Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

It's not a particularly 'Shinner' thing to say though is it?
    Plenty are saying it across the EU and the world.

We are what we are.

And what would our economy be like if it wasn’t. Of course it’s a tax haven for multinationals , it’s why they are here and look at the employment they bring and how the surrounding community benefits from it . I was talking to a lad working on the new Intel build , they are investigating 10 billion on it . 10,000 people employed on that job . They deserve the tax breaks .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

walshb wrote: »
    We won our case in court, and rightly.

By we, I mean the people of this country..

Won our case about a very serious and potentially damaging claim against our revenue and tax..

Instead of our people all being on the same side to fight this, we had the usual anti govt brigade stirring Sh1t against our country..

But it is no surprise. It really does come across that SF have no real policies other than “whatever our opponents back and stand for and fight for, just go the opposite way.”

I think you are describing your dictatorsship utopia there walshb. :) Never heard such rubbish.

We 'wo' round one in our case which will be appealed as far as I know, so you are a bit premature.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As expected, Francie

Our country strongly arguing and providing a roubust defence against this “claim.”

But your usual Shinners defending here

Guaranteed if SF were in power here and defending the claim, you’d be slating anyone not defending it..

Beat me to it Bee..

Standard policy of the Shinner, anything those in power propose, good bad or indifferent....oppose it, denigrate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

to my eyes its wrong apple are paying 0.05% tax,while rest of country ponies up 40% plus of their wages each week

Yous can claim we won x,y and z courtcases all you want,to my eyes its a tax havan scheme and to frame it any other way is non-sensical....why have shinners and greens abstained from this vote?

Why abstain?

Because they didn’t have the courage to commit

Playing both sides..

If voted against st then seen as being against our country..

Voting for.....god forbid, means we are actually supporting our country and its systems..

Greens? No idea..that crowd have no impact or feeling for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

to my eyes its wrong apple are paying 0.05% tax,while rest of country ponies up 40% plus of their wages each week

Yous can claim we won x,y and z courtcases all you want,to my eyes its a tax havan scheme and to frame it any other way is non-sensical....why have shinners and greens abstained from this vote?

So you would prefer these companies to move away and thousands of people lose jobs?
    Can you provide anything to confirm Apple paid 0.05% tax in the last few years? I know it was something like that in 2015 but we are now 6 years later, what are they paying now?

• Advertisement

And what would our economy be like if it wasn’t. Of course it’s a tax haven for multinationals , it’s why they are here and look at the employment they bring and how the surrounding community benefits from it . I was talking to a lad working on the new Intel build , they are investigating 10 billion on it . 10,000 people employed on that job . They deserve the tax breaks .

And I believe they should pay their fair share as everyne else is expected to.

I think you are describing your dictatorsship utopia there walshb. :) Never heard such rubbish.

We 'wo' round one in our case which will be appealed as far as I know, so you are a bit premature.

And no doubt you will be absolutely thrilled if we lose..

No real allegiance at all..

Whatever SF say, you go with..

That’s the way this thread shows it..

So you would prefer these companies to move away and thousands of people lose jobs?
    Can you provide anything to confirm Apple paid 0.05% tax in the last few years? I know it was something like that in 2015 but we are now 6 years later, what are they paying now?

There would not be a functioning and decent economy if SF had their way..

If we are/ are not a tax haven that is our choice. Not Europes. A lot of people in Ireland make a lot of money out of these companies

Indeed...but why are people opposing being labeled/called as such is beyond me
    Are you saying we should let Europe tell us what we can agree with companies moving to Ireland? that is a very slippery slope which ends up in mass unemployment in Ireland.

No...im not....just i dont feel anything particularly wrong with critising the country for being tax haven...it is,what it is....facilitaing tax evasion (in reality,this is whats happening),could in a post covid world,when all this will be paid for,be looked similarly as swiss banks and nazi gold....legally right,but morally and ethically wrong

And no doubt you will be absolutely thrilled if we lose..

No real allegiance at all..

Whatever SF say, you go with..

That’s the way this thread shows it..

Not thrilled, just glad we are being fair and good EUers.

As I say, it isn't a particularly 'Shinner' stance if you come out of the bubble there. Loads of interests around the EU want corporations to pay their fair share.

• Advertisement

Not thrilled, just glad we are being fair and good EUers.

As I say, it isn't a particularly 'Shinner' stance if you come out of the bubble there. Loads of interests around the EU want corporations to pay their fair share.

Again

Usual deflection

Look over there...they’re the same..

Thats illogical,borderline hysterical extrapolation from my post

Anything below the 12.5% corp tax(which is too low...but whatever imo),is tax evasion imo

Can you provide anything? as mentioned the 0.05% was years ago and not relevant anymore.

Have we uncovered some closet Irexiters here? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    I'm not interested in your deflections and point scoring:

The council does not have teams of plumbers/bricklayers/roofers sitting in huts drinking tea no, they do not.
    They have inspectors who hold trades, are tradesmen, who...see above.

The Dail is made up of teachers and Doctors. Is the TUI giving out about teachers being asked govern? See how silly this is?

The idea that these people are asked to build houses or might be asked is a complete nonsense.
    If ever you see pipe work being dug up you'll see contractor signs. Even the quango IW uses contractors.

Can we get back to building houses? Do you believe when we had houses built before we used council workers?

https://www.dublincity.ie/council/council-explained/career-opportunities/recruitment-process/careers-dublin-city-council

See this - they advertise for craft plumbers!!!!

You don’t have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

There would not be a functioning and decent economy if SF had their way..

Exactly, and that’s why they find it difficult to form alliances.

Remind one of Soviet Russia, every miserable, but equally miserable.

No room for initiative of any kind, no room for risk, no room for anyone trying to better themselves.

Again

Usual deflection

Look over there...they’re the same..

Are you claiming it is an exclusively Shinner point of view walshb? If you aren't how could it be deflection to point it out?

Have we uncovered some closet Irexiters here? :eek:

Europe has its advantages but we certainly don't need Europe telling us what we can/can't do.
    Do you think Europe should be allowed to dictate to Ireland what our tax rates our?

Are you claiming it is an exclusively Shinner point of view walshb? If you aren't how could it be deflection to point it out?

No

Never claimed that. I am well aware that there are other ‘out and out and anti everything’ the govt are..

But this is a SF thread...

Europe has its advantages but we certainly don't need Europe telling us what we can/can't do.
    Do you think Europe should be allowed to dictate to Ireland what our tax rates our?

Where have they 'dictated' this?

The EU wants to harmonise rates, and they have rules, they haven't 'dictated' anything that I can see.We still have and set our own rate.

Exactly, and that’s why they find it difficult to form alliances.

Remind one of Soviet Russia, every miserable, but equally miserable.

No room for initiative of any kind, no room for risk, no room for anyone trying to better themselves.

And very begrudging and hostile to anyone doing well for themselves..

It’s a desperate way to be. Anti people. But they will say only anti certain types people!! As if that’s okay.

• Advertisement

No

Never claimed that. I am well aware that there are other ‘out and out and anti everything’ the govt are..

A normal democracy so, where there are differing opinions and ideologies.
    But this is a SF thread...

So, how is it wrong to point out it is not just a Shinner position?

The EU wants to harmonise rates, and they have rules, they haven't 'dictated' anything that I can see.We still have and set our own rate.

And do you agree that we should, as a people be allowed set our own rates?

At present, are we operating legally as regards our tax laws, and if so, would you support a claim that says we are a tax haven, when we are fighting and defending the claim to say that we are not?

And very begrudging and hostile to anyone doing well for themselves..

It’s a desperate way to be. Anti people. But they will say only anti certain types people!! As if that’s okay.

So are you saying that if the power was reversed and in others hands the current governing parties would sit back clapping everything and ndding 'yes'.

:D:D:D

So, how is it wrong to point out it is not just a Shinner position?

Who said it was wrong?

Park SF for a minute..

You, personally: would you have voted with Ireland here or with Europe on this claim

So are you saying that if the power was reversed and in others hands the current governing parties would sit back clapping everything and ndding 'yes'.

:D:D:D

No. They would not..

But they would not be near as anti everything as SF and some others are..

And do you agree that we should, as a people be allowed set our own rates?

At present, are we operating legally as regards our tax laws, and if so, would you support a claim that says we are a tax haven, when we are fighting and defending the claim to say that we are not?

I think those paying the rates Apple, and other corporations do, are taking advantage and should be asked/made pay a fair rate. I support the rest of those in the EU who want to see them doing that.

I think those paying the rates Apple, and other corporations do, are taking advantage and should be asked/made pay a fair rate. I support the rest of those in the EU who want to see them doing that.

So you would vote with Europe on this claim?

No. They would not..

But they would not be near as anti everything as SF and some others are..

SF are not anti-everything that I can see. They and the other opposition parties do their jobs well IMO.
    We have a healthy democracy and I am all for that.

We have our rate set. Europe want to change our rates without our agreement. What else would you call it?
    Do you agree that Europe should not be allowed change our tax rates?

• Advertisement

So you would vote with Europe on this claim?

Absolutely, and have said so on more than one occaision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement