Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

It wasnt SF who revealed FG TDs have been threatening pensioners at their door

Right on cue 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Wynne only paid back what the court recommended. She still ended up with a couple of years rent free.

So not done for theft. Figured. Not defending the woman. You know more about her than I. You'd the thread and that. But it's important there's no false claims.
    It was Flanagan's job to be there, as Minister for Justice, for an official funeral of a member of the Gardai.

Explained ad nauseum.

I'll defer to a familiar poster:
    By that logic, there is no difference between a pub and a hospital.....unless you have some evidence to suggest the virus can differentiate.

That's the point, it's not about what the virus can differentiate between, it's about what responsible adults can differentiate between.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Right on cue 😂😂

Wasnt SF who found out FG/Leo appointed Judges cause they are there mates. Giving documents to their mates. Having bets with mates for a laugh during Covid Speeches. Not SF going against NPHET advice

The latest opinion polls tell us what the people think, SF on the rise, FG losing votes every time they say hey but SF

Keep it up lads

You mean SF do something, get deserved criticism. Shinners try find anything remotely related that FG did to deflect from having to discuss what SF did.

FFG did it. Its an example of why they shouldn't be in government. SF did it but sure what about FFG.

Rinse and repeat.

Not so.
    It's more FG do something crony so FG trawl twitter or spin yarns, tell lies to try deflect, then people (including some shinners in all likelihood) step in to point out the absolute hypocrisy of FG as chances are they've done same or worse. That's why I'm here anyway.

Wasnt SF who found out FG/Leo appointed Judges cause they are there mates. Giving documents to their mates. Having bets with mates for a laugh during Covid Speeches. Not SF going against NPHET advice

The latest opinion polls tell us what the people think, SF on the rise, FG losing votes every time they say hey but SF

Keep it up lads

I have to thank you. I've never seen anyone so keen to prove another poster right than you responding to my post on deflecting from SF criticism by pointing at FG with a random assortment of whatabout FG points lol.

• Advertisement

I have to thank you. I've never seen anyone so keen to prove another poster right than you responding to my post on deflecting from SF criticism by pointing at FG with a random assortment of whatabout FG points lol.

lol? Are you 16?

The polls tell us, what FG are doing is driving up support for SF. Great to see

lol? Are you 16?

The polls tell us, what FG are doing is driving up support for SF. Great to see

No need to get personal now just because I called out your incredibly stupid whataboutery post proving exactly what I was talking about. I was nice and thanked you for your help.

And the polls tell us that people aren't happy. Surprise surprise people aren't happy with the world in chaos, lockdown after lockdown and job losses everywhere.

No need to get personal now just because I called out your incredibly stupid whataboutery post proving exactly what I was talking about. I was nice and thanked you for your help.

And the polls tell us that people aren't happy. Surprise surprise people aren't happy with the world in chaos, lockdown after lockdown and job losses everywhere.

i asked were you 16 as i dont be around adults that use lol. Nothing personal in it, on the other hand u are calling my opinions stupid.

People are happy with SF, the rise in support shows us that

• Registered Users Posts: 68,955 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The polls tell us FG are losing support while it is growing for SF and FF with the world in chaos, lockdown after lockdown and job losses everywhere.

i asked were you 16 as i dont be around adults that use lol. Nothing personal in it, on the other hand u are calling my opinions stupid.

People are happy with SF, the rise in support shows us that

Asking my age to imply I'm immature is personal. Calling a clearly stupid post stupid isn't.

People aren't necessarily happy with SF they're more inclined to vote SF because they're a populist party that are promising something different. Populism always does well when things are tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

There must be no spell checkers up in the wind blown heathery hills.

Uhmmmmmm...................

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You mean SF do something, get deserved criticism. Shinners try find anything remotely related that FG did to deflect from having to discuss what SF did.

FFG did it. Its an example of why they shouldn't be in government. SF did it but sure what about FFG.

Rinse and repeat.

What a load of scutter, it basically boils down to how people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It's some level of stupidity to do something, (in this example we'll use Ring/Flanagan break covid restrictions) and then wait a week or two until Sinn Fein do similar, then scream from the rooftops about the shinners doing it.

They just cannot help themselves from the grandstanding, it's in their nature.

Same thing with Carroll MacNeill blackmailing the lad, or calling to the pensioner's door, they're the "do as we say" party, and it's down to their arrogance and ineptitude that is seeing the Shinners rise in the polls.

Dress it up whatever way you see fit, you know I'm right though.

The polls tell us FG are losing support while it is growing for SF and FF with the world in chaos, lockdown after lockdown and job losses everywhere.

For FF the 1 point increase is hardly worth noting after dropping 5 points in the previous poll.

And as I explained to the other poster populist parties always do well in times of chaos. People get unhappy and desperate and look for a change.

To claim its all down to the backfiring of a FG master plan to discredit them on social media is about as stupid as responding to an accusation of whataboutery with more whataboutery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

There must be no spell checkers up in the wind blown heathery hills.

Uhmmmmmm...................

*Windblown* is a compound word or should by hyphenated. Mar shampla: wind-blown.

If you're going to scoff at posts for things such as spelling and grammar, I recommend a browser extension such as Grammarly to avoid embarrassing moments like this one in the future.

For FF the 1 point increase is hardly worth noting after dropping 5 points in the previous poll.

And as I explained to the other poster populist parties always do well in times of chaos. People get unhappy and desperate and look for a change.

To claim its all down to the backfiring of a FG master plan to discredit them on social media is about as stupid as responding to an accusation of whataboutery with more whataboutery.

Might explain FGs election result in 2011, their seat losses in 2016 and then being leapfrogged by the Shinners in 2020 so.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What a load of scutter,

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I read the rest of your post anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Bowie wrote: »
    Throwing around false claims? As I understand it Wynne took money from a charity and was slow to pay it back. That's not theft.

Wynne took money from a charity, didn't pay it back and the charity went bust. In my eyes, that's theft.

We saw what the negative campaign FG ran did in the election. Fully willing to believe the people decided to shaft them because they were useless.

Are you trying to pretend FG haven't launched an attack on SF again? Their twitter page would suggest you are talking more bollix if so.

*Windblown* is a compound word or should by hyphenated. Mar shampla: wind-blown.

If you're going to scoff at posts for things such as spelling and grammar, I recommend a browser extension such as Grammarly to avoid embarrassing moments like this one in the future.

I had that extension but ‘by hyphenated’ wasn’t in it, so I deleted it.

If you have it, Pearse,I’d get rid of it too, does get one a bit let down.

Thanks for the tip, horse.;)

McMurphy wrote: »
    Might explain FGs election result in 2011, their seat losses in 2016 and then being leapfrogged by the Shinners in 2020 so.

It certainly explains labour's results in 2011 and their brief stint with popularity don't you think?

And of course FG benefited hugely from the chaos too and were never going to retain all that support.

And yes SFs support now is born of populism, painting the powers that be as the enemy and claiming they're the saviours of the working class and hoovering up the votes of desperate people.

So we're in agreement then? Excellent.

• Advertisement

An excellent year for SF. A glorious election led by Mary Lou breaking up the 100 years of FF and FG swapping positions meaning that they have actually merged in all but name

After all the FG having a go at SF, media controlled by the state (with some exceptions), saying but what about SF anytime FFG do something wrong.

The Shinners support is still rising. Some people find it hard to except but they better start getting use to it. In the latest polls in under 35s age SF have more support than FF and FG combined

A merry Christmas to all on our Island

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Prior to the covid crisis, the economy was doing well and Sf was on the up and rise because issues like health, homelessness and housing weren't keeping pace with the economy. Then when the lockdown came, FG rose again and Sf dropped as they ere seen to have a steady hand in managing the crisis.

People are fickle.

An excellent year for SF. A glorious election led by Mary Lou breaking up the 100 years of FF and FG swapping positions meaning that they have actually merged in all but name

After all the FG having a go at SF, media controlled by the state (with some exceptions), saying but what about SF anytime FFG do something wrong.

The Shinners support is still rising. Some people find it hard to except but they better start getting use to it. In the latest polls in under 35s age SF have more support than FF and FG combined

A merry Christmas to all on our Island

A glorious election indeed. Then why are on the opposition benches?

A glorious election indeed. Then why are on the opposition benches?

Because in a desperate and ill fated (so far) move to cling on to the power they swapped for 100 years FF/FG froze them out. Seems the electorate are having none of it.

A bit of xmas humour
    (I hope this isnt homophobic)

https://mobile.twitter.com/badboyblues_/status/1341354445448368131

I'll add to it.

The blueshirts do not do irony.

https://twitter.com/MarkTie79093356/status/1339230377228066818?s=19

Because in a desperate and ill fated (so far) move to cling on to the power they swapped for 100 years FF/FG froze them out. Seems the electorate are having none of it.

Or, maybe the fact that they didn’t bother entering discussions with others who might have formed a government with them is closer to the truth?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Wynne took money from a charity, didn't pay it back and the charity went bust. In my eyes, that's theft.

That's cool. I'd appreciate if you'd included 'in my eyes' or an 'IMO'. Would have saved time.

Or, maybe the fact that they didn’t bother entering discussions with others who might have formed a government with them is closer to the truth?

Well, that was the story put about but never proved.

FF vowed never to go into a coalition with FG just before the election and FG said putting Michael Martin in charge would be like asking John Delaney back to run the FAI. These things are PROVEN.

Yet.....wait for it...guess who is in a coalition and who is top dog?

Or Mary, maybe the alphabets and their fellow travelers preferred to slouch on the back benches, draw the wedge, roar and shout with the full expectation that they will never have to deliver or make an unpopular decision.

Mary, people like you who know these tactics are quite right to call these imposters.

Well done.

• Advertisement

Well, that was the story put about but never proved.

FF vowed never to go into a coalition with FG just before the election and FG said putting Michael Martin in charge would be like asking John Delaney back to run the FAI. These things are PROVEN.

Yet.....wait for it...guess who is in a coalition and who is top dog?

FG and FF put their differences aside for the good of the country.
    SF didn’t bother responding to genuine approaches.
    Anyway, the current government are doing a good job in very difficult times.
    Have a happy and safe Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement