Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    There is a pattern.

The Kingsmill councillor getting reselected after being suspended.

Paddy Holohan getting put forward for a position after his racist homophobic rantings.

Now, take a selfie breaching lockdown and you get a Council nomination.

#notanormalparty

Confess to wrongdoing - get no sanction at all. Check mate on 'normal'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,946 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Confess to wrongdoing - get no sanction at all. Check mate on 'normal'.

In Sinn Fein's case, as my post makes clear, you get a promotion for confessing to wrongdoing, think you taking down the wrong piece.

#notanormalparty

In Sinn Fein's case, as my post makes clear, you get a promotion for confessing to wrongdoing, think you taking down the wrong piece.

#notanormalparty

No, in SF's case it is about accepting an apology and having some perspective. Taking a selfie versus leaking confidential documents to a vested interest.

Hmmm...you can try and make them similar in scale, but that would just be comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

jm08 wrote: »
    Fact check: The money was paid back.

https://www.clareecho.ie/clare-td-wynne-pays-rent-arrears-to-rri/

For the record, RRI went bust because it was underfunded, not because it had rent arrears of 12K.

Pascal pulled the funding in 2012.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rural-housing-agency-to-give-back-21-keys-due-to-lack-of-funding-1.3451772

I'm glad she paid what she owed. 4 years too late. It was still theft. I believe it's quite common for criminals to make reparations to their victims after they get caught.
    Sorry Bowie, IMO it was still theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

That was a hilarious exchange.

By the way, it wasn't just in your eyes that it was theft. It was a court that evicted her on the basis of her theft, now when a Shinner has been found by a court to be a thief, it can be denied or is only an opinion!!!

So anyone who is evicted is a thief now, regardless of the circumstances. Not a surprising view from someone who supports a Leo lead Fine Gael.

Why did Pascal pull the funding for RRI Blanch? Thats the reason it went bust.
    And stop repeating lies about Wynne. The money was repaid (obviously as soon as she had it).

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I'm glad she paid what she owed. 4 years too late. It was still theft. I believe it's quite common for criminals to make reparations to their victims after they get caught.

So anyone with rent/mortgage arrears are thieves?
    You would fit in well in Trump America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

And stop repeating lies about Wynne. The money was repaid (obviously as soon as she had it).

63 euro a week rent and she had no ability to pay a cent in 4 years? But the first opportunity she had to pay anything was conveniently just as she was publicly called out on it when she transferred 12k?

Now who's repeating lies? She never had any intention to pay anything "as soon as she had it" she was forced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Irony.....
    You said that I should have written "in my eyes or IMO". I literally wrote "In my eyes, that is theft". Are you so blinded by your desperation to defend SF/IRA at all costs that you can't properly read any criticism of them and you just jump in with both feet.

Complains about people not reading things properly.
    Fact check: The money was paid back.

https://www.clareecho.ie/clare-td-wynne-pays-rent-arrears-to-rri/

For the record, RRI went bust because it was underfunded, not because it had rent arrears of 12K.

Pascal pulled the funding in 2012.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rural-housing-agency-to-give-back-21-keys-due-to-lack-of-funding-1.3451772

Then completely misreads who the poster is he's quoting. :pac:

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    63 euro a week rent and she had no ability to pay a cent in 4 years? But the first opportunity she had to pay anything was conveniently just as she was publicly called out on it when she transferred 12k?

Now who's repeating lies? She never had any intention to pay anything "as soon as she had it" she was forced to.

Relax, it's not she's literally a millionaire and found herself in Stubbs Gazette.

Reilly-Stubbs-Gazette-41-752x501.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

Some people finding it very hard to except its the end of 2020 and going on the year so far elections and most recent polls, Sinn Fein are Irelands most popular party.

All the name calling, attempts to stop the rise is support has actually improved peoples outlook on SF as anyone with a bit of sense will have seen 6 months of attacls by FFG to SF, with Leo even telling everyone SF dont want you if you are white or a male

An historic year led by Mary Lou

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Historical revisionism reaches a new high with this island today being compared to post-war Germany!!!!

Yes Northern Ireland and East Germany have many differences, except the part were a country is divided by a foreign power, (and then reunited).
    Again you ignore or miss the context. More akin to German reunification than Brexit ffs.

An historic year led by Mary Lou

This has been repeated word for word quite a few times here over the last few days.

Was this in a Shinner memo or something? Are you all brown nosing and looking for promotions too? :pac:

Reward for breaking covid rules instead of sanction.
    Jesus SF don't do accountability at all do they!
    Good little soldier.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/promotion-storey-funeral-selfie-row-sinn-fein-man-derren-o-bradaigh-co-opted-as-councillor-39893118.html

Still on about the Horkan/Storey funerals? :rolleyes:
    Are SF to stop giving members posts now or just the ones went to the funerals, (was a shinner at Horkan's)?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Relax, it's not she's literally a millionaire and found herself in Stubbs Gazette.

Right, you'd have to be a millionaire to pay 63 euro in rent to a charity that housed you.

You said that I should have written "in my eyes or IMO". I literally wrote "In my eyes, that is theft". Are you so blinded by your desperation to defend SF/IRA at all costs that you can't properly read any criticism of them and you just jump in with both feet.

Relax.
    Mixed you up with this chap:
    Same as Violet Wynne and Aenghus O Snodaigh for theft so

You jumped in on that. Not to worry.

That was a hilarious exchange.

By the way, it wasn't just in your eyes that it was theft. It was a court that evicted her on the basis of her theft, now when a Shinner has been found by a court to be a thief, it can be denied or is only an opinion!!!

Really? I'd say 'Last of the summer wine' has you in knots bless.

Three exclamation marks :) Serenity now!
    Was she charged and convicted of theft? If she was, fair enough. But I don't believe she was. Just pointing out an inaccuracy ;)

Leo still haunting the dreams of SF supporters everywhere.

Tell us more about Violet Anne...

There is a pattern.

Paddy Holohan getting put forward for a position after his racist homophobic rantings.

#notanormalparty

You say these opinions and claims like they are fact.

You think he got put forward because he took a good selfie? Maybe that's a requirement in Varadkar's cabinet :)

Bowie wrote: »
    You say these opinions and claims like they are fact.

You think he got put forward because he took a good selfie? Maybe that's a requirement in Varadkar's cabinet :)

Say what?

Read my post. It is full of facts, not opinions. Even the #notanormalparty is closer to fact than opinion.

I never said that he got put forward because he took a good selfie, I said that there is a pattern of people in Sinn Fein being rewarded following bad behaviour. That is a fact.
    There is a pattern.

#notanormalparty

Edit: You did well to find a way to squeeze a reference to Leo into your post on a Sinn Fein thread again

So anyone who is evicted is a thief now, regardless of the circumstances. Not a surprising view from someone who supports a Leo lead Fine Gael.

Why did Pascal pull the funding for RRI Blanch? Thats the reason it went bust.

Of course not everyone who is evicted is a thief.

However, anyone who is evicted for not paying rent, has robbed money from a landlord, so in those cases, the label fits.

She is a thief.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Yes Northern Ireland and East Germany have many differences, except the part were a country is divided by a foreign power, (and then reunited).
    Again you ignore or miss the context. More akin to German reunification than Brexit ffs.

You surpass yourself again. Tell us when this island was reunited.

Say what?

Read my post. It is full of facts, not opinions. Even the #notanormalparty is closer to fact than opinion.

I never said that he got put forward because he took a good selfie, I said that there is a pattern of people in Sinn Fein being rewarded following bad behaviour. That is a fact.

You took your opinions on what Holohan said called him a racist and a homophobe. You throw those terms out so much they lose all meaning when coming from you. These are your opinions on an idiot, (that's my opinion of him).

I think you are jumping to a fair few conclusions there. From a cursory search, the following seems to have been the background.

1. Wynne & family moved to Clare in 2011 to what was supposed to be a finished and furnished house.

2. The house wasn't finished with physical defects and it wasn't furnished.
    3. Irish Gov. funding to Rural Resettlement was cut in 2012 (for a number of reasons - such as new planning laws prohibiting dispersed housing.
    4. Wynne was in dispute with RRI over the unfinished condition of the house.
    5. Wynne's partner got ill and was unable to work. Also a child in hospital in Limerick (they have 5 children).
    6. Court case was in 2016, family were evicted in 2017 !
    7. No one has moved into the house since.
    8. RRI has ceased operation.
    9. I don't think she had the money until she was elected a TD in 2020.
    10. The money is going to a local cancer charity now as RRI isn't in operation anymore, not because of Wynne failure to pay rent, but because of the planning laws and Fine Gael refusing to fund RRI.

Of course not everyone who is evicted is a thief.

However, anyone who is evicted for not paying rent, has robbed money from a landlord, so in those cases, the label fits.

She is a thief.

So she isn't, except in your opinion. Cool.

If she took a confidential document and gave it to a pal, sure.

You surpass yourself again. Tell us when this island was reunited.

I told you elsewhere I can't predict the future. I've hopes soon enough.

Say what?

Edit: You did well to find a way to squeeze a reference to Leo into your post on a Sinn Fein thread again

There is a pattern of people being disciplined then allowed to move on with their careers.
    FG - confess to wrongdoing - nothing to see here, carry on.

Did the court evict her for not paying her rent? Yes

Did she ever pay back the charity she owed rent to? No

Does that make her a thief? Yes

Sure, she tried to make some restitution by paying money to another charity, but she still robbed the first one.

Yep, Fine Gael has no problem evicting families from housing that no one else wants. Violet Wynne has 5 children. Hope you are proud of that.

Right, you'd have to be a millionaire to pay 63 euro in rent to a charity that housed you.

That is not the point and you dam well know it, Reilly, as well as being an "anti vaxxer" has appeared in Stubbs Gazette for defaulting on a debt, a debt he said he was unable to pay at the time.

Everyone has a backstory to their financial woes, I know next to nothing about your woman, but Reilly's case was well reported, I guess it's another one of those "stones in glass houses" things fg love getting caught up in.

There is a pattern of people being disciplined then allowed to move on with their careers.
    FG - confess to wrongdoing - nothing to see here, carry on.

There's also a pattern where the FG lobby turn the discussion in on the poster when they don't like the criticism. Dishonest way to dodge the points.

• Advertisement

Did the court evict her for not paying her rent? Yes

The court evicted herself, her husband and five children from a house that no else want to live in.

Did she ever pay back the charity she owed rent to? No
    The reason why is that charity doesn't exist anymore. It was shut down by your good pal Pascal when he cut funding to it.

Does that make her a thief? Yes

If that is the case, there are an awful lot of thieves due to rent/mortgage arrears in this country. Typical elitist Fine Gael attitude. No wonder Fine Gael are losing support to Sinn Fein.

Sure, she tried to make some restitution by paying money to another charity, but she still robbed the first one.

And .... ?

You all for evicting families from properties that no one else wants then. You would have fitted in well in Trevelyn's regime back during the famine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement