Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

There’s a strong overlap between the conspiracy theorist, racist, anti-State crowd and the SF university of life/school of hard knocks/Chucky Our Law types.

All whipped up into a frenzy on Twitter and Facebook.

you really dont know your 'opposition' at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

maccored wrote: »
    you really dont know your 'opposition' at all

I know the SF opposition is a party made up of populist nationalists who eulogise psychopaths and serial killers, and who are shown up for the chancers they are by observing what they do in NI.

I know some of their supporters are the sort of people who would struggle to put on their trousers the right way, and who latch onto any anti-establishment cause. Anti masks, anti immigrant, anti government, anti whatever you’re having yourself.

Large parts of the SF online army have gone rogue. It’s a very bad look tbh.

I know the SF opposition is a party made up of populist nationalists who eulogise psychopaths and serial killers, and who are shown up for the chancers they are by observing what they do in NI.

I know some of their supports are the sort of people who would struggle to put on their trousers the right way, and who latch onto any anti-establishment cause. Anti masks, anti immigrant, anti government, anti whatever you’re having yourself.

Large parts of the SF online army have gone rogue. It’s a very bad look tbh.

i stick to my last post as you'd really made it clear you have a bit of a messed up view

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

i stick to my last post as you'd really made it clear you have a bit of a messed up view
    Ah, scrappy doo is back.
    Time to change the subject from Francies meltdown?

Seems like we have managed to wander far from Francie's meltdown. Distraction and diversion assignment safely completed, the lads can retreat now.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Seems like we have managed to wander far from Francie's meltdown. Distraction and diversion assignment safely completed, the lads can retreat now.

what? This thread is about SF ... not Francie and the things you fancy he does. get yourself a diary and write your little fantasies down in that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

see what exactly? working class people giving out? I can see where the indo had an article trying to link the more moronic of yellow vesters with SF - people like you have lapped it up.

The general idea of the yellow vest movement in france is against an rising cost of living usually felt by the working/middle classes. In ireland it seems to stand for anything so Im sure, on the high cost of living issues etc, there'd be crossovers not just from SF, but every party.

Doesnt mean though that everything the yellow vests stand for relate to SF or vice versa. Very childish to think otherwise.
    I’m from a working class area , Parents and friends still live there. All the SF beauts I know from the area are in the yellow jackets in the videos, you know the same lads that won’t wear masks and their kids won’t wear masks all posting anti mask , anti establishment videos up on Facebook. The same lads who I grew up seeming collecting protection money , drug dealing and dishing out punishment beatings mainly to lads for dealing on their patch . Why have SF not condemned the protests. Don’t want to upset their followers that’s why .

what? This thread is about SF ... not Francie and the things you fancy he does. get yourself a diary and write your little fantasies down in that instead.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1006/1169776-northern-ireland-covid-19/

It seems like the SF government in Northern Ireland is continuing to stand idly by and dither while the people are suffering.

"The Deputy First Minister, Michelle O'Neill, has warned there are a "number of very big, tough decisions" for the Stormont Executive to take over the winter months."

Our government took the tough decisions yesterday, why haven't the SF/DUP government taken the decisions up there when they have a far worse situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

SF should use at least a handful of their 200 employees to do some QC on their posts across social media in the last week. It’s been spectacularly disjointed and hysterical. Even their own fair weather supporters appear to be getting sick of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Has Mary Lou came out against the anti mask protests organised by SF supporters - sorry yellow jacket mob ?

She’s a tank of a lass these days. You wouldn’t like to be up against her !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

there we are. thats all I need to know about truthvader

A turn of phrase to emphasise the numb nut stupidity of Francie's invasion plan and his Sinn Fein fantasy that somehow Jack Lynch's decision not to send the army in as peacekeepers or whatever was the wrong decision.

As ever with Sinn Fein "all you need to know" is wrong

• Advertisement

Piehead wrote: »
    She’s a tank of a lass these days. You wouldn’t like to be up against her !

Careful now. They're very sensitive to any comment about poor Mary Lou's appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Truthvader wrote: »
    Careful now. They're very sensitive to any comment about poor Mary Lou's appearance

It was a compliment. She a formidable lady in many ways

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It gets particularly amusing when he doubles down in the face of all the evidence that he is wrong.

There is no evidence blanch. This is a 'what if'.

The 'evidence' is in your head i.e. an overly sensitive inferiority complex and awe of the British.

As I said and you can refute it all you want, the British were feeling pressure just as much as Dublin was. Albeit for different reasons.
    Wilson even considered excluding NI from the UK.

A turn of phrase to emphasise the numb nut stupidity of Francie's invasion plan and his Sinn Fein fantasy that somehow Jack Lynch's decision not to send the army in as peacekeepers or whatever was the wrong decision.

As ever with Sinn Fein "all you need to know" is wrong

Still lying about 'invasions'...good man Truth, can always rely on you to lie when your knowledge of the actual history lets you down.

There is no evidence blanch. This is a 'what if'.

The 'evidence' is in your head i.e. an overly sensitive inferiority complex and awe of the British.

As I said and you can refute it all you want, the British were feeling pressure just as much as Dublin was. Albeit for different reasons.
    Wilson even considered excluding NI from the UK.
    Still lying about 'invasions'...good man Truth, can always rely on you to lie when your knowledge of the actual history lets you down.

When is an invasion not an invasion?

When has a permanent member of the UN Security Council ever been censored for defending against an invasion by a neighbouring country?

When has a permanent member of the UN Security Council ever been censored for invading a neighbouring country?

You need to get back to reality. If the Irish Army had invaded Northern Ireland, they would have been wiped out by the British Army in short order, who would have then set to quick work annexing territory to ensure a defendable rather than porous border. After that, from a position of power and dominance, they would have talked.

We would still be suffering today from the reprecussions.

Happy to measure my knowledge with yours any day.

In fairness you seem to have some idea as to the relevant history - and an obsessive grasp of very particular details but it is all perverted and twisted by the toxic nationalist prism through which all events are seen

When is an invasion not an invasion?

When has a permanent member of the UN Security Council ever been censored for defending against an invasion by a neighbouring country?

When has a permanent member of the UN Security Council ever been censored for invading a neighbouring country?

When has a power, like the British were in the 60's, attacked a clearly signaled peacekeeping force????

FFS

You need to get back to reality. If the Irish Army had invaded Northern Ireland, they would have been wiped out by the British Army in short order, who would have then set to quick work annexing territory to ensure a defendable rather than porous border. After that, from a position of power and dominance, they would have talked.

We would still be suffering today from the reprecussions.

Nonsense...you haven't a clue about the context either.

Waffling from a bowing and scraping deferential hat doffing sensibility.

The option taken - to do nothing was absolutely wrong, a peacekeeping mission and a firm signal that we were not actually going to stand by would have precipitated a different outcome IMO and people would not have been abandoned to their fate.

Happy to measure my knowledge with yours any day.

In fairness you seem to have some idea as to the relevant history - and an obsessive grasp of very particular details but it is all perverted and twisted by the toxic nationalist prism through which all events are seen

You have been caught out often enough on your knowledge of the context and the people involved.

Things got much much worse and intractable under Heath. As we know, the chance was gone.

I’m from a working class area , Parents and friends still live there. All the SF beauts I know from the area are in the yellow jackets in the videos, you know the same lads that won’t wear masks and their kids won’t wear masks all posting anti mask , anti establishment videos up on Facebook. The same lads who I grew up seeming collecting protection money , drug dealing and dishing out punishment beatings mainly to lads for dealing on their patch . Why have SF not condemned the protests. Don’t want to upset their followers that’s why .

the yellow vests in ireland are Gemma O'Doherty territory. Im sure you know all the SF members in your area alright (my arse you do)

Great to see you are how obsessed you are with exaggerations and stereotypes. You also havent a notion what the average SF voter is like by the looks of it. You and johnny flash must be in the same Indo reading fan club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

the yellow vests in ireland are Gemma O'Doherty territory. Im sure you know all the SF members in your area alright (my arse you do)

Great to see you are how obsessed you are with exaggerations and stereotypes. You also havent a notion what the average SF voter is like by the looks of it. You and johnny flash must be in the same Indo reading fan club
    Again I don’t read the indo ,I know what I can see . I Know well what goes on as I said growing up in a workings class area in Dublin you get to see the real goings on . The shop vans they own , the protection rackets , the punishment beatings , the drug dealing and its very hard to take TDs seriously when you grew up watching them being surrounded with By that filth . I know you boys do your best to ignore all that but it’s a fact . I’m not too interested in what they do up the north as it’s a different world up there and their Protestant equivalents are more than likely up to the same . Go on to any of their councillors Facebook pages they always try to create the us vs them with people from wealthy areas. It’s not in SF interests to have people in working class areas prosper that’s why they preach hate and try to keep them bet down , look at how long Dessie has been a Td now go look at the state of Finglas village , now compare that to an area of an independent like Lowry and Healy Rae . It proves a point that If you want the best for your area as a TD then you can make that happen .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The "knowledge" people about the North who don't give a ****e or seem to care about the 6 counties is amazing.

We now have somebody who knows who everybody in his area votes for.

Imagine, just for a few minutes that partition, the decision not to send the Irish army into the 6 counties as "peacekeepers" and any number of other cherished obsessions were just decisions made with the best of intentions by decent people in difficult or impossible situations as the least worst option at the time. Imagine all the bitterness, hatred and resentment you could just let go. Breathe.

Imagine, just for a few minutes that partition, the decision not to send the Irish army into the 6 counties as "peacekeepers" and any number of other cherished obsessions were just decisions made with the best of intentions by decent people in difficult or impossible situations as the least worst option at the time. Imagine all the bitterness, hatred and resentment you could just let go. Breathe.

You are one to talk about 'cherished obsessions'. :)

Shinners and the 'RA still under your bed and in your headspace. :)

Part 1 here

All mod warnings from part 1 remain in effect

All thread bans from part 1 remain in effect

Carry on... :D
    You are one to talk about 'cherished obsessions'. :)

Shinners and the 'RA still under your bed and in your headspace. :)

On the other hand you can cling on to your toxic interpretations and fuel your bitterness forever.

As to allegations made against me; big differnce between decent people doing their best and malignant criminals deliberately inflicting suffering on other people for personal advantage. As per the post above, clearly very much a current toxin eating away in working class areas where they have control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Again I don’t read the indo ,I know what I can see . I Know well what goes on as I said growing up in a workings class area in Dublin you get to see the real goings on . The shop vans they own , the protection rackets , the punishment beatings , the drug dealing and its very hard to take TDs seriously when you grew up watching them being surrounded with By that filth . I know you boys do your best to ignore all that but it’s a fact . I’m not too interested in what they do up the north as it’s a different world up there and their Protestant equivalents are more than likely up to the same . Go on to any of their councillors Facebook pages they always try to create the us vs them with people from wealthy areas. It’s not in SF interests to have people in working class areas prosper that’s why they preach hate and try to keep them bet down , look at how long Dessie has been a Td now go look at the state of Finglas village , now compare that to an area of an independent like Lowry and Healy Rae . It proves a point that If you want the best for your area as a TD then you can make that happen .

Jonathan Dowdall springs to mind.

On the other hand you can cling on to your toxic interpretations and fuel your bitterness forever.

As to allegations made against me; big differnce between decent people doing their best and malignant criminals deliberately inflicting suffering on other people for personal advantage. As per the post above, clearly very much a current toxin eating away in working class areas where they have control.

I don't have any bitterness, Truth. That is yet another invention of your febrile mind.

Deary me, that working class areas might be uniquely anti establishment because of SF is yet another bizarre claim given that they manage to be more or less anti the establishment everywhere in the world.

Dear me, you guys take the biscuit sometimes. Then you lash it out that everyone else is bitter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Our government took the tough decisions yesterday, why haven't the SF/DUP government taken the decisions up there when they have a far worse situation?

Because they are followers and scared to death of making a decision that they cant spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Hey Francie,

Can you answer these questions for me?

How long would this deployment last?
    Would it be under the consent or guidance from the UN?
    If not would it be unilateral?
    What if the British said no? Go in anyway?
    What casualties would be accepted as part of the deployment?
    How would the Irish state manage the obvious and rampant Unionist response?

Why are you ignoring these pertinent questions? The invasion of the north by the Irish Army was your idea after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

the yellow vests in ireland are Gemma O'Doherty territory.

Indeed - it’s not like Sinn Fein have ever courted the likes of Gemma :pac:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Gemma_O%27Doherty_%282014b%29.jpg

https://twitter.com/dublinsinnfein/status/576422984908468224?s=21

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/peter-casey-willing-to-spend-up-to-750-000-on-presidential-campaign-1.3632082
    Three nominees were proposed and seconded. Gemma O’Doherty was proposed and seconded by Sinn Féin;

And of course - Reada Cronin’s repeated fangirling of Gemma on Twitter. Reada may have deleted the tweets (along with her conspiracy theories about judges being paedos - also sounds strangely like the scutter being shouted Byrgesen yellow vests and the other alt-right loons), but plenty of screenshots live on :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement