Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Scotland weren't ignored. They were given the choice in a previous referendum of whether they want independence and get to choose the future of Scotland or remain part of the UK and hitch Scotlands future to that of the rest of the UK. They chose the latter

Every single scottish constiruemcy voted remain....scotland have since been forced to leave the EU,despite voting to remain??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

How deos it not make sense,one island one vote

Seems to apply for brexit....but not here?

If you still can't see the difference then I can't help you here.

It's not something SF want anyway, so irrelevant for this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Every single scottish constiruemcy voted remain....scotland have since been forced to leave the EU,despite voting to remain??

Scotland were never part of the EU. The UK was and Scotland voted to be part of the UK. The UK voted to leave the EU. They weren't forced into or out of anything.

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Scotland were never part of the EU. The UK was and Scotland voted to be part of the UK. The UK voted to leave the EU. They weren't forced into or out of anything.

WTF.....scotland were in the EU??
    Literally every single area of scotland voted to remain in the EU.....but are now forced out

Kinda like micheal martin and claiming there was no bank bailout territory now :pac:....i think ive seen enough of people denying reality for one night

Chat/craic tomorrow guys

Literally every single area of scotland voted to remain in the EU.....but are now forced out

Kinda like micheal martin and claiming there was no bank bailout territory now :pac:....i think ive seen enough of people denying reality for one night

Chat/craic tomorrow guys

Then why would Scotland have been required to reapply for the EU, either via Art 48 or more likely via Art 49, if they had voted for Independence back in 2014?

Agreed regarding the denying reality part. I think we mean different people however.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Chat/craic tomorrow guys

Is this your new tactic? Post nonsense and then just keep shouting it over and over until you tire yourself out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Leo visiting a hospice for a photo op at a hospice yesterday wasnt the best idea either

There was rumour he'd gone on a weekend jolly, needed to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 27,951 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm not remotely describing anything as fake news. I'm suggesting that the Irish Times and Indo in particular have run seemingly relentless condemnation pieces aimed at SF and far more than those aimed at other mainstream parties, which is giving rise to the very legitimate hypothesis among even many who despise SF, that these papers have an agenda and are not being impartial.

Personally I'd actually go with Occam's Razor on this and suggest that as opposed to necessarily a political agenda, the agenda is to drive clicks. Hence why some SF supporters are suggesting that people shouldn't link directly to such articles when sharing them with other SF supporters, as it adds fuel to that fire.

Your logic is deeply flawed.

The occam’s Razor conclusion is the reason there are more articles criticising Sinn Fein is that there is more to criticise.

Bowie wrote: »
    Very much so.
    Certainly, it's more akin to post war Germany than anyone leaving the EU.

That's a flawed and inaccurate assumption.
    Of course it does.
    I think it's commendable that we support the democratic element in all this considering how partition came about and how the catholic community were treated by the authorities.

Historical revisionism reaches a new high with this island today being compared to post-war Germany!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I hear young Derren is moving up the ranks!

Hmmmmm.......these are our future rulers are they?

• Advertisement

le

Every single constituency in scotland voted remain......scotland still ended up leaving,due to england voting leave :pac:

Twist it,whatever way yous want,brexit is an english decision

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland consists of England, Wales, Scotland and the 6 counties of Northern Ireland. One unit made up of four parts, voting as one single unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Like a post war Germany? Ah come on now. That's just crazy talk. You surely are saying that in jest.

Everyone here also seems to be either forgetting or just don't care about the large unionist voice in the North. Whether we like it or not, their voice deserves to be heard. Both in any potential referendums and ultimately within a UI.

They have to adapt to modern society, banging drums and preaching fire and brimstone went out 200 years ago, letting them get an easy ride over racist sectarian views because it's their culture, FFG meeting the Orange order is no different to meeting the KKK

They have to adapt to modern society, banging drums and preaching fire and brimstone went out 200 years ago, letting them get an easy ride over racist sectarian views because it's their culture, FFG meeting the Orange order is no different to meeting the KKK

The prevalence of divisive views like this make a UI further away, not closer. A UI will need to have some accommodations for people of Unionist beliefs. It's the only way it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The prevalence of divisive views like this make a UI further away, not closer. A UI will need to have some accommodations for people of Unionist beliefs. It's the only way it would work.

Everyone has to change but themuns?

Ireland already accommodates everyone, we had a painful birth but we have built an inclusive society (largely).
    Unionists will be accommodated but their excesses won't just as the excesses of anyone else won't be.
    They have had to temper their worst excesses where they now live and behave like democrats (flegs, marching, rights) they'll have to do it in a UI too. As will everyone.

Everyone has to change but themuns?

Ireland already accommodates everyone, we had a painful birth but we have built an inclusive society (largely).
    Unionists will be accommodated but their excesses won't just as the excesses of anyone else won't be.
    They have had to temper their worst excesses where they now live and behave like democrats (flegs, marching, rights) they'll have to do it in a UI too. As will everyone.

Where did I even remotely suggest that? Reading what you want to read once again I feel.

I said a UI will need to have some accommodations for people of Unionist beliefs. That's just plain common sense.

Where did I even remotely suggest that? Reading what you want to read once again I feel.

I said a UI will need to have some accommodations for people of Unionist beliefs. That's just plain common sense.

So will part of this accommodation be to allow them celebrate what the poster was talking about?

So will part of this accommodation be to allow them celebrate what the poster was talking about?

So you would ban 12 July celebrations in a UI? And you don't expect their would be any implications of banning the celebrations? Close to 1 million Unionist population would just sit there and be happy about that?

Whether you like it or not, 12 July would need to be a public holiday in a UI.

So you would ban 12 July celebrations in a UI? And you don't expect their would be any implications of banning the celebrations? Close to 1 million Unionist population would just sit there and be happy about that?

Whether you like it or not, 12 July would need to be a public holiday in a UI.

That is NOT what the poster said.

letting them get an easy ride over racist sectarian views because it's their culture, FFG meeting the Orange order is no different to meeting the KKK

The Orange Order is a 'divisive sectarian organisation'. IT has no place in a modern inclusive democracy and we should be, rather than meeting and accommodating it, be looking for it's disbandment, just as we would never allow a similar organisation begin and prosper. Moderate Unionists are leaving it and are embarrassed by it but FG in particular wish to embrace and accomodate it.

That is NOT what the poster said.

letting them get an easy ride over racist sectarian views because it's their culture, FFG meeting the Orange order is no different to meeting the KKK

The Orange Order is a 'divisive sectarian organisation'. IT has no place in a modern inclusive democracy and we should be, rather than meeting and accommodating it, be looking for it's disbandment, just as we would never allow a similar organisation begin and prosper. Moderate Unionists are leaving it and are embarrassed by it but FG in particular wish to embrace and accomodate it.

And as I said, I would see comparing them to the KKK as being divisive rhetoric that moves us further away from a UI, rather than closer.

Before you claim I am defending or even support the Orange Order by the way, I absolutely do not. I'm just being realistic as to what a UI would look like.

And as I said, I would see comparing them to the KKK as being divisive rhetoric that moves us further away from a UI, rather than closer.

Before you claim I am defending or even support the Orange Order by the way, I absolutely do not. I'm just being realistic as to what a UI would look like.

Why would it 'move' it further away?

Because people won't vote for it because they would prefer to hold on to sectarian organsiations?

Tell the truth and let it fall where it may...stop pussyfooting around these things. That was a large reason why NI went up in flames...FG FF fear of offending bigots and sectarian organisations and 'looking the other way'..
    I don't care if we have to wait another 200 years for a UI - tell the truth - stand up for what you believe in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Reward for breaking covid rules instead of sanction.
    Jesus SF don't do accountability at all do they!
    Good little soldier.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/promotion-storey-funeral-selfie-row-sinn-fein-man-derren-o-bradaigh-co-opted-as-councillor-39893118.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

It wasn't 'theft' as your claimed. It was only theft in your mind.

You said that I should have written "in my eyes or IMO". I literally wrote "In my eyes, that is theft". Are you so blinded by your desperation to defend SF/IRA at all costs that you can't properly read any criticism of them and you just jump in with both feet.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Wynne took money from a charity, didn't pay it back and the charity went bust. In my eyes, that's theft.
    That's cool. I'd appreciate if you'd included 'in my eyes' or an 'IMO'. Would have saved time.

You said that I should have written "in my eyes or IMO". I literally wrote "In my eyes, that is theft". Are you so blinded by your desperation to defend SF/IRA at all costs that you can't properly read any criticism of them and you just jump in with both feet.

That was a hilarious exchange.

By the way, it wasn't just in your eyes that it was theft. It was a court that evicted her on the basis of her theft, now when a Shinner has been found by a court to be a thief, it can be denied or is only an opinion!!!

Reward for breaking covid rules instead of sanction.
    Jesus SF don't do accountability at all do they!
    Good little soldier.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/promotion-storey-funeral-selfie-row-sinn-fein-man-derren-o-bradaigh-co-opted-as-councillor-39893118.html

Did anyone expect anything different?

#notanormalparty

:) Leak confidential documents and confess to wrong doing...walk away and continue your career.
    Take a selfie you admit was wrong to do, 'hang that man and end his career.

The FG FF moral compass. :)

:) Leak confidential documents and confess to wrong doing...walk away and continue your career.
    Take a selfie you admit was wrong to do, 'hang that man and end his career.

The FG FF moral compass. :)

Leo still haunting the dreams of SF supporters everywhere.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Leo still haunting the dreams of SF supporters everywhere.

A selfie getting FGers knickers in a knot 6 months after it was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Wynne took money from a charity, didn't pay it back and the charity went bust. In my eyes, that's theft.

Fact check: The money was paid back.

https://www.clareecho.ie/clare-td-wynne-pays-rent-arrears-to-rri/

For the record, RRI went bust because it was underfunded, not because it had rent arrears of 12K.

Pascal pulled the funding in 2012.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rural-housing-agency-to-give-back-21-keys-due-to-lack-of-funding-1.3451772

A selfie getting FGers knickers in a knot 6 months after it was taken.

There is a pattern.

The Kingsmill councillor getting reselected after being suspended.

Paddy Holohan getting put forward for a position after his racist homophobic rantings.

Now, take a selfie breaching lockdown and you get a Council nomination.

#notanormalparty

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    Fact check: The money was paid back.

https://www.clareecho.ie/clare-td-wynne-pays-rent-arrears-to-rri/

For the record, RRI went bust because it was underfunded, not because it had rent arrears of 12K.

Pascal pulled the funding in 2012.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rural-housing-agency-to-give-back-21-keys-due-to-lack-of-funding-1.3451772

Did the court evict her for not paying her rent? Yes

Did she ever pay back the charity she owed rent to? No

Does that make her a thief? Yes

Sure, she tried to make some restitution by paying money to another charity, but she still robbed the first one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement