Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is not the government's fault, the Sinn Fein/DUP government should have ensured that they never got that far. We should complain to Stormont.

Surely it's the public's fault for not taking responsibility? :rolleyes:

If the south was bad, say worst in the world, would you be complaining about FF/FG/Green? No, you weren't.
    An increase in unemployment is an increase in her voter base.

People who lose their jobs vote for the opposition because they were made unemployed? Makes sense. Not everyone continues to vote for the same party regardless of how detrimental the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Simple practicality and a mature admission that this is an island?
    People's lives are at stake and Dublin should at least be pointing that out to those like Foster and Wison who are brazenly claiming their positions are 'political'.

Man up Dublin and call it out and contradict them at every turn. That is how you bring pressure to bear on people like this. They'd have no compunction and haven't if it was Shinner.

The only people being political are Sinn Féin. If we want to quarantine incoming we have to use existing borders, like it or lump it, NI is part of the UK so any incoming travel ban/quarantine has to include the Greater UK. That's the only solution everyone could agree on.

If you're serious about saving lives, having ROI and the UK agree to quarantine everyone coming into the CTA between them is the correct solution that upsets nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The only people being political are Sinn Féin.

Rubbish, the DUP are openly saying it.
    On The Pat Kenny Show this morning, DUP MP Sammy Wilson said travel restrictions between Northern Ireland and Britain would be politically unacceptable.
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/all-island-coronavirus-approach-not-acceptable-practically-or-politically-dup-1140282?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1611576145
    Everybody has been expected to put politics aside(rightly so), except these people. Bad and all as Ian Paisley was, he could put the stupid abstract notions of identity aside when it came to cows. But we allow the DUP to pontificate when human lives are at stake.

If we want to quarantine incoming we have to use existing borders, like it or lump it, NI is part of the UK so any incoming travel ban/quarantine has to include the Greater UK. That's the only solution everyone could agree on.

If you're serious about saving lives, having ROI and the UK agree to quarantine everyone coming into the CTA between them is the correct solution that upsets nobody.
    And pathetically any of that is in the 'embryonic stage'. When will they get around to it, when everyone is vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Posters shouldn't be allowed to peddle unsubstantiated BS as if it's fact.

It really is dishonest and immature and borders on outright propaganda tbh.

I completely agree on this.

Unfortunately posters, keep posting opinion as fact.

The funny thing is how they try to shut down people who call them on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    I completely agree on this.

Unfortunately posters, keep posting opinion as fact.

The funny thing is how they try to shut down people who call them on it.

Weren't you advised on a thread just the other day to read back over the thread for context before asking ridiculous questions, and yet, - here you are today editing my post to purposely remove context, to make it somehow say what you would like it to say?

I'm humbled you "completely agree with me though", well done. You're a goodun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Its amazing posters blow themselves up as experts .about GDPR as its only a method of regulating use of collected info(to push back againest FB,curtail ads online etc)

Unless people are honesrly expecting stormont to send them.advertisements/impinge upon their privacy.....its not outside GDPR rules,so long as destroyed within an agreed timeframe/box ticked on the airport form iirc.......anyone on this site,has likely clicked on agreeing to cookies as it is,its mindless poorly arrived to critism,passed off as an expert knowledge

It is outside of GDPR rules to use information for the purpose other than for which it is collected and data controllers can only collect and use information for purposes to which they are entitled to. That is before you even get into the argument over whether the Brexit agreement is ratified or not and allows a transfer. As I posted already, here is Tommie Gorman on the issue:

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2021/0124/1191778-tommie-gorman/

"Northern Ireland’s Health Minister Robin Swann and his officials have been pushing the authorities in Dublin to share information with them about passengers arriving into Republic of Ireland airports and ports before heading to Northern Ireland.

The NI authorities know Dublin Airport is significantly busier that its quiet network of Belfast City, Aldergrove and Derry. They are also aware of how all arriving passengers south of the border, including those from Great Britain, are obliged to fill in a locator form and show evidence of a negative virus test.

GDPR issues – who would get that information, how might it be used, might there be legal implications – are the main reasons why Dublin has so far refused to share that information with Belfast."

The GDPR problem is not an opinion, is not invented and spurious, it is real. Putting your head in the sands of an all-island approach and ignoring the GDPR issue is a foolish option.

Weren't you advised on a thread just the other day to read back over the thread for context before asking ridiculous questions, and yet, - here you are today editing my post to purposely remove context, to make it somehow say what you would like it to say?

Thank you for proving me right.

You just can’t help yourself, can you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Atticu, I'm sure you're cryptic posts make sense to you and your own brain, and that's great, it really is, and you tear away with that, do whatever makes you happy, and never worry what anyone else thinks - or how you might come across to them.

But from where I'm sitting, your posts are as irrelevant to me as cat meme's are, and I view and give them the same significance and importance as I give cat meme's.

Atticu, I'm sure you're cryptic posts make sense to you and your own brain, and that's great, it really is, and you tear away with that, do whatever makes you happy, and never worry what anyone else thinks - or how you might come across to them.

But from where I'm sitting, your posts are as irrelevant to me as cat meme's are, and I view and give them the same significance and importance as I give cat meme's.

It seems that I hit a nerve there.

If my posts were irrelevant, you would not reply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Posters shouldn't be allowed to peddle unsubstantiated BS as if it's fact.

Almost a full weekend here I seen folk peddle a lie about Frances Fitzgerald being "exonerated for misleading the Dail" - BS

The GDPR invented issue, is just that, invented and spurious, reasons being explained complete with various sources, and they're still peddling it.

Now we have a claim the UK strain entered here from the north. Anything to back it up? Nope, nada, not a thing.

It really is dishonest and immature and borders on outright propaganda tbh.

Then you need to stop the lad scraping Twitter and claiming everything is “in Tatters” Randal.

Sauce for the goose like........:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thank you for proving me right.

You just can’t help yourself, can you.

It seems that I hit a nerve there.

If my posts were irrelevant, you would not reply to them.

Mod

Both of you can take a week off. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The only people being political are Sinn Féin. If we want to quarantine incoming we have to use existing borders, like it or lump it, NI is part of the UK so any incoming travel ban/quarantine has to include the Greater UK. That's the only solution everyone could agree on.

If you take the freight routes to Europe through uk into consideration the total quarentine is impossible and would lead to shortages in food supplies.
    Tourism of any description or even home visits from emigrants would have to be quarentined too.
    Can you have all essential travel quarentined?
    I'm sure most of it is essential at this stage anyhow.

Aren't other places blocking all travel except supplies/goods?
    A sea and air border is easier than a land one.
    If the BA couldn't form a closed border I can't see it happening.

What other places?

Not much chance of an all Ireland strategy, now that the Government have handed the DUP a stick to beat them with, (Ian Paisley on Claire Byrne)
    Embarrassing chaotic shambolic management. SF and the parties of NI isolated again.

Isnt this GDPR issue,not solved by ticking a box on the form and agreement to destroy inside x period of time?

Anyone refusing to agree with it,mandatory quarantine......any isssue/appeal,tie up in court until pandemic passes

Theres no such thing as problems,only oppurtunities for solution

If I don’t tick the box, which I am entitled to do, my data can’t be transferred to the UK, and the whole thing is pointless.

Why would someone coming into Dublin Airport travelling to Belfast tick a box to allow the PSNI to get their details and follow them around for a week? Think about it for a moment.

There are no other islands with a land border on the island closing down in the way you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

71% of ROI people want the border closed to control Covid.
    Surprising it could be that high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

71% of ROI people want the border closed to control Covid.
    Surprising it could be that high

I swear they did those polls among 1000 Joe Duffy callers, 91% want mandatory quarantine (which is direct provision at best, internment at worst) . Thank God Government are somewhat sensible

What other places?

You'll note I was asking, now you're asking me.

Wasn't Australia at that? I think Canada?
    LV says mandatory hotel stays 'not ruled out' so maybe Ireland...
    I swear they did those polls among 1000 Joe Duffy callers, 91% want mandatory quarantine (which is direct provision at best, internment at worst) . Thank God Government are somewhat sensible

The 'worst in the world' lads who constantly flip flop and do more u-turns than a 1970's car chase movie?

• Advertisement

You'll note I was asking, now you're asking me.

Wasn't Australia at that? I think Canada?
    LV says mandatory hotel stays 'not ruled out' so maybe Ireland...

The 'worst in the world' lads who constantly flip flop and do more u-turns than a 1970's car chase movie?

So you don't know, good man.

Republicanism North of the border again immune to restrictions it seems.
    And you lads are on about mandatory quarentine?
    You can't manage your own followers!

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Republicanism North of the border again immune to restrictions it seems.
    And you lads are on about mandatory quarentine?
    You can't manage your own followers!

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/

Shows the kind of ‘policies’ these lads would bring.

As long as the lads up amongst the whins and heather approve- fire away.

Not fooling those who get up early.

Then into mandatory quaratinen for 2 weeks.....appeal away to supreme court,but will take years,by which time
    Pandemic will hopefully be passedl
    L

How can this State throw somebody into quarantine because they won't agree to share their personal data with another State which is their right under GDPR? Big compensation claim incoming.

Solution is government to government two-island arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

In the middle of a global pandemic, SF are taking on the big issue of accent discrimination.

How in the name of God do you enforce it?

Then into mandatory quaratinen for 2 weeks.....appeal away to supreme court,but will take years,by which time
    L

Habeas Corpus motion, High Court injunction, overnight hearing, free to go on my way, compensation claim for the illegality.

piplip87 wrote: »
    In the middle of a global pandemic, SF are taking on the big issue of accent discrimination.

Accent discrimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Then into mandatory quaratinen for 2 weeks.....appeal away to supreme court,but will take years,
    Just thinking aloud here, but if I was so inclined to take such a case to the Supreme Court (and to be clear, I'm not) I'd be suggesting it's a habeas corpus matter and the SC would therefore be in a position to have to hear it immediately.

by which time
    L
    :D I admire your optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

piplip87 wrote: »

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/bill-dublin-accents-discrimination-area-19693972

The purpose of the Bill is to ensure that employers could no longer discriminate against a job applicant or current employee because of where they were brought up or how they speak and the lingo they use.

I think Sinn Fein watched some TV over the Christmas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fITzlPgA0

In other words if you are so strung out you can't string two words together, someone doesn't give you a job, you can then sue them for discrimination.

• Advertisement

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/bill-dublin-accents-discrimination-area-19693972

The purpose of the Bill is to ensure that employers could no longer discriminate against a job applicant or current employee because of where they were brought up or how they speak and the lingo they use.

I think Sinn Fein watched some TV over the Christmas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fITzlPgA0

In other words if you are so strung out you can't string two words together, someone doesn't give you a job, you can then sue them for discrimination.

Political party introduce Bill in the Dáil shocker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement