Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

No Truth. You need to listen.

I didn't vote for SF in a GE until the previous one. Not until I was personally certain that they were committed to democratic politics.

I always accepted that former members of the IRA would be in SF.

I am a supporter of no particular party and have voted for almost all of them in my time.

The conflict/war is over for SF, long ago IMO.

You continue on visiting your retribution on new members and old. It won't bring anybody back.
    One of the things I always agreed with SF on is the toxicity of partition. I have been proved right on that with Brexit and Covid, not to mention the conflict/war it started.
    I will continue to ally myself to those working to end it, be that SF, FF or FG etc.

As before think partition is actually a good thing at this point. Plus not "visiting retribution". Just not happy to put people who behaved in such a sub human manner or their supporters in charge of anything - particularly when they refuse to accept responsibility but claim they had "no choice". Also do not believe that the criminal element is gone. No doubt Jonathan Dowdall felt he had "no choice" but to torture someone to pick the most recent example I can "prove".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Truthvader wrote: »
    As before think partition is actually a good thing at this point. Plus not "visiting retribution". Just not happy to put people who behaved in such a sub human manner or their supporters in charge of anything - particularly when they refuse to accept responsibility but claim they had "no choice". Also do not believe that the criminal element is gone. No doubt Jonathan Dowdall felt he had "no choice" but to torture someone to pick the most recent example I can "prove".

did the para's have 'no choice' on bloody sunday? Or where they bad apples?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

grayzer75 wrote: »
    You made a lot of claims in your post but have yet to back them up, enough said.

I can repost them if you want.

Storey was a member of the IRA nutting squad. The squad were known for their creative approaches to torture - castration, electrocution, removal of ears and fingernails. They also shot an innocent 15 year old Catholic boy with a learning disability though the head. His name was Bernard Teggart. You can read more about his savage murder online.

SF leadership and members called one of the men involved in that atrocity ‘a fine Republican’. They wouldn’t know Irish Republicanism if it bit them on the ankle.

If you are going to support SF then you should find out about the sort of people they worship. It mightn’t be pleasant stuff to hear, but SF are a deeply unpleasantly party.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As before think partition is actually a good thing at this point.

Well off you go and find a political party that you can ally with and support on that one.

The DUP,
    The UUP,
    The TUV.

Storey was a member of the IRA nutting squad. The squad were known for their creative approaches to torture - castration, electrocution, removal of ears and fingernails. They also shot an innocent 15 year old Catholic boy with a learning disability though the head. His name was Bernard Teggart. You can read more about his savage murder online.

SF leadership and members called one of the men involved in that atrocity ‘a fine Republican’. They wouldn’t know Irish Republicanism if it bit them on the ankle.

If you are going to support SF then you should find out about the sort of people they worship. It mightn’t be pleasant stuff to hear, but SF are a deeply unpleasantly party.

wheres that say anything about SF bussing loads of people to a funeral?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

So have you evidence or not, still waiting.......

maccored wrote: »
    did the para's have 'no choice' on bloody sunday? Or where they bad apples?

Nope they were murderers. Should be in prison long with Glennane Gang, Gerry Adams and the rest of the criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You want me to repost pictures of Storey’s funeral, Facebook posts of fat men from Tipperary, Dublin and Wexford that were driven up in buses during lockdown, and the fact that Storey wasn’t even in the coffin when they were taking selfies at his graveyard?

Lockdown in Ireland was lifted on Monday June 29th, Storeys funeral was Tues June 30th John.

Been covered already.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Show us the evidence so, or is it more of the usual ****e you spout on here......

Tell me which parts of his post you dispute. There have been plenty of evidence presented about all of it, so I am not going to go over it again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bobby-storey-the-ira-s-planner-and-enforcer-who-stayed-in-the-shadows-1.4292981

"Storey probably is best known for the 2004 Northern Bank robbery."

"a beating delivered by Storey to another republican who had dared to challenge the Adams-McGuinness leadership at one of key moments in the peace process."

As nasty a man that ever lived.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Tell me which parts of his post you dispute. There have been plenty of evidence presented about all of it, so I am not going to go over it again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bobby-storey-the-ira-s-planner-and-enforcer-who-stayed-in-the-shadows-1.4292981

"a beating delivered by Storey to another republican who had dared to challenge the Adams-McGuinness leadership at one of key moments in the peace process."

See above - his post fell at the first hurdle blanch. Claiming people were bussed up during lockdown is a lie for starters, the rest can be disregarded on that lie alone.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Lockdown in Ireland was lifted on Monday June 29th, Storeys funeral was Tues June 30th John.

Been covered already.

The regulations for funerals in the North were not changed until the evening of Tuesday June 30th.

Only 30 people were allowed at outdoor gatherings at the time. The political rally in the graveyard exceeded that.

See above - his post fell at the first hurdle blanch. Claiming people were bussed up during lockdown is a lie for starters, the rest can be disregarded on that lie alone.

McMURPHY!!! I told you before, when it comes to SF allegations are enough for our democrats and partitionists! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Still no evidence to the post in question, ah well not to worry.

Nope they were murderers. Should be in prison long with Glennane Gang, Gerry Adams and the rest of the criminals

are you saying adams is a murderer? shouldnt you be presenting that info to the guards?

No more than claiming that there was no difference with the Garda funeral is a lie?

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/storey-funeral-a-reminder-that-ira-army-council-runs-sinn-f%C3%A9in-1.4294619

"As for social distancing, the behaviour of mourners at the Storey funeral was simply another demonstration by republicans of their belief that they are above the law. It was in marked contrast to the muted dignity at the recent State funeral for the murdered Garda Det Colm Horkan.

President Higgins and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar were among the many mourners unable to attend because of social distancing guidelines. Instead the President paid remote tribute to the killed garda by sounding the peace bell at Áras an Uachtaráin as the funeral started, while Varadkar went to Garda headquarters to show his solidarity by observing a minute’s silence in company with members of the force."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-53275733

"Lockdown regulations state a maximum of 30 people are allowed to gather together outdoors.

The regulations, as they were in place on the day of the funeral, also state that people can leave their homes to attend the funeral of a friend if no close family member or member of their household is attending.

People may also leave their home to "visit a burial ground to pay respects to a member of your household or your family member of a friend".

A number of Mr Storey's family attended his funeral.

The regulations say if you have to leave home you should maintain a distance of at least 1m from anyone outside your household.

The deputy first minister told a Stormont committee on Wednesday that Requiem Masses were now possible due to this week's reopening of places of worship.

However, guidance on religious services issued to faith leaders last week stipulated that this did not apply to weddings, baptisms or funerals.

Updated guidance, seen by BBC News NI on Wednesday and published on the Department of Health website on Thursday, said funeral services could now be conducted in a place of worship.

"The size and circumstances of the venue will determine the maximum number that can attend the service safely whilst observing social distancing of at least 2m, wherever possible," it continued.

"It is recommended that face coverings are used for indoor services."

As I pointed out already, updated guidance on funerals was not issued until the day after the Storey funeral.

For you to be correct on the bussing in, not only do we have to disregard your other lies about the funeral, we also have to assume that the men in white spontaneously appeared from the immediate locality to line the streets. Pigs will fly quicker.

you should have a chat with johnnyflash and see if between yous, you can provide the info showing SF bussed loads of 'fat' people up

are you saying adams is a murderer? shouldnt you be presenting that info to the guards?

Let us await the civil court case being taken by the McConville family goes.

as we should - why is truthvader saying hes a murderer and how does you butting in explain that?

No more than claiming that there was no difference with the Garda funeral is a lie?

So now you're saying mourners at Garda Horkans funeral actually did break Lockdown restrictions?

Which is it :confused:

So now you're saying mourners at Garda Horkans funeral actually did break Lockdown restrictions?

Which is it :confused:

Difference between the two fully explained in the link and the extract I posted. Not confusing at all, once you read it.

• Advertisement

as we should - why is truthvader saying hes a murderer and how does you butting in explain that?

Oh, Adams is a murderer, was part of the Army Council, covered up child abuse. Now, let him sue me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Ah blanch you don't understand context.

That funeral and procession was a sort symbol of Irish Republican resistance.
    It was taking place in a community historically besieged by British troops and their Loyalist terror gangs.

IRA funerals have always been a show of force, giving two fingers to British laws in Ireland.
    There was no gun salute so there's your Peace Dividend. Be happy.

https://www.newstatesman.com/sites/default/files/styles/cropped_article_image/public/blogs_2015/08/rexfeatures_85362a.jpg?itok=Igs2qaqA

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Ah blanch you don't understand context.

That funeral and procession was a sort symbol of Irish Republican resistance.
    It was taking place in a community historically besieged by British troops and their Loyalist terror gangs.

IRA funerals have always been a show of force, giving two fingers to British laws in Ireland.
    There was no gun salute so there's your Peace Dividend. Be happy.

https://www.newstatesman.com/sites/default/files/styles/cropped_article_image/public/blogs_2015/08/rexfeatures_85362a.jpg?itok=Igs2qaqA

As McMurphy might say, the virus doesn't care for symbols of Irish Republican resistance or shows of force or giving two fingers to British laws.

It was wrong, very wrong.

Sadly a civil case at this remove is doomed.

And yes I think Adams is a murderer of the lowest, gutless and most servile kind. Directing gullible eejits and deranged sociopaths to carry out unspeakable acts on his behalf while "not being in the IRA". The big winner in the peace process though, so obviously well worth it

You could ask Eamonn Collins how Adams breezed in and out of the room when his life hung in the balance - only you cant because they decided to murder him later anyway (after the GFA Francie always runs to). Luckily it's in his book which Francie will be familiar with having read everything

Oh, Adams is a murderer, was part of the Army Council, covered up child abuse. Now, let him sue me.

why would he give a monkeys what you say? why havent you gave the guards that info btw? you know, your proof ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sadly a civil case at this remove is doomed.

And yes I think Adams is a murderer of the lowest, gutless and most servile kind. Directing gullible eejits and deranged sociopaths to carry out unspeakable acts on his behalf while "not being in the IRA". The big winner in the peace process though, so obviously well worth it

You could ask Eamonn Collins how Adams breezed in and out of the room when his life hung in the balance - only you cant because they decided to murder him later anyway (after the GFA Francie always runs to). Luckily it's in his book which Francie will be familiar with having read everything

Even SF supporters who’ve met Adams remark that there’s something very off about him. He’s a chilling sort of creature. The malignancy oozes out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

As McMurphy might say, the virus doesn't care for symbols of Irish Republican resistance or shows of force or giving two fingers to British laws.

It was wrong for the contagion yes.

But there really isn't much mileage out of this that you or FG can make.

That community in the north isn't going to change it's attitude toward the British government over this.

You only use it to admonish Mary Lou and SF generally but if you take a good look, the public mood is not on your party's side here.
    SF and those ordinary ppl at the funeral aren't part of the Golden Circle like golfgate. The context is very different.

Let's run another GE and see where the chips fall.

Yes. They got it wrong, like many others at other events since this began.

The thought occurred this morning that had the GAA over exuberance in Cork happened in Mary Lou's constituency or in the north the jollies of the high moral ground you guys would be getting with it would have been good to read. :)

Even SF supporters who’ve met Adams remark that there’s something very off about him. He’s a chilling sort of creature. The malignancy oozes out of him.

Yeh, I've heard the same said about Leo, must be a politician thing?

• Advertisement

The regulations for funerals in the North were not changed until the evening of Tuesday June 30th.

Only 30 people were allowed at outdoor gatherings at the time. The political rally in the graveyard exceeded that.

Funeral restrictions are not the same as a lockdown, the lockdown being lifted meant people were no longer restricted to a certain number of km from his or her home, hence why I called it out. Try again.
    Difference between the two fully explained in the link and the extract I posted. Not confusing at all, once you read it.

Where ?

Can you help me out because I don't see the "differences"

Garda Horkans funeral actually did take place during lockdown though, that's irrefutable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement