Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

jh79 wrote: »
    I'll ask you the same question i asked Francie, should SF associate with MTK and should their fights be banned in NI as they are in the Republic?

SF aren't associated with MTK so it's a non story - a solicitor sending letters and a mayor having a picture taken with a local boxer is all it is.

There's no legal reason to ban their fights in the north and they're not banned in the south - they just took advice from the Gardai that they could come under attack if they staged events so chose not to, that's up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I'll ask you the same question i asked Francie, should SF associate with MTK and should their fights be banned in NI as they are in the Republic?

The only reason they can't get a licence from the Boxing Union of Ireland to fight in the republic is because they can't get insurance because of what happened at the Regency Hotel.

There are no such risks in having fights in Belfast and thats why they are not banned there.

What way is SF associating with MTK?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

grayzer75 wrote: »
    SF aren't associated with MTK so it's a non story - a solicitor sending letters and a mayor having a picture taken with a local boxer is all it is.

There's no legal reason to ban their fights in the north and they're not banned in the south - they just took advice from the Gardai that they could come under attack if they staged events so chose not to, that's up to them.

The picture also included a member of MTK who was arrested as part of Operation Shovel so not just a local boxer.

The BUI are refusing to issue licences to any MTK event which means they are banned in Ireland. Boxing cannot go ahead in Ireland without a licence from the BUI.

The picture also included a member of MTK who was arrested as part of Operation Shovel so not just a local boxer.

The BUI are refusing to issue licences to any MTK event which means they are banned in Ireland. Boxing cannot go ahead in Ireland without a licence from the BUI.

Has that person been charged, brought before the courts and found guilty of an offence?

jm08 wrote: »
    The only reason they can't get a licence from the Boxing Union of Ireland to fight in the republic is because they can't get insurance because of what happened at the Regency Hotel.

There are no such risks in having fights in Belfast and thats why they are not banned there.

What way is SF associating with MTK?

They provide publicity for MTK boxers and helped promote the MTK event as part of Phobail Na Feile.

SF could easily of let the fight go ahead without publicizing it on social media and in the media.

• Advertisement

Has that person been charged, brought before the courts and found guilty of an offence?

Jaysus , you're not going down the rabbit hole that DK isn't one of the biggest drug dealers in Europe?

*edit - my mistake, i see you're referring to the guy pictured with Finucane. I believe he was charged but it was in the papers that Operation Shovel was a disaster with only a few minor charges sticking. DK's father is to be done for passport fraud, another gang member for money laundering and one for possession of a firearm. I'll have a check later to see what happened to yer man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You are slightly over reaching there.

Are you supporting Sinn Féin or the Kinahan Cartel?

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Neither, he's suggested that SF are linked to the Kinahans by MTK (Meet The Kinahans :D) because the mayor of Belfast was in a photograph with about 20 people relating to a fight promoted by Frank Warren which took place at Feile.

Neither, he's suggested that SF are linked to the Kinahans by MTK (Meet The Kinahans :D) because the mayor of Belfast was in a photograph with about 20 people relating to a fight promoted by Frank Warren which took place at Feile.

Jaysus, you're not suggesting MTK were not involved in the fight now?

Have a look at this poster from the Feile website. Whose logo do you see?

http://feilebelfast.com/calendar-list/michael-conlan-v-vladimir-nikitin/

• Advertisement

Well no. The only connection that I am aware of between the Kinahan Cartel and Sinn Féin is that they are clients in John Finucane MP's law firm?

Are you saying that there is another connection?

Have a look at this poster from the Feile website. Whose logo do you see?

http://feilebelfast.com/calendar-list/michael-conlan-v-vladimir-nikitin/

Top Rank is the main one.

Everyone knows that Conlan is a MTK fighter. But being an MTK fighter hasn't stopped him sitting on either Ryan Tubridy or Tommy Tiernan's couch in recent times.

Top Rank is the main one.

Everyone knows that Conlan is a MTK fighter. But being an MTK fighter hasn't stopped him sitting on either Ryan Tubridy or Tommy Tiernan's couch in recent times.

Doubt you'll be seeing him again on Irish TV.

Given what we know about MTK should SF distance themselves from Conlon and Barnes and any other sport stars working for MTK?

They provide publicity for MTK boxers and helped promote the MTK event as part of Phobail Na Feile.

SF could easily of let the fight go ahead without publicizing it on social media and in the media.

To what purpose?

Doubt you'll be seeing him again on Irish TV.

Given what we know about MTK should SF distance themselves from Conlon and Barnes and any other sport stars working for MTK?
    It looks to me as if MTK International (and now the boxing community in general) are distancing themselves from Kinahan.
    None of them seemed to knew anything (and when they did find out, were not put out) about Kinahan up until recently.
    Boxing seems to be fairly different in that regard.

To what purpose?

Because of who runs MTK and the damage they have done to the whole island.

Did you read what MLD said about Kinehan? Surely the correct thing to do for all political parties on the island is to avoid any association with MTK.

Katie Taylor managed to forge a career without signing to MTK. Conlan, Frampton and Barnes chose to work with him. SF can chose to do the right thing and stop giving them exposure in the press and on social media.

It looks to me as if MTK International (and now the boxing community in general) are distancing themselves from Kinahan.
    None of them seemed to knew anything (and when they did find out, were not put out) about Kinahan up until recently.
    Boxing seems to be fairly different in that regard.

The Regency changed all that.

Kinahan claimed to have stepped down but Fury messed up by thanking him for negotiating his up-coming fight.

Well no. The only connection that I am aware of between the Kinahan Cartel and Sinn Féin is that they are clients in John Finucane MP's law firm?

Are you saying that there is another connection?

According to John Finucane they are not.

Quote:
    John Finucane told Sunday Life he does not represent Mr Kinahan, and there is no suggestion that there was anything improper in the company previously accepting instructions from him

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-39609766.html
    user_online.pngreport.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

How is it upsetting me, I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Meet The Kinahans hahahahahahahahaha

The alternative "Mack the Knife" doesn't make it any better of a look for Sinn Fein.

Both, he is supporting both. Good republicans all.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The alternative "Mack the Knife" doesn't make it any better of a look for Sinn Fein.

Matthew Macklin originally ran the company as MGM i think but Mack the Knife was his fighting name.

DK took over the company and the papers claim he refers to it as "Meet the Kinehans".

Matthew Macklin originally ran the company as MGM i think but Mack the Knife was his fighting name.

DK took over the company and the papers claim he refers to it as "Meet the Kinehans".

The origin of Mack the Knife is in a song about a gangster. Fits the profile.

In 2017 Macklin announced that his partner Kinahan would be stepping back from boxing promotion due to bad publicity.[8] The gym rebranded as MTK - Mack the Knife, as MGM Resorts International filed a trademark lawsuit over its use of the 'MGM' initials.[8] MTK was bought out by external investors, with Matthew Macklin remaining on the board in an advisory capacity.[10]

Its quite interesting to see that all the papers, when writing about MTK always say that Macklin has no association with anything illegal. I'd say that goes for all their boxers as well. Macklin ran a very popular gym in Spain and thats who the boxers were signing up with when they joined MTK, not Kinahan. They probably thought that he was gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Haha thats Matthew Macklin fight name

Jesus boys and girls, will yas please try know what things mean before you shout nonsense.

Meet the Kinahans and now this :D:D:D

Its quite interesting to see that all the papers, when writing about MTK always say that Macklin has no association with anything illegal. I'd say that goes for all their boxers as well. Macklin ran a very popular gym in Spain and thats who the boxers were signing up with when they joined MTK, not Kinahan. They probably thought that he was gone.

As i've said already, Tyson Fury slipped up by telling the world Kinehan negotiated his fight with Joshua.

The Irish boxers where signed when Kinehan was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The origin of Mack the Knife is in a song about a gangster. Fits the profile.

My old parish priest used sing Mack the Knife as his party piece...is he a crim too? :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

So sf or their members have nothing to do with MTK and even if they do MTK is a legit boxing promotion with no connection to crime or criminality is that the party line this time ??

lol

According to John Finucane they are not.

Quote:
    John Finucane told Sunday Life he does not represent Mr Kinahan, and there is no suggestion that there was anything improper in the company previously accepting instructions from him

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-39609766.html
    user_online.pngreport.gif

But there are official letters all over twitter stating the contrary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But there are official letters all over twitter stating the contrary?

'All over twitter'?

I keep a fair eye on a good political and media cross section of twitter opinion and that is an exaggeration of staggering proportions to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement