Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Truthvader wrote: »
    Counsel for Mr McGuigan, Liam McCollum QC, put it to Mr Frampton that MTK Global could be seen as a “front” for a criminal organisation.

“I’m not aware of that,” the boxer replied.

When it was claimed that one of those allegedly involved with MTK was Kinahan, a suspected crime boss, he said: “I’ve heard the stories… I don’t suspect anything.”

Yep, nothing to see here

FFS

I don't see any mention of Kinahan here:
    https://mtkglobal.com/about/

Unless you can back up your allegations with hard facts????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Has there ever been a case in this country where a criminal hasn't had representation? I doubt it very much.

Do ye reckon John F. would represent Paratroopers or Loyalist death squads? Where would they be in the general scheme of clients, above or below Kinehan? Kinda weird the Kinehans would use a Belfast solicitor to have a go at Dublin Newspapers mabye he was recommended by a mutual friend :confused:

Of course, he might have to send his party leader a cease and desist letter given she said some unflattering things about the Kinehans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

grayzer75 wrote: »

Head. i'd like you to meet sand .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bambi wrote: »
    Do ye reckon John F. would represent Paratroopers or Loyalist death squads? Where would they be in the general scheme of clients, above or below Kinehan? Kinda weird the Kinehans would use a Belfast solicitor to have a go at Dublin Newspapers mabye he was recommended by a mutual friend :confused:

Of course, he might have to send his party leader a cease and desist letter given she said some unflattering things about the Kinehans :D

I am sure somebody would represent a paratrooper just as everybody in my living memory has found representation. Was Finucane asked?

Head. i'd like you to meet sand .

Are you typing with your toes or something because you don't make any sense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

What is John Finnegan doing representing Daniel Kinahan? This is not the only link between SF and this drug lord, but you can’t choose your family I suppose.

He is a solicitor.

Have you an issue with every solicitor who represents certain people?

How about all the solicitors who defended any priests for years of rape and tourture of young boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Westminster is full of lawyers who have defended and prosecuted criminals or alleged criminals
    Its a job
    Get over it

I am sure somebody would represent a paratrooper just as everybody in my living memory has found representation. Was Finucane asked?

Its an entirely theoretical question, Would this SF MP draw the line at representing certain clients? I think he would but the Kinehans are on the other side of that line, a lot of Dublin people will less than impressed with that

Again, don't hunt with the hounds up north while making a big deal of running with the foxes down south :o

He is a solicitor.

Its his side gig as a Sinn Fein MP that's the issue.

What's the issue exactly?

• Advertisement

Its an entirely theoretical question, Would this SF MP draw the line at representing certain clients? I think he would but the Kinehans are on the other side of that line, a lot of Dublin people will less than impressed with that

Again, don't hunt with the hounds up north while making a big deal of running with the foxes down south :o

So it's open season now on solicitors and barristers and who they represent?

I know solictors who wear representing anyone who comes to them (whatever they think of them) as a badge of honour and a human right.
    Given Finucanes past, I think the likelihood is that he is one of those.

You have no idea how he would approach representing a paratrooper if asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

That's not what I'm suggesting. If someone can prove their income has been severely hampered by Covid I think either
    A. The Govt should pay the rent until the pandemic is over
    B. A ban on these people getting evicted.

350 per week, is roughly 1400 a month
    A 1 bed apartment in Dundalk is Prov 900 per month, add bills to that and best of luck surviving for a month

So maybe introduce a system where it's done on a case by case basis rather than a blanket ban on evictions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

What's the issue exactly?

clearly to everyone not pretending to ignore it the issue is that there is a clear link between a terrorist organisation IRA and SF who claim loudly and often to be innocent of any wrong doing and one of the larger criminal organisations in the world

but im sure you knew that …..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is very inappropriate that voted public representatives are supporting international crime.

Shameful.

This is not a case of supporting freedom fighters or sticking up for subjugated Irish nationals in the 1980's, like his brilliant father did. This is a paid MP working directly for an international crime syndicate.

The same posters only last month going into hysterical faux outrage over a few fat cats attending a golf dinner are now 6 weeks later defending MP's who support heroin dealers.... lovely.

This is guttersnipe politics and as a country we should not be tolerating it. I don't care if you are left wing, right wing or a phucking chicken wing. I am astonished he has not resigned yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

I know solictors who wear representing anyone who comes to them (whatever they think of them) as a badge of honour and a human right.

jesus you're scraping another barrel

defamation cases as a human right...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't have a problem with Kinahan having a solicitor and if it is a solicitor with Sinn Fein links, that isn't a problem either, in fact it would be a good move for him to get a solicitor used to representing criminals.

I do have a problem with double-jobbing though, that is an issue, if the solicitor is an MP, but again, I am not too bothered as it is another country, Northern Ireland. So let people up there get bothered about it, to me it is simply another sign of SF hypocrisy.

Where I do have a big problem is with hypocritical posters who were loud and shouting about Josepha Madigan representing Maria Bailey (even though Madigan wasn't even a TD at the time) but now see nothing wrong.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    clearly to everyone not pretending to ignore it the issue is that there is a clear link between a terrorist organisation IRA and SF who claim loudly and often to be innocent of any wrong doing and one of the larger criminal organisations in the world

but im sure you knew that …..

So you don't like the fact that a fully qualified and successful solicitor is also an MP?

Nobotty wrote: »
    Westminster is full of lawyers who have defended and prosecuted criminals or alleged criminals
    Its a job
    Get over it

Name me one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

How about this? The lying High Court again I suppose. Maybe Eoin O'Broin or someone more trustworthy could set the record straight. Hard to know who to trust

The boxing promotions company MTK has announced it has entered into a partnership with Daniel Kinahan and KHK Sports to stage the world's biggest boxing and combat sports events in the Middle East.

Kinahan has been identified in the High Court in Dublin as a senior figure in organised crime on a global scale.

The Criminal Assets Bureau said he "controlled and managed" the operations of the Kinahan organised crime group, an organisation that smuggles drugs and guns into Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe and "has associations that facilitate international criminal activity in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America".

MTK had previously denied it had any relationship with Kinahan.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with Kinahan having a solicitor and if it is a solicitor with Sinn Fein links, that isn't a problem either, in fact it would be a good move for him to get a solicitor used to representing criminals.

I do have a problem with double-jobbing though, that is an issue, if the solicitor is an MP, but again, I am not too bothered as it is another country, Northern Ireland. So let people up there get bothered about it, to me it is simply another sign of SF hypocrisy.

Where I do have a big problem is with hypocritical posters who were loud and shouting about Josepha Madigan representing Maria Bailey (even though Madigan wasn't even a TD at the time) but now see nothing wrong.

I hope you are not once again misrepresenting me blanch?

I offered no opinion on Bailey's representation whatsoever.

I happen to think it is a fundamental human and legal right to have representation by whomever.

• Advertisement

How about this? The lying High Court again I suppose. Maybe Eoin O'Broin or someone more trustworthy could set the record straight. Hard to know who to trust

The boxing promotions company MTK has announced it has entered into a partnership with Daniel Kinahan and KHK Sports to stage the world's biggest boxing and combat sports events in the Middle East.

Kinahan has been identified in the High Court in Dublin as a senior figure in organised crime on a global scale.

The Criminal Assets Bureau said he "controlled and managed" the operations of the Kinahan organised crime group, an organisation that smuggles drugs and guns into Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe and "has associations that facilitate international criminal activity in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America".

MTK had previously denied it had any relationship with Kinahan.

The partnership never came to be so........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is very inappropriate that voted public representatives are supporting international crime.

Shameful.

This is not a case of supporting freedom fighters or sticking up for subjugated Irish nationals in the 1980's, like his brilliant father did. This is a paid MP working directly for an international crime syndicate.

The same posters only last month going into hysterical faux outrage over a few fat cats attending a golf dinner are now 6 weeks later defending MP's who support heroin dealers.... lovely.

This is guttersnipe politics and as a country we should not be tolerating it. I don't care if you are left wing, right wing or a phucking chicken wing. I am astonished he has not resigned yet.

Quite apart from the specific content of this thread I have a problem with lawyers prepared to represent and reap fees from known criminals. Where do they think their money comes from? Not OK to cream money of the back of murders and heroin addicted teen prostitutes IMO. Many more involved than Sinn Fein connected Solicitors to be fair

Quite apart from the specific content of this thread I have a problem with lawyers prepared to represent and reap fees from known criminals. Where do they think their money comes from? Not OK to cream money of the back of murders and heroin addicted teen prostitutes IMO. Many more involved than Sinn Fein connected Solicitors to be fair

All criminals need solicitors. That is a simple fact. I can live with it.

But elected MP's who are representing Heroin Dealers who are simply pouring gear into north Belfast and South Antrim is simply appalling. There is no defence for it.

Any normal solicitors practice would be able to vet any potential client. What else is he doing for them? If he is writing letters to the Bel Tel he could be doing anything for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So you cannot be a solicitor and an MP?

Maybe we should compile a list of people solicitors should or should not represent

So you cannot be a solicitor and an MP?

Maybe we should compile a list of people solicitors should represent

No, you are perfectly entitled to do both.

But do you think it is appropriate that an MP is supporting an international crime syndicate which is flooding Belfast city with Heroin, even in his own constituency?

No, you are perfectly entitled to do both.

But do you think it is appropriate that an MP is supporting an international crime syndicate which is flooding Belfast city with Heroin, even in his own constituency?

Where does it say he is supporting them?

Where does it say he is supporting them?

By working for them and taking them on as clients he is supporting them.

Get a grip please.

I'd suggest a few posters acquaint themselves with defence solicitors and barristers codes of ethics.

There isn't much left to go to a totalitarian state if you deny people representation at trial.

By working for them and taking them on as clients he is supporting them.

Get a grip please.

I think it's yourself needs to get a grip.

Just because somebody in the legal profession is hired to give counsel to a client does not mean they support the activities of that client.

That would be like saying Micheal O'Higgins SC supports cop killers because he defended Aaron Brady when I'd say there zero chance of that.

• Advertisement

I'd suggest a few posters acquaint themselves with defence solicitors and barristers codes of ethics.

There isn't much left to go to a totalitarian state if you deny people representation at trial.

All well and good Francie. But there are ethics involved here.

As an MP he is entitled to be a criminal defence solicitor also.

But representing a community in one breath and then endorsing a crime syndicate that is polluting it with heroin is another.

I respect that you have a " movement" to support. But at some point you need to decide what you are supporting? The people of that community,or the international crime syndicate that is supplying it with Heroin and Cocaine?

It is a simple argument really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement