Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    Withholding a passport is a much more serious sanction than removal of a driving licence, and you want to impose this sanction without a court hearing. It seems like you favour the creation of a police state.

Drunk driving is a serious offence? Reckless endangerment , have these people not done the same so if we have to take them to court to take their passports name and shame as well , let's do it people need to own their sh1t and should face the music when they trample over everyone else's good work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

jm08 wrote: »
    I don't think that is correct.

Michelle O'Neill's statement in full

“There has been considerable controversy over my attendance at Bobby Storey’s funeral.
    “He was my friend.
    "At the foremost of my mind are all the families who are grieving.
    “I have listened carefully to the voices of those who have lost loved ones.
    “No family’s grief is more important than another’s.
    “I am particularly concerned that grieving families, who have lost a loved one during the pandemic had their heartache compounded by the necessary restrictions which were in place at that time.
    “Not being able to have their family and friends’ support to help them through was hugely difficult.
    “I am also concerned that those grieving families are experiencing more hurt over recent days. I am sorry for that.
    “Bobby’s family also must have space to grieve.
    “If the regulations had prevented me from attending his funeral I would have obeyed those regulations.
    “At the funeral and mass I kept to the regulations as I have advised others to do.
    “The PSNI will look into all of this.
    “It is unfortunate that this matter has divided the Executive.
    “We have important work to do and I firmly believe that all the parties of the Executive are committed to this and to powersharing.
    “We have made good progress in this despite all the difficulties. My commitment is to continue this work.
    “Covid 19 is still with us and I will continue to lead us through this and in to recovery.”

This is exactly the position. She has ducked and dived and has not admitted to any wrongdoing and has not apologised for any wrongdoing. She has actually gone a bit further and stated that she will never apologise for attending the Story funeral.

.....and the regulations were very clear. You were not allowed to attend a friends funeral. She also broke a further 6 regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,874 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    This is exactly the position. She has ducked and dived and has not admitted to any wrongdoing and has not apologised for any wrongdoing. She has actually gone a bit further and stated that she will never apologise for attending the Story funeral.

.....and the regulations were very clear. You were not allowed to attend a funeral. She also broke a further 6 regulations.

Why would anyone apologise for attending a funeral?

But happily passed on the floor plans of peoples houses to those that did,

Was this collusion between ira and Psni?

Its all they have, BBC showed an orange march that RTE said didnt
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-53395018
    happen last July

• Advertisement

Because the regs made by her executive were crystal clear You were not allowed to attend a friends funeral. End of and crystal clear

• Registered Users Posts: 19,494 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Because the regs made by her executive were crystal clear You were not allowed to attend a friends funeral. End of and crystal clear

Clear as day.... but the .."aaaah Shure ..attitude promoted by Francie would appear to trump that"

Complete rubbish

Was this collusion between ira and Psni?

Your lot would seem to be quite fond
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramilitary_punishment_attacks_in_Northern_Ireland

Are they still tarring and feathering any young girl who associates with Catholics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Was it advice or the law? I know our politicians attended a funeral around the same time too. Either way it was bad form and sent the wrong message. It's old news TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Clear as day.... but the .."aaaah Shure ..attitude promoted by Francie would appear to trump that"

Complete rubbish

You can't attend a funeral unless it is an IRA funeral.

Very like the way that the rules changed in Animal Farm.

The Orwellian Sinn Fein agenda.

#notanormalparty

• Advertisement

Was it advice or the law? I know our politicians attended a funeral around the same time too. Either way it was bad form and sent the wrong message. It's old news TBH.

It is our politican's job to attend a State funeral. Remember you were allowed travel for work purposes.

Attending a criminal thug's funeral is not anyone's job.

I agree. Huge mistake and lessins were learned like elsewhere.
    Funerals still causing issue all over the country.

I agree. Huge mistake and lessins were learned like elsewhere.
    Funerals still causing issue all over the country.

Whoooooy. ?

Your lot would seem to be quite fond
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramilitary_punishment_attacks_in_Northern_Ireland

Are they still tarring and feathering any young girl who associates with Catholics?

Do you really think that one community was more guilty than the other on this? The ira were particularly keen on kangaroo courts followed by brutal torture and assassination

It would be old news if they weren’t doing it regularly. Sf elected reps at another illegal funeral gathering this week. And public invite to everyone with the closing message ‘up the ra’

I understand it was law, see link.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/stormont-quietly-changed-funeral-law-just-48-hours-after-michelle-oneill-breach-2905778%3famp

Whoooooy. ?

Why? Well I understand why, it is a difficult time for people and I'd have enough empathy to understand why. Can you not at least tryyyyyy too?

It would be old news if they weren’t doing it regularly. Sf elected reps at another illegal funeral gathering this week. And public invite to everyone with the closing message ‘up the ra’

I was speaking on the Storey funeral. Are they breaking the law or advice? Not condoning it.
    I had heard SF members had former IRA in their ranks all right.

Edit: Saw your link. Yeah looks like the Storey one flouted advice but no law was broken.

It is our politican's job to attend a State funeral. Remember you were allowed travel for work purposes.

Former FG TD sitting in his car waiting to be seen for the funeral of a convicted sex offender three weeks ago,
    How do you feel about that?

Former FG TD sitting in his car waiting to be seen for the funeral of a convicted sex offender three weeks ago,

Who was that?

• Advertisement

Who was that?

Only one former up here, could believe the number lined along the road for the guy, didnt make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Only one former up here, could believe the number lined along the road for the guy, didnt make sense

So who was it?

So who was it?

I'm sure they'll release a statement

Still pedaling that? It's a politician's job to flout covid restrictions? They were all wrong if one was wrong. Covid doesn't care what the politics is.
    You can't attend a funeral unless it is an IRA funeral.

Very like the way that the rules changed in Animal Farm.

The Orwellian Sinn Fein agenda.

#notanormalparty

Do you read what you post? You are the only one making a distinction.

Still pedaling that? It's a politician's job to flout covid restrictions? They were all wrong if one was wrong. Covid doesn't care what the politics is.

Do you read what you post? You are the only one making a distinction.

Parody and sarcasm are lost on some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Who was this, and why do you continue to make these insidious lowballing comments, without proof mind.

It is very easy to spread fake nonsense, which seems to be a habit of yours.

Parody and sarcasm are lost on some people.

You were wryly suggesting it's one rule for some. To quote Newman and Badiel's 'History Today', "that's you that is".

markodaly wrote: »
    Who was this, and why do you continue to make these insidious lowballing comments, without proof mind.

You have never reached a conclusion and a verdict on foot of an allegation mark?
    You really going to take the high moral ground here?

markodaly wrote: »

Not fake ,look up RIP.ie from around 2 weeks ago, put the names in Google and see what comes up, , you know who he is its not the first time the association has been made, I'm sure the usual statement is ready for the media

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Thread

here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement