Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Fann Linn wrote: »
    FG in no position to talk about housing. Even they agree they lost the last election over their housing policy.

People are voting for Sinn Fein thinking they have the magic solution and will do things differently, only we find Eoin objecting.

It really begs the question of how is SF going to be any different. It just adds to a long list of them showing their true colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    So why do you give SF a pass when they do it yet, constantly remind us all when Leo does it?

Hypocrite much?

It would be hypocritical if EOB just wanted to prevent a building going up, because - reasons. This isn't what's happened according to this story though.

What is it with you lads and not reading past the nice shiny headline?

Did you actually read it? Or did they not cover this story in the Sydney Morning Herald mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

People are voting for Sinn Fein thinking they have the magic solution and will do things differently, only we find Eoin objecting.

It really begs the question of how is SF going to be any different. It just adds to a long list of them showing their true colours.

Get the feeling FG want all planning regulations scrapped, build what you want anywhere with no consideration for the impact,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,940 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    It would be hypocritical if EOB just wanted to prevent a building going up, because - reasons. This isn't what's happened according to this story though.

What is it with you lads and not reading past the nice shiny headline?

Did you actually read it? Or did they not cover this story in the Sydney Morning Herald mark?

That is exactly what it was!!!!! EOB objecting because made-up reasons, the same as any other objector.

However, he gets a pass from you, while Leo doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Get the feeling FG want all planning regulations scrapped, build what you want anywhere with no consideration for the impact,

The most important impact is on homelessness surely ? Give us your examples of impact ? Surely pales in comparison ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is exactly what it was!!!!! EOB objecting because made-up reasons, the same as any other objector.

However, he gets a pass from you, while Leo doesn't.

Sinn Féin voted in favour of the 19 house scheme the rest of the council put forward after trying to stymy it initially to build less houses. Utterly bizarre behaviour.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-leader-criticised-for-her-admiration-of-disgraced-hollywood-duo-and-rebuke-of-cancel-culture-39970572.html

Getting back on topic, I see the mask has slipped again.

Absolutely astonishing this

https://extra.ie/2021/01/14/must-see/mary-lou-mcdonald-cancel-culture

"Woody Allen has been the centre of much controversy since the 1990s – facing abuse allegations by his adoptive stepdaughter Dylan Farrow and marrying the young Korean-born adopted daughter of his ex-partner Mia Farrow."

And he is Mary-Lou's favourite director, she believes he has been harshly treated and "cancel culture" goes too far. If it was Micheal Martin saying that, there would be a whole thread devoted to it.

I suppose nobody is really surprised by this. A party that treated Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahon the way they did, and welcomed Liam Adams into their midst has form with this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-leader-criticised-for-her-admiration-of-disgraced-hollywood-duo-and-rebuke-of-cancel-culture-39970572.html

"Woody Allen has been the centre of much controversy since the 1990s – facing abuse allegations by his adoptive stepdaughter Dylan Farrow and marrying the young Korean-born adopted daughter of his ex-partner Mia Farrow."

And he is Mary-Lou's favourite director, she believes he has been harshly treated and "cancel culture" goes too far. If it was Micheal Martin saying that, there would be a whole thread devoted to it.

I suppose nobody is really surprised by this. A party that treated Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahon the way they did, and welcomed Liam Adams into their midst has form with this sort of stuff.

Jesus, You're really digging it up now Blanch. I read Huckleberry Finn over the Christmas, by your benchmark I suppose I'm a racist now.

Jesus, You're really digging it up now Blanch. I read Huckleberry Finn over the Christmas, by you're benchmark I suppose I'm a racist now.

You full Grand Wizard of the Klan,

I know. Pushed the boat out on that one. Better not declare I watched House of Cards once. Blueshirts might get upset.

• Advertisement

I'm not really into cancel culture myself but I can just imagine how outraged everyone would be if Micheál Martin said that.

If Leo said it the Shinnerbots/permanently outraged would be foaming at the mouths.

The bottom of the barrel has finally been reached blanch, well done.

Gemma territory now.

5311b45db9177059bab9ae8a32aa063c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,922 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm not really into cancel culture myself but I can just imagine how outraged everyone would be if Micheál Martin said that.

If Leo said it the Shinnerbots/permanently outraged would be foaming at the mouths.

Surely what you meant to say was:

'I'm not really into cancel culture myself but I'll go with this bit of outrage because it's a shinner'.

I don't really care what actors or directors Leo or Micheál favour tbh..nor Mary Lou if truth be known.

'I'm not really into cancel culture myself but I'll go with this bit of outrage because it's a shinner'.

I don't really care what actors or directors Leo or Micheál favour tbh..nor Mary Lou if truth be known.

Would be thinking Mehole would big a big fan of Carry on films and Benny Hill, Get the full Sid James vibe off him.
    Varadkar would just be watching all his own telly appearances on a loop,

Would be thinking Mehole would big a big fan of Carry on films and Benny Hill, Get the full Sid James vibe off him.
    Varadkar would just be watching all his own telly appearances on a loop,

Didn't Leo say he was a fan of 'Love Actually' with Hugh Grant. Made a big deal of it on a visit to No. 10 if I remember correctly.

Don't tell blanch what Hugh Grant had to abjectly apologise for and would have been cancelled for, by the faux woke brigade had it happened a few years later. :)

Didn't Leo say he was a fan of 'Love Actually' with Hugh Grant. Made a big deal of it on a visit to No. 10 if I remember correctly.

Don't tell blanch what Hugh Grant had to abjectly apologise for and would have been cancelled for, by the faux woke brigade had it happened a few years later. :)

"Devine" inspiration

Jesus, You're really digging it up now Blanch. I read Huckleberry Finn over the Christmas, by your benchmark I suppose I'm a racist now.
    I know. Pushed the boat out on that one. Better not declare I watched House of Cards once. Blueshirts might get upset.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    The bottom of the barrel has finally been reached blanch, well done.

Gemma territory now.

Actually, Mc, it is Ivana Bacik who is correctly raising this issue.

I think the tenor of the responses to my post justify her intervention. There really is no understanding among those who defend Sinn Fein of the true reality of things like this. Mary-Lou wasn't just saying that she liked Woody Allen's movies, she was saying that he had been harshly treated.

What's next? Harvey Weinstein as keynote speaker at the next Ard Fheis? A Liam Adams statue?

There is something off about the whole party's attitude on issues like this.

#notanormalparty

I think the tenor of the responses to my post justify her intervention. There really is no understanding among those who defend Sinn Fein of the true reality of things like this. Mary-Lou wasn't just saying that she liked Woody Allen's movies, she was saying that he had been harshly treated.

What's next? Harvey Weinstein as keynote speaker at the next Ard Fheis? A Liam Adams statue?

There is something off about the whole party's attitude on issues like this.

#notanormalparty

Zero surprise here that somebody for whom an allegation is enough, if it is against his boogeymen and women is weighing in behind the discredited #MeToo faux woke, cancel culture

Zero surprise here that somebody for whom an allegation is enough, if it is against his boogeymen and women is weighing in behind the discredited #MeToo faux woke, cancel culture

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-farrow-woody-allen-me-too-20171207-story.html

Let's add Dylan Farrow to the long list of victims of sexual abuse that you and Sinn Fein don't believe.

All part of a pattern.

You lads are gas. You're allowed disagree with Mary Lou, Pearse and Michelle you know.

All you have to say is Woody Allen wouldn't be my cup of tea.

• Advertisement

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-farrow-woody-allen-me-too-20171207-story.html

Let's add Dylan Farrow to the long list of victims of sexual abuse that you and Sinn Fein don't believe.

All part of a pattern.

Like most educated people I can separate art from the person who created it.

People like you, prone to mob behaviour, would have burned some of the great works of art of the world, had you been given your way.

Stand back blanch, don't always be rushing to the gallows. The dangers of believing allegations just because you don't like the people they are being made against are clear and obvious. It's why we have courts of law.

Like most educated people I can separate art from the person who created it.

People like you, prone to mob behaviour, would have burned some of the great works of art of the world, had you been given your way.

Stand back blanch, don't always be rushing to the gallows. The dangers of believing allegations just because you don't like the people they are being made against are clear and obvious. It's why we have courts of law.

Yes, of course, the courts, the ones that never convicted Jimmy Saville of anything. You must put yourself forward to defend him too.

Yes, of course, the courts, the ones that never convicted Jimmy Saville of anything. You must put yourself forward to defend him too.

I wouldn't defend him, because I simply wouldn't know if the allegations were true or not, but if he was alive, he'd be entitled to his good name until it was proved otherwise, just as everyone else is.

You wish to rescind that tenet of democracy for a selective few. I wouldn't be very proud of that TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is this you being ironic after giving out yards about RBB 'using' victims of mother and babies homes to score points? Is Ms. Cahill getting royalties off you at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Did she though. All Bacik said was that she was ''surprised'' and it seemed to be more about that she was surprised that ''McDonnell questioned 'cancel culture' in a way that would mean that Kevin Spacey, whatever about him, is still a very good actor and Woody Allen's has made some fantastic movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So the law of the land is not fit for purpose now, if it can be used to attack a shinner? You've gone full circle on the whole hypocrite thing. You now have zero credibility on all subjects; using victims, criticising people for using victims, citing never convicted or charged to defend cronyism, criticising the law for not convicting...jaysus Blanch.

No point in trying any further to get you to comment on the mother and baby homes outside of criticising republicans and families.

You lads are gas. You're allowed disagree with Mary Lou, Pearse and Michelle you know.

He made great movies. Wagner made great music. Should that be forgotten because of their behaviour or views?

Bowie wrote: »
    So the law of the land is not fit for purpose now, if it can be used to attack a shinner? You've gone full circle on the whole hypocrite thing. You now have zero credibility on all subjects; using victims, criticising people for using victims, citing never convicted or charged to defend cronyism, criticising the law for not convicting...jaysus Blanch.

No point in trying any further to get you to comment on the mother and baby homes outside of criticising republicans and families.

Epic post Bowie, completely nailed it.

QFT.

I don't, as it happens, disagree with her. Annie Hall and Hannah And Her Sisters are two of my favourite films.

Just like I can separate Caravaggio, the man, from The Taking Of Christ artwork, so also can I do it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I don't, as it happens, disagree with her. Annie Hall and Hannah And Her Sisters are two of my favourite films.

Just like I can separate Caravaggio, the man, from The Taking Of Christ artwork, so also can I do it here.

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement