Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They aren't. They are a branch of the public service.

Citizen-Combined_0.png?itok=Kwr-__63

Which are at the service of the government, not the other way around.

'mon Johnny...asked a few times now, what was the benefit of all the stress and worry for people and business today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

NPHET are a branch of government and the confused the entire country last night because they cannot (the entire government) get their act together on the messaging and communication.
    Can anyone tell me what the point of the back and forth was today? Totally avoidable.

Someone from NPHET was leaking info, hardly the Governments fault.

Culinane on Claire Byrne now- let’s see if he actually gives a recommendation on what level SF wants the country to go to or will he just talk in circles & say everything is wrong without offering anything constructive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Which are at the service of the government, not the other way around.

'mon Johnny...asked a few times now, what was the benefit of all the stress and worry for people and business today?

It shouldn't have been leaked. Leo said as much during his very strong interview this evening.

I'm sure the worry has been appeased slightly now that hundreds of thousands of people haven't lost their jobs this evening.

Even though we will move to Level 4 or Level 5 in time. Of that I've no doubt.

Someone from NPHET was leaking info, hardly the Governments fault.

They briefed journalists.

There was a problem and they are fighting it out in public...Leo just let us know there on CB. 'They need to get back on the same page', why do it in public. Ridiculous.

It shouldn't have been leaked. Leo said as much during his very strong interview this evening.

I'm sure the worry has been appeased slightly now that hundreds of thousands of people haven't lost their jobs this evening.

Even though we will move to Level 4 or Level 5 in time. Of that I've no doubt.

What NPHET were going to recommend has been known about before the cabinet meeting all along.

• Advertisement

They briefed journalists.

There was a problem and they are fighting it out in public...Leo just let us know there on CB. 'They need to get back on the same page', why do it in public. Ridiculous.

Direct question to Culinane: what level did you want to go to?
    Answer: usual pathetic flip flopping sh*te

How you can think he has any credibility is beyond me.

Knows all the problems but none of the solutions

David Cullinane wants everything. The lad is a complete spoofer. Where did they get him?

Feck sake a senior member of FF saying it now too. Shambles.

Direct question to Culinane: what level did you want to go to?
    Answer: usual pathetic flip flopping sh*te

No...I heard him say he isn't privvy to the information the advice is based on.

Something wrong with your telly?

SF should publish their plan for the Republic. Seems they have discovered a magic money tree.

• Advertisement

My telly is fine- the information on NEPHETs modelling is available along with all information on hospital admissions, capacity, etc.

Usual crap from Culinane, as I said- knows all the problems but none of the solutions.

My telly is fine- the information on NEPHETs modelling is available along with all information on hospital admissions, capacity, etc.

Usual crap from Culinane, as I said- knows all the problems but none of the solutions.

Cullinane wasn't at the cabinet meeting...jaysus you are stretching it out now.

Meanwhile Leo has put his foot in it again, you all better man the barricades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Just typical of Francie to throw that one at Leo, I bet he had never met the man.

I have met Leo around Dublin 15, as you say, a shy but pleasant man, with a sense of humour. My encounter with Adams was of a completely different nature, not something I want to repeat, felt my skin crawl for weeks.

Ya attacking a dead woman's husband on the day of her death. Could see you two being of similar character alright.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/kelly-criticises-crass-statement-issued-behalf-tanaiste-ruth-morrisseys-death-1048787

Cullinane wasn't at the cabinet meeting...jaysus you are stretching it out now.

Meanwhile Leo has put his foot in it again, you all better man the barricades.

Couldn’t care about Leo- this is the SF thread.

Mary Lou is claiming on Twitter that SF have made recommendations & suggestions!
    Has she not told Culinane? Or was he confused by those aswell?

Mary Lou is claiming on Twitter that SF have made recommendations & suggestions!

No idea, send her or him an email?

No idea, send her or him an email?

I don’t need to send them an email- it’s fairly obvious that either Mary Lou is lying about making recommendations & suggestions or that Culinane is lying in his interview about them not being made

SF seem a bit muddled here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Last suggestion from the gabulous Mary Lou was "Open all rhe Pubs"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Truthvader wrote: »

Losing a lot of money on the protection rackets with them shut.

The plan is not to have a plan, but to say lots of things, and then say you had a plan afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The letter from NPHET has been published. What more does he need? A translation? A help with the big words?

He is an ignorant fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

A translation? A help with the big words?

He is an ignorant fool.

there! I knew there was a Green in there somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

SF should publish their plan for the Republic. Seems they have discovered a magic money tree.

https://www.sinnfein.ie/a-republic-for-all-policy

maccored wrote: »
    there! I knew there was a Green in there somewhere!

:D:D:D well spotted...finally a Green opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The plan is not to have a plan, but to say lots of things, and then say you had a plan afterwards.
    So... the same as every single politician?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Well that's a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Well that's a lie

Nope. Caught out again

See "Fine Gale just do nothing" thread where someone has helpfully posted Mary Lou's front page cry to open all the pubs. Its on September 18th

Really appreciate if someone could re-post it as the Sinn Fein team are not repeatedly lying about this

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nope. Caught out again

See "Fine Gale just do nothing" thread where someone has helpfully posted Mary Lou's front page cry to open all the pubs. Its on September 18th

Really appreciate if someone could re-post it as the Sinn Fein team are not repeatedly lying about this

No point, they will say it is taken out of context or some such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No point, they will say it is taken out of context or some such nonsense.

Truth got blown out of the water with the actual podcast from the show.

Regardless, here comes blanch rowing in his life dinghy to try to rescue him, looks like the dinghy has a puncture though.

Swim blanch, swim. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    Truth got blown out of the water with the actual podcast from the show.

Regardless, here comes blanch rowing in his life dinghy to try to rescue him, looks like the dinghy has a puncture though.

Swim blanch, swim. :D

Gas to watch Mc. Truth out of his/her depth and floundering and along comes another non swimmer to try a rescue. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Gas to watch Mc. Truth out of his/her depth and floundering and along comes another non swimmer to try a rescue. :)

They chose a fairly silly rock to cling to imo, odds on the pair of them "don't ever get time" to listen to the podcast.

Are they Clueless or deliberately misrepresenting something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement