Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Why is that the case? Because of the issues surrounding partition.

You do know that partition is just the physical manifestation of the fact that there are the guts of 1 million people living in the North who call themselves British.
    You can remove that line in the map if all your fantasy dreams if you want, but those people will still be living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I see Conor Murphy is appealing to the Tory government in London to help him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Gas to watch Mc. Truth out of his/her depth and floundering and along comes another non swimmer to try a rescue. :)

Its looks as if you have convinced each other anyway which is nice.

Everyone else can go back to post on the 18th September and see for themselves

No need for invasion. Peacekeeping would have filled the vacuum.

Yes, I am sure the British government would have been fine with a foreign army taking over parts of the UK, proclaiming themselves as a peacekeeping force.

This is what Russia did in Ukraine.

I have heard you come out with some comedy gold, but this one definitely makes the top 3. :D:D:D:D

Truthvader wrote: »
    Last suggestion from the gabulous Mary Lou was "Open all rhe Pubs"

Yesterday evening the Labour leader, Alan Kelly, was demanding explanations. This morning, Mary Lou was on the radio saying that as leader of the opposition, she would be demanding answers in the Dail today. I think Alan stole her thunder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

markodaly wrote: »
    You do know that partition is just the physical manifestation of the fact that there are the guts of 1 million people living in the North who call themselves British.
    You can remove that line in the map if all your fantasy dreams if you want, but those people will still be living there.

Having Ireland as a prosperous, safe, and accepting society has done more for the cause of a UI than fake funerals, lads going around with a loaf on their head, or Gerry 'Kneecap' Kelly tweeting about how proud he was the day he was involved in an incident where he stabbed someone.

SF don't know the meaning of the word Republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No **** Mark.

You do know there were 'Unionists/people who identified as British' living all over Ireland at the time too? Partition disrupted their lives too.

What kind of blindness do you need to suffer from to look at the 100 years of partition and call it a good idea? Seriously, you aren't going to be overrun by the 'shinner disease' to have a sense of perspective not to mention a basic grasp of reality to admit it was good for nobody. Do you think the sense of siege that unionists live under is healthy for instance?
    '

To be fair Francie has embraced the GFA so at least has to be seen to support partition as long as a majority want it. Sadly given his childish nationalist beliedf that everything will be perfect forever once partition is gone the likelihood of unionists voluntarily joining a United Ireland have been set back for generations thanks to the murderous antics of his heroes who "had no choice"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

To be fair Francie has embraced the GFA so at least has to be seen to support partition as long as a majority want it. Sadly given his childish nationalist beliedf that everything will be perfect forever once partition is gone the likelihood of unionists voluntarily joining a United Ireland have been set back for generations thanks to the murderous antics of his heroes who "had no choice"

is it desperation that makes you post crap like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Jaysus the FFG bots are out in force today lol

• Advertisement

We'll never know, over 3000 people died because they didn't take up the role they were constitutionally mandated to - protect their people even if it meant death.

Christ, you should really stop sometimes and listen to yourself when the mask slips Francie. You come across as unhinged and someone with an Irish Republican blood sacrifice like Pearse, as if death and blood doesn't matter, 'so long as the North was secured for the Irish'.

Talk about protecting its people is an age old trope used by many including a certain Adolf Hitler when he went on about the Sudeten Germans, he is even quoted in saying, what is an army for, but to wage war.
    That is your brethren in this fight Francie..

The mask slips rarely oh but when it does...

TLDR, only a lunatic would calmy say the Irish Army should have invaded the North.

I have said it many times: I believe...from actually knowing many many Unionists that the majority of them are moderates and democrats and will join a UI and get on with it if a majority decide that is what they want. Just as they have with the Anglo Irish Agreement and the GFA itself and the many moves to normalise society in the north and the distribution of rights. Belligerent Unionism can only muster handfuls of protesters in the upstairs rooms of pubs for that reason.

UNLIKE SOME, they (moderate Unionists) read the GFA and knew exactly what they were signing up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Christ, you should really stop sometimes and listen to yourself when the mask slips Francie. You come across as unhinged and someone with an Irish Republican blood sacrifice like Pearse, as if death and blood doesn't matter, 'so long as the North was secured for the Irish'.

Talk about protecting its people is an age old trope used by many including a certain Adolf Hitler when he went on about the Sudeten Germans, he is even quoted in saying, what is an army for, but to wage war.

TLDR, only a lunatic would calmy say the Irish Army should have invaded the North.

Godwin was right

Mark...I never said they should have 'invaded' the north.

No **** Mark.

You do know there were 'Unionists/people who identified as British' living all over Ireland at the time too? Partition disrupted their lives too.

What kind of blindness do you need to suffer from to look at the 100 years of partition and call it a good idea? Seriously, you aren't going to be overrun by the 'shinner disease' to have a sense of perspective not to mention a basic grasp of reality to admit it was good for nobody. Do you think the sense of siege that unionists live under is healthy for instance?
    '

Eh?? At least make some token effort to address the facts. In 1914 the UVF imported 25,000 rifles in response to the Home Rule agenda. Partition was put in place because the majority in the 6 counties did not want to be part of a United Ireland and were prepared to fight a Civil War to avoid it. No bullcrap invasion or "peace mission" from the South was going to force them

What kind of blindness do you need to suffer from to look at the 100 years of partition and call it a good idea?

I have made mince meat over your argument and your own "What if's" of history here.
    There is simply no way, other than a huge civil war between the Irish Free State/ Irish Volunteers and the Ulster Volunteers that could have avoided parition.

Ill say it again.

PARTITION WAS INEVITABLE.

You even accepted it as such once, but then u-turned quickly.

I know you are on record stating that Collins and Co. should have done 'what ever it took', to secure the North, including rejecting the treaty, war, ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Thankfully, they were not lunatics, crazy or had some deep yearnig for a blood sacrifice that many an old Provo or modern key board warriors have today.
    Your thinking is very much of the New IRA mould tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Its looks as if you have convinced each other anyway which is nice.

Everyone else can go back to post on the 18th September and see for themselves

I see you are living in denial, I'll save your ears - but you'll have to use your eyes this time instead.

RTE Sept 18th
    Earlier, Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald said that restaurants and pubs serving food should stay open in Dublin Dublin as they have behaved responsibly and created controlled environments for minimising the spread of Covid-19.

Ms McDonald said that unless evidence and data shows otherwise, it is not proportionate to close down these services and maintain public support for public health restrictions.

Code 10-53 man down, I repeat, man down. :eek:

They may have and they might not have. I don't think Wilson would have.

You honestly think a UK Prime Minister would have done 'nothing' in the event that a foreign army has taken over parts of the United Kingdom?
    This is a nuclear power and one of the permanent members of the UN security councils.

Christ, you actually are so out of touch with reality and know nothing.

I have made mince meat over your argument and your own "What if's" of history here.

Have a wee lie down to yourself there Mark.

You just kept shouting the one thing during that debate.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

I have said it many times: I believe...from actually knowing many many Unionists that the majority of them are moderates and democrats and will join a UI and get on with it if a majority decide that is what they want. Just as they have with the Anglo Irish Agreement and the GFA itself and the many moves to normalise society in the north and the distribution of rights. Belligerent Unionism can only muster handfuls of protesters in the upstairs rooms of pubs for that reason.

UNLIKE SOME, they (moderate Unionists) read the GFA and knew exactly what they were signing up to.

Right so nothing to worry about so and all your dreams will come true in the morning ........unless you happen to be wrong and the Unionists are looking at Mary Lou and her crew and thinking "Eh......... no thanks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

In terms of what they do to the money they earn

I don't think any has an easier job than mary Lou

Odhinn wrote: »
    What would you have done?

Not joined an illegal terrorist organisation that killed babies, toddlers and women with bombs for one.

This whole myth that the men of the North had no choice but to join the PIRA is that, a myth. That is with people like Hume and Mallon are such a threat now they are dead, they need to keep up the pressure.

The proof is in the pudding. The SDLP consistently outpolled SF over the course of the troubles meaning that the wider nationalist community supported the peaceful efforts for peace and civil rights led by the SDLP, not the murderous campaign by the SF/PIRA.

More facts. None of the demands and I mean NONE of the demands of the PIRA in the early '70s were met.

Last Fact. The British Army is still in the North and it is still ruled by Westminister.

So, what was the PIRA up to then for 30 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see you are living in denial, I'll save your ears - but you'll have to use your eyes this time instead.

RTE Sept 18th

Code 10-53 man down, I repeat, man down. :eek:

You are not making it better for yourself. Hysterically shouting about to what extent Mary-Lou has swung around on this issue is only drawing attention to how much she swings in the wind on populist issues (and creating amusement at your efforts). Remind me again, are you and her for or against Level 5 now? Or will that be only for Thursday afternoon after a vox pop on the Sinn Fein Facebook page? It certainly seems it is all made up on the hoof.

You honestly think a UK Prime Minister would have done 'nothing' in the event that a foreign army has taken over parts of the United Kingdom?
    This is a nuclear power and one of the permanent members of the UN security councils.

Christ, you actually are so out of touch with reality and know nothing.

I never said anything about 'taking over' either Mark.

You really need to take the dodgy glasses off.

I said that when the Bogside was under siege that very clear signals should have been sent that a peacekeeping force would be sent into Derry to act as a buffer between the people and the maurading forces of the NI state.

That would have I believe (having read Wilson's thoughts and Jim Callaghan's) precipitated diplomatic moves that could have resulted in protections being put in place and a negotiated settlement of the issues.

Had the British shown then what they eventually showed with the Anglo Irish Agreement which ended the Unionist veto, very few would have died in my opinion.

Mark...I never said they should have 'invaded' the north.

Em, yes you did. Dont try and back track now with some weasel words or try and claim you meant something else by the same words.
    Its a nice trick you pull now and again when people bring up you on the nonsense you spread.

You mentioned a few times, that the Irish Army should have gone into some areas of the North to protect 'its people'. That is an invasion and would be seen as such by the British.

Eh?? At least make some token effort to address the facts. In 1914 the UVF imported 25,000 rifles in response to the Home Rule agenda. Partition was put in place because the majority in the 6 counties did not want to be part of a United Ireland and were prepared to fight a Civil War to avoid it. No bullcrap invasion or "peace mission" from the South was going to force them

If Francie was there advising Collins, it would all have been different, don't you know!! :pac:

Peace and utopia beckons! :P

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Flat-eathers and Anti-Vaxers also have opinions.

If your opinion is crazy and advocating revisionist blood sacrifice it deserves to be called out for what it is. Crazy and unhinged.

Em, yes you did. Dont try and back track now with some weasel words or try and claim you meant something else by the same words.
    Its a nice trick you pull now and again when people bring up you on the nonsense you spread.

You mentioned a few times, that the Irish Army should have gone into some areas of the North to protect 'its people'. That is an invasion and would be seen as such by the British.

Not if it is clearly signalled as temporary and peacekeeping.

Do you think seriously that the British would open fire on such a mission? They were under severe pressure as it was.

Read the material Mark. It is clear to me that like Truth you haven't.

And I think you know that and that is why you are heavily invested in misrepresenting what I have said. Stock behaviour for you guys.

I said that when the Bogside was under siege that very clear signals should have been sent that a peacekeeping force would be sent into Derry to act as a buffer between the people and the maurading forces of the NI state.

Sending in a foreign army to fix the 'peace' would have been seen as an invasion, both by the British and by international law.

Lets play the game so of "Francie What if"
    Say they were serious, should it have been unilateral action or should they have gone in under the UN umbrella? How could Ireland have convinced the British not to veto the UN?

Go on... lets go.. :D

• Advertisement

Flat-eathers and Anti-Vaxers also have opinions.

If your opinion is crazy and advocating revisionist blood sacrifice it deserves to be called out for what it is. Crazy and unhinged.

You, like me, have no way of proving what you said. Both are 'opinions' therefore.

To stand over the creation of an artificial majority and to then ignore the fact that they were changing the voting system and gerrymandering their majority in order to subjugate the minority is 'unhinged' I am afraid and as it turned out, advocated a 'blood sacrifice' that many knew would happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement