Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So it was fake news.
    44 homes being built on two sites instead of original planned 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Thing about avoiding austrity is....im old enough to remember everyone in irish establishment sneering at doherty and the shinners for being a lone voice and saying it was wrong move and wouldnt work (called econmic illterates iirc).........the imf years later admitted it was a flawed and ultimately failed policy in the post 08 "crash".......austrity isnt coming iiregardless of who is taoiseach

Thankfully the electorate also sneered at Pearse & Gerry and their nonsensical waffle about "a fairer way" in the 11 and 16 elections. Granted, they had increases in seats in those years but not enough to push through their claptrap.

The current situation is very different from the post 2008 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Thankfully the electorate also sneered at Pearse & Gerry and their nonsensical waffle about "a fairer way" in the 11 and 16 elections. Granted, they had increases in seats in those years but not enough to push through their claptrap.

The current situation is very different from the post 2008 years.

Least it wasn't 'FF will NEVER go into coalition with FG' which is technically lying through your teeth. Or, accepting someone as leader of the country that you likened to John Delaney being facilitated to return to the FAI.

Watch the electorate 'sneer' if they try those downright lie's again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

McMurphy wrote: »
    The very first sentence is a lie - even the greens were open to partnering with the shinners FFS.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/eamon-ryan-casts-doubt-on-the-prospect-of-exclusively-left-wing-government-38967783.html

https://www.thejournal.ie/eamon-ryan-sinn-fein-5019963-Feb2020/

Like, what is it with the constant lies and misinformation that can be debunked with a 3 second Google?

Well the Greens are signed up with FF and FG so obviously SF didn't get them (or anyone else for that matter) on side

• Advertisement

Least it wasn't 'FF will NEVER go into coalition with FG' which is technically lying through your teeth. Or, accepting someone as leader of the country that you likened to John Delaney being facilitated to return to the FAI.

Watch the electorate 'sneer' if they try those downright lie's again.

We'll see what happens in the future, thankfully the nonsense from SF in the post 08 years was safely ignored.

From i can see those who sneered at em,have had the basis for doing so,pulled from under their feet via the IMF

That to.me,says enough about the irish establishment and centre right econmics,not one apoligised,not that it matters....they've now decended to the level of somehow blaming shinners for kevin spacey ,irish media and political establishment is pure and utter demented from what i can see

After 100 years of em,its time to try something new

We are in a far better place now than we would be if we followed Sinn Fein's naive rubbish IMO. Why on earth would anyone apologise?

Edit: before anyone launches in to a soliloquy about crises, I accept the there are problems.

Apple tax and pensions is incoming..... 5........4...........3........

We'll see what happens in the future, thankfully the nonsense from SF in the post 08 years was safely ignored.

I wonder when the penny drops with these guys (FF FG) or are they just too arrogant.
    Their continued disrespect of and lying to the electorate has them reduced from a combined high of 8$% of the vote to the mid 40 %'s. People...believe it or not,(I don't) are now voting for them because they are the best of a bad lot!

What their arrogance won't let them see is that one of them is going to disappear into oblivion and the irony is that they have facilitated this state of affairs themselves. :)

McMurphy wrote: »
    Apple tax and pensions is incoming..... 5........4...........3........

If SF put forward stupid proposals such as these mentioned, they they will be brought up when discussing SF's economic policy.

• Advertisement

If SF put forward stupid proposals such as these mentioned, they they will be brought up when discussing SF's economic policy.

A party that makes a stupid proposal or a party that continually lies to you while they look after their own interest and preside over record breaking crises?

Which one is the best of the bad lot there.....hmmmmm

The imf literally said fiscal austrity post 08 was a mistake :pac:

Its been shown time and again in studies to been so??

A former official said it in relation to Ireland, was there an official comment by the IMF? Genuine question.

As we all know, we had based our spending pre 08 on unsustainable tax revenues. When this revenue collapsed, we needed to make up the shortfall.

A party that makes a stupid proposal ....

I wish it was a stupid proposal, singular. I might even give them a vote myself. Unfortunately it is several stupid proposals.

I wish it was a stupid proposal, singular. I might even give them a vote myself. Unfortunately it is several stupid proposals.

Yes, you prefer the lies. Good luck with that...the lies from Enda Kenny finished it for me, you will likely learn too.

People...believe it or not,(I don't) are now voting for them because they are the best of a bad lot!

So yourself and other Sinn Fein voters have said to me on here, surely you are not arrogant enough to think there is no one in the country that votes for them as best of a bad lot? You can disagree with their reasoning fair enough, but at least acknowledge it can happen.

Same as I completely disagree with voting SF, but can see why people do vote for them.

So yourself and other Sinn Fein voters have said to me on here, surely you are not arrogant enough to think there is no one in the country that votes for them as best of a bad lot? You can disagree with their reasoning fair enough, but at least acknowledge it can happen.

Same as I completely disagree with voting SF, but can see why people do vote for them.

The only thing I can 'think' is that some people are complicit in the lies that they are being told. Never ceases to amaze me that.

Yes, you prefer the lies. Good luck with that...the lies from Enda Kenny finished it for me, you will likely learn too.

Do SF not lie? I highly doubt that.

The only thing I can 'think' is that some people are complicit in the lies that they are being told. Never ceases to amaze me that.

Haha, what a way to write off 40 ish per cent of the electorate.

Do SF not lie? I highly doubt that.

Put it this way christy...if SF fail to deliver or fail to try to deliver what they say they will, they won't be getting any votes from me.

You are happy to be lied to, good luck with that, as me auld granny would say...don't come crying to me, etc etc etc.

Put it this way christy...if SF fail to deliver or fail to try to deliver what they say they will, they won't be getting any votes from me.

You are happy to be lied to, good luck with that, as me auld granny would say...don't come crying to me, etc etc etc.

So have SF not lied in the past? I highly doubt that.

Speaking of lies, I am "happy to be lied to" is one. Best of a bad lot is not a compliment and indicates that I am not "happy".

• Advertisement

Haha, what a way to write off 40 ish per cent of the electorate.

The % that heard Michael Martin LIE about coalition or Leo's one about Delaney etc?

That percentage christy? Might be lovely people but No, I wouldn't have a scintilla of respect for their choice, politically.

The % that heard Michael Martin LIE about coalition or Leo's one about Delaney etc?

That percentage christy? Might be lovely people but No, I wouldn't have a scintilla of respect for their choice, politically.

Again, on the SF thread, have SF never lied?

No respect for someone else's viewpoint, not really surprising.

Again, on the SF thread, have SF never lied?

No respect for someone else's viewpoint, not really surprising.

They haven't been in government here Christy. I said if they 'fail' to deliver, they won't be getting a vote from me. They didn't get a vote from me until the last GE.

You are telling me that you accept lies and you want respect for your viewpoint? The damage the power swap has done again! :rolleyes:

They haven't been in government here Christy. I said if they 'fail' to deliver, they won't be getting a vote from me. They didn't get a vote from me until the last GE.

You are telling me that you accept lies and you want respect for your viewpoint? The damage the power swap has done again! :rolleyes:

You don't need to be in government to lie.

Again, have SF never lied in the past? If not, fair play to them. If they have, why are you accepting their lies?

You don't need to be in government to lie.

Again, have SF never lied in the past? If not, fair play to them. If they have, why are you accepting their lies?

More of the complicity here. SF have not been in government christy. When they do get into government and do the polar opposite to what they promised then we can talk.

More of the complicity here. SF have not been in government christy. When they do get into government and do the polar opposite to what they promised then we can talk.

I know they haven't been in government, and as I said you do not need to be in government to lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

jesus....you must be some craic dating....people are allowed see others,if it deosnt work out :D

If you want to put it that way - when you're looking to have a baby you need to get the ride - SF didn't get the ride from anyone...

If you want to put it that way - when you're looking to have a baby you need to get the ride - SF didn't get the ride from anyone...

Or, during numerous FF/FG government's, just have the IRL£ and a good connection in a mother and baby home, everything had its price in Ireland.

I know they haven't been in government, and as I said you do not need to be in government to lie.

You cannot be held to account for lying about what you will do in government if you haven't been in government.

Politics 101 stuff christy c!

• Advertisement

You need to be in government to lie about introducing/not introducing policies you said you would/wouldn't introduce when cadging people of their votes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement