Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,940 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Leo is on the pitch and he's a ditch hurler. Undermining the government and undermining the experts in NPHET. This lad is electioneering while the county is battling the virus.

Say what?

On the Sinn Fein thread and all you can think about it Leo!!

At least this country is battling the virus. In the other country on this island, Sinn Fein are sitting on their hands while people get sick and die.

Jesus SF living rent free in your head

You say that about every poster who criticises Sinn Fein, yet you spend more time focussed on one person - Leo - than any poster focussed on a whole party.

Sure FG called 73000 professionals home and employed 200.
    Ah but Sinn Féin

This is now laughable. Some posters report posts that mention Sinn Fein on a Fine Gael thread, but when you get to the Sinn Fein thread, you can say what you like about Fine Gael, and if you mention Sinn Fein on the Sinn Fein thread, you get "Ah but Sinn Fein" in response.

Keep up the comedy lads, you are a parody of the cartoon of the fat SF guy in boxers typing at his computer in his bedroom.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1011/1170819-coronavirus-northern-ireland/

Still no action from the gobsh!tes running the North. Meeting on Tuesday now, it seems. Derry has the highest rates in Europe, yet Michelle and the gang have nothing to say or do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Leo is on the pitch and he's a ditch hurler. Undermining the government and undermining the experts in NPHET. This lad is electioneering while the county is battling the virus.

I wouldn't fancy leaving any lineballs to Sinn Féin either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Say what?

On the Sinn Fein thread and all you can think about it Leo!!

At least this country is battling the virus. In the other country on this island, Sinn Fein are sitting on their hands while people get sick and die.

I’m not in in the government. Leo Varadkar has used his minister linked social media to attack Sinn Féin non stop the last month. FG have also put together social media videos. Be more in his line to STFU and manage their portfolio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1011/1170819-coronavirus-northern-ireland/

Still no action from the gobsh!tes running the North. Meeting on Tuesday now, it seems. Derry has the highest rates in Europe, yet Michelle and the gang have nothing to say or do.

Our Govt rejected NHEPT's advice last week and have been warned every day since things are getting worse.

Our Govt rejected NHEPT's advice last week and have been warned every day since things are getting worse.

Possibly drawing out the lockdown. The level five lockdown will now have time ragged onto it because of the delay. Will Lieo and co claim the decision to delay it?no watch the backpedaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Have you a source for that? Because it if true it would contradict what I've been reading.....

As of Oct 10th 20202.

By Alix Culbertson, news reporter, and Carmen Aguilar-Garcia, data journalist

Saturday 10 October 2020 07:20, UK

The Spanish capital of Madrid remains the region with the highest COVID-19 infection rate among the European countries analysed by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).

Over the past two weeks, the city has had a rate of 754 cases per 100,000 people.

The Estonian region of Ida-Viru is close behind, with 741 cases per 100,000.

Merseyside comes in third, with 685 cases per 100,000.

Spain has more regions - one-third (seven) - among the top 22 highest infection rates than any other European country.

The UK is second, with five regions, and the Czech Republic comes in third with four regions.

Analysis of the recent infection rates found Europe is still dealing with high infection rates, with the ECDC defining rates of more than 60 cases per 100,000 as high.

Two-thirds of the 420 regions analysed are over that threshold.

Even the areas of the UK mentioned, Derry isn't there.
    Five of the 22 European regions with the highest coronavirus infection rates are in the north of England, Sky News analysis has found.

Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Northumberland and Tyne and Wear, West Yorkshire and Lancashire were among the top 5% of areas in Europe with infection rates of more than 350 cases per 100,000 people between 21 September and 4 October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

McMurphy wrote: »
    Have you a source for that? Because it if true it would contradict what I've been reading.....

As of Oct 10th 20202.

Even the areas of the UK mentioned, Derry isn't there.

The RTE link you've quoted there has Derry and Strabane at 946 per 100,000
    That would be the highest I've seen in Europe
    The Derry journal has it at 824 from 3 days ago
    Its bloody serious alright
    Its seeding Donegal without a doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

I didn't say "me" - but regardless - despite the search function on the site being a piece of crap. I did voice concerns over people arriving in from Italy unfettered.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112649688&postcount=822

Paddy's Day parade flagged here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112780893&postcount=1384

I was fairly vocal on idiots going to Cheltenham, in fact the only person I know personally that went to the place managed to get covid there (no sh1t Sherlock, well done) but for the life of me, can't recall how I worded it for the search function to pick it up.

However, *meatloaf voice* 2/3 ain't bad.

Look over there. Someone over there said it. Epic fail. Jog on.

mattser wrote: »
    Look over there. Someone over there said it. Epic fail. Jog on.

You're coming across badly as past few days mattser, someone pissed in your cornflakes or wha?

You made a silly comment, and were called out on it, what in under jaysis "someone else said it" means, after me quoting myself is beyond me.

Slink off for a few hours and come back with something better than the above scutter :D

Nobotty wrote: »
    The RTE link you've quoted there has Derry and Strabane at 946 per 100,000
    That would be the highest I've seen in Europe
    The Derry journal has it at 824 from 3 days ago
    Its bloody serious alright
    Its seeding Donegal without a doubt

There's no doubt it's serious, none at all, but it's odd that it's only RTE that seems to be mentioning the figures above, it was on BBC just yesterday or the day before that Nottingham had overtaken Derry/Strabane in terms of newly infected numbers.

Possibly drawing out the lockdown. The level five lockdown will now have time ragged onto it because of the delay. Will Lieo and co claim the decision to delay it?no watch the backpedaling.

In my opinion,the next move should be to put counties above a certain level per 100,000 into level 4 and require paperwork for getting in or out of those counties
    Fine the bejaysus out of anyone without the paperwork
    Going to nationwide level 5 should only happen if hospitals are going to be over run
    They weren't at the last surge and this is a graduated surge meaning the virus is getting into the under 45s first and then having to leap to the vulnerable
    Thats making it slower
    So if they've sense that's what they'll do

The slow motion release from the last lockdown was utterly wasted IMO
    A criminal wastage
    For a country with such a good borrowing capacity, a few billion should have been spent in the last 7 months on bed capacity
    Its a desperate bad eye off the ball episode of mis management

You're coming across badly as past few days mattser, someone pissed in your cornflakes or wha?

You made a silly comment, and were called out on it, what in under jaysis "someone else said it" means, after me quoting myself is beyond me.

Slink off for a few hours and come back with something better than the above scutter :D

There's no doubt it's serious, none at all, but it's odd that it's only RTE that seems to be mentioning the figures above, it was on BBC just yesterday or the day before that Nottingham had overtaken Derry/Strabane in terms of newly infected numbers.

It’s almost like a single island government managing both regions would help issues like this. If only there had been parties pushing for this all along.

It’s almost like a single island government managing both regions would help issues like this. If only there had been parties pushing for this all along.

A major game changer has arrived up north albeit very late and that's a new furlough scheme that pays 2 thirds of wages of business
    Thats going to give the executive the option to introduce restrictions similar or stronger than level 3 in the North
    They're going to need that because on news at one it was mentioned the north's hospital system will soon need help from Dublin
    Stronger Restrictions in the North will ease the spillover of infection into the border counties here
    So there is some hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

You don't just keep hearing it, the election result showed people are turning to Sinn Féin.

You must be hurting, Sinn Féin the largest and most popular party on the island

Yep they are but so far the other parties have save us from them. Not hurting as much as you will be if and when they manage to take power. Lest see hows it goes,

Typed out without a shred of irony I bet.

Big difference between constant carping and jeering of politicians doing their best to manage a difficult and fluid crisis and calling out stupid Mary Lou with her "open call the pubs" call. Plus I wouldn't be running the "fat Leo" insult from behind Mary Lou

Truthvader wrote: »

Yep they are but so far the other parties have save us from them. Not hurting as much as you will be if and when they manage to take power. Lest see hows it goes,

Saved us, just over 100 days and this Govt have been a shambles since week 1.
    Even today Leo's in paper saying we could go "circuit break" route 6 days after abusing Dr Tony about the same thing.
    Mícheál at lunchtime, putting doubt on what Leo said.

The 2 of them don't like each other, don't talk to each other don't respect each other and have their own interests ahead of the countries.

Big difference between constant carping and jeering of politicians doing their best to manage a difficult and fluid crisis and calling out stupid Mary Lou with her "open call the pubs" call. Plus I wouldn't be running the "fat Leo" insult from behind Mary Lou

Mary Lou as you know did not say this. Its been pointed out to you what she said numerous time. Continuing with the same lies is trolling

Absolute lies again from the Truthvader.

I have complimented FG and this new government on how they handled Brexit on the relevant threads and on their initial handling of Covid.
    And I have never said anything remotely resembling 'everything Mary Lou says is 100% correct'.

Why do you need to lie Truth?

Invite everyone to review your posting history to see the relentless promotion and justification of the Sinn Fein agenda, the "armed struggle", ordinary people who had "no choice" but to murder innocent people - plus your fanatic obsessive pre-occupation with Jack Lynches failure to send the army into Northern Ireland "as peacekeepers" in 1969. Bit late now to pretend you are some kind if disinterested commentator

• Advertisement

Mary Lou as you know did not say this. Its been pointed out to you what she said numerous time. Continuing with the same lies is trolling

Have already pointed everyone to her front page spread several times, the response has been to post different front pages and refer to different announcements she has made

aido79 wrote: »
    Any ideas of how they got to be one of the richer parties in the state?

Protection rackets? bank robberies, taxing drug dealers plus fund raising from deluded Irish Americans would be my guess. Can't see the likes of Violet Ann and there core membership contributing much

• Registered Users Posts: 68,923 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Invite everyone to review your posting history to see the relentless promotion and justification of the Sinn Fein agenda, the "armed struggle", ordinary people who had "no choice" but to murder innocent people - plus your fanatic obsessive pre-occupation with Jack Lynches failure to send the army into Northern Ireland "as peacekeepers" in 1969. Bit late now to pretend you are some kind if disinterested commentator

You lied Truth...again. Own it.

You are still lying.

You lied Truth...again. Own it.

You are still lying.

Again I make no further or other comment other then to repeat my invitation to everyone review your posting history and make up their own mind who is lying

Again I make no further or other comment other then to repeat my invitation to everyone review your posting history and make up their own mind who is lying

Which includes praise for FG when they do thngs right and never once said Mary Lou was 100% correct in everything she says.

Lies Truth, you depend on them in debate.

Which includes praise for FG when they do thngs right and never once said Mary Lou was 100% correct in everything she says.

Lies Truth, you depend on them in debate.

And again.

I invite everyone to review your posting history and make up their own minds

And again.

I invite everyone to review your posting history and make up their own minds

Why not save the time and show where I have ever said that 'Mary Lou was 100% correct about everything'.

You might redeem your credibility.

Have already pointed everyone to her front page spread several times, the response has been to post different front pages and refer to different announcements she has made

Have you the quotes she said?

There's no difference, you were just earlier today posting that it was childish to describe Leo as "Fat Leo" - i.e comment on someone's physical appearance, but when I call you out for doing the same thing, it's somehow "completely different" - you're a hypocrite, own it.

"Her front page" :D you mean the front page of the Daily Star I assume, who had an article about her appearance on the Clare Byrne show.

Now, I linked to the actual podcast of the show, I linked to several news sources including RTE that had details on what she (MLMD) actually said was, pubs already open should be allowed to remain open, provided they were following the guidelines by NPHET and were adhering to them.

It doesn't matter how many times you have been corrected on this - but there's no way on this earth you're just making a mistake on it now, deliberately misrepresenting something you repeatedly have been shown to be false in an effort to get some kind of reaction? There's a word to describe that tbh.

Any chance you can stop with the lies - you're doing yourself no favours tbh.

• Advertisement

Any chance you can stop with the lies - you're doing yourself no favours tbh.

Poster with the name of Truthvader lies at the drop of a hat about other posters and media. You couldn't make it up. There is an 'e' missing in his/her name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement