Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    The last paragraph just sums up the sectarian triumphalism of Irish republicanism. It isn't about the ideals, it isn't about making peoples' lives better, it is just about being able to rub somebody's faces in it.

The "they'll have to fund it" just shows up the stupidity of it all.

Oh the hurt in that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Only a matter of time

Kinda like a Doomsday cult, they will be right, eventually. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

The last paragraph just sums up the sectarian triumphalism of Irish republicanism. It isn't about the ideals, it isn't about making peoples' lives better, it is just about being able to rub somebody's faces in it.

The "they'll have to fund it" just shows up the stupidity of it all.

your posts are starting to all sound the same

maccored wrote: »

the south should have done something. where were the discussions? why are you assuming attack was the right option? were was the dialogue?

Well your friend France was advocating an attack. Do you agree with him on this?

markodaly wrote: »
    Well your friend France was advocating an attack. Do you agree with him on this?

i think what francie was on about was the tv production being biased. please do keep up. I do understand how the waffle you and the gang are coming out with is confusing and all over the shop, but try not to lose track eh?

• Advertisement

i think what francie was on about was the tv production being biased. please do keep up. I do understand how the waffle you and the gang are coming out with is confusing and all over the shop, but try not to lose track eh?

No Francie was advocating the Irish Army invade the North back in the early 70's and take over parts of NI to protect nationalists. This was a comment made by him some days ago.

A foolish and unhinged plan. Do you agree with him on this or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Ah, yes, it was Fake News or Biased News? Or something.
    So tell me what independent analyst agrees with your version of events or are you just making it up?

Francie knows the real truth, an invasion would have been a roaring success for us all.

It is a real real pity you weren't in a position of influence back then to make it all happen.
    Same as in 1920, as you could have told Collins and Co. to invade the North as well.
    You were just born a few decades too early Francie!
    That is the true 'What if' of history!
    Again, partition was inevitable.

No reality in engaging with these people. Sitting in the drizzle up on the border, corrupted and enraged by imagined betrayals and ancient grievances. All comes oozing out now however. They will only observe the GFA as long as it suits and beneath all the Gerryadamsspeak bullcrap the toxic nationalism propels them towards more thuggery. And they are frantic to import the same sick hatred to the Free State.

Free of them so far at least

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

A few triggered WB's about today lol

No Francie was advocating the Irish Army invade the North back in the early 70's and take over parts of NI to protect nationalists. This was a comment made by him some days ago.

A foolish and unhinged plan. Do you agree with him on this or not?

It surely would have highlighted what was to become a much worse issue. they could have invaded, and failed and then got the EU peacekeeping forces involved.

or they could have had the balls to politically stand up to the Birtish. Either way it didnt paint the republic in great colours. Nationalists in the north felt rejected and abandoned.

then again, thats not something you or your elk would give a **** about with your Im alright jack attitudes. If any of yous had to live through that ****e you would have left the high horses in the tall stables

It surely would have highlighted what was to become a much worse issue. they could have invaded, and failed and then got the EU peacekeeping forces involved.

LOL, just LOL...
    You do realise that Ireland and the UK were not even in the then EEC at the time?

An EU peacekeeping force? It doesn't exist as a concept.

But I do love your fatalism.

"Sure the plan would have been a disaster, but **** it...!"

Irish Republicanism since 1916 summed up right there.

People advocating this type of invasion plan remind me of flat earthers and anti-vaxers, drawing on an emotional response of their brain rather than the logical part. As I said, Irish republicanism resembles a religious cult a lot of the time.

• Advertisement

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The next big campaign will be the border poll which will set Ireland on course for unification as the young vote north and south will be mobilised to the max.

After that we will see the sad we faces of all the west brits boiling their piss when they realise they'll have to help fund it and SF will be the largest party on the island :D

Could well be right but as you will find out if you do achieve the pathetic wet dream of United Ireland; no problems are solved and you are left with the likes of Mary Lou and her seedy bunch of flakes and thugs to address the same real problems that will still exist

LOL, just LOL...
    You do realise that Ireland and the UK were not even in the then EEC at the time?

An EU peacekeeping force? It doesn't exist as a concept.

But I do love your fatalism.

"Sure the plan would have been a disaster, but **** it...!"

Irish Republicanism since 1916 summed up right there.

People advocating this type of invasion plan remind me of flat earthers and anti-vaxers, drawing on an emotional response of their brain rather than the logical part. As I said, Irish republicanism resembles a religious cult a lot of the time.

stop the waffle - a UN peacekeeping force - you know exactly what I mean. You are proud of the republic doing nothing. it should have done something and didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Truthvader wrote: »
    Could well be right but as you will find out if you do achieve the pathetic wet dream of United Ireland; no problems are solved and you are left with the likes of Mary Lou and her seedy bunch of flakes and thugs to address the same real problems that will still exist

A united Ireland is not in any way pathetic.

In all their time in power neither cheek of the FFG arse has done anything to prepare for the inevitable reunification of the island and they have had ample time to do so.

Brexit has now accelerated the process which should be making them move a bit faster but all we hear is the leader of the so-called republican party trying to tell people not to be considering a border poll - he's a f**king clown.

If people don't want SF sitting at the top table they need to come up with an alternative because FFG aren't fit to run 26 counties never mind 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Over 800 cases of covid today and still they sit on their hands.

Over 800 cases of covid today and still they sit on their hands.

It's a bit sad that you find amusement in that. Let's sort ourselves out before pointing at others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It's a bit sad that you find amusement in that. Let's sort ourselves out before pointing at others

I take no pleasure in it dd, far from it.
    I'm wondering why the fcuk there's no increase in sanctions because the good people from the north need something.
    If that was here and no action being taken I'd be livid.
    If there was 20 in a County with a meat plant yiz'd be all over it like a rash.
    It's, in six counties just up the road from me and I'm shocked no further action has, been taken yet.
    It's an average of 150 almost per county up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

stop the waffle - a UN peacekeeping force - you know exactly what I mean. You are proud of the republic doing nothing. it should have done something and didnt.

A permanent member of the UN security council can veto a UN peacekeeping force, and would not allow one on their territory. I can safely say that the Chinese and the Soviets would have vetoed it as well, because they wouldn't want a veto put in place. Someone described it as a wet dream, and that seems accurate to me.

You idiots are looking back to a time when the Irish state had little or no international standing, outside the EU, getting a pat on the back occasionally. Decades of work by FF and FG governments have changed that, no thanks to the IRA and no thanks to Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There was no amusement, there is anger.

It is extremely sad and ironic that there are SF supporters in here who are constructing fantastical notions of UN peacekeepers invading the North in 1969 and accusing the Irish government of standing idly by back then, but those same supporters are showing no emotion or anger or disgust at the current SF government in the North standing idly by while people get sick and die.

There was no amusement, there is anger.

It is extremely sad and ironic that there are SF supporters in here who are constructing fantastical notions of UN peacekeepers invading the North in 1969 and accusing the Irish government of standing idly by back then, but those same supporters are showing no emotion or anger or disgust at the current SF government in the North standing idly by while people get sick and die.

They have as much restrictions as we have here. There police have actually more powers than ours.

A permanent member of the UN security council can veto a UN peacekeeping force, and would not allow one on their territory. I can safely say that the Chinese and the Soviets would have vetoed it as well, because they wouldn't want a veto put in place. Someone described it as a wet dream, and that seems accurate to me.

You idiots are looking back to a time when the Irish state had little or no international standing, outside the EU, getting a pat on the back occasionally. Decades of work by FF and FG governments have changed that, no thanks to the IRA and no thanks to Sinn Fein.

yeah yeah - you know what would have happened. tell us another story grandpa blanch! Ive one - the story of how the republic of ireland stood idly by and watched people get murdered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You're in no position to call anyone an idiot with a contribution like that.

Low-quality poster. Low-knowledge poster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The next big campaign will be the border poll which will set Ireland on course for unification as the young vote north and south will be mobilised to the max.

After that we will see the sad we faces of all the west brits boiling their piss when they realise they'll have to help fund it and SF will be the largest party on the island :D

I hate to break this too you but a boarder pool would fair

the north is too much of a economic and social weight around the neck of the republic as it is to the the uk at present ,

we don't want the north and we don't need it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

mynamejeff wrote: »

the north is too much of a economic and social weight around the neck of the republic as it is to the the uk at present ,

I would probably agree with that if using my head, but my heart would likely over rule that and I'd guess it would for many others. What that would mean for the result, I do not know.

The good news is that Mary Lou will be Taoiseach, and fresh from her success of the demographics looking after themselves, will have a new plan in place that means only those earning over €100k would have to pay anything.

And the Brits don't want them either. All you have to do is read the posts here to see why

christy c wrote: »
    I would probably agree with that if using my head, but my heart would likely over rule that and I'd guess it would for many others. What that would mean for the result, I do not know.

The good news is that Mary Lou will be Taoiseach, and fresh from her success of the demographics looking after themselves, will have a new plan in place that means only those earning over €100k would have to pay anything.

And free healthcare for everyone, instant "affordable" housing, abolition of the Special Criminal Court, Irish Language compulsory for all, Garda harassment of Good Republicans halted, Dessie Ellis Minister for Justice and Angus O'Snodaigh, Minister for Finance.

Sing with me comrades "A Nation once again" A NATION ONCE AGAIN - COME OUT YA BLACK AND TANS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Guffvader says free at-the-point-of access single-tier health service and affordable housing like it's a bad thing and hasn't been achieved in other developed countries.

FG 2020 eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

It should have been brought to the UN anyway. Let the British veto it.

Actually, all the US legwork (who put the squeeze on the British) was done by John Hume. Absolutely no thanks to FFG who just jumped on his coat tails. Ireland's annual trip to the White House is down to him.

Sinn Fein had a lot of influence (and still do) in the US.

By the way, surely you know that a) back then the EU was the Common Market; and b) Ireland had just joined (along with the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Actually, I see it more as a problem being a different jurisdiction to us because we have no control of what happens there. Take for example how Foot and Mouth came into the south. And we have had numerous problems with contaiminated animal feed, horesemeat etc. Every Food emergency has come from GB into Ireland. We need to have rebust checks on anything coming from the UK and it is pretty well impossible to do that with an open border with NI.

Truthvader wrote: »
    And free healthcare for everyone, instant "affordable" housing, abolition of the Special Criminal Court, Irish Language compulsory for all, Garda harassment of Good Republicans halted, Dessie Ellis Minister for Justice and Angus O'Snodaigh, Minister for Finance.

Sing with me comrades "A Nation once again" A NATION ONCE AGAIN - COME OUT YA BLACK AND TANS!

how is any of this fantasy thing you have going on got to do with this thread. All of the above is the personal opinion of yourself - and so far you havent displayed very much of an insight to make anyone believe you have a clue what you are on about.

I'll say one thing - the lot of yous are in great company because theres a handful there who all seem very similar in regards the hilarious devotion to the british government and her security forces, the immature political analysis of sf and republicanism and the general overall lack of knowledge on the subject of the north.

makes for funny reading though. someone should gather up a selection of truthvader /blanch152 /markodaly /mynameisjeff posts and publish them. throw in a few of the fg/ff bots and your off to the races

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

All the more reason to do something if there was 'no international standing'.

I couldn't care less what others think of us(you hat doffers do...to a tragic level)

Our people needed protecting, they NEEDED us to precipitate something that would alleviate their plight.

As I said, we get it, the answer from you guys was 'f*** off' you are on your own'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement