Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

You cannot be held to account for lying about what you will do in government if you haven't been in government.

Politics 101 stuff christy c!

So it only certain lies you don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    So it only certain lies you don't like?

When Enda lied about 'new politics' christy c, that was the end for me. You seem to have found away to either ignore or be complicit.

Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,934 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Peter Tatchell. FFS, there's not the slimmest chance you didn't know well what they were on about - you being a green voter and all.

That particular homophobic slur on O'Gorman was well and truly debunked.

It is only desperate bile from angry white male republicans that sees it raise its head again.

When Enda lied about 'new politics' christy c, that was the end for me. You seem to have found away to either ignore or be complicit.

Fair play to you.

Gerry Adams must be persona non grata to you if you don't like liars.

He told one story to the TV programme Spotlight and another to a court about his knowledge of sexual abuse, at best a liar, at worst a perjurer, on an issue that was very serious.

Fair play to you.

OK you don't like being lied to about new politics, but have no issue with SF lying (assuming SF have lied in the past, if they didn't fair play to them and you).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

blanch152 wrote: »

He told one story to the TV programme Spotlight and another to a court about his knowledge of sexual abuse, at best a liar, at worst a perjurer, on an issue that was very serious.

I always thought he got away Scot free after it emerged he voted for the abortion referendum using both his and Peadar Toibin's votes. Peadar of course an ardent anti abortion campaigner.

OK you don't like being lied to about new politics, but have no issue with SF lying (assuming SF have lied in the past, if they didn't fair play to them and you).

Some individual politicians lie christy c, or mislead. Those lies can be dealt with on a one to one basis.

I have said again and again, IF SF, the party lie to me about what they will do in government then they will not get a vote from me.

You are either complicit in the lie of this government or you accept that you are being lied to. NOT a good look IMO.

Gerry Adams is retired and I never voted for SF in a GE when he was a leader, so I have no case to answer on that.

I have never seen that Spotlight clip (nobody was ever able to produce it) so cannot offer a judgement.
    I do know Adams has been lied about again and again though.

I have said again and again, IF SF, the party lie to me about what they will do in government then they will not get a vote from me.

You are either complicit in the lie of this government or you accept that you are being lied to. NOT a good look IMO.

Have the SF party lied about anything in the past? If so, how do you justify it?

When we have idiots like Pearse Doherty in opposition it makes my voting choice a bit easier.

Have the SF party lied about anything in the past? If so, how do you justify it?

When we have idiots like Pearse Doherty in opposition it makes my voting choice a bit easier.

Not about what they would do in government here.

Face it christy c, you are complicit in the lies. How does the song go...'If you tolerate this then your children will be next....'

You know you are being lied to and yet you still mark with an X.

I got lied to by FG and FF and said never again if this is what they are offering.

• Advertisement

Not about what they would do in government here.

Face it christy c, you are complicit in the lies. How does the song go...'If you tolerate this then your children will be next....'

You know you are being lied to and yet you still mark with an X.

I got lied to by FG and FF and said never again if this is what they are offering.

OK, so back to you having no issue with certain lies.

While SF and others come up with increasingly stupid proposals, I will never put an "x" beside them.

OK, so back to you having no issue with certain lies.

While SF and others come up with increasingly stupid proposals, I will never put an "x" beside them.

christy c my friend...SF and their proposals are not the only option.

Face up to it, you have decided to be complicit...excuse it any way you like, but that is the reality. You are in no position to lecture anyone, you facilitate what we have as governance.

christy c my friend...SF and their proposals are not the only option.

Face up to it, you have decided to be complicit...excuse it any way you like, but that is the reality. You are in no position to lecture anyone, you facilitate what we have as governance.

I said "SF and others".

I dont need to face up to anything, I have voted and given my reasons before. If you or any other SF voter do not like that then it is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I said "SF and others".

I dont need to face up to anything, I have voted and given my reasons before. If you or any other SF voter do not like that then it is a bonus.

What's a bonus?

You vote a certain way, and if people who vote differently to how you do don't like it, it's a bonus?

I've heard it all now. :D

What's a bonus?

You vote a certain way, and if people who vote differently to how you do don't like it, it's a bonus?

I figured there was an inherent dishonesty in the way christy posted and his reasoning for voting. Think that has been revealed now.

What's a bonus?

If my voting riles someone else up it is a bonus.

I figured there was an inherent dishonesty in the way christy posted and his reasoning for voting. Think that has been revealed now.

Haha.

Allegations O'Gorman met with, was delighted he was marching with the Green party, and was even photographed with Tatchell, and tweeted it too?

Epic Photoshop there, bravo.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-roderic-o-gorman-satanic-images-of-children-false-5188749-Aug2020/

The bile that you are posting about Roderick O'Gorman was debunked months ago.

"In a statement posted on Twitter in July, O’Gorman said he would not allow the claims linking him to Tatchell to stand uncorrected, saying they were “rooted in homophobia, stoked by anonymous, far-right Twitter accounts”."

That is the type of company you are keeping in repeating the false allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

If my voting riles someone else up it is a bonus.

Thats pathetic. (For the record, no one cares how you vote except the candidates).

jm08 wrote: »
    Thats pathetic. (For the record, no one cares how you vote except the candidates).

Well different SF voters have felt the need to comment on who i choose to vote for. If no one cares that's even better, won't have to hear it again.

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »

That's not true, around here, I get pestered continuously about the issue and get mislabelled by many about my voting.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I'm curious. What's the actual story/scoop then if this is not the inference?

Low-level dog-whistle stuff like this works because the originator can don a mask of deniability.

There is no good reason at all in the world to post a picture of Thatchell and O'Gorman on a Sinn Fein thread.

Id have taught the thatchell/ogorman nonsense would been a relatively good comparison to the MLMD/kevin spacy sh1te yous introduced.....

you cant go crying to mods accusing all of homophobia and smearing,when happy to do it yourself and it blows up in your face....what was it yous said earlier today about the shinners and women

Trying to equate the two is nonsense.

When Thatchell's remarks were brought to his attention, O'Gorman immediately disassociated himself from them, as the Journal article makes clear. Mary-Lou doubled-down several times with her remarks on Allen, Spacey and cancel culture.

I haven't gone crying to mods about anything.

Bambi wrote: »
    You do know that SFs own career gay, Fintan Warfield, was equally delighted to meet Thatchell?

Anyway it turns out that while they were all thrilled to meet him and considered him to be a hero that, amazingly, none of them knew about his strange views on the topic of f****ng kids so it's all fine, which is nice.

I dont think Warfield is on this site insinuating folk are admirer's of sex pests or supportive of men who marry their partners daughters because they admire their art/work/movies etc.

You should be able to seperate the man from the work.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont think Warfield is on this site insinuating folk are admirer's of sex pests or supportive of men who marry their partners daughters because they admire their art/work/movies etc.

You should be able to seperate the man from the work.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Happy to oblige.

Neither is O'Gorman on this site, neither is O'Gorman admiring people like that, and neither is this thread about O'Gorman or the Green party. There was a whole thread about O'Gorman, that if I recall correctly, ended up being closed.

This is the Sinn Fein thread, Mary-Lou is on record defending Spacey and Allen, and has been publicly criticised by politicians for doing so making it an appropriate issue to raise here. The "look over there" approach in trying to disingenuously drag O'Gorman into the discussion is being called out for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Happy to oblige.

Neither is O'Gorman on this site, neither is O'Gorman admiring people like that, and neither is this thread about O'Gorman or the Green party. There was a whole thread about O'Gorman, that if I recall correctly, ended up being closed.

This is the Sinn Fein thread, Mary-Lou is on record defending Spacey and Allen, and has been publicly criticised by politicians for doing so making it an appropriate issue to raise here. The "look over there" approach in trying to disingenuously drag O'Gorman into the discussion is being called out for what it is.

Was it Thatchell's films he liked? If MLMD was marching with Allen and Spacey based on their political and social philosophy you might have a point.
    You brought in this complete tripe and it bit you.

'Annie Hall' is a classic. Would I take dating advice off Allen? No.

I dont see the big difference tbh....same as that silly old army council conspiracy and engage in a bit of race baiting on other threads

You cant poision the well of discussion by doing above and complain the subsequent content isnt to your liking

Well, I have set out the principles of how they are different.

Race baiting is defined as "intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage." I am not engaged in any race baiting anywhere.

I am happy to point out the social characteristics of the average Sinn Fein supporter on social media such as Twitter and the relationship of that to homophobia, misogyny and sectarianism, what I now call the angry white male republican phenonemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well, I have set out the principles of how they are different.

Race baiting is defined as "intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage." I am not engaged in any race baiting anywhere.

I am happy to point out the social characteristics of the average Sinn Fein supporter on social media such as Twitter and the relationship of that to homophobia, misogyny and sectarianism, what I now call the angry white male republican phenonemon.

This is a classic Blanch.

Bowie wrote: »
    Was it Thatchell's films he liked? If MLMD was marching with Allen and Spacey based on their political and social philosophy you might have a point.
    You brought in this complete tripe and it bit you.

'Annie Hall' is a classic. Would I take dating advice off Allen? No.

Start a thread on O'Gorman and Thatchell if you want.

I will stick to Mary-Lou on this thread.

• Advertisement

Happy to oblige.

No, but you are, and you brought the insinuations into it. Because once again, like a moth to a bulb, you couldn't resist the shinner bash story, and once again have egg on your face.

You just can't help yourself.

Complete and utter bollocks, the story I read - and you actually linked to, did not defend either men's actions or allegations, but instead said their work still stood on its own two feet.
    Ms McDonald said the controversy around Mr Allen marrying his former wife Mia Farrow's adoptive daughter was “very unnerving and unsettling” but said his “work stands still on its own two feet”.

On Spacey.

“But you know some really, you know, alarming things have been said and allegations made about him in this kind of MeToo moment as well which gave me pause for, obviously concern,” she said.

“But you have to ask yourself does that mean that the value of the writing or the making of the movies, you know, do cancel all of that?

“If somebody is guilty of a criminal offence, whoever they are, it doesn't matter whoever they are, they have to be held to account for that.

“Kevin Spacey (is) another actor I like a lot but was is very much in that category. I mean what emerged about him was deeply shocking and unacceptable But he was a great actor,” she added.

Blanch caught spoofing and spreading his misinformation yet again.

If you have to resort to lying and bullshytting - it really reveals the nothingness in the story to begin with, complete and utter non story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement