Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Why would you want anyone to apologise for attending a funeral? Bizarre.

Actually turns out it wasn't a funeral at all. Kind of yellow pack Nuremburg rallyi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Truthvader wrote: »
    Actually turns out it wasn't a funeral at all. Kind of yellow pack Nuremburg rallyi

The fat sociopath was been whisked across the city to be cremated while Gerry and the gang stood around as an empty coffin was lowered into the ground.

SF's views and perspectives on public health, Covid, and restrictions are totally null and void as a result.

Shower of chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,874 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not this cringe again.
    It was a funeral and oration at the graveside, the way former members of the IRA have been buried for decades. It so happened Storey wanted to be cremated.

FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

jh79 wrote: »
    Defunct term ever since the IRA's surrender and SF's acceptance of British sovereignty in NI.

there was no IRA surrender.
    agreeing to an agreement which had reasonable terms and met 99% of the goals that were wanted anyway cannot be surrender, in fact if there was any surrender it was on behalf of the british government, surrendering to the fact that the sectarian state had to go and that it had to be the people of northern ireland who decided their future and not the british government.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    The bit in bold is the problem. Like Michelle, like other short-sighted nationalists, like the sectarian party of Sinn Fein, you only see events through the lens of a united Ireland. Everything should be on an all-island approach. If Trump was President in the South and deciding Covid policy, that would be ok, so long as Northern Ireland was following in his footsteps.

Ditto Arlene with her slavish adherence to the London line.

As a result of the two squabbling childish sectarian parties, we get numbers like today. Hopefully, the Northern Ireland electorate will wake up and realise that both Dublin and London are performing better when it comes to managing Covid-19 and ask the very straightforward question as to why their two sectarian parties can't agree on what is best for Northern Ireland, instead of just wanting what Dublin have or what London have.

A plague on both their houses (SF and DUP, that is). I don't lay the blame for the current mess in Northern Ireland at any one party's door, the two sectarian parties are to blame. Is it any wonder that most of us down here don't want any truck with either of them.

a slight majority of the people voted for sf in the last election, because the big scarey bogy man nonsense being thrown around them has been saw through.
    You label to dehumanise as usual, we could all sink to that level.

You support a sectarian party in the North = you are bigoted.

But hey, we won't go there.

We all know why and how it is that way, the child-like politicians can't do it themselves. But you know what I mean, the sooner the Northern Ireland electorate wake up and vote out the two sectarian parties, the better. It is tragic that it is Covid-19 that may bring that day closer, it should happen regardless.

sf aren't going to be voted out, because people know that they can deliver if they were allowed to actually govern, rather then having to share with a party who stifles the community they are supposed to be representing and who subscribe to second century beliefs and an ideal of unionism from 800 years ago.
    OK understood. And you are correct I do favour the continuation of partition. This is a legitimate position and not the insult you seem to think it is. I am aware that under the GFA that it may end and I will have to accept the end of partition if and when it happens. Given the primitive tribal and triumphalist be behaviour of the Sinn Fein mob when they managed a mere 25% of the vote in the South I expect the end of partition will be accompanied by a much worse display of atavistic nationalism and street thuggery in the North which will provoke a new campaign of murder and savagery on the part of the same criminal thug element on the Loyalist side who have "no choice"

Why dont you print out this post and file it away for a few years and if and when partition ends we can see did I call it right.

If you wanted to end partition in a functional way perhaps not murdering the community you expect to join a United Ireland might have been a more intelligent start.

So yeah I do favour partition

i will save him the bother, i will call it that your post will be wrong.
    there will be no murder campaign against the loyalist community, nobody wants that.
    the IRA had to protect their community from violence, hence them carrying out attacks against the terrorist element of unionism, it was nothing to do with individuals being unionist, but to do with a threat to life and safety.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

agreeing to an agreement which had reasonable terms and met 99% of the goals that were wanted anyway cannot be surrender, in fact if there was any surrender it was on behalf of the british government, surrendering to the fact that the sectarian state had to go and that it had to be the people of northern ireland who decided their future and not the british government.

a slight majority of the people voted for sf in the last election, because the big scarey bogy man nonsense being thrown around them has been saw through.

sf aren't going to be voted out, because people know that they can deliver if they were allowed to actually govern, rather then having to share with a party who stifles the community they are supposed to be representing and who subscribe to second century beliefs and an ideal of unionism from 800 years ago.

there will be no murder campaign against the loyalist community, nobody wants that.
    the IRA had to protect their community from violence, hence them carrying out attacks against the terrorist element of unionism, it was nothing to do with individuals being unionist, but to do with a threat to life and safety.

Tell all that ****e to the Kingsmill relatives.

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    Tell all that ****e to the Kingsmill relatives.

Not a peep out of you when Charlie shoots the messenger about serious allegations on the deaths of 33 Irish people in Dublin and Monaghan.

Spare us the fake outrage and concern Edge.

Would you read my post again. You cant call it now when you clearly have completely misunderstood my original post

Good job by the way protecting their community from unionist terrorism. Sure showed those kids shopping in Warrington or the old ladies at Enniskillen etc etc forever. Cowardly scum who protected no-one. When loyalist gangs attacked in the late 60's IRA???? I Ran Away. Cowards and criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Of course it rings false...you are opposed to them funeral or no funeral.

They didn't break any rules or directives by attending, therefore asking for them to apologise for that is wrong. Jesus, have you lost all sense of proportion here?

Well, actually they did break rules, the rules for funerals didn’t change until the evening after the funeral. The changes had been announced but they didn’t have force.

It will come out in the inquiry.

Would you read my post again. You cant call it now when you clearly have completely misunderstood my original post

Good job by the way protecting their community from unionist terrorism. Sure showed those kids shopping in Warrington or the old ladies at Enniskillen etc etc forever. Cowardly scum who protected no-one. When loyalist gangs attacked in the late 60's IRA???? I Ran Away. Cowards and criminals

The people of Derry under siege taunting the IRA because they were desperate for somebody to help them is the most savage indictment of the Irish government I have ever heard.

That is the origin of 'I Ran Away'. The Irish government allowed the vacuum into which the IRA stepped by not acting forcefully enough. Harold Wilson knew it would happen too and was powerless to stop it.

Know your history.

Not this cringe again.
    It was a funeral and oration at the graveside, the way former members of the IRA have been buried for decades. It so happened Storey wanted to be cremated.

FFS :rolleyes:

He wasn’t buried. It was a fake funeral, planned to give cover for a political rally.

• Advertisement

Not a peep out of you when Charlie shoots the messenger about serious allegations on the deaths of 33 Irish people in Dublin and Monaghan.

Spare us the fake outrage and concern Edge.

Deflect all you want but the Provo sectarian scum will always be remembered for Kingsmill

He wasn’t buried. It was a fake funeral, planned to give cover for a political rally.

Nonsense. Read his funeral notice in the papers.
    Multiple people are cremated after their 'funeral' mass including members of my family. A graveside oration at a former IRA members grave has been happening for decades.

Not a single person at that funeral has said they were conned.

Don't be so desperate.

Nonsense. Read his funeral notice in the papers.
    Multiple people are cremated after their 'funeral' mass including members of my family. A graveside oration at a former IRA members grave has been happening for decades.

Not a single person at that funeral has said they were conned.

Don't be so desperate.

Explain to me how a graveside oration without a burial fitted within the regulations around public gatherings. As you say, it wasn’t part of the funeral, just an IRA tradition. Where was the exemption for IRA traditions in the regulations?

Link would be best.

don't worry i have read it and understand it perfectly.
    the IRA absolutely did protect their communities, if it wasn't for them catholics and nationalists would have been ethnically cleansed from northern ireland.

no it was a funeral.

The people of Derry under siege taunting the IRA because they were desperate for somebody to help them is the most savage indictment of the Irish government I have ever heard.

That is the origin of 'I Ran Away'. The Irish government allowed the vacuum into which the IRA stepped by not acting forcefully enough. Harold Wilson knew it would happen too and was powerless to stop it.

Know your history.

Good man Francie. Consistant if nothing else. Should the Irish army have invaded the North. No choice I suppose. Turns out there was a choice. Thank God.

don't worry i have read it and understand it perfectly.
    the IRA absolutely did protect their communities, if it wasn't for them catholics and nationalists would have been ethnically cleansed from northern ireland.

no it was a funeral.

There was no burial at the cemetery, people were there under false pretences. Where was that allowed in the regulations?

Good man Francie. Consistant if nothing else. Should the Irish army have invaded the North. No choice I suppose. Turns out there was a choice. Thank God.

No need for invasion. Peacekeeping would have filled the vacuum.

Please don't tell me they would have been wiped out, anihilated etc etc. What if old Churchy had have thought that way. We'd all be speaking German etc etc.

People were under siege, in fear of their lives. People constitutionally we had a duty to and we abandoned them to their fate.

There was no burial at the cemetery, people were there under false pretences. Where was that allowed in the regulations?

Read his funeral notice. Their is no mention of a burial. Nobody was conned. You are faking being conned.

Ah the old wife beater got a great send off

there was a cremation, nobody was there under false pretences, a burial wasn't required.
    funerals were allowed to take place with limited numbers under the regulations and that is what happened.

• Advertisement

Read his funeral notice. Their is no mention of a burial. Nobody was conned. You are faking being conned.

Yeah, I got that. There was no burial, everybody knew that, yes, it was in the funeral notice.

That still doesn’t answer the question as to what part of the regulations allowed a gathering in a cemetery for an event other than a burial.

Yeah, I got that. There was no burial, everybody knew that, yes, it was in the funeral notice.

That still doesn’t answer the question as to what part of the regulations allowed a gathering in a cemetery for an event other than a burial.

That was the mistake I criticised them for. The same as the dinner after the round of golf. They made a mistake...many have since the pandemic started.

No need for invasion. Peacekeeping would have filled the vacuum.

Please don't tell me they would have been wiped out, anihilated etc etc. What if old Churchy had have thought that way. We'd all be speaking German etc etc.

People were under siege, in fear of their lives. People constitutionally we had a duty to and we abandoned them to their fate.

So we were to invade but call ourselves "peacekeepers". Super. Kind of analysis and intelligence I expect from Sinn Fein. Maybe thats the plan if they get in. Mary Lou and Angus OSnodaigh on the Shankill with the army behind them "we come in peace" Can hardly wait

So we were to invade but call ourselves "peacekeepers". Super. Kind of analysis and intelligence I expect from Sinn Fein. Maybe thats the plan if they get in. Mary Lou and Angus OSnodaigh on the Shankill with the army behind them "we come in peace" Can hardly wait

The Irish government knew full well that they did not have the military capability for a full scale invasion but the thinking was that a partial invasion of South Armagh, Derry, Tyrone and Fermanagh would lead to a demandfor a U.N. peacekeeping force to be sent in.
    However that action could have led to a big step up in the pogroms against Catholics in Belfast.

Why have an army and a constitution if you abandon your people. The IRA ran away for a while but the Irish state ran away completely.

If you read the actual history I think Harold Wilson wanted the Irish army to go into Derry. If the British had stepped back the Unionists would have too, Remember, there was a vacumn there too.

A peacekeeping act may have worked. We decided not to intervene and created a vacuum into which somebody was always going to step, lives were at atake. John Hume would have welcomed Irish troops with open arms.
    We 'sat idly by' to our everlasting shame.

Why have an army and a constitution if you abandon your people. The IRA ran away for a while but the Irish state ran away completely.

If you read the actual history I think Harold Wilson wanted the Irish army to go into Derry. If the British had stepped back the Unionists would have too, Remember, there was a vacumn there too.

A peacekeeping act may have worked. We decided not to intervene and created a vacuum into which somebody was always going to step, lives were at atake. John Hume would have welcomed Irish troops with open arms.
    We 'sat idly by' to our everlasting shame.

If only you were there things would have been so different.

Edgware wrote: »
    If only you were there things would have been so different.

My dad was at Burntollet and had the gash of the baton he got hit with until his dying day.
    I would have been at Burntollet too had I been old enough.

That was the mistake I criticised them for. The same as the dinner after the round of golf. They made a mistake...many have since the pandemic started.

Yes, and some resigned for their mistakes, and some brazened it out.

We now know that the attendees at Golfgate broke no law, we also know that the regulations in the North did not permit gatherings at a cemetery other than for a burial. So explain to me again why Michelle and Mary-Lou should not have to resign.

Yes, and some resigned for their mistakes, and some brazened it out.

We now know that the attendees at Golfgate broke no law, we also know that the regulations in the North did not permit gatherings at a cemetery other than for a burial. So explain to me again why Michelle and Mary-Lou should not have to resign.

I only thought the FG member who lied repeatedly should have resigned.

Check my posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

they could have not just gone along with the British line which was pretending that it is just a law and order issue and that it is in fact a civil war. You then make representations to the UN explaining that it is a civil war who would then be required to put pressure on the British Government to actually put trained peacekeepers in there who knew how to police this kind of conflict. The Civil Rights Movement / Bloody Sunday events caught the attention of the world and in particular the US. John Hume used that platform which should have been what the Irish Government should have been doing. JFK had been to Ireland in the early 60s so it wasn't as if there were no connections to be cultivated there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement