Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

From what I can see, the unionists, especially the DUP are the primary cause of not introducing tougher restrictions at all times necessary up north.
    The problem up north now is that the necessary has become partisan and that goes back to the Storey funeral when trust was breached by SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

From what I can see, the unionists, especially the DUP are the primary cause of not introducing tougher restrictions at all times necessary up north.
    The problem up north now is that the necessary has become partisan and that goes back to the Storey funeral when trust was breached by SF.

Even when it was the DUP it was SF. Gotcha. Those that are voting it down are saying it's not political that it's based upon health advice. Advice they can't produce weirdly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    I’ve no idea who she is, thought she was just another one of the usual distractions on a SF thread.

She's one of yours blanch.

smurgen wrote: »
    Even when it was the DUP it was SF. Gotcha. Those that are voting it down are saying it's not political that it's based upon health advice. Advice they can't produce weirdly enough.

https://twitter.com/naomi_long/status/1341191793518522368?s=19

I'm not arguing that it's not the unionists fault at present, I'd lay the blame on them for the present state of NI.
    It's being abused already as I hear there were numerous southern reg cars at Belfast Airport yesterday picking up passengers.
    Same down here, I got a phone call from a relative yesterday who came home from London on the ferry on Sunday night saying he'd see me for new year hopefully, he had a flight booked for Wednesday but took the ferry after he heard the flight ban was coming.
    People are stupid too

• Registered Users Posts: 68,955 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It all started with the funeral???

Did you type that, read it back and then press post and the absurdity of it never occurred to you?

This is the party that voted for and campaigned strenuously for Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I’ve no idea who she is, thought she was just another one of the usual distractions on a SF thread.

Father was a Fine Gael Councillor, she leaked for Denis O'Brien. I think the Irish Times let her go because she lied to Moriarty Tribunal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Its a bit of an excuse to blame SF at this stage. Highest incidence of Covid in NI is in East Belfast, not West Belfast as one would expect if using the Storey funeral as a reason for breach of trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Equally so, with numbers on the rise here, they can all be traced back to 'Golfgate' and Hogan rallying around the country while on his phone, as that is really when numbers stopped declining and started rising again..

Suckit wrote: »
    Equally so, with numbers on the rise here, they can all be traced back to 'Golfgate' and Hogan rallying around the country while on his phone, as that is really when numbers stopped declining and started rising again..

I suppose we like blaming politicians and their breaches on both sides make it worse and doesn't help for sure as they make the rules and you'd expect them to be to the forefront of examples of keeping them.
    So no argument with your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The rise in numbers in the north can be traced back to Storeys funeral in June?

What a load of pish, absolute pish.

The numbers are in the rise here too, and I don't think anyone is about to start fingering the blame for that at Garda Horkans funeral, Golfgate, or lads drinking the face of themselves in Dublin city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I suppose we like blaming politicians and their breaches on both sides make it worse and doesn't help for sure as they make the rules and you'd expect them to be to the forefront of examples of keeping them.
    So no argument with your post.

The key difference is that Dara Calleary did the honourable thing and set an example, while Michelle O’Neill did not. The difference in leadership at the time has led months later to a different outcome in terms of cases, reflecting much better on Calleary and exposing once again the failures of Sinn Fein leadership.

McMurphy wrote: »
    The rise in numbers in the north can be traced back to Storeys funeral in June?

What a load of pish, absolute pish.

The numbers are in the rise here too, and I don't think anyone is about to start fingering the blame for that at Garda Horkans funeral, Golfgate, or lads drinking the face of themselves in Dublin city centre.

The NI CMO last night in his/her report to Robert Swann said that the new Covid variant is more likely to come from the South.
    given the extent of traffic between RoI and UK it is almost inevitable that the [virus] variant is present in RoI where it is unlikely to be easily detected given that little viral sequencing is performed".

Apparently, switching travel from where it is known to be out of control, (southern England) from the ROI (which has banned flights from there) to Belfast (where huge numbers are now coming in from that area) was deemed sensible. I.E. Facilitate it getting worse in where (ROI) you know it is likely to come back to you from.

By this logic,why did charlie flanagan not resign for attending that funeral,it was more than 5km from his gaff??

Seems to.me,its only FF politians are held to account while FG can do what they want,fcuk sake,they couldnt even be bothered impeached the FG annointed judge

The difference has been explained many times, but I acknowledge that implicit in your response is an acceptance that Michelle O'Neill should have resigned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

Fair play to Sinn Fein for agreeing to go with Public Health Advice in the North only to be rejected by the Unionists and Allianace it must be said

Its a pity our own Govt wouldnt follow Public Health Advice or this Xmas wouldnt have been as bad as its going to be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The difference has been explained many times, but I acknowledge that implicit in your response is an acceptance that Michelle O'Neill should have resigned.

Micky Martin swanning around Enniskillen in November trying to fan the flames of sectarianism was fine then?

Meh,she can resign and collaspe stomont any time,it deosnt work,so.makes no difference to me.....long since time to pull the plug on that farce and push on with reunification

Theres no difference between a garda funeral and bobbi story one imo....unless you have some evidence to suggest the virus can differentiate,otherwise its pure unadulterated hyprocrisy to my eyes anyway

By that logic, there is no difference between a pub and a hospital.....unless you have some evidence to suggest the virus can differentiate.

That's the point, it's not about what the virus can differentiate between, it's about what responsible adults can differentiate between.

Micky Martin swanning around Enniskillen in November trying to fan the flames of sectarianism was fine then?

Leo visiting a hospice for a photo op at a hospice yesterday wasnt the best idea either

By that logic, there is no difference between a pub and a hospital.....unless you have some evidence to suggest the virus can differentiate.

That's the point, it's not about what the virus can differentiate between, it's about what responsible adults can differentiate between.

So theres no difference in 2 funerals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Same as Violet Wynne and Aenghus O Snodaigh for theft so

Throwing around false claims? As I understand it Wynne took money from a charity and was slow to pay it back. That's not theft.
    O'Snodaigh pilfered printer ink(?) maybe ten years ago (?), that's closer to theft but was he charged?

Is this 'the heavies' calling around again, while ignoring a FG'er actually threatening a pensioner over a social media post?

A real tragedy, as of only the North had kept numbers down as well as we did, it might be possible.

Yes. The DUP have a lot to answer for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of Xmas anger out there............any chance of a cool down till Francie comes back.

The key difference is that Dara Calleary did the honourable thing and set an example, while Michelle O’Neill did not. The difference in leadership at the time has led months later to a different outcome in terms of cases, reflecting much better on Calleary and exposing once again the failures of Sinn Fein leadership.

Are you comparing Garda Horkan's funeral (Charlie Flanagan etc.) to the Clifden golf piss up? A bit much. While they were wrong IMO at least it was out doors.

Bowie wrote: »
    Throwing around false claims? As I understand it Wynne took money from a charity and was slow to pay it back. That's not theft.
    O'Snodaigh pilfered printer ink(?) maybe ten years ago (?), that's closer to theft but was he charged?

Is this 'the heavies' calling around again, while ignoring a FG'er actually threatening a pensioner over a social media post?

Wynne only paid back what the court recommended. She still ended up with a couple of years rent free.

People wear masks and glasses in hospiteals.?

Why was charlie flanagn more than 5km from his house?,when mikey D and micheal martin didnt attend,do covid restrictions not apply to FG?

It was Flanagan's job to be there, as Minister for Justice, for an official funeral of a member of the Gardai.

Explained ad nauseum.

It was Flanagan's job to be there, as Minister for Justice, for an official funeral of a member of the Gardai.

Explained ad nauseum.

SF do sonething, Blanch states its the worst thing in the world

FFG/Greens do the exact same thing, Deflect

Not the same, as explained many many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

You mean SF do something, get deserved criticism. Shinners try find anything remotely related that FG did to deflect from having to discuss what SF did.

FFG did it. Its an example of why they shouldn't be in government. SF did it but sure what about FFG.

Rinse and repeat.

Explained ad nauseum.

Where is it in his job description?

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    You mean SF do something, get criticised. Shinners try find anything remotely related that FG did to defect from having to discuss what SF did.

FFG did it. Its an example of why they shouldn't be in government. SF did it but sure what about FFG.

Rinse and repeat.

It wasnt SF who revealed FG TDs have been threatening pensioners at their door

• Advertisement

Not the same, as explained many many times.

Covid can not tell the difference between 2 funerals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement