Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

All the more reason to do something if there was 'no international standing'.

I couldn't care less what others think of us(you hat doffers do...to a tragic level)

Our people needed protecting, they NEEDED us to precipitate something that would alleviate their plight.

As I said, we get it, the answer from you guys was 'f*** off' you are on your own'.

No, we didn't do the stupid thing and invade the North.

We did the clever thing and beefed up our diplomatic teams and worked around the world on the issue. The problem was, there was a certain stupid terrorist organisation that kept bombing and killing people that set back the diplomatic efforts repeatedly. As I have said for years, the IRA and the muppets that supported it, and do to this day, set back peace in Northern Ireland by decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »

We did the clever thing and beefed up our diplomatic teams and worked around the world on the issue. The problem was, there was a certain stupid terrorist organisation that kept bombing and killing people that set back the diplomatic efforts repeatedly. As I have said for years, the IRA and the muppets that supported it, and do to this day, set back peace in Northern Ireland by decades.

Jesus, that is one of the sickest things I have ever seen posted in relation to the tragedy that occurred.

Almost as sick as the 'wait until the British and Unionists get around to being democrats'.

You made it clear already, people didn't matter, our 'standing' in the world mattered more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blanch152 wrote: »

You ARE in la la land!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

maccored wrote: »

makes for funny reading though. someone should gather up a selection of truthvader /blanch152 /markodaly /mynameisjeff posts and publish them. throw in a few of the fg/ff bots and your off to the races

Agreed. Maybe for 2021 we could do a calendar for charity of their greatest hits. We could use those "inspirational meme" templates.

And like their posts this year they can get more frenzied and delusional with each passing month.

For instance, for November, we could have a backdrop of a sunset over a bay and...

"Economically illiterate Pearse Doherty will DESTROY your granny, put her in a GULAG, and we all know Sinn Féin were the true cause of the Bengali famine mo chara"

- BrendanFlashSpice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Dispiriting as it is to read the stupidity and brutish malice and dishonesty of so many posts here it does serve casual lurkers and visitors in that it strips away the pretendy democratic shell which Sinn Fein like to hide behind to reveal their true interests and their true character.

Just say no kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

christy c wrote: »
    I would probably agree with that if using my head, but my heart would likely over rule that and I'd guess it would for many others. What that would mean for the result, I do not know.

The good news is that Mary Lou will be Taoiseach, and fresh from her success of the demographics looking after themselves, will have a new plan in place that means only those earning over €100k would have to pay anything.

You want to tax workers who earn over €100k even more to fund your shamrock and leprechauns UI fantasy?!? WTF! Do you have any idea how much those workers are already paying in tax.

As for a Irish military invasion of the north in the last 50 odd years, that is hilarious. It would have been about 5 days shorter than the 6 Day War. The UK would have responded in way that would make Cromwell's campaign look like the Summer of Love.

For all you SF/IRA fans out there, the 6 Day War was when a bunch of Arab nations attacked Israel in 1967. And got whipped, in you guessed it, 6 days. This was one of several occasions where Arab nations attacked Israel and proceeded to get beaten like a red-haired step-child. But SF/IRA don't like their fanboys knowing this because it upsets their terrorist brethren in the PLO, Hamas and Hezbollah.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    You want to tax workers who earn over €100k even more to fund your shamrock and leprechauns UI fantasy?!? WTF! Do you have any idea how much those workers are already paying in tax.

As for a Irish military invasion of the north in the last 50 odd years, that is hilarious. It would have been about 5 days shorter than the 6 Day War. The UK would have responded in way that would make Cromwell's campaign look like the Summer of Love.

For all you SF/IRA fans out there, the 6 Day War was when a bunch of Arab nations attacked Israel in 1967. And got whipped, in you guessed it, 6 days. This was one of several occasions where Arab nations attacked Israel and proceeded to get beaten like a red-haired step-child. But SF/IRA don't like their fanboys knowing this because it upsets their terrorist brethren in the PLO, Hamas and Hezbollah.

I agree with you, an invasion would have been repelled by force. It was a crazy plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Over 800 cases of covid today and still they sit on their hands.
    They have as much restrictions as we have here. There police have actually more powers than ours.

Maybe it's a cutlural thing thing then. The one thing you can say is that all members of the executive have shown great leadership over the last few months

https://www.derrydaily.net/2020/07/02/sdlp-leader-says-michelle-oneill-should-step-aside/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

rdwight wrote: »
    Maybe it's a cutlural thing thing then. The one thing you can say is that all members of the executive have shown great leadership over the last few months

https://www.derrydaily.net/2020/07/02/sdlp-leader-says-michelle-oneill-should-step-aside/

FF/FG getting on like BFFs down here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Yeah_Right wrote: »

I should have used the sarcasm emoji when mentioning the €100k. Point being that politicians like Mary Lou haven't a hope of coming up with any sort of workable economic solution for the North, especially if she is stupid enough to think the demographics will look after themselves.

I would love to see a united Ireland though, although it may be fantasy at the moment.

• Advertisement

I should have used the sarcasm emoji when mentioning the €100k. Point being that politicians like Mary Lou haven't a hope of coming up with any sort of workable solution economically for the North, especially if she is stupid enough to think the demographics will look after themselves.

I would love to see a united Ireland though, although it may be fantasy at the moment.

It's a failed state christy because of how it was set upand came into being.Partition. It failed it's people, it erupted into conflict/war, it destroyed the UK's Brexit plans, and it poses a threat to our island's health now as we see with Covid (imagine if Boris had follwed through on his herd immunity)

Nobody can come 'up with an economic plan' for it, many have tried but they will all faiil. It cannot sustain it self just as it can't govern itself.

It's a failed state christy because of how it was set upand came into being.Partition. It failed it's people, it erupted into conflict/war, it destroyed the UK's Brexit plans, and it poses a threat to our island's health now as we see with Covid (imagine if Boris had follwed through on his herd immunity)

Nobody can come 'up with an economic plan' for it, many have tried but they will all faiil. It cannot sustain it self just as it can't govern itself.

My post was in the context of integration costs, and the point that someone so stupid that they think the demographics will look after themselves would not be able to come up with a plan for it.

My post was in the context of integration costs, and the point that someone so stupid that they think the demographics will look after themselves would not be able to come up with a plan for it.

How do you know the demographics won't? That remains to be seen.
    Like the Apple affair you are again calling things a bit early.

Also, does making a hames of, for instance Irish Water, preclude a government from doing something else because they are 'so stupid'?

That's the logic here.

How do you know the demographics won't? That remains to be seen.
    Like the Apple affair you are again calling things a bit early.

Also, does making a hames of, for instance Irish Water, preclude a government from doing something else because they are 'so stupid'?

That's the logic here.

Hahaha, you are suggesting that there is a chance that the demographics will look after themselves, and all the actuaries and other countries taking steps to deal with the pension time bomb are wrong? Unbelievable that someone could actually swallow that BS.

And the Apple tax, summed up perfectly the stupidity and naivety of SF. Money was put in escrow in the event of an appeal being successful, which it was. Regardless of how the next doomed appeal goes, there is no hiding from the clueless decision to want to spend money that was in escrow.

Careful now about Irish Water, some of your fellow fans hate it when other parties are mentioned when discussing particular issues.

Hahaha, you are suggesting that there is a chance that the demographics will look after themselves, and all the actuaries and other countries taking steps to deal with the pension time bomb are wrong? Unbelievable that someone could actually swallow that BS.

And the Apple tax, summed up perfectly the stupidity and naivety of SF. Money was put in escrow in the event of an appeal being successful, which it was. Regardless of how the next doomed appeal goes, there is no hiding from the clueless decision to want to spend money that was in escrow.

Careful now about Irish Water, some of your fellow fans hate it when other parties are mentioned when discussing particular issues.

So no answer to the question. Figures I suppose.

So no answer to the question. Figures I suppose.

Nope, if you dont even accept the blatent stupidity I pointed out not much point continuing.

Nope, if you dont even accept the blatent stupidity I pointed out not much point continuing.

Was crashing the economy blatantly stupid, Irish Water, beng led into recession after recession, boom and bust etc etc etc? You STILL haven't answered a simple question.

Was crashing the economy blatantly stupid, Irish Water, beng led into recession after recession, boom and bust etc etc etc? You STILL haven't answered a simple question.

Nor will I be answering you, as long as you are not able to accept blatent stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

stop the waffle - a UN peacekeeping force - you know exactly what I mean. You are proud of the republic doing nothing. it should have done something and didnt.

No, I do not know exactly what you mean.
    The EU and UN are quite different from each other.

A breakfast roll is different to a Mars Bar, isn't it?
    You are just confused and in your attempt to wave away your confusion you double down on the ridiculous notion of your 'plan'

So, yea, lets get the UN on board, even though we are advocating taking over parts of the UK, who are permanent members of the Security Council and can veto any and all plans.....

Yes, you plan falls at the very first hurdle... so now what?

No EU, no UN... we just go it alone. Do you still think we should invade the North, because it will make some people feel good that we are actually doing something, even though will lose, and lose badly and could end up with the British occupying parts of the Republic again....

Worth it? :pac:

Lies.

You are despicable person to debate with Untrustworthy.

Oh, its not an invasion, its not an attack, what is it so??
    A weekend stroll down the Phoenix park?

You can call me what you want Francie, but you just don't like it when people start calling you out on your lunatic unhinged plans when it comes to the 'What if' of history.

Let us remind ourselves that it was you who advocated that the Republic invade the North and take over parts of it, as if it were just that easy.....
    You seem to not be able to think down numerous steps of the consequences of such an action.

It's like you want to play Ludo, while in the real world, this is chess and realpolitik.

Again, its dreams meeting reality and ending up floundering on rock like a dead fish.

• Advertisement

Ah now Mark you were looking TDs to ask their boyfriends questions they wernt getting answers to in the Dáil and your calling other people's ideas crazy

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh, its not an invasion, its not an attack, what is it so??
    A weekend stroll down the Phoenix park?

You can call me what you want Francie, but you just don't like it when people start calling you out on your lunatic unhinged plans when it comes to the 'What if' of history.

Let us remind ourselves that it was you who advocated that the Republic invade the North and take over parts of it, as if it were just that easy.....
    You seem to not be able to think down numerous steps of the consequences of such an action.

It's like you want to play Ludo, while in the real world, this is chess and realpolitik.

Again, its dreams meeting reality and ending up floundering on rock like a dead fish.

I said nothing about the republic 'invading and taking over parts'...calm down, it is you sounding unhinged, lying and misrepresenting.

Done debating with you because you have to invent stuff rather than admit that we callously abandoned out people and created a vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And now this from Francie

"Our people needed protecting, they NEEDED us to precipitate something that would alleviate their plight. "

"us" indeed. The mask slips and falls. At least we wont have to put up with the wretched equvocation and spoof any longer. Wrong and depraved as ever. "Our people" never NEEDED a single murder or any of the depravity

Again just say no kids . If you tolerate this your children will be next -like any of the young men found on the border back when the heros were precipitating something

All the more reason to do something if there was 'no international standing'.

I couldn't care less what others think of us(you hat doffers do...to a tragic level)

Our people needed protecting, they NEEDED us to precipitate something that would alleviate their plight.

As I said, we get it, the answer from you guys was 'f*** off' you are on your own'.

I think the point that people are making is that an invasion of the North would have protected no one, especially Nationalists.

1) The Irish Army would have been pushed back across the border after a few days, if not hours.
    2) There would be lots of causalities.
    3) The British Army would have take over parts of the Republic to make sure no further incursions happened.
    4) Attacking a NATO member without any international backing would have been both economic and military suicide
    5) Our membership to the EEC would probably have been thrown out, thus we would have been much poorer for it.
    6) It would have done zero to protect Nationalists anywhere in the North and in fact would have made things worse as Unionists and Loyalists would get a huge boost in numbers and support.
    7) A large possibility of all out civil war in the North could have transpired.

But, it seems people are more worried about optics that actual solutions.
    So, even though with the hindsight of history and knowing that this plan would have been a disaster, some here would still advocate it.

People go on about the 3,000 who died as if that was the absolute worse case scenario. Well if the Irish Army invaded, it could have lifted the lid on a conflict that could have killed 30,000 and consigned Ireland to another few decades of poverty.

That is the cult of Irish Republicanism I am talking about. Lacking all objective rationale in fact and logic.

It ties in well with my provable and verifiable claim that killing a 3-year-old toddler in Warrington did nothing, zero to help the average Nationalist in Derry or Belfast.
    But there will always be someone willing to tell us, that yes, killing kids was a means to an end.
    Cause they have to, they have to believe in the 'cause' otherwise, what are they and the IRA? A bunch of child murderers apologists.

I thinks it's all the Greens fault myself

Truthvader wrote: »
    And now this from Francie

"Our people needed protecting, they NEEDED us to precipitate something that would alleviate their plight. "

"us" indeed. The mask slips and falls. At least we wont have to put up with the wretched equvocation and spoof any longer. Wrong and depraved as ever. "Our people" never NEEDED a single murder or any of the depravity

Again just say no kids . If you tolerate this your children will be next -like any of the young men found on the border back when the heros were precipitating something

If you tolerate cowardly governments, constitutionally mandated to protect Irish people, then most certainly your children might be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

No, I do not know exactly what you mean.
    The EU and UN are quite different from each other.

A breakfast roll is different to a Mars Bar, isn't it?
    You are just confused and in your attempt to wave away your confusion you double down on the ridiculous notion of your 'plan'

So, yea, lets get the UN on board, even though we are advocating taking over parts of the UK, who are permanent members of the Security Council and can veto any and all plans.....

Yes, you plan falls at the very first hurdle... so now what?

No EU, no UN... we just go it alone. Do you still think we should invade the North, because it will make some people feel good that we are actually doing something, even though will lose, and lose badly and could end up with the British occupying parts of the Republic again....

Worth it? :pac:

Its plain to see markodaly that you couldnt giveca bollox what happened the people in the north

And the invasion scenario is your fixation - Not mine

Its plain to see markodaly that you couldnt giveca bollox what happened the people in the north

And the invasion scenario is your fixation - Not mine

Our 'standing' (probably means what the British thought of us) was more important than people under siege and in fear of their lives. Nobody knew how bad it was going to get, you could have had a massacre had things gone bad.

I said nothing about the republic 'invading and taking over parts'...calm down, it is you sounding unhinged, lying and misrepresenting.

Done debating with you because you have to invent stuff rather than admit that we callously abandoned out people and created a vacuum.

Again, yes you did. You call it something else of course, as per the Double-Speak of SF/IRA but yes, crossing an internationally recognised border without the consent of the UN or any NGO or the UK would be considered an illegal invasion.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114805554&postcount=858
    No need for invasion. Peacekeeping would have filled the vacuum.

Please don't tell me they would have been wiped out, anihilated etc etc. What if old Churchy had have thought that way. We'd all be speaking German etc etc.

People were under siege, in fear of their lives. People constitutionally we had a duty to and we abandoned them to their fate.

Why have an army and a constitution if you abandon your people. The IRA ran away for a while but the Irish state ran away completely.

If you read the actual history I think Harold Wilson wanted the Irish army to go into Derry. If the British had stepped back the Unionists would have too, Remember, there was a vacumn there too.

A peacekeeping act may have worked. We decided not to intervene and created a vacuum into which somebody was always going to step, lives were at atake. John Hume would have welcomed Irish troops with open arms.
    We 'sat idly by' to our everlasting shame.

Backtrack and u-turn all you want, but at the end of the day, the plan for the Irish Army to invade,take-over,cross-over to the North would have been a disaster.

• Advertisement

Again, yes you did. You call it something else of course, as per the Double-Speak of SF/IRA but yes, crossing an internationally recognised border without the consent of the UN or any NGO or the UK would be considered an illegal invasion.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114805554&postcount=858

No need for invasion. Peacekeeping would have filled the vacuum.

Please don't tell me they would have been wiped out, anihilated etc etc. What if old Churchy had have thought that way. We'd all be speaking German etc etc.

People were under siege, in fear of their lives. People constitutionally we had a duty to and we abandoned them to their fate.[

Backtrack and u-turn all you want, but at the end of the day, the plan for the Irish Army to invade,take-over,cross-over to the North would have been a disaster.

Do you even know what an invasion is? I am seriously beginning to wonder.

You need the word 'invasion' to demean the argument that we should have done something.
    I have stated several times that an invasion would have been ceazy and the wrong thing to do.

Go to bed have a sleep and come back with an argument against the topic, not one you invent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement