Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/we-were-wrong-imf-report-details-the-damage-of-austerity-11533

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/27/austerity-policies-do-more-harm-than-good-imf-study-concludes

In relation to eire
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/austerity-only-policy-for-ireland-was-a-mistake-admits-former-imf-chief-866012-Apr2013/%3famp=1

In sound,for those unwilling to read (i think its the man,that headed up the imf "mission" here,hope he is offial enough!!)
    https://m.soundcloud.com/morning-ireland/austerity-was-a-mistake-says/reposts

Greece (generally regarded as worst case)

https://www.bruegel.org/2015/04/the-imfs-big-greek-mistake/

www.economics.utoronto.ca › ...PDF
    IMF admits: We failed to realise the damage austerity would do to Greece

Admission to needing debt restructuring (remember syriza being laughed at for pointing this out years previously)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22791248

Will i continue,remember rte and irish media and political establishment still sneer at those who pointed out the obvious at the time

So .... Stavros can tan his ballsack out on Mykonos after retiring at 52 and dealing mostly in cash money whilst Fritz slaves away in a factory in Dortmund, pays every euron in tax and retires at a worn out 65!

And then has to bail out Stavros............ would ya ever, buddy.

The Greeks forhhked themselves up dude, they didn’t “find themselves in any predicament”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

So .... Stavros can tan his ballsack out on Mykonos after retiring at 52 and dealing mostly in cash money whilst Fritz slaves away in a factory in Dortmund, pays every euron in tax and retires at a worn out 65!

And then has to bail out Stavros............ would ya ever, buddy.

The Greeks forhhked themselves up dude, they didn’t “find themselves in any predicament”.

Xenophobia standard issue to FG hacks now?

Xenophobia standard issue to FG hacks now?

So....It’s not true then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Greece

i assume this is satire??

,as its so poorly constructed sentences,with incoherent pattern,its incomprehensible tbh

Im,of all people, in position to lecture anyone on writing/language skills,but that is a really poorly constructed post

Nah, pal.... real as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RTE Investigates tonight on homelessness will give an insight in to what happens when FF or FG 'fix' things with crippling austerity, same as the M&B Homes exposé's will show how they fix abuse and killing of women and children.
    For those who think it was ok and can turn blind eyes, that is.

• Advertisement

RTE Investigates tonight on homelessness will give an insight in to what happens when FF or FG 'fix' things with crippling austerity, same as the M&B Homes exposé's will show how they fix abuse and killing of women and children.
    For those who think it was ok and can turn blind eyes, that is.

Deflection thread is |
    |
    |
    \ /

Down here

Deflection thread is |
    |
    |
    \ /

Down here

We were discussing austerity...sure you know the meaning of 'deflection'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Eire is ireland?

The imf man,overseeing it here admitted the level of austrity was a mistake, (google tells me,there is 47 mins read time in those links,you reply in less than 10...tells me all i need on supplying links here)

Liberialism deosnt stand up to real world scurtiny,nor challenges,its a failure and the continued obsession with irish political and media with it,will again in diaster,and they'll still sneer at anyone who points this out......how many times has there been a "crash" in eire since 1960....surely at this point,its time to stop making excuses,and admit it,same as communism, deosnt work in practice

Can you gauramtee us 100% FFG policies and the eurozone will not suffer another collaspe,or recession in next 20 years???

Yes I know Ireland is Eire. I said I had seen those comments from the ex IMF guy before, I was asking you what you were referring to. I wasn't going to read every link in detail was i?

Plenty of flaws in our current system, and we will definitely have another recession. Our "right wing" party spending like drunken sailors will be part of the reason, along with being a small, open economy. However SF shouting "FAIRNESS" will not improve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

RTE Investigates tonight on homelessness will give an insight in to what happens when FF or FG 'fix' things with crippling austerity

ooh, a right duo of 'fixers' alright. What is going to happen? The massive Builder Firms of both of these fixers are going to quickly build mostly just concrete awful places. The millionaire builders who are given [contracts?] and this work, will be then well able to pay for their own Mansions. And also, they will buy-in as investors to some places that they build and so will ensure a steady income [maybe from the government itself via rent supplements].

We were discussing austerity...sure you know the meaning of 'deflection'?

On a Sinn Fein thread, pal.

Duddnt compute..... magic money tree maybe, but not austerity.

• Advertisement

On a Sinn Fein thread, pal.

Duddnt compute..... magic money tree maybe, but not austerity.

We were discussing austerity ...sure you know the meaning of 'deflection'?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Isnt she elected on the panel from Trinners?

My apologies, you are indeed correct. Wow. I must admit I'm sorely disappointed in that electorate.

Why not....yous asked for em?

Surely this is reason enough to change the system....yous admit yourself its only matter of time before another recession under FFG.....it deosnt work,has failed everywhere in the world and only worsens wealth inequality.....

shinners are too progressive for the irish establishment,as shown by them exposing austrity and being proven right,to me this says its only a matter of time before they,be proven right......we need to house our poor and low paid,and stop the fight over resources,while 1% holds 99% of the wealth

Theres no sense in raising families in hotel rooms in eire of 2021

Why didn't I read the links? Because I was asking you what you were referencing to. I told you I had already seen the comments from the IMF guy.

Change the system, fine. But not to the rubbish spouted by Pearse Doherty. "Tax the rich", "take the Apple tax", etc are stupid no matter how you spin it. If we had followed his hair brained ideas we would be in far worse shape, and they have not been proven right IMO.

christy c wrote: »
    Why didn't I read the links? Because I was asking you what you were referencing to. I told you I had already seen the comments from the IMF guy.

Change the system, fine. But not to the rubbish spouted by Pearse Doherty. "Tax the rich", "take the Apple tax", etc are stupid no matter how you spin it. If we had followed his hair brained ideas we would be in far worse shape, and they have not been proven right IMO.

Not a word that I heard from Doherty about half of Kilmacrennan being found in wet pubs.

You’ll hear the imposter and charlatan blaming the ‘Gavverment’ about that too.

Populist charlatan.

Bowie wrote: »
    See this?

Here you are claiming MLMD is "An apologist for abuse of women and young boys".

Mary-Lou stood by Gerry Adams when it came out he protected a paedo, Adams should have been kicked out of the party. It's frankly bizarre he wasn't.

Course, I presume this doesn't bother you, since you chose your username here after another child rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Mary-Lou stood by Gerry Adams when it came out he protected a paedo, Adams should have been kicked out of the party. It's frankly bizarre he wasn't.

Course, I presume this doesn't bother you, since you chose your username here after another child rapist.

Is bowie not a knife or a city in Maryland Usa ..depends how you chose to look at it i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What was Gerry charged with? She stayed in the party Gerry was in?

So she is "An apologist for abuse of women and young boys" for liking Spacey/Allen films?

You are off your head with these laboured gymnastics.

They said austrity would delay recovery and was destroying the society aspect of the country...this is near universairly accepted internationally?

To my eyes,short of developing a time machine,this is as close to been proven right as it can be

How much extra econmic activity was raised/improved by slashing the minimum.wage??

The poorest 20% suffered 80% of cuts/drops in living standred during last recession iirc

FFG have sold yous a lie about what.they got upto,in last recession(and you admit they will cause another)...the imf even admit many of the bailout austrity was too much,but yet noone in irish media,nor establishment holds em to account or asks any basic qs on this

,plan from establishment for next deep recession is to just bury heads in sand,repeat old mistakes and sneer at shinners for daring to point out the obvious....

Austerity wasn't what caused a 20 billion hole in the budget, that had to be plugged. Yes of course, removing cash from the economy is not good, but roaring about fairness will not do much either.

Im fairly sure there will be another recession, but even more sure there would be a more severe one if we listened to Pearse.

but roaring about fairness will not do much either.

Unless you are one of those being crippled for something you didn't cause. Vote for the 'best of bad lot' might be better eh? :)

Unless you are one of those being crippled for something you didn't cause. Vote for the 'best of bad lot' might be better eh? :)

You were telling me before you didn't look at their policy promises, if you did you may have seen the kind of stupidity I am on about.

Might be best to sit this one out.

• Advertisement

You were telling me before you didn't look at their policy promises, if you did you may have seen the kind of stupidity I am on about.

Might be best to sit this one out.

No, I think FF FG would have completely devastated the country had it not been for the opposition shouting about fairness christy c as 'the best of a bad lot' fixed the country.

You are really revealing the spots today. Calling the government to account is their job and they did it, policy or not.

No, I think FF FG would have completely devastated the country had it not been for the opposition shouting about fairness christy c as 'the best of a bad lot' fixed the country.

You are really revealing the spots today. Calling the government to account is their job and they did it, policy or not.

I disagree, I think shouting about fairness should be accompanied by sane proposals. Given how stupid their actual proposals were, that is what lead me to having such a low opinion of them.

Instead of mentioning my spots, you could do with taking a look at your own.

This is agreed,it was the other ffg brainfart,to bail out banks,another brainfart,which ultimately proved liberialism deosnt work,and markets dont solve emself....but ffg persisit with this dogma in relation to housing situation here....why??

I'll agree to disagree,the social collaspe and fall in living standreds,werent enough to me,to justify nama and its 100K a year wages to failed FFG linked property developers....surely the fact they went broke,should raise qs on their management skills and make em getting 100K a year a disgrace

I think I've said all I want to on it. Plently of flaws and problems with our current set up, however I do not see SF as any sort of answer.

I disagree, I think shouting about fairness should be accompanied by sane proposals. Given how stupid their actual proposals were, that is what lead me to having such a low opinion of them.

Instead of mentioning my spots, you could do with taking a look at your own.

You are talking about people who drove us over a cliff cheered on by FG, asking for more,. Would you know what sane proposals are? :)

I think I've said all I want to on it. Plently of flaws and problems with our current set up, however I do not see SF as any sort of answer.

They are only viable party offering an alternative,who wont roll over to the establishment in government....given they've had to battle hard to build a platform in face of ridcolus outright propaganda (better known as cultural hedgemony),today somehow they are at fault for kevin spacy :pac:

.i can see obvious flaws around everything...im glad to hear alternatives,but keep voting in ffg and you'll keep getting the same result......after 100 years of perpetual power,its time for change.....whether it good or bad,sure bring it on

You are talking about people who drove us over a cliff cheered on by FG, asking for more,. Would you know what sane proposals are? :)

Yes I know what sane proposals are. I said before, I would loved to have seen a decent party emerge from the carnage of 2008, unfortunately for all of us, we got SF instead.

People disagree with me and unlike you I can respect their choice, and therefore we will likely see them in government in the not too distant future. For all our sakes I hope they succeed, but unlikely IMO with the gibberish they have come out with

They are only viable party offering an alternative,who wont roll over to the establishment in government....given they've had to battle hard to build a platform in face of ridcolus outright propaganda (better known as cultural hedgemony),today somehow they are at fault for kevin spacy :pac:

.i can see obvious flaws around everything...im glad to hear alternatives,but keep voting in ffg and you'll keep getting the same result......after 100 years of perpetual power,its time for change.....whether it good or bad,sure bring it on

Speaking of propaganda, we had Pearse (to be fair just probably badly informed) saying Ireland was bottom of the table for vaccines. It was pointed out to him and on this thread that he was wrong yet we still had people saying he was right. Minor I know but same as Kevin Spacey, not likely to swing any votes.

My view would be that we go for the same until we see a better alternative, and at the moment I do not see that in SF. And if it is bad change, I certainly do not want to "bring it on".

People disagree with me and unlike you I can respect their choice,

You might think you do.

You might think you do.

What's your line, "this thread isn't about me"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Austerity wasn't what caused a 20 billion hole in the budget, that had to be plugged. Yes of course, removing cash from the economy is not good, but roaring about fairness will not do much either.

Im fairly sure there will be another recession, but even more sure there would be a more severe one if we listened to Pearse.

Well this is it , we have to be more careful with the public finances, we're already after loading a pile of debt onto our children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement