Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

BluePlanet wrote: »
    It was wrong for the contagion yes.

But there really isn't much mileage out of this that you or FG can make.

That community in the north isn't going to change it's attitude toward the British government over this.

You only use it to admonish Mary Lou and SF generally but if you take a good look, the public mood is not on your party's side here.
    SF and those ordinary ppl at the funeral aren't part of the Golden Circle like golfgate. The context is very different.

Let's run another GE and see where the chips fall.

"those ordinary ppl"???

Are you referring to the pathetic bargain basement stormtroopers lining the streets?

Agree the covid aspect to the pretendy funeral is irrelevant in the face of the more serious concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Seeing as halloween is coming up, I was thinking we might actually create some genuine scares if we dress up as a Sunday Businness Post Poll showing the shinners doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Odhinn wrote: »
    Seeing as halloween is coming up, I was thinking we might actually create some genuine scares if we dress up as a Sunday Businness Post Poll showing the shinners doing well.

Or as Gerry Kelly, Slab Murphy, and Grizzly Adams . The glass eye, beard, maybe a few shovels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Truthvader wrote: »
    Sadly a civil case at this remove is doomed.

And yes I think Adams is a murderer of the lowest, gutless and most servile kind. Directing gullible eejits and deranged sociopaths to carry out unspeakable acts on his behalf while "not being in the IRA". The big winner in the peace process though, so obviously well worth it

You could ask Eamonn Collins how Adams breezed in and out of the room when his life hung in the balance - only you cant because they decided to murder him later anyway (after the GFA Francie always runs to). Luckily it's in his book which Francie will be familiar with having read everything

Even the Irish Times agrees that Collins was murdered by dissident republicans - a crowd you seem mad to give oxygen to.
    PS - would that be the same Collins who as a member of the PIRA was responsible for at least five deaths (that they know of)? A bit hypocritical of you to say the least!

Yeh, I've heard the same said about Leo, must be a politician thing?

Nah, not really. Leo is a sound skin. But of a shy geek sort if you were to label him as anything. Even Mary Lou likes him. She probably prefers him on a personal level to Adams. Adams was deeply unpopular amongst even SF TDS and their parliamentary assistants during the last and previous Dáil, apart from his mates Ellis, Ferris, etc. AsI said, there’s something deeply and fundamentally ‘off’ about him. Being in his company gives people the shivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

"those ordinary ppl"???

Are you referring to the pathetic bargain basement stormtroopers lining the streets?

Agree the covid aspect to the pretendy funeral is irrelevant in the face of the more serious concerns

Yeah they are just ordinary people.
    You got some sort of evidence that they aren't?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/5eb9b/39329930.ece/AUTOCROP/w800/2020-07-01_new_60050729_I1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Funeral restrictions are not the same as a lockdown, the lockdown being lifted meant people were no longer restricted to a certain number of km from his or her home, hence why I called it out. Try again.

Only essential travel was allowed. Funerals in the North were restricted to 30. Those travelling to the funeral from here broke advice and regulations.

Nah, not really. Leo is a sound skin. But of a shy geek sort if you were to label him as anything. Even Mary Lou likes him. She probably prefers him on a personal level to Adams. Adams was deeply unpopular amongst even SF TDS and their parliamentary assistants during the last and previous Dáil, apart from his mates Ellis, Ferris, etc. AsI said, there’s something deeply and fundamentally ‘off’ about him. Being in his company gives people the shivers.

Just typical of Francie to throw that one at Leo, I bet he had never met the man.

I have met Leo around Dublin 15, as you say, a shy but pleasant man, with a sense of humour. My encounter with Adams was of a completely different nature, not something I want to repeat, felt my skin crawl for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

blanch152 wrote: »
    Just typical of Francie to throw that one at Leo, I bet he had never met the man.

I have met Leo around Dublin 15, as you say, a shy but pleasant man, with a sense of humour. My encounter with Adams was of a completely different nature, not something I want to repeat, felt my skin crawl for weeks.

They say The Bearded One can be banished by blessed salt and water.

jm08 wrote: »
    Even the Irish Times agrees that Collins was murdered by dissident republicans - a crowd you seem mad to give oxygen to.
    PS - would that be the same Collins who as a member of the PIRA was responsible for at least five deaths (that they know of)? A bit hypocritical of you to say the least!

Yep, that's the same man. A man who carried out dreadful crimes but genuinely repented of them afterwards and at least made some effort to re-dress the balance by telling the truth about what he and others had done without seeking personal advantage

Got the usual Sinn Fein reward for speaking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Yep, that's the same man. A man who carried out dreadful crimes but genuinely repented of them afterwards and at least made some effort to re-dress the balance by telling the truth about what he and others had done without seeking personal advantage

Got the usual Sinn Fein reward for speaking out.

watch them rose tinted glasses dont fall off whilst riding your high horse. they'll break from that height

Odhinn wrote: »
    They say The Bearded One can be banished by blessed salt and water.

A bit like how he banished his brother over the border to continue working with children after his own niece came to him to tell him her father was a child abuser?

Strong smell of sulphur off that one.

A bit like how he banished his brother over the border to continue working with children after his own niece came to him to tell him her father was a child abuser?

more waffle. adams confronted his brother in 1987. according to the timeline provided by the bbc it wasnt until a decade later that his brother was working in dundalk. Can you show something to back up that adams moved him to the south in the late 80s - two things there - one that gerry adams made that decision for his brother and that he did it at that time?

Im betting - going by your past lack of answers, that you cant

• Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have met both blanch.
    Leo is aloof. Could be construed as strange had he not the gang around him.
    Adams the same, would not call them all that different tbh.

Now if you wanted to be sensational....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Only essential travel was allowed. Funerals in the North were restricted to 30. Those travelling to the funeral from here broke advice and regulations.

"Only essential travel" what in under jaysis are you talking about anyway? , the Lockdown restrictions were lifted on June 29th and why did you cut the other half of my post off?

But seeing as you did, going by what you posted above - are you now suggesting there was widespread social distancing guidelines being flouted at Garda Horkans funeral, and also the lockdown measures that were still active for his funeral, they were broken too?

You're kind of tying yourself up in knots here blanch. It's quite funny actually.

maccored wrote: »
    more waffle. adams confronted his brother in 1987. according to the timeline provided by the bbc it wasnt until a decade later that his brother was working in dundalk. Can you show something to back up that adams moved him to the south in the late 80s - two things there - one that gerry adams made that decision for his brother and that he did it at that time?

Adams knew his brother was a child abuser, had moved to Dundalk, was working with children, and even had him as his election agent when he first ran for the Dáil in Louth.

You lads are starting to sound like religious sorts attempting to excuse the actions of clergy. Protect the organisation and its structures at all costs.

Long term that doesn’t work out. Thankfully.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Yeah they are just ordinary people.
    You got some sort of evidence that they aren't?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/5eb9b/39329930.ece/AUTOCROP/w800/2020-07-01_new_60050729_I1.JPG

Think your photo does the job, capturing the "budget mafia" sense of occasion.

https://sluggerotoole.com/2010/01/16/liam-adams-timeline/

That time a decade later, is that when Gerry was attending the christening of one of Liam’s children in Dundalk?

The Slugger O'Toole timeline is highly referenced, and as it says "Before Sinn Féin’s, and Gerry Adams’, story changes again I thought I’d try to tie down some facts about where Liam Adams was, and when."

Either you have been suckered by one of Gerry's twists and turns, have failed to educate yourself on the timeline, or are just defending him for the sake of defending him.

Think your photo does the job, capturing the "budget mafia" sense of occasion.

Incidentally, that photo shows more than 30 in the funeral party, another lie from Sinn Fein shown up.

Incidentally, that photo shows more than 30 in the funeral party, another lie from Sinn Fein shown up.

It wasn't a funeral; remember. Hard to keep up I know

• Advertisement

It wasn't a funeral; remember. Hard to keep up I know

So if it "wasn't a funeral" and lockdown was lifted the day previous, no problem so:confused:

McMurphy wrote: »
    "Only essential travel" what in under jaysis are you talking about anyway? , the Lockdown restrictions were lifted on June 29th and why did you cut the other half of my post off?

But seeing as you did, going by what you posted above - are you now suggesting there was widespread social distancing guidelines being flouted at Garda Horkans funeral, and also the lockdown measures that were still active for his funeral, they were broken too?

You're kind of tying yourself up in knots here blanch. It's quite funny actually.

Explain to me again how many were in the graveyard for the political rally while the body was being cremated elsewhere? And explain how that was allowed within the regulations.

You seem to enjoy talking about Garda Horkans funeral, why don't you start a thread about it.

Explain to me again how many were in the graveyard for the political rally while the body was being cremated elsewhere? And explain how that was allowed within the regulations.

You seem to enjoy talking about Garda Horkans funeral, why don't you start a thread about it.

Dafuq you talking about :confused:you brought the Garda funeral into it here
    No more than claiming that there was no difference with the Garda funeral is a lie?

You told blatant lies repeatedly, hoping no one would call you out (essential travel though the lockdown was lifted my backside:D)

You implied something was different than the other - and when asked to clarify - come up with the scutter above?

Just the same auld shyte through numerous threads. When called out you will just blatantly lie or unashamedly cry foul using spurious "racist/homophobic insinuations"

Waffle, absolute waffle and how the mods let you off with it is something I'll never understand.

Adams knew his brother was a child abuser, had moved to Dundalk, was working with children, and even had him as his election agent when he first ran for the Dáil in Louth.

You lads are starting to sound like religious sorts attempting to excuse the actions of clergy. Protect the organisation and its structures at all costs.

Long term that doesn’t work out. Thankfully.

So that last post was waffle then too. one minute Adams 'banished' his brother south, the next minute its his brother 'had moved to Dundalk'.

Such sensationalist claptrap. Get a job with the Mirror - they love that kind of rubbish.

https://sluggerotoole.com/2010/01/16/liam-adams-timeline/

That time a decade later, is that when Gerry was attending the christening of one of Liam’s children in Dundalk?

The Slugger O'Toole timeline is highly referenced, and as it says "Before Sinn Féin’s, and Gerry Adams’, story changes again I thought I’d try to tie down some facts about where Liam Adams was, and when."

Either you have been suckered by one of Gerry's twists and turns, have failed to educate yourself on the timeline, or are just defending him for the sake of defending him.

once again you butt in to a comment not aimed at you, and once again you miss the initial point.

where in your meanderings there, do you outline where Adams 'banished' his brother south?

Answer: you didnt address the actual point at all. Instead you give me a link to a blogger. Well done.

once again you butt in to a comment not aimed at you, and once again you miss the initial point.

where in your meanderings there, do you outline where Adams 'banished' his brother south?

Answer: you didnt address the actual point at all. Instead you give me a link to a blogger. Well done.

The impression left by your post is that Adams had nothing to with his brother after 1987. That lie is exposed in the timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

David Culinane in “everything is wrong” interview shocker.
    The most pathetic populist on the Irish scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

David Culinane in “everything is wrong” interview shocker.
    The most pathetic populist on the Irish scene

David thinks we are all confused just because he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

David thinks we are all confused just because he is

He needs to keep on pushing a narrative about being confused by government messaging even prior to the government making a statement on the topic.

Yes David, you won’t know what the government is going to do until the cabinet meet, make a decision & make a statement on it.

His predictable nonsense would drive you cracked, he’s the bar stool, wannabe RA member who cried wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He needs to keep on pushing a narrative about being confused by government messaging even prior to the government making a statement on the topic.

Yes David, you won’t know what the government is going to do until the cabinet meet, make a decision & make a statement on it.

His predictable nonsense would drive you cracked, he’s the bar stool, wannabe RA member who cried wolf

NPHET are a branch of government and the confused the entire country last night because they cannot (the entire government) get their act together on the messaging and communication.
    Can anyone tell me what the point of the back and forth was today? Totally avoidable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement