Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Fixed that for you:
    You are still running away from I am not interested in the debate on the costs of unification with you or any other partitionists.

Haven’t peaked in at the thread in 5 months. Good to see you are still only interested in debating the easy, populist stuff.
    Alarmed that you are still spending so much time on one thread of an Internet forum.

New Year, new you.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Haven’t peaked in at the thread in 5 months. Good to see you are still only interested in debating the easy, populist stuff.
    Alarmed that you are still spending so much time on one thread of an Internet forum.

New Year, new you.

5 months and you pop in to have a personal pop at one poster. Good stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

statesaver wrote: »
    Fear and division ? Hahahahahaha

Best one I seen was...'The US are organising coups at home due to travel restrictions'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Fixed that for you:
    You are still running away from I am not interested in the debate on the costs of unification with you or any other partitionists.

Not feeling too confident with the "it's not a tax it's a unification contribution" approach?

• Advertisement

One suggestion i have is that maybe it's time for so called "Good Republicans" to stop lining their own pockets and allow the state to collect as much excise duty as possible? We'll need every penny for a UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

jh79 wrote: »
    One suggestion i have is that maybe it's time for so called "Good Republicans" to stop lining their own pockets and allow the state to collect as much excise duty as possible? We'll need every penny for a UI.

Jay, a chara, the last thing the ‘Good Republicans’ want to see going is the ‘Boaadher’ .

Isn’t it only the best money spinner going.... them huge houses didn’t build themselves y’know hi.

Now take that tongue back out of your cheek....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

statesaver wrote: »

O'Neill is some dope but thats what you get when leadership figures are nothing more than puppets

I live here and there is more than good republicans doing that. I know it's a handy crutch for some to keep parroting it.

Maybe if the gardai, CAB and police did their jobs this would cease. I hope somebody starts to ask questions as to why this is allowed to happen.

I live here and there is more than good republicans doing that. I know it's a handy crutch for some to keep parroting it.

Maybe if the gardai, CAB and police did their jobs this would cease. I hope somebody starts to ask questions as to why this is allowed to happen.

Maybe SF shouldn't undermine the work of the Gardai by calling the likes of Slab a "Good Republican" and questioning the integrity of the justice system.

Do you think Slab is a good Republican?

• Advertisement

Maybe SF shouldn't undermine the work of the Gardai by calling the likes of Slab a "Good Republican" and questioning the integrity of the justice system.

How does it undermine the 'work of gardai'? :)

I don't know the man, I believe he was very involved in the struggle in his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Plenty of cops thought him good enough to provide him with info......

I don't know the man, I believe he was very involved in the struggle in his day.

You're right , not the gardai but the justice system.

So was his tax evasion "for the cause" or just to line his own pockets?

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Plenty of cops thought him good enough to provide him with info......

ANd turn a blind eye to what was happening along the border.

We are in a test area here (or were, may be everywhere now) and if I burned rubbish in my back garden you would be caught by satellite info and prosecuted, I know many townspeople and farmer who have been fined for it. Yet this very obvious activity by all sides of the divide has been allowed to happen for years. I have never seen or been aware of a concerted effort to stop it.

You're right , not the gardai but the justice system.

So was his tax evasion "for the cause" or just to line his own pockets?

Wasn't he criticised for that by Adams?

Didn't somebody ask was he a member of SF and he isn't?

Not sure what your point is after that.

Former member of all parties have done illegal stuff, tax evasion wouldn't be a unique crime in this country would it?

ANd turn a blind eye to what was happening along the border.

We are in a test area here (or were, may be everywhere now) and if I burned rubbish in my back garden you would be caught by satellite info and prosecuted, I know many townspeople and farmer who have been fined for it. Yet this very obvious activity by all sides of the divide has been allowed to happen for years. I have never seen or been aware of a concerted effort to stop it.

You don't think that is a political decision to maintain peace? Republicans love sterling no way they are gonna give that up.

Wasn't he criticised for that by Adams?

Didn't somebody ask was he a member of SF and he isn't?

Not sure what your point is after that.

Former member of all parties have done illegal stuff, tax evasion wouldn't be a unique crime in this country would it?

If he wasn't a member of SF how did he come to the attention of Gerry to get that title and what exactly did he do?

You don't think that is a political decision to maintain peace? Republicans love sterling no way they are gonna give that up.

It isn't just republicans. You saw that with the tragic people smuggling case.
    It is criminal activity and has nothing to do with 'peace'.

If he wasn't a member of SF how did he come to the attention of Gerry to get that title and what exactly did he do?

I'm not a spokesman for Gerry...maybe call him to the 'stand'. :)

It isn't just republicans. You saw that with the tragic people smuggling case.
    It is criminal activity and has nothing to do with 'peace'.

I know but Slab and One Shot are held in high regard by SF who are likely to be in government soon. One Shot even attends SF xmas parties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sinn Fein don't own republicanism, I thought that was a universally recognised fact.

If Gerry referred to him as a good country singer, would they own country and western music too:confused:

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sinn Fein don't own republicanism, I thought that was a universally recognised fact.

If Gerry referred to him as a good country singer, would they own country and western music too:confused:

Gerry is a TD and he praised a convicted criminal for being a "Good Republican" even though he was never in SF and nobody knows what exactly he did for "the cause".

Are SF comprised by their links to Republican criminality?

I know but Slab and One Shot are held in high regard by SF who are likely to be in government soon. One Shot even attends SF xmas parties!

Yes. And Adams too is mindful of the peace. Obviously Murphy has influence in the area, just as a FGer will only go so far in criticising the likes of Lowry, I am sure Adams was also being diplomatic and mindful.

I have said before the road he and McGuinness trod was dangerous and brave. As a border dweller I admire what they did. I wouldn't have what I have now had they not travelled that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Gerry is a TD and he praised a convicted criminal for being a "Good Republican" even though he was never in SF and nobody knows what exactly he did for "the cause".

Are SF comprised by their links to Republican criminality?

I've already explained it to you, Gerry Adams describing someone as a good republican, does not a Sinn Fein member make.

I'm republican minded, I'm not a member of Sinn Fein either. You need to stop with the conspiracy theories j, they're not good for mindfulness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

“ Very involved in the struggle”

Lovely little euphemism, Francie, lovely.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I've already explained it to you, Gerry Adams describing someone as a good republican, does not a Sinn Fein member make.

I'm republican minded, I'm not a member of Sinn Fein either. You need to stop with the conspiracy theories j, they're not good for mindfulness.

Maybe if Gerry clarified what makes Slab a "Good Republican" there wouldn't be any need to speculate.

Yes. And Adams too is mindful of the peace. Obviously Murphy has influence in the area, just as a FGer will only go so far in criticising the likes of Lowry, I am sure Adams was also being diplomatic and mindful.

I have said before the road he and McGuinness trod was dangerous and brave. As a border dweller I admire what they did. I wouldn't have what I have now had they not travelled that road.

So justice and law and order is secondary to keeping former comrades happy even if that means ignoring criminality?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Maybe if Gerry clarified what makes Slab a "Good Republican" there wouldn't be any need to speculate.

I'd imagine because the South Armagh command struck the fear of god in the Brits and their establishment no matter what resources they threw at the area.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    I'd imagine because the South Armagh command struck the fear of god in the Brits and their establishment no matter what resources they threw at the area.

Careful now you are meant to say Slab is just a simple farmer who got a bit mixed up on his tax returns!

The Belfast branch too. Isn't Gerry alleged to have touted on them to pave the way for peace?

• Advertisement

So justice and law and order is secondary to keeping former comrades happy even if that means ignoring criminality?

Gerry is not a judge or the police. Adams and McGuinness had whole communities to keep on board as well as an organisation with disparate views.

I can see why he would say what he did. It's not as if it interfered in the justice process, he was careful to criticise Murphy for the crime he was convicted of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement