Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,940 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Is this you being ironic after giving out yards about RBB 'using' victims of mother and babies homes to score points? Is Ms. Cahill getting royalties off you at this stage?

Not surprised that this post got thanked by the usual cohort of angry white male republicans.

Sinn Fein have no regard for women at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Devasting poll coming out for Mary Lou tonight. This could be the end of her.

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1350609096567881728?s=19

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not surprised that this post got thanked by the usual cohort of angry white male republicans.

Sinn Fein have no regard for women at all.

You have lost the ****ing plot since AH destroyed the politics forum :pac:

Sad and pathetic to see

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You have lost the ****ing plot since AH destroyed the politics forum :pac:

Sad and pathetic to see

Untrue.......improved it no end.

Genuine people can now contribute and it’s not dominated by the same three or four tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

[QUOTE=Bubbaclaus;115945700]Devasting poll coming out for Mary Lou tonight. This could be the end of her.

;)[/QUOTE]
    dreadful poll:D

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1350609221168066561

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Devasting poll coming out for Mary Lou tonight. This could be the end of her.

;)

I'm sure they've her P45 in an envelope and everything for her bubbser

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1350724846502752261?s=19

https://twitter.com/garvangrant/status/1350746648155189249?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

There is a stand up comedian with a bit about Woody Allen that basically goes like this ;

" You have to wonder if there was a day where he got up and went down to breakfast, looked at his daughter and said :
    One day I'm going to marry that girl."

The man groomed and married his adopted daughter and ever since I found out I have avoided his work.

To quote Tarrentino

" Hey, a sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. But I'll never know 'cause I Wouldn't eat the filthy motherfcukers."

I'm interested to see how this plays out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

Imagine Sinn Fein in power and implementing a load of policies which only benefit people who don't actually work or contribute.

Imagine Sinn Fein in power and implementing a load of policies which only benefit people who don't actually work or contribute.

Is that what they have done up north?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Is that what they have done up north?

I don't know, I'm not interested in northern Irish politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I don't know, I'm not interested in northern Irish politics.

So why bring up something you've no interest in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

There is a stand up comedian with a bit about Woody Allen that basically goes like this ;

" You have to wonder if there was a day where he got up and went down to breakfast, looked at his daughter and said :

The man groomed and married his adopted daughter and ever since I found out I have avoided his work.

To quote Tarrentino

" Hey, a sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. But I'll never know 'cause I Wouldn't eat the filthy motherfcukers."

Are ye looking for recipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

To quote Tarrentino

Eh, Allen famously didn't live with Mia Farrow. They were not married.

Secondly, Allen wasn't Soon-Yi Previn's adopted father (Andre Previn was).

Detail my friend, detail!

jm08 wrote: »
    Eh, Allen famously didn't live with Mia Farrow. They were not married.

Secondly, Allen wasn't Soon-Yi Previn's adopted father (Andre Previn was).

Detail my friend, detail!

Ok I skimmed the details there to catch up. What is not in dispute is this ;

He married he little girl he watched grow up. It's similar to a wierd non blood uncle marrying a niece

I don't care that other people like his work I'm just saying there is enough content out there that I've not watched his since I found out he was a wierdo and I'm interested to see how this all turns out for Mary Lou

Just seems strange she has taken that stance publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ok I skimmed the details there to catch up. What is not in dispute is this ;

He married he little girl he watched grow up. It's similar to a wierd non blood uncle marrying a niece

I don't care that other people like his work I'm just saying there is enough content out there that I've not watched his since I found out he was a wierdo and I'm interested to see how this all turns out for Mary Lou

Just seems strange she has taken that stance publicly.

She was asked a question.

The whole Woody Allen things seems a bit bizarre, for us of a certain age Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris were on the telly every Saturday, people had to do Cathal O Searcaigh poetry in their Leaving exam,Seventh Heaven was RTEs primetime Sunday show for years
    , If we judge everyone on the films and television they've watched or the books they've read and found out later the actor/presenter/writer was a pervert i think we will have trouble finding any politicians,

Michael Jackson made some epic albums in his day, just because he seems to have had a penchant for the underage, doesn't stop those albums being epic.

It's the same with Spacey/Allen (I don't think I've watched any of his stuff though) Spaceyd performance in the usual suspects was phenomenal, and his portrayal of his character in the movie "Kpax" was brilliant. They don't stop being brilliant because of what we know of him now.

Complete and utter non story, lapped up by the usual suspects*

*No pun intended.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Michael Jackson made some epic albums in his day, just because he seems to have had a penchant for the underage, doesn't stop those albums being epic.

It's the same with Spacey/Allen (I don't think I've watched any of his stuff though) Spaceyd performance in the usual suspects was phenomenal, and his portrayal of his character in the movie "Kpax" was brilliant. They don't stop being brilliant because of what we know of him now.

*No pun intended.

Allen is very much an acquired taste, BBC2 did a season of his films in the late 80s, watched the Sleeper and Bananas but gave up after that, they weren't funny enough in my opinion,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

votecounts wrote: »

To be honest with you if I was SF I'd be a little worried at that poll. The government can't really do any worse in the media than they're doing since Christmas really. So if 29 is as high as they can go off the back of that it's a little worrying.

For FF, the schools will be open again soon (even with the unions attempts to kibosh it), and we're catching up massively on the vaccine. So the only way is up. Micheál will be Taoiseach when stuff reopens it appears....

Sinn Féin while on top are not after making the hay they should have given the reporting of the last few weeks. Like being 9 points clear while the teams behind have games in hand.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,923 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »

*No pun intended.

Imagine having the task of cancelling all the music Phil Spector, the murderer had a hand in?

The problem with the faux woke/#metoo brigades is they don't think this stuff through.

• Advertisement

To be honest with you if I was SF I'd be a little worried at that poll. The government can't really do any worse in the media than they're doing since Christmas really. So if 29 is as high as they can go off the back of that it's a little worrying.

For FF, the schools will be open again soon (even with the unions attempts to kibosh it), and we're catching up massively on the vaccine. So the only way is up. Micheál will be Taoiseach when stuff reopens it appears....

Sinn Féin while on top are not after making the hay they should have given the reporting of the last few weeks. Like being 9 points clear while the teams behind have games in hand.....

They cant go a week without a balls up, think we will be needing a new agriculture minister in the next few weeks and FGs sudden interest in MaryLou's film choices will put O'Gorman back in the spotlight, How much will be enough for the Greens?

They cant go a week without a balls up, think we will be needing a new agriculture minister in the next few weeks and FGs sudden interest in MaryLou's film choices will put O'Gorman back in the spotlight, How much will be enough for the Greens?

That's my point - SF are stuck below 30 even with all the ****ups...

That's my point - SF are stuck below 30 even with all the ****ups...

Dont know the poll sample but double the Taoiseachs party in support must be causing friction at FF HQ, ,

is 28 to 32/33 not high enough,and the effective glass ceiling......as after this,it results in less incoming transfers??

Like surely it now falls upon them to help build up smaller/similar outlook parties such as solidarity,pbp,RISE,soc dems etc..encourage transfers to èm,assist in local issues etc etc....

little point in having a monster size party that will swallow smaller parties in coalition and not allow smaller voices heard??

Im always perplexed that ffg have done near zero to cultivate a voice for centre right voters,who wont vote for em,for whatever reason....the PDs being a rare blip

TL:DR time for shinners to build a stragedy and step out from "the always right" news cycle to expand their platform IMO

I may vote for SF on occasion but wouldnt count them to be in the Citizen Smith zone with PBP and the like, you have to do a bit for yourself not the cradle tothe grave lazy b##tard ideals of RBB

SF couldn't get a single party or independent on side in the fallout of the last election. What's changed now that you think will make a difference now?

You're right - there is going to be a sugar rush of money in the economy next year - where MM is going to have the optics of being the Taoiseach who took us through COVID and avoided austerity. The vaccination rate here is now the highest in the EU.

I could be wrong but we're likely looking at a very different Ireland in 2 years' time (never mind election time 2025). There must be a minor doubt in SF HQ that they're after missing the boat.

Imagine having the task of cancelling all the music Phil Spector, the murderer had a hand in?

The problem with the faux woke/#metoo brigades is they don't think this stuff through.

Just think how stupid a political leader is to endorse Spacey and Allen, and then think of them holding the reins of power. An apologist for abuse of women and young boys is not the kind of person we want as Taoiseach, unless you choose to differ on this.

I mean, it's not like she is doing something simple like quoting Mean Girls, is it?

SF couldn't get a single party or independent on side in the fallout of the last election. What's changed now that you think will make a difference now?

The very first sentence is a lie - even the greens were open to partnering with the shinners FFS.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/eamon-ryan-casts-doubt-on-the-prospect-of-exclusively-left-wing-government-38967783.html
    Mr Ryan said the Greens are treating all parties "with equal respect" and has invited Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael and Sinn Féin to talks.

https://www.thejournal.ie/eamon-ryan-sinn-fein-5019963-Feb2020/

GREEN PARTY LEADER Eamon Ryan has said the party remains open to “all possibilities” when it comes to forming the next government, after a two-hour meeting earlier today with representatives from Sinn Féin.

Like, what is it with the constant lies and misinformation that can be debunked with a 3 second Google?

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this?

Peter Tatchell. FFS, there's not the slimmest chance you didn't know well what they were on about - you being a green voter and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,923 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just think how stupid a political leader is to endorse Spacey and Allen, and then think of them holding the reins of power. An apologist for abuse of women and young boys is not the kind of person we want as Taoiseach, unless you choose to differ on this.

I mean, it's not like she is doing something simple like quoting Mean Girls, is it?

When you are desperate for dirt you should be aware your senses may be warped blanch.

This one for instance is a real credibility sapper and mind you, you have picked some dead ends to go up in your time. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement