Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I never said there was no need for them!
    Their advice can be partially or wholly taken on board.
    People need to take responsibility for their own actions also.
    Nmphet nor the govt will overcome anything unless people buy into it anyway.

Yet there was a cabal here at the start that vehemently stated that the government could only 'follow the expert advice' and anyone suggesting that they do otherwise was a dangerous loon who was messing with peoples lives.
    The cabal having it's cake and eating it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I never said there was no need for them!
    Their advice can be partially or wholly taken on board.
    People need to take responsibility for their own actions also.
    Nmphet nor the govt will overcome anything unless people buy into it anyway.

Agreed.

However, it goes back to my original question.

Will people "buy into" advise that NPHET recommended, but the govt ignore if and when it suits them? You can't claim "govt only following their (NPHET) advice" one min, and then ignore it on a whim the next.

NPHET might be about to be lined up as scapegoats from the govt is it goes tits up, but from what I seen from Holohan during the week, Leo will need to sharpen his pencil if he thinks he'll get one over on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

maccored wrote: »
    i pay my taxes to this government - the one that sold the north.

By this government you mean Sinn Fein? Because ironically they are the ones that sold the north because FF and FG didn't exist until years after the deal was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yet there was a cabal here at the start that vehemently stated that the government could only 'follow the expert advice' and anyone suggesting that they do otherwise was a dangerous loon who was messing with peoples lives.
    The cabal having it's cake and eating it again.

We are all learning as we go along about covid.
    It's no bother for me to follow restrictions, but I'm not young free and single, or marching to protest at masks or restrictions.
    People are turning against the restrictions in large numbers, people I know and thought were sensible enough to know better.
    But who knows, maybe their agenda is the right one too.

mattser wrote: »
    Stay classy.

Ah mattser, the poster who doesn't say much but who always jumps in to scold whenever a female or male politicians appearance is demeaned or used to criticise on here.

Brave!

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Agreed.

However, it goes back to my original question.

Will people "buy into" advise that NPHET recommended, but the govt ignore if and when it suits them? You can't claim "govt only following their (NPHET) advice" one min, and then ignore it on a whim the next.

NPHET might be about to be lined up as scapegoats from the govt is it goes tits up, but from what I seen from Holohan during the week, Leo will need to sharpen his pencil if he thinks he'll get one over on them.

I don't think so Mc.
    If there's a scapegoat to be had it will be political
    Ask our main opposition who they will point the finger at, it won't be nmphet.

We are all learning as we go along about covid.
    It's no bother for me to follow restrictions, but I'm not young free and single, or marching to protest at masks or restrictions.
    People are turning against the restrictions in large numbers, people I know and thought were sensible enough to know better.
    But who knows, maybe their agenda is the right one too.

'Learning as we go along...'

Sorry, the claims were being made on the basis that only NPHET knew how to handle this virus and that was why the government HAD to follow their advice.

It was bull**** of course.

Anyway, I see Leo is back to talking about a lockdown having pointlessly confused and diluted the message perhaps irrevocably, because now people won't believe him or NPHET.

Disastrous leadership and a government in chaos

'Learning as we go along...'

Sorry, the claims were being made on the basis that only NPHET knew how to handle this virus and that was why the government HAD to follow their advice.

It was bull**** of course.

Anyway, I see Leo is back to talking about a lockdown having pointlessly confused and diluted the message perhaps irrevocably, because now people won't believe him or NPHET.

Disastrous leadership and a government in chaos

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    Interestingly I think the main opposition were broadly in agreement with the level 3 restrictions, with the exception of PBP.
    OK they huffed about Leo's interview, but most were OK with level 3 govt advice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Interestingly I think the main opposition were broadly in agreement with the level 3 restrictions, with the exception of PBP.
    OK they huffed about Leo's interview, but most were OK with level 3 govt advice anyway.

Always the same. They're wise afterthe event. Like Cheltenham and the Italian rugby visitors. Watch them go into over drive after the budget on Tuesday. Shoulda done this.....shouldn't have done that etc. From the ditch of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I don't think so Mc.
    If there's a scapegoat to be had it will be political
    Ask our main opposition who they will point the finger at, it won't be nmphet.

How can they point the finger ? The north is a mess

• Advertisement

It is more than 'opinion' it is actual fact. The FG and FF crew here have done a complete turnaround cheerled by Leo, who most certainly has turned on the advice of NPHET and the CMO.

It is more than 'opinion' it is actual fact. The FG and FF crew here have done a complete turnaround cheerled by Leo, who most certainly has turned on the advice of NPHET and the CMO.

Ah the Leo infatuation again!

Ah the Leo infatuation again!

Absolutely, the guy did kind of put himself front and centre of finally nailing the fact that the government are NOT following expert advice.
    If Leo was not putting himself front and centre he wouldn't be commented on.

He's done it again this morning...now taking the NPHET advice and trying to make it look like it's a controlled decision when it is anything but. Dithering and disastrous leadership pushing thousands into the arms of the deniers.

Always the same. They're wise afterthe event. Like Cheltenham and the Italian rugby visitors. Watch them go into over drive after the budget on Tuesday. Shoulda done this.....shouldn't have done that etc. From the ditch of course.

That's bang on the money there mattser, I for one definitely never seen anyone anywhere give out about Cheltenham, the Italian fans let loose around citywest and saggart, or folk calling for the cancellation of the Paddy's Day parade beforehand....

I'd say there was a lightbulb lit up above your head when you penned that post matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,713 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SF said to be distancing itself from party councillor, Chris McCaffrey in relation to his speaking up for a man held in custody for offences concerning the Quinn group directors..

Anyone sticking their oar in here for these people that are conducting this anarchy needs a long hard look in the mirror..

Not surprised to read of SF involvement here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's bang on the money there mattser, I for one definitely never seen anyone anywhere give out about Cheltenham, the Italian fans let loose around citywest and saggart, or folk calling for the cancellation of the Paddy's Day parade beforehand....

I'd say there was a lightbulb lit up above your head when you penned that post matt.

Okay, speaking of lightbulbs, can you enlighten us with your warning posts prior to the actual events. If you can, I'll say fair play.

Absolutely, the guy did kind of put himself front and centre of finally nailing the fact that the government are NOT following expert advice.
    If Leo was not putting himself front and centre he wouldn't be commented on.

He's done it again this morning...now taking the NPHET advice and trying to make it look like it's a controlled decision when it is anything but. Dithering and disastrous leadership pushing thousands into the arms of the deniers.

Good article on it here, gives, it a bit of perspective.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1011/1170602-politics-government-covid/

Good article on it here, gives, it a bit of perspective.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1011/1170602-politics-government-covid/

We know the 'perspective'. And we know Leo lost his when he had his cheap and very political rant on CB. Leo is fighting the next election while all of us are fighting Covid.

Okay, speaking of lightbulbs, can you enlighten us with your warning posts prior to the actual events. If you can, I'll say fair play.

I didn't say "me" - but regardless - despite the search function on the site being a piece of crap. I did voice concerns over people arriving in from Italy unfettered.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112649688&postcount=822

Paddy's Day parade flagged here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112780893&postcount=1384

I was fairly vocal on idiots going to Cheltenham, in fact the only person I know personally that went to the place managed to get covid there (no sh1t Sherlock, well done) but for the life of me, can't recall how I worded it for the search function to pick it up.

However, *meatloaf voice* 2/3 ain't bad.

We know the 'perspective'. And we know Leo lost his when he had his cheap and very political rant on CB. Leo is fighting the next election while all of us are fighting Covid.

Rantitis on Leo.
    Wouldn't expect anything else from ya anyway Francie.
    What do you think we should do, what course of action should we take do you think.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Just had a quick look into Pearse's budget proposals for next year.

He really is some tulip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Just had a quick look into Pearse's budget proposals for next year.

He really is some tulip.

Pearse only had a quick look himself and jotted it down on the back of an envelope. That's the problem with Sinn Fein and money. There's no forward thinking involved.

The funniest part is the recruitment of 2,500 doctors. They are going to get out the Genie lamp for that one and hey presto increase our doctor population overnight by 15%. Of course they are. It should be easier getting them over once you tell them all they are going to get crucified by the tax increases they are planning on raising as well.

Their election manifesto said 100,000 new gaffs. This has dropped considerably to 12,000 corpo's and 4,000 affordables. They really are full of shít.

They are planning to give current healthcare workers " a break " .

They are such spoofers, it gets patronising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

aido79 wrote: »
    Pearse only had a quick look himself and jotted it down on the back of an envelope. That's the problem with Sinn Fein and money. There's no forward thinking involved.

What forward thinking did the Govt have when they launched an attack on NHEPT on Monday?

Was that done for the good of the country?

What forward thinking did the Govt have when they launched an attack on NHEPT on Monday?

Was that done for the good of the country?

NHEPT is an emergency focus group set up by the government to advise on how to manage the Covid crisis. They were not set up to do anything else. I am delighted that they told them to get in the corner. The government have a country to run. Holohan got ahead of himself, if this was Russia he would have been fired.

Governments run countries, not focus groups made up of doctors and health service pen pushers....

A 5 % solidarity tax?

I would say our entrepreneurs and job creators are delighted with that one.

Clueless.

NHEPT is an emergency focus group set up by the government to advise on how to manage the Covid crisis. They were not set up to do anything else. I am delighted that they told them to get in the corner. The government have a country to run. Holohan got ahead of himself, if this was Russia he would have been fired.

Governments run countries, not focus groups made up of doctors and health service pen pushers....

For 6 months they told us we have to do this because its public health advice, why did they just decide to stop listening to this advice? If people especially young people see the Govt not listening to NHEPT, they won't listen to anything either.

Considering its a week later and lockdown is looking very likely, the Govts decision to go level 3 was a wrong one.

The leaders up North, get slated for not acting quicker to health advice, here we are a week after warnings and nothing been done yet, 1 leader living life as he's now in charge with Leo out of the loop and hiding since Tony called him out on his lies

For 6 months they told us we have to do this because its public health advice, why did they just decide to stop listening to this advice? If people especially young people see the Govt not listening to NHEPT, they won't listen to anything either.

Considering its a week later and lockdown is looking very likely, the Govts decision to go level 3 was a wrong one.

The leaders up North, get slated for not acting quicker to health advice, here we are a week after warnings and nothing been done yet, 1 leader living life as he's now in charge with Leo out of the loop and hiding since Tony called him out on his lies

Subtly changes subject from a baloney budget to a mud slinging online policy on unproven government protocol.

It is good to discuss unknown and unproven garbage isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The funniest part is the recruitment of 2,500 doctors. They are going to get out the Genie lamp for that one and hey presto increase our doctor population overnight by 15%. Of course they are. It should be easier getting them over once you tell them all they are going to get crucified by the tax increases they are planning on raising as well.

Their election manifesto said 100,000 new gaffs. This has dropped considerably to 12,000 corpo's and 4,000 affordables. They really are full of shít.

They are planning to give current healthcare workers " a break " .

They are such spoofers, it gets patronising.

Economic dunces.

• Advertisement

Subtly changes subject from a baloney budget to a mud slinging online policy on unproven government protocol.

It is good to discuss unknown and unproven garbage isn't it?

No point in discussing parties budgets until they all release one so you can compare, let's see what the Mafia come up with Tuesday before we start that.

The Govt changed overnight last week from were doing this for public health advice to not following Public Health Advice, id love to know there reason and don't say loads will lose their jobs, gonna lose them when we go into level 5 anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement