Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Rantitis on Leo.
    Wouldn't expect anything else from ya anyway Francie.
    What do you think we should do, what course of action should we take do you think.

He is the single most destabilising factor in the country at the moment. That is why the focus is on him BoH despite the desperate attempts to protect him.

I never had a problem with the government charting their own course while taking the advice of NPHET and said that while being attacked by those who stridently claimed that they had to follow NPHET advice. If I went back and checked would you have been one of those excoriating me for having that opinion?

You or Leo can't have it both ways, and regardless his mean spirited, politically motivated and therefore selfish attack was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

What forward thinking did the Govt have when they launched an attack on NHEPT on Monday?

Was that done for the good of the country?

My post was to do with SF and their economic illiteracy and nothing to do with the national health emergency public team( according to your acronym) so I'm not sure why you are quoting me.

I believe it was done for the good of the country. Do you remember how long it took to begin opening the country up after the last lockdown? The economic effects would be devastating but this is of no concern to SF.
    The government are aware that it isn't just a matter of putting the country on level for a couple of weeks and then opening up again or maybe you think level 5 for a couple of weeks is the magic bullet?? Lockdowns aren't a realistic solution to covid19 in the longterm so alternatives need to be thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Yet there was a cabal here at the start that vehemently stated that the government could only 'follow the expert advice' and anyone suggesting that they do otherwise was a dangerous loon who was messing with peoples lives.
    The cabal having it's cake and eating it again.

Get a grip FFS. There is no "cabal". Thought myself that following expert medical advice was the way forward. Covid is an actively evolving and costantly changing threat and I expect governments on both sides of the border are doing their best. Theories range from do nothing herd immunity to close everything and both governments need to walk a thin line. Jeering "fat Leo" from the border just makes you look like children.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Get a grip FFS. There is no "cabal". Thought myself that following expert medical advice was the way forward. Covid is an actively evolving and costantly changing threat and I expect governments on both sides of the border are doing their best. Theories range from do nothing herd immunity to close everything and both governments need to walk a thin line. Jeering "fat Leo" from the border just makes you look like children.

I have never made a comment on a politicians appearance or physical attributes ever. So you can get lost on that one.

And please don't lie that the same people who were stridently claiming that the government had to and where following NPHET advice are not largely the same people claiming Leo and Michael were right to ignore it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

No point in discussing parties budgets until they all release one so you can compare

Thankfully for the future of this country there will be only one budget that will matter. Thanks for small mercy.

The only real thing about Sinn Féin is their band of dissident supporters.

Only deluded dreamers will be comparing the imaginative composition which is the SF fantasy budget. They should stick to raising funds through robbing banks and extorting money from small business, that is where their experience lies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Thankfully for the future of this country there will be only one budget that will matter. Thanks for small mercy.

The only real thing about Sinn Féin is their band of dissident supporters.

Only deluded dreamers will be comparing the imaginative composition which is the SF fantasy budget. They should stick to raising funds through robbing banks and extorting money from small business, that is where their experience lies.

Jesus SF living rent free in your head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You or Leo can't have it both ways, and regardless his mean spirited, politically motivated and therefore selfish attack was wrong.

You would think after 13 years of public service the SF online brigade could come up with something more original than slinging mud at a government minister doing his job? Varadker outrage this, Varadker outrage that. How boring, could they never just change things up for once?

It really highlights the distinct lack of imagination Sinn Féin supporters really have, when they have to resort to flicking mud at whatever whataboutery went on in the last 7 days. At least give the cabinet something to think about for a change? I doubt Leo is losing much sleep atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The funniest part is the recruitment of 2,500 doctors. They are going to get out the Genie lamp for that one and hey presto increase our doctor population overnight by 15%. Of course they are. It should be easier getting them over once you tell them all they are going to get crucified by the tax increases they are planning on raising as well.

Their election manifesto said 100,000 new gaffs. This has dropped considerably to 12,000 corpo's and 4,000 affordables. They really are full of shít.

They are planning to give current healthcare workers " a break " .

They are such spoofers, it gets patronising.

Sure FG called 73000 professionals home and employed 200.

You would think after 13 years of public service the SF online brigade could come up with something more original than slinging mud at a government minister doing his job? Varadker outrage this, Varadker outrage that. How boring, could they never just change things up for once?

It really highlights the distinct lack of imagination Sinn Féin supporters really have, when they have to resort to flicking mud at whatever whataboutery went on in the last 7 days. At least give the cabinet something to think about for a change? I doubt Leo is losing much sleep atm.

As desperate protectionism goes, that's pretty on the ball there.

smurgen wrote: »
    Sure FG called 73000 professionals home and employed 200.

Ah but Sinn Féin

• Advertisement

You would think after the tactic of trying to put down SF every opportunity pre election which led to the worst election for FG in a decade the FG party might change tactic, but amazingly not only are FG doing it, FF have started too

Keep it up

walshb wrote: »
    SF said to be distancing itself from party councillor, Chris McCaffrey in relation to his speaking up for a man held in custody for offences concerning the Quinn group directors..

Anyone sticking their oar in here for these people that are conducting this anarchy needs a long hard look in the mirror..

Not surprised to read of SF involvement here..

Birds of a feather etc

Birds of a feather etc

Great show

I have never made a comment on a politicians appearance or physical attributes ever. So you can get lost on that one.

And please don't lie that the same people who were stridently claiming that the government had to and where following NPHET advice are not largely the same people claiming Leo and Michael were right to ignore it.

Right so Francie march on with your toxi border mindset where everything FfGG does is the worst possible decision (and always taken for corrupt reasons) while everything Mary Lou comes out with is 100% correct even when she agrees with government strategy or promotes different approaches either side of the border. Of course its all the fault of partition and if Jack Lynch had sent in the army in 1969 etc etc etc. As before; childish

You would think after the tactic of trying to put down SF every opportunity pre election which led to the worst election for FG in a decade the FG party might change tactic, but amazingly not only are FG doing it, FF have started too

Keep it up

Maybe speaking up is more important than winning poularity polls or even elections. Keep reading here how calling out Sinn Fein is actually attracting voters to them but yet also see relentless whinging and complaining about "deflection" . Thugs and criminals need to be called out every time reagardless of cost or efforts to supress the truth

Maybe speaking up is more important than winning poularity polls or even elections. Keep reading here how calling out Sinn Fein is actually attracting voters to them but yet also see relentless whinging and complaining about "deflection" . Thugs and criminals need to be called out every time reagardless of cost or efforts to supress the truth

You don't just keep hearing it, the election result showed people are turning to Sinn Féin.

You must be hurting, Sinn Féin the largest and most popular party on the island

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Typed out without a shred of irony I bet.
    Really????? Mary Lou had her big fat head on the front page a couple of weeks back calling for all pubs to be opened.

Bad as thing are who in Sinn Fein would you like to see calling the shots on anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You don't just keep hearing it, the election result showed people are turning to Sinn Féin.

You must be hurting, Sinn Féin the largest and most popular party on the island

Since when?

Since when?

Across the island, 32 counties Sinn Féin are the largest party, its a fact my dear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Across the island, 32 counties Sinn Féin are the largest party, its a fact my dear

I'm not your dear dd, but that aside relate that in terms of figures your assertion.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Typed out without a shred of irony I bet.

Ha nabbed. This was one of the many posts. The hypocrisy is nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

aido79 wrote: »
    My post was to do with SF and their economic illiteracy

if thats the case, how come they're one of the richer parties in the state? 2 + 2 doesnt make 4 with that theory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Rantitis on Leo.
    Wouldn't expect anything else from ya anyway Francie.
    What do you think we should do, what course of action should we take do you think.

He'll probably suggest they should invade the hospitals. Tell covid it's only a peacekeeping exercise though.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    He'll probably suggest they should invade the hospitals. Tell covid it's only a peacekeeping exercise though.

is that the excuse for a ****e, underfunded health system that successive governments (mainly FF and FG) have let fall asunder?

Right so Francie march on with your toxi border mindset where everything FfGG does is the worst possible decision (and always taken for corrupt reasons) while everything Mary Lou comes out with is 100% correct even when she agrees with government strategy or promotes different approaches either side of the border. Of course its all the fault of partition and if Jack Lynch had sent in the army in 1969 etc etc etc. As before; childish

Absolute lies again from the Truthvader.

I have complimented FG and this new government on how they handled Brexit on the relevant threads and on their initial handling of Covid.
    And I have never said anything remotely resembling 'everything Mary Lou says is 100% correct'.

Why do you need to lie Truth?

By this government you mean Sinn Fein? Because ironically they are the ones that sold the north because FF and FG didn't exist until years after the deal was done.

you lads may make up your minds. one min the SF of the early 20th century has nothing to do with the modern SF, other times it does - depending on what half arsed argument ye's are putting forward.

The people who went on to form FF and FG - as you should be well aware of - where in charge at the time

maccored wrote: »
    you lads may make up your minds. one min the SF of the early 20th century has nothing to do with the modern SF, other times it does - depending on what half arsed argument ye's are putting forward.

The people who went on to form FF and FG - as you should be well aware of - where in charge at the time

Unbelievable that they think they can get away with the constant 'suit themselves pivoting'. Comedic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

maccored wrote: »
    if thats the case, how come they're one of the richer parties in the state? 2 + 2 doesnt make 4 with that theory

Any ideas of how they got to be one of the richer parties in the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

By this government you mean Sinn Fein? Because ironically they are the ones that sold the north because FF and FG didn't exist until years after the deal was done.

Yeah obviously they meant the Shinners, who by your logic assumes they've been in perpetual governance since the inception of partition.

Someone said something about blueshirt bots (not saying you're one aido) absolutely losing their minds, going into meltdown mode and posting absolutely bat sh1t nonsense.

• Advertisement

mattser wrote: »
    You're destined to hurl from the ditch. Probably because you've no class. I never got personal about MLM btw. I don't stoop to your level.

Leo is on the pitch and he's a ditch hurler. Undermining the government and undermining the experts in NPHET. This lad is electioneering while the county is battling the virus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement