Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

jh79 wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

It was very Adamsesque.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Up one percent from the last election is 'losing support'...interesting.

I wouldnt even bother, im enjoying this thread some of the nonsense with no proof at all is fantastic reading

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Lord Mayor in photo shock - have a day off ffs :rolleyes:

Did MTK not promote a fight night as part of Féile na Phobail last year?

Bit more than just a photo op unless you want to start contending that Sinn Fein and the Wider Republican Movement have no say in what the Féile does.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

'Promoting' is a word you plucked out of the air JH79. It's utter invention.

Be careful whose smear campaigns you get involved in.

Smears are generally false. Finucane took on Daniel Kinahane as a client, thats not a smear.

Inferring that SF are involved in drug dealing or taking drug money would be a smear

Stating that SF seem to have a problem putting clear blue water between themselves and the Kinahans is not. And thats something a political party should be able to do very easily because most political parties would avoid them like the bloody plague to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

To be fair Francie, SF presented the opportunity to the FG TD. The Finucanes chose to represent Frampton and Fat Freddy, Belfast SF chose to promote MTK as part of Feile Na Phobail. MLD chose to write about Kinahan in the Sun even though her party were actively promoting his boxing company and their boxers.

Are you claiming now that there is something wrong with being Frampton's solicitor (which John Finucane has been since 2017, prior to his election as an MP).

Michael Finucane was selected from a Free Legal Aid list provided to Fat Freedy by the Irish Justice System. Why is the Irish State providing Free Legal Aid to Fat Freddy?

How was Belfast Sinn Fein promoting MTK as part of Feile na Phobail?

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Smears are generally false. Finucane took on Daniel Kinahane as a client, thats not a smear.

So is Finucane telling lies here when he says this:

John Finucane told Sunday Life he does not represent Mr Kinahan, and there is no suggestion that there was anything improper in the company previously accepting instructions from him

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/finucanes-firm-acted-for-dublin-crime-lord-daniel-kinahan-39609766.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

jm08 wrote: »
    Are you claiming now that there is something wrong with being Frampton's solicitor (which John Finucane has been since 2017, prior to his election as an MP).

Michael Finucane was selected from a Free Legal Aid list provided to Fat Freedy by the Irish Justice System. Why is the Irish State providing Free Legal Aid to Fat Freddy?

How was Belfast Sinn Fein promoting MTK as part of Feile na Phobail?

No, i said there are links between MTK and SF. The Finucane's have worked for people associated with MTK. With regards to Fat Freddy i believe they chose to work with him but i am open to correction.

MTK staged a fight as part of Feile Na Phobail even though they are not allowed fight in the Republic. Members of SF had their photos taken with MTK boxers with full knowledge of who runs MTK. SF's leader then writes an article in the Sun highlighting the damage the very same person has done to this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

No, i said there are links between MTK and SF. The Finucane's have worked for people associated with MTK. With regards to Fat Freddy i believe they chose to work with him but i am open to correction.

MTK staged a fight as part of Feile Na Phobail even though they are not allowed fight in the Republic. Members of SF had their photos taken with MTK boxers with full knowledge of who runs MTK. SF's leader then writes an article in the Sun highlighting the damage the very same person has done to this country.

Who said they're not allowed to fight in the Republic?

SF members had pics taken with local fighters who they've known long before the fighters signed for MTK.

I see SF are losing support up North according to the latest opinion poll, and that Michelle O'Neill is ranked as the worst party leader, with more than 6 in 10 people believing her performance this year has been bad or awful. She only has a 22% approval rating.

Colum Eastwood has the highest approval rating at 47%, and the SDLP are also growing their support. He has been extremely impressive the few times I've heard him speak recently.

Sinn Fein losing support but up 1%.

Hows them maths Johnny

https://mtkglobal.com/mtk-fight-night/belfast-lord-mayor-hails-feile-event/

Lord Mayor of Belfast John Finucane is honoured to have the city part of a historic event on Saturday when Michael Conlan headlines the huge #MTKFightNight at Féile an Phobail.

• Advertisement

Lord Mayor of Belfast John Finucane is honoured to have the city part of a historic event on Saturday when Michael Conlan headlines the huge #MTKFightNight at Féile an Phobail.

Belfast Mayor honoured to have Belfast fighter fighting in Belfast....SHOCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You are aware of the MTK connections here, no?

Serious serious criminality linked to MTK and a certain cartel

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bambi wrote: »

Inferring that SF are involved in drug dealing or taking drug money would be a smear

Stating that SF seem to have a problem putting clear blue water between themselves and the Kinahans is not. And thats something a political party should be able to do very easily because most political parties would avoid them like the bloody plague to begin with

Sure Bambi...I suppose you'll pretend nobody was 'inferring' anything?

You guys live in a seedy world where allegation is enough already. You love the inferring stuff too.

and also the the biggest Feile ever which brought millions of pounds into Belfast. I was at the Wolfe Tones that weekend. Fantastic weekened with fantastic people.

"Read the roll of honour for Ireland's bravest men
    We must be united in memory of the ten,
    England you're a monster, don't think that you have won
    We will never be defeated while Ireland has such sons
    In those dreary H-Block cages ten brave young Irishmen lay
    Hungering for justice as their young lives ebbed away,
    For their rights as Irish soldiers and to free their native land
    They stood beside their leader - the gallant Bobby Sands"

And before anyone says it no, I know loadds of Kinahans but none from Dublin

walshb wrote: »
    You are aware of the MTK connections here, no?

Serious serious criminality linked to MTK and a certain cartel

I'm aware of a rag paper making a whole story out of two letters sent previously by a solicitors practice as legally instructed to do so.

I'm also aware of a certain FG politician making a complete tit of himself on Twitter regarding this (SF live rent free in the heads of FG as we all know, especially is his and Leo The Liar's heads).

I'm also aware of the alleged criminality of a person who was previously linked to that organisation which has nothing to do with Feile, SF or the mayors office :rolleyes:

That link says ''BT Sport in association with Queensberry Promotions''.

Frank Warran was the promotor, not MTK Global.

Who said they're not allowed to fight in the Republic?

SF members had pics taken with local fighters who they've known long before the fighters signed for MTK.

The garda are afraid of further shootings so won't allow fights to take place. The same is the case for Katie Taylor because her father trained some MTK fighters.

With regards the fighters who , surely SF should have cut ties with them as soon as they signed for MTK.

Hahaha He will come back for more 100%.

Hutch said its true, its true right and it was on the gansgter thread on boards :D

I'm aware of a rag paper making a whole story out of two letters sent previously by a solicitors practice as legally instructed to do so.

I'm also aware of a certain FG politician making a complete tit of himself on Twitter regarding this (SF live rent free in the heads of FG as we all know, especially is his and Leo The Liar's heads).

I'm also aware of the alleged criminality of a person who was previously linked to that organisation which has nothing to do with Feile, SF or the mayors office :rolleyes:

MTK stands for Meet the Kinahans. DK claimed to have stood down from his role but Tyson Fury slipped up by praising his role in negotiating his latest fight.

That is the MTK website you are reading. Michael Conlon is employed by MTK. The picture i previously posted shows Finuncane in City hall with Conlon and the MTK team including one man arrested a s part of Operation Shovel.

• Advertisement

MTK stands for Meet the Kinahans. DK claimed to have stood down from his role but Tyson Fury slipped up by praising his role in negotiating his latest fight.

oh jesus hahah

MTK Global (Mack The Knife Global) is a boxing and MMA management and event promotions, was originally established as MGM (Macklins Gym Marbella)

Meet the Kinahans :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hahaha He will come back for more 100%.

Hutch said its true, its true right and it was on the gansgter thread on boards :D

https://mtkglobal.com/tag/feile-an-phobail/

Described by MTK as "the historic MTK fight night"

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Meet The Knutjob

oh jesus hahah

MTK Global (Mack The Knife Global) is a boxing and MMA management and event promotions, was originally established as MGM (Macklins Gym Marbella)

Meet the Kinahans :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/true-warrior-mob-boss-kinahan-breaks-twitter-silence-to-heap-praise-on-beaten-boxer-conlan-36336221.html

Are we really saying that Conlon and Barnes don't fight for MTK now?

Here Paddy Barnes having a chat with his boss

https://www.buzz.ie/news/exclusive-mtk-fighters-including-conlan-and-barnes-banned-from-fighting-in-ireland-229131#

I cant take you serious after you said MTK Global stands for Meet the Kinahans :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Meet The Knutjob

Why is this upsetting you lot so much? At the moment it just looks like bad judgement on the behalf of Belfast SF and that Conlon is a massive hypocrite.

In the shameful history of SF and the IRA this is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well, at least you got as far as the sub-header, pity you didn't go further.

"The law firm co-owned by Sinn Fein MP and high-profile solicitor John Finucane acted for a global drug lord when he threatened to sue several Irish newspapers.

Daniel Kinahan engaged Mr Finucane's firm, Finucane Toner, to send out legal letters after he was named as the head of one of the world's biggest drug cartels.

The company, in which Mr Finucane is one of two partners, sent out two letters in April this year."

Enough there to damn him. It's mad that the Shinner defence has moved around from

(1) he had no choice, not realising that solicitors have choice, barristers don't
    (2) it wasn't Kinahan, it was a company, not realising that it was a personal defamation case
    (3) he didn't represent him at all, despite confirmation that he did.

What bizarre road will this defence take next?

I cant take you serious after you said MTK Global stands for Meet the Kinahans :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't worry i'll keep the thread updated with all the latest revelations as long as they are not libelous.

Why is this upsetting you lot so much? At the moment it just looks like bad judgement on the behalf of Belfast SF and that Conlon is a massive hypocrite.

In the shameful history of SF and the IRA this is nothing.

How is it upsetting me, I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Meet The Kinahans hahahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement

How is it upsetting me, I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Meet The Kinahans hahahahahahahahaha

I'll ask you the same question i asked Francie, should SF associate with MTK and should their fights be banned in NI as they are in the Republic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement