Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

A pretend funeral haha the funeral Mass was staged? Someone better tell the priest there was nobody in the coffin in the church.

You know there's no pics of the black and tan celebration as the public fairly let the Govt know what they thought about it so they made a u turn
    It was headline news for a while in case you missed it

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/commemoration-controversy-who-were-the-ric-dmp-black-and-tans-and-auxiliaries-1.4134977

So as I thought a proposal involving the RIC has been reinterpreted by lying Sinn Fein as a "Tan" commemoration.

Well done lads caught out again

We know, we had the GFA since then and thankfully the North's a better place for it.

So why are "we" celebrating the life and times of this vile person with a "graveside oration"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    So why are "we" celebrating the life and times of this vile person with a "graveside oration"

Were you there?

Jaysus SF frogmatching people to funerals.

So as I thought a proposal involving the RIC has been reinterpreted by lying Sinn Fein as a "Tan" commemoration.

Just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Tans were the RIC, the problem Charlie ran into was historys refusal to rewrite itself for him

Very inconvenient :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

:pac:

Time to swot up Mr Vader, sorry it's not from the "star" but this'll have to do.

Commemoration controversy: Who were the RIC, DMP, Black and Tans, and Auxiliaries?

What has all of this got to do with the Black and Tans and the Auxiliaries?
    The Black and Tans were special constables recruited in Britain at the end of 1919 and 1920 to bolster the RIC and DMP, who were struggling with a boycott of the police and with mounting attacks by the IRA.

The Black and Tans and the Auxiliaries were mostly drawn from the ranks of ex-servicemen who had fought in the first World War. They began to arrive in Ireland in March 1920.

They were called Black and Tans because their uniforms initially were half-black (RIC) and half-khaki (British army), symbolising that they were half in the RIC and half out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Give me some of that weed, seems good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Where is Leo anyway, been a few days since he tried to have a go at Sinn Féin.

Did something happen over last few days? Last I heard was him defending himself Weds over his meltdown Monday

Looks like another one blew up in his face. Yet it's SF who don't have a clue lol.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1315320889081319425?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

So know they are in the pocket on the world's biggest drug cartel

Another day

So know they are in the pocket on the world's biggest drug cartel

Another day

So know they are what?

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    The Tans were the RIC, the problem Charlie ran into was historys refusal to rewrite itself for him

Very inconvenient :o

Nope sorry this wont do. Another Sinn Fein smudge and smear campaign.

The RIC and the Met were the "Guards" of the day made up of Irish men recruited locally who provided a police service from about 1830 onwards

The Black and Tans were English World War 1 vets recruited in London and sent to Ireland to quell the rebellion as the RIC were unable and in some cases unwilling to do so.

Not the same thing, though given the Sinn Fein /IRA record on murdering Guards hardly surprising that they would take the opportunity to smear their predecessors

Interestingly the usual "we have the GFA let everyone honour their dead and we will all move on" Sinn Fein lying fudge only applies to the likes of Bobby Storey but does not apply to policemen from 100 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

smurgen wrote: »
    Looks like another one blew up in his face. Yet it's SF who don't have a clue lol.

Discussed in the other thread, where the stupidity and naivety of Pearse and Co was made abundantly clear.

The RIC and the Met were the "Guards" of the day made up of Irish men recruited locally who provided a police service from about 1830 onwards

The Black and Tans were English World War 1 vets recruited in London and sent to Ireland to quell the rebellion as the RIC were unable and in some cases unwilling to do so.

Not the same thing, though given the Sinn Fein /IRA record on murdering Guards hardly surprising that they would take the opportunity to smear their predecessors

Interestingly the usual "we have the GFA let everyone honour their dead and we will all move on" Sinn Fein lying fudge only applies to the likes of Bobby Storey but does not apply to policemen from 100 years ago

You need to get a life

Are you now disputing that the Tans were RIC constables? :D

Gas stuff

Gas stuff

Q. Who were the Black and Tans?
    By late 1919 the RIC were intimidated and boycotted causing many officers to resign and few recruits to join. The London government would not openly acknowledge a “war” in Ireland. In January 1920 they began recruiting an auxiliary police force in Britain made up of ex-soldiers to support policing in Ireland. Officially called the “RIC Reserve,” their black tunics and kakhi trousers earned them their name after a pack of foxhounds in Co Limerick. They often operated independently of the RIC with whom they often had a very uneasy relationship. They became a byword for terror and atrocities enflaming public opinion.

Everybody happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

smurgen wrote: »

Jesus that's a long document
    The irish taxation institute has a response that includes the following:
    4. Preserving tax sovereignty
    As outlined in our response to Question 2, Ireland has engaged in the redesign of the global tax
    framework and has fully committed to introducing a range of tax reforms.
    While it is important that we continue to engage constructively on such matters, we must remain
    cognisant of the impact of any proposals on Ireland’s tax sovereignty. The European Commission
    has always stated clearly that the power to levy taxes is central to the sovereignty of EU Member
    States.
    Some recent proposals emerging from the Commission could represent an erosion of tax
    sovereignty, in particular the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (“CCCTB”). Countries need
    the flexibility to set their tax base to suit their economic policies, whether this is to stimulate growth
    in certain industries, alter their tax revenue mix, or fund capital investment. This is particularly
    important for small open economies like Ireland.

I agree and believe the 300000 jobs are too important to mess with
    I didn't know(but should have guessed) that it was brought up here because Vradakar tweeted something something Sinn Féin
    Its not as if Ireland has been doing nothing in terms of tax transparency
    Its been doing a lot!
    See the document in its entirely for more details on the tax institute website

https://taxinstitute.ie/

It might be easier to Google their exact response document which is what I did

Gas stuff

Keeps using the term "Sinn Fein IRA"

Refuses to recognise that the tans and RIC were one and the same.

Irony level - Grand Master.

The RIC and B&T's have a commemoration every year and nobody has a problem with them being remembered as people.

Where the 'problem' arises is having them officially commemorated by the state.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

is it the black and tans (mostly ex brit service men ) or the RIC mostly local Irish policemen ye have a problem with ?

are they going to bally up and fire shots from illegal guns over the graves do ye think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Q. Who were the Black and Tans?
    By late 1919 the RIC were intimidated and boycotted causing many officers to resign and few recruits to join. The London government would not openly acknowledge a “war” in Ireland. In January 1920 they began recruiting an auxiliary police force in Britain made up of ex-soldiers to support policing in Ireland. Officially called the “RIC Reserve,” their black tunics and kakhi trousers earned them their name after a pack of foxhounds in Co Limerick. They often operated independently of the RIC with whom they often had a very uneasy relationship. They became a byword for terror and atrocities enflaming public opinion.

Everybody happy?

Nope.

Faced with the need for more, better-prepared men wearing police uniforms, the government augmented RIC numbers and capabilities by recruiting Great War veterans from throughout the UK.

The new recruits stood out in RIC ranks anyway, but an initial shortage of complete bottle-green constabulary uniforms resulted in the temporary issue of military khaki and the name that stuck: the ‘Black-and-Tans’. The Black-and-Tans were sworn as constables to reinforce county stations and their experience with weapons and tactics gave the RIC a tougher edge.

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/who-were-the-black-and-tans/

The Black and Tans (Irish: Dúchrónaigh)[1] were constables recruited into the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) as reinforcements during the Irish War of Independence.[2] Recruitment began in Great Britain in January 1920 and about 10,000 men enlisted during the conflict. The vast majority were unemployed former soldiers from Great Britain who fought in the First World War, although some were from Ireland.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What is John Finnegan doing representing Daniel Kinahan? This is not the only link between SF and this drug lord, but you can’t choose your family I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

What is John Finnegan doing representing Daniel Kinahan? This is not the only link between SF and this drug lord, but you can’t choose your family I suppose.

I'd take a wild guess and say because he's a solicitor who is good at his job. Aren't the same firm representing Carl Frampton against the McGuigans.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    I'd take a wild guess and say because he's a solicitor who is good at his job. Aren't the same firm representing Carl Frampton against the McGuigans.

Ha yes . And Daniel Kinahan is Carl framptons boss

Big Jim O'Callaghan represented Gerry Adams, he's obviously a shinner now too John?

Joseph's Madigan represented Maria Bailey, is she now an insurance scammer?

You see where this is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Ha yes . And Daniel Kinahan is Carl framptons boss

He's not.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Big Jim O'Callaghan represented Gerry Adams, he's obviously a shinner now too John?

Joseph's Madigan represented Maria Bailey, is she now an insurance scammer?

You see where this is going?

Has there ever been a case in this country where a criminal hasn't had representation? I doubt it very much.

Sorry but this one made me laugh, and I actually dusted off the twittering machine to retweet it.

You could aptly replace Leo's name with a myriad of posters on these forums:D

https://twitter.com/aoifexdoyle/status/1315364515538710528?s=19

He's not.

Lol

Who the f**k is John Finnegan? Any relation to Michael?

Of course, John Finucane MP representing the Kinehans and defending their good name is not a great look for SF.

• Advertisement

He's not.

Counsel for Mr McGuigan, Liam McCollum QC, put it to Mr Frampton that MTK Global could be seen as a “front” for a criminal organisation.

“I’m not aware of that,” the boxer replied.

When it was claimed that one of those allegedly involved with MTK was Kinahan, a suspected crime boss, he said: “I’ve heard the stories… I don’t suspect anything.”

Yep, nothing to see here

FFS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement