Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

McMurphy wrote: »
    That is not the point and you dam well know it, Reilly, as well as being an "anti vaxxer" has appeared in Stubbs Gazette for defaulting on a debt, a debt he said he was unable to pay at the time.

Everyone has a backstory to their financial woes, I know next to nothing about your woman, but Reilly's case was well reported, I guess it's another one of those "stones in glass houses" things fg love getting caught up in.

It's the point you made. Reilly has nothing to do with Wynne. And in response to questions on how she didn't manage to pay any rent for 4 years despite rent being 63 a week you said it's not like she's a millionaire :pac:

Reilly also isn't an anti vaxxer, he vaccinated his eldest and when they had an adverse reaction he was slow to vaccinate the rest but did citing the risks of not doing so. Shinners have already been found out lying about that, don't start lying about it again.

As for the rest of your nonsense I'm not Reilly nor am I FG. There's no glass house here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    It's the point you made. Reilly has nothing to do with Wynne. And in response to questions on how she didn't manage to pay any rent for 4 years despite rent being 63 a week you said it's not like she's a millionaire :pac:

There's a very comparable case imo* (an opinion is passed as fact in here these days)
    Reilly also isn't an anti vaxxer, he vaccinated his eldest and when they had an adverse reaction he was slow to vaccinate the rest but did citing the risks of not doing so. Shinners have already been found out lying about that, don't start lying about it again.
    Keep up - Reilly was sceptical about vaccinations in the past because a family member had a bad reaction to one (that was presumably passed here as safe), but apparently Reilly was bang on to be sceptical, but anyone else worrying about a vaccination having a nasty affect on them or a family member is a headbanger. FG logic.
    As for the rest of your nonsense I'm not Reilly nor am I FG. There's no glass house here.
    I never said you were Reilly, nor give a shiny shyte whom you vote for, but I will add that your demeanor is very FG, and that's grand by the way.

There's a very comparable case imo* (an opinion is passed as fact in here these days)

Keep up - Reilly was sceptical about vaccinations in the past because a family member had a bad reaction to one (that was presumably passed here as safe), but apparently Reilly was bang on to be sceptical, but anyone else worrying about a vaccination having a nasty affect on them or a family member is a headbanger. FG logic.

I never said you were Reilly, nor give a shiny shyte whom you vote for, but I will add that your demeanor is very FG, and that's grand by the way.

Why do you keep talking about FG, FG logic, FG demeanour, things FG love getting caught up in, people in glass houses etc etc?

What has any of that got to do with me being critical of a woman who refused to pay rent on her charity house until she was forced into doing it?

It's got nothing to do with it. It's all bog standard Shinner whataboutery. No matter what the topic just keep rambling about FG.

Why do you keep talking about FG, FG logic, FG demeanour, things FG love getting caught up in, people in glass houses etc etc?

What has any of that got to do with me being critical of a woman who refused to pay rent on her charity house until she was forced into doing it?

It's got nothing to do with it. It's all bog standard Shinner whataboutery. No matter what the topic just keep rambling about FG.

This bit was comparable with James Reilly, he is of FG stock, FG are in Govt, basic enough stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This bit was comparable with James Reilly, he is of FG stock, FG are in Govt, basic enough stuff.

There was also a post from Sarah Carey posted here in regard to the FG spin of SF running the whole covid measures up north. This led to a chap talking about Wynne and O'Snodaigh for some completely unrelated reason and off we went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,946 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Some immune systems do not cope well with vaccines, and there is usually a genetic component to that issue. Therefore, there are medical reasons why Reilly would be careful with later vaccines. That is nothing compared to the type of anti-vaxxers that inhabit Sinn Fein.

I have ensured that all of my children got vaccines and me myself. However, if one of us had leukemia or some such disease, for medical reasons they would not have been vaccinated.

So, if you do not understand the difference between medical advice on vaccinations compared to anti-vaxxer nutters, then you need to consider it.

Bowie wrote: »
    There was also a post from Sarah Carey posted here in regard to the FG spin of SF running the whole covid measures up north. This led to a chap talking about Wynne and O'Snodaigh for some completely unrelated reason and off we went.

So Wynne and O'Snodaigh are off-topic in the Sinn Fein thread, but we can talk about some nonentity claimed to be a member of FG.

That is funny.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Some immune systems do not cope well with vaccines, and there is usually a genetic component to that issue. Therefore, there are medical reasons why Reilly would be careful with later vaccines. That is nothing compared to the type of anti-vaxxers that inhabit Sinn Fein.

I have ensured that all of my children got vaccines and me myself. However, if one of us had leukemia or some such disease, for medical reasons they would not have been vaccinated.

So, if you do not understand the difference between medical advice on vaccinations compared to anti-vaxxer nutters, then you need to consider it.

Reilly fits the criteria put forward as anti-vaxxer on here. I wouldn't call anyone having reservations, fear or questions an anti-vaxxer, but some folk like yourself set that bar. Or are you claiming that measles and the vaccine were brand new?
    What about the anti-vaxxers that inhabit FF/FG? Are they merely raising concern or having reservations, but not anti-vaxxers? :rolleyes:

So Wynne and O'Snodaigh are off-topic in the Sinn Fein thread, but we can talk about some nonentity claimed to be a member of FG.

That is funny.

In a discussion on Sarah Carey and her lie that SF control the covid response up north, they are are unrelated, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Irony.....

Complains about people not reading things properly.

Then completely misreads who the poster is he's quoting. :pac:

Do you really need me to explain that I was replying to the post I quoted (the one by JM) and in that reply there was a nod to an earlier exchange with another poster (Bowie). If you had read the thread, even just the last few pages, you might have understood that and not made yourself look like a fool. Irony?

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I'm glad she paid what she owed. 4 years too late. It was still theft. I believe it's quite common for criminals to make reparations to their victims after they get caught.
    Sorry Bowie, IMO it was still theft.

That's cula bula chief.
    I was correcting someone else before you chimed in to defend. That poster called her a thief like it was fact.
    Again, if she was she was, just clarifying, she was not in reality.

She paid money to a charity or something. There were no reparations as nobody was robbed.
    This was raised to deflect from Sarah Carey.
    Got the spotlight off Reilly making an arse of the SF anti-vaxxer claims ;)

Do you really need me to explain that I was replying to the post I quoted (the one by JM) and in that reply there was a nod to an earlier exchange with another poster (Bowie). If you had read the thread, even just the last few pages, you might have understood that and not made yourself look like a fool. Irony?

I read the thread, and I readb the flow of posts where one poster (Bowie) mistook another posters (cool kid) posts for that of yours.

It was as plain as the nose on the end of my face, but you managed to miss that.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That's cula bula chief.
    I was correcting someone else before you chimed in to defend. That poster called her a thief like it was fact.
    Again, if she was she was, just clarifying, she was not in reality.

She paid money to a charity or something. There were no reparations as nobody was robbed.
    This was raised to deflect from Sarah Carey.
    Got the spotlight off Reilly making an arse of the SF anti-vaxxer claims ;)

Apology accepted.

Apology accepted.

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Your logic is deeply flawed.

The occam’s Razor conclusion is the reason there are more articles criticising Sinn Fein is that there is more to criticise.

Bullsh!t. By definition, any government which is as much of a clusterf*ck as our current government merits more hit pieces than their opposition. They're actually making decisions which are directly affecting peoples' lives, the opposition far less so due to the current whip system. It comes across as extremely biased when there is article after article about relatively minor Sinn Fein issues such as social media crap, and comparatively less about the utter chaos currently at the heart of the actual government.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

All the name calling, attempts to stop the rise is support has actually improved peoples outlook on SF as anyone with a bit of sense will have seen 6 months of attacls by FFG to SF, with Leo even telling everyone SF dont want you if you are white or a male

Even FG's own backbenchers sounded the alarm over how the relentless attacks on SF were causing the public to dig their heels in. When the party's own rank and file has rejected a tactic as disastrous and self-defeating, you'd think their supporters on a discussion forum would stop defending it :D

Even FG's own backbenchers sounded the alarm over how the relentless attacks on SF were causing the public to dig their heels in. When the party's own rank and file has rejected a tactic as disastrous and self-defeating, you'd think their supporters on a discussion forum would stop defending it :D

Its all they have.

Reilly fits the criteria put forward as anti-vaxxer on here. I wouldn't call anyone having reservations, fear or questions an anti-vaxxer, but some folk like yourself set that bar. Or are you claiming that measles and the vaccine were brand new?
    What about the anti-vaxxers that inhabit FF/FG? Are they merely raising concern or having reservations, but not anti-vaxxers? :rolleyes:

I don’t think you understood my post.

There are genuine medical reasons for a particular individual to have concerns about a specific vaccine.

There is no reason for general scaremongering about vacccines.

Reilly appears to have engaged in the former, numerous Sinn Fein representatives in the latter.

If you don’t understand the difference, fine.

Bullsh!t. By definition, any government which is as much of a clusterf*ck as our current government merits more hit pieces than their opposition. They're actually making decisions which are directly affecting peoples' lives, the opposition far less so due to the current whip system. It comes across as extremely biased when there is article after article about relatively minor Sinn Fein issues such as social media crap, and comparatively less about the utter chaos currently at the heart of the actual government.

A government that has a country in the top 10 of every possible metric?

Again Occam’s Razor is against you on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I am fascinated by the gap and disconnect between SF supporters and their politicians.

None of the shinners I know are in to the liberal stuff particularly when it comes to immigration. They are worlds apart from what you hear in the Dail.

All that holds it together is "United Ireland" but scratch the surface and the base will fall a part.

I see big splits on issues coming sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,499 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Someone has to warn the public, a chara.

Look at Derren, if you can’t get in via election come in from underneath.

We are not all tubes. Plenty more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Someone has to warn the public, a chara.

Look at Derren, if you can’t get in via election come in from underneath.

We are not all tubes. Plenty more to come.

A bit like how Leo got to be Taoiseach? And then the electorate turfed him out when they got their say...all but 21% of them that is.
    He's hanging in there to bring FG back to the low 20's though, fair play to him.

A bit like how Leo got to be Taoiseach? And then the electorate turfed him out when they got their...all but 21% of them that is.
    He's hanging in there to bring FG back to the low 20's though, fair play to him.

Brenner didn't think that brainfart through too well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

A government that has a country in the top 10 of every possible metric?

Again Occam’s Razor is against you on this one.

Their obsession with Leo in their thread is box office entertainment :D:D
    Happy Christmas.

Brenner didn't think that brainfart through too well :D

The brainfart here is yourself and Francie thinking an elected TD is the same as an unelected councillor. People don't vote for party leaders, parties do. :D Then again shinners don't seem to understand elections too well.

SF won the election :pac:

The brainfart here is yourself and Francie thinking an elected TD is the same as an unelected councillor. People don't vote for party leaders, parties do. :D Then again shinners don't seem to understand elections too well.

The 'electorate' said 'No thanks' to de Party Kaftwerk. Tough reality that for you all.

**Whoosh**

It is better to remain silent..... Than to open your gob and remain all doubt.

You need to reread Francies post, especially the Taoiseach bit, and the electorate throwing them out, then when you've done that, go back and read it again, maybe s further time for the craic, and when you have that done, come back here and add another emoji to your post.

mattser wrote: »
    Their obsession with Leo in their thread is box office entertainment :D:D
    Happy Christmas.

'Obsessions' you say mattser? Look what's happening on the FG/FF/Green thread.

And not a word outta you? :) New specs for the Christmas maybe?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115694470&postcount=4350

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115696468&postcount=4361

**Whoosh**

It is better to remain silent..... Than to open your gob and remain all doubt.

You need to reread Francies post, especially the Taoiseach bit, and the electorate throwing them out, then when you've done that, go back and read it again, maybe s further time for the craic, and when you have that done, come back here and add another emoji to your post.

I've read it. The usual Shinner gob****e stuff.

In response to a comment on an unelected councillor sneaking in the back door he said its like how an elected TD was then voted leader of the party. And now we'll have 3 pages of shinners trying to justify their idiotic comments.

Hilarious how ignorant shinners are elections :pac:

• Advertisement

I've read it. The usual Shinner gob****e stuff.

In response to a comment on an unelected councillor sneaking in the back door he said its like how an elected TD was then voted leader of the party. And now we'll have 3 pages of shinners trying to justify their idiotic comments.

Hilarious how ignorant shinners are elections :pac:

No, it's obviously still going over your head, despite Coveney receiving more than twice the votes than Leo - the party leaders still chose Varadkar, who then went on to lead FG to their second worse election results in the party's history.

Get it now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement