to admit it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,955 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sinn Fein have increased their vote every general election since 2002 (from memory) so that's a protest vote for 18 years running.

Btw - you're essentially saying anyone who didn't give FFG a vote is a protest vote. That is arrogance whether you want to admit it or not.

It's as if it was diminished of you call it a 'protest' vote...what it is, is a vote against the government, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Less than 24 hours after opposing a travel ban because the FF/FG/Green government proposed one.

The Sinn Fein motto should be “if someone is for something, we’re against it, and vice versa without shame”.

#notanormalparty

• Advertisement

I'm not going down a silly rabbit hole with you, I'd rather eat a broken glass sandwich tbh, but it is quite clearly and evidently hypocrisy.

Someone in Reilly's family had a bad reaction to a vaccine in the past, so he is sceptical and that's grand.

Anyone else fearful of worried they or their familiy members (such as Reilly's family member) might have a bad reaction is anti vaxxer headbanger.

One rule for them and one rule for the other.

You are asked to name a single Sinn Fein TD who has been unfairly tarnished.

You chose not to do so.

I offer you the list of O’Snodaigh, Browne, Wynn, Cronin, Cullinane, Ellis, Ferris, Doherty, Ward, Tully, Stanley, Brady, and ask which of these has been unfairly tarnished for their actions?

12 out of 37 that have questions of varying degrees against them. A few others could be added but I am not gilding the lily.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are asked to name a single Sinn Fein TD who has been unfairly tarnished.

You chose not to do so.

I offer you the list of O’Snodaigh, Browne, Wynn, Cronin, Cullinane, Ellis, Ferris, Doherty, Ward, Tully, Stanley, Brady, and ask which of these has been unfairly tarnished for their actions?

12 out of 37 that have questions of varying degrees against them. A few others could be added but I am not gilding the lily.

The qs was who has been tarnished unfairly as an anti-vaxxer??

Cullinane is afaik,the SF health spokesperson....perhaps you have some proof to.back this assertion he is anti-vaxxer up,given he is most relevent to this discussion

The qs was who has been tarnished unfairly as an anti-vaxxer??

Cullinane is afaik,the SF health spokesperson....perhaps you have some proof to.back this assertion he is anti-vaxxer up,given he is most relevent to this discussion

I am thinking more broadly than that. The original point was about how SF have gathered a strange collection of anti-vaxxers and 9/11 conspiracists among their dark alley men.

Cullinane was tarnished for his “up the ra” statements, did he not say it or believe it?

I am thinking more broadly than that. The original point was about how SF have gathered a strange collection of anti-vaxxers and 9/11 conspiracists among their dark alley men.

Cullinane was tarnished for his “up the ra” statements, did he not say it or believe it?

Tarnished in whose eyes? Yours?

Certainly not in SF's support's eyes...that's growing according to the polls.

No....the qs was who was tarnished unfairly as an anti-vaxxer and yous come in.accusing all.and sundry of it

Simple qs,is cullinane an anti-vaxxer or are yous slinging mud hoping noone would notice

Follow up qs,since im.under 65,am i safe from FG sending people about over my comments here??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Nowhere have i.meant to imply yous were bashing anyone??

Just i dont feel.anyone should be labeled/dismissed as a protest voter....it smacks of arrogance,insinuating anyone whom deosnt fall.in line and vote ffg is only protesting

Like.i.dont like people voting for likes of gemma odoherty and what she stands for....but im.not arrogant enough to dismiss.it as a protest vote,and can acknowledge they have concerns,and feel people screaming racist/tick.at em.is height of arrogamce too

Back to calling me arrogant I see. I could tell the apology in your last post was insincere.

What about the part where I said the protest vote went to FG for 70+ years of our history? How does that tie into your suggestion that I think anyone not voting for FF or FG is a protest vote?

I know you guys like to misinterpret and pile on together on here, but christ pick your battles better than this. Of course protest votes exist. They always have and always will. In every country and every election.

No....the qs was who was tarnished unfairly as an anti-vaxxer and yous come in.accusing all.and sundry of it

Simple qs,is cullinane an anti-vaxxer or are yous slinging mud hoping noone would notice

Follow up qs,since im.under 65,am i safe from FG sending people about over my comments here??

This is the post that sparked it all off, SF have some collection of weirdos among their TDs.
    Conspiracy theory nonsense about schools. The positivity rate in schools is around 2% compared to 10% in the general population.

Anti-vaxxers, 9-11 deniers, racists and homophobes, now Sinn Fein can add cooranvirus conspiracy theorists to their ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jesus the blueshirts are having a howler on twitter again today. Absolutely frothing at the mouth so they are.

https://twitter.com/fpldexter/status/1340806111205724160?s=19

Im pretty sure that account is satire,like WWN,noone is that dense and able to use the internet

That's the lady that committed perjury during the Moriarty tribunal. Father and family are all from a fine gael background. Also claimed Irish wasn't a real language lol.

smurgen wrote: »
    Jesus the blueshirts are having a howler on twitter again today. Absolutely frothing at the mouth so they are.

Oh dear, I think Sarah had a few too many glasses of sherry with the spuds. Torn serveral new ones there.

Embarrassing actually.

She's probably being briefed by a few of the gang on here. Never let a bit of sensationalism get in the way of the truth. :D

Except i wasnt.

The only way,yous can interpet that as calling you arrogant,is if you base your entire identity upon calling people who dont vote ffg as protest votes

If that is the case,i whole-heartly apoligise for offence caused,but i dont know a better word to describe this antic

And for the probably millionth time, that is not what I said or ever even remotely suggested in my posts. Beginning to think it's deliberate misinterpretation of my posts now to be honest, not a hope it's still innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Oh dear, I think Sarah had a few too many glasses of sherry with the spuds. Torn serveral new ones there.

Embarrassing actually.

Sarah Carey the liar. Does anyone pay attention to her.

#Moriarty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That was your claim based on some of them behaving as James Reilly did.

...except he's a doctor and former health minister ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Holy moley...never heard of her before tonight,but just read the transcripts of her interview with miriam ocallaghan

Jesus,no wonder lads were so gung-ho defending varadkar leaking stuff,they are at this with years

Exactly. Take everything she says with a pinch of salt. She should've been jailed.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Sarah Carey the liar. Does anyone pay attention to her.

#Moriarty

Six posts in a row about Fine Gael, is that a record on a Sinn Fein thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Exactly. Take everything she says with a pinch of salt. She should've been jailed.

Same as Violet Wynne and Aenghus O Snodaigh for theft so

Looks like SF proposal to stem the flow of cases from the UK is rejected tonight.

https://twitter.com/BBCJayneMcC/status/1341167692234055681?s=19

Tbf she tweeted about the shinners

Is she still a member of FG though??

I’ve no idea who she is, thought she was just another one of the usual distractions on a SF thread.

Looks like SF proposal to stem the flow of cases from the UK is rejected tonight.

I am sure that they are secretly delighted that the Executive has followed the policy proposed by Lynn Boylan.

I am sure that they are secretly delighted that the Executive has followed the policy proposed by Lynn Boylan.

Doubtful. I'd say people are worried. 40 countries internationally have now banned flights from the UK.

Doubtful. I'd say people are worried. 40 countries internationally have now banned flights from the UK.

Well, it is part of the UK, maybe it’s time we closed the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

That's the thing, while SF have proven their stupidity time and time again here, I genuinely do have sympathy for them working with the likes of the DUP in the north

• Advertisement

All joking aside,its time we stopped travel outside every county tbh

If this new strain is as transmissive as suggested,i can honestly see us doing a march style lockdown again with everything closed properly again

We might be able to hold out until.end of jan,but unless we can get a million (iirc the at risk group is 1.8million,850K severe) vaccinated by march 1st,we deffo wont hold out past then

A real tragedy, as of only the North had kept numbers down as well as we did, it might be possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement