Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Eh - no I "alerted" you to the interview (or anyone else reading the thread) that O'Neill was on the radio saying that she wanted to see an island wide approach to the pandemic.

From what I've been reading there was "disagreement" among party's in the executive, about what or which restrictions to introduce.

Can you join the dots?

Because like yesterday, you wanted to try and bring up a funeral from almost four months ago, yet when you were asked to explain the difference in the shinner funeral, which didn't break any lockdown restrictions, but did see social distancing guidelines being flouted, and that with mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, which was held in the middle of the lockdown, and similarly had mourners flouting guidelines, you didn't answer and slunk off.

This morning, "the funeral" is brought up again, I inform you you ran off from that discussion yesterday, so you come back with something no-one said "Michelle O'Neill is an all island spokesperson"

Cop on.

As you have been told many many times, there were differences between the Horkan funeral and the Storey political rally.

We don't see anyone coming on here to alert us to Leo's appearances in the media (other than Shinners having a go at him) or Martin's or Ryan's (except when someone wants to post a gif of him asleep). So my question is why do people alert us to O'Neill and Mary-Lou on the radio? Is it a part of the SFOS marketing and publicity package? Is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Remind me again whether it was you lot calling for a national government down South being required to solve the Covid-19 problem? Yes, it was the Shinners on here loudly and repeatedly calling for that.

So that means the closest example - the North - must be the greatest government of all time. But it isn't?

Try keeping a straight story together lads.

P.S. Don't forget how to count to three.

The north as a state has failed blanch. When will it sink in.
    It is now a threat to us on health security grounds...as well as all the other threats it poses re: Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Why an all-island approach to something that requires localised solutions?

The whole country here is in level 3, despite some areas/counties being much worse off with covid than others.

Did you miss Leo disagreeing with the CMO about putting the whole state into level 5 restrictions on a Mon, but then the following Sunday, tell the papers what the country needed was to go to level 5 restrictions after all?

Did Leo genuinely not want to go with NPHETs Recommendation, or did Leo just want to wait a week until he heard an appropriate buzz-term - "circuit breaker"?

And are both Leo and the CMO wrong in that the whole country needs to be on the same level of restrictions?

As you have been told many many times, there were differences between the Horkan funeral and the Storey political rally.

We don't see anyone coming on here to alert us to Leo's appearances in the media (other than Shinners having a go at him) or Martin's or Ryan's (except when someone wants to post a gif of him asleep). So my question is why do people alert us to O'Neill and Mary-Lou on the radio? Is it a part of the SFOS marketing and publicity package? Is it something else?

More than shinners having a go at him. Principal 'go' at him today came from journalist Hugh O'Connell...hardly a shinner.

Someone changed their tune, AGAIN. :D

• Advertisement

The north as a state has failed blanch. When will it sink in.
    It is now a threat to us on health security grounds...as well as all the other threats it poses re: Brexit.

The North as a state is not a threat to anyone or anything. It is the complete failure of its politicians to govern themselves that is the threat.

I have explained to you many times that abstract notions like partition do not force anyone to do anything, neither are they responsible for the failings of Arlene Foster and Michelle O'Neill.

Many other smaller and divided states are dealing with Covid-19 adequately. It is sickening to see you make a false argument about a united Ireland under the cover of a public health issue.

More than shinners having a go at him. Principal 'go' at him today came from journalist Hugh O'Connell...hardly a shinner.

Did Hugh O'Connell post on here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I see now our Govt are going to follow the North's lead and bring in more restrictions on Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal.

SF and DUP getting things done and FF/FG following the their lead less than 2 weeks after saying we would only need level 3 restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Leo is really getting under the skin of SF’s online army. Great to see. Lot of anger around.

The North as a state is not a threat to anyone or anything. It is the complete failure of its politicians to govern themselves that is the threat.

No **** Sherlock! :D:D:D
    I have explained to you many times that abstract notions like partition do not force anyone to do anything, neither are they responsible for the failings of Arlene Foster and Michelle O'Neill.

Many other smaller and divided states are dealing with Covid-19 adequately. It is sickening to see you make a false argument about a united Ireland under the cover of a public health issue.

So potentially a conflict/war lasting over 30 years could just spring up and have no reason for happening?

Make some sense on this blanch or stop posting about it altogether. The partitionist denial is cringeworthy at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I see now our Govt are going to follow the North's lead and bring in more restrictions on Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal.

SF and DUP getting things done and FF/FG following the their lead less than 2 weeks after saying we would only need level 3 restrictions.

To be fair,any county with double the national average and more of C19 runs the risk of going to the next level of restrictions
    Pubs in the 26 counties are open for outside drinking so it makes perfect sense to close them altogether in the border counties and schools where there's people in them from both sides of the border
    Thats been talked about for ages and I think its right

Leo is really getting under the skin of SF’s online army. Great to see. Lot of anger around.

More like panic because SF and DUP have made such a balls up on running the Covid situation up in NI, and it's starting to seep into the media down here. Usually the worthless pair of tits can keep their ****-ups in NI from becoming big stories in the rest of Ireland.

Pearse Doherty looked like a beaten docket on Prime Time last night, presumably because he knew of the restrictions coming in for NI.

Nobotty wrote: »
    To be fair,any county with double the national average and more of C19 runs the risk of going to the next level of restrictions
    Pubs in the 26 counties are open for outside drinking so it makes perfect sense to close them altogether in the border counties and schools where there's people in them from both sides of the border
    Thats been talked about for ages and I think its right

The border does not seem to be affecting Dundalk too much even though the towns full of UK reg plates every day. I'd imagine we are just getting lucky

More like panic because SF and DUP have made such a balls up on running the Covid situation up in NI, and it's starting to seep into the media down here. Usually the worthless pair of tits can keep their ****-ups in NI from becoming big stories in the rest of Ireland.

Pearse Doherty looked like a beaten docket on Prime Time last night, presumably because he knew of the restrictions coming in for NI.

Didn't see if myself, but that's not the feedback I was taking from various commentary last night with all sides praising both him and Donohue on a fair and reasoned debate, but I'll have to make it my business to catch up on it myself.

Restrictions are coming in the 26 too, we were told to do them last week but of course our Govt knew better and now many counties are in trouble.

Fair play to the 6 parties up North for listening to the experts, getting onto Westminster to get the funds (took them a while to release the money) and now they are in a position to restrict everything so they are doing it.

Our Govt will follow and pretend this was the plan all along

McMurphy wrote: »
    Didn't see if myself, but that's not the feedback I was taking from various commentary last night with all sides praising both him and Donohue on a fair and reasoned debate, but I'll have to make it my business to catch up on it myself.

It's worth looking at just to try and work out if Paschal was being coached or reading from a board while answering. His eyes kept getting drawn to something off to the side of Miriam.

Restrictions are coming in the 26 too, we were told to do them last week but of course our Govt knew better and now many counties are in trouble.

Fair play to the 6 parties up North for listening to the experts, getting onto Westminster to get the funds (took them a while to release the money) and now they are in a position to restrict everything so they are doing it.

It's possible restrictions will come in here, there's no point predicting the future of this thing. The figures right now suggest level 3 is working here, except for 3 of the border counties.

It's worth looking at just to try and work out if Paschal was being coached or reading from a board while answering. His eyes kept getting drawn to something off to the side of Miriam.

Like Brando in the Godfather? Paschal was good but let's not get carried away here...

It's possible restrictions will come in here, there's no point predicting the future of this thing. The figures right now suggest level 3 is working here, except for 3 of the border counties.

In the opinion of the experts we are at Level 5. No getting away from the fudge on that.

In the opinion of the experts we are at Level 5. No getting away from the fudge on that.

Who's getting away from it? Government made their decision, time will tell if it was right or not. right now the figures are in their favour, let's wait and see how it plays.

• Advertisement

The border does not seem to be affecting Dundalk too much even though the towns full of UK reg plates every day. I'd imagine we are just getting lucky

Yeah that puzzles me
    We were talking about that here the other day in terms of people it affects and it doesn't
    You'd swear it is picky as to who is asymptomatic and who gets sick
    I think Newry area isn't as bad as the west so that helps a lot

Who's getting away from it? Government made their decision, time will tell if it was right or not. right now the figures are in their favour, let's wait and see how it plays.

How many deaths that could have been avoided if we had gone to Level 5 as the experts said is tolerable to you?
    Basically, right or wrong that is the bottom line. We were stridently told by all the defenders on here at the start that the government would have deaths on their hands if they ignored the medical expert advice.

Francie,the usual carry on in threads aside,the virus overall is 3 games as bad in the North
    At the level it is in the South,there were still options to keep businesses and jobs going with some semblance of normality
    If I remember correctly Mary Lou agreed with the level three (just not Leo's characteristic outburst)

I'm hoping that the frighteners are being put on those slacking with the essential washing and distancing down south from seeing whats happening up north and that they will change
    Its a moving dangerous feast this building the plane while we are flying it routine

Yeah that puzzles me
    We were talking about that here the other day in terms of people it affects and it doesn't
    You'd swear it is picky as to who is asymptomatic and who gets sick
    I think Newry area isn't as bad as the west so that helps a lot

Newry and Mourne area is bad as is areas in South Armagh so I'm amazed we are getting lucky here in Dundalk

Francie,the usual carry on in threads aside,the virus overall is 3 games as bad in the North
    At the level it is in the South,there were still options to keep businesses and jobs going with some semblance of normality
    If I remember correctly Mary Lou agreed with the level three (just not Leo's characteristic outburst)

I'm hoping that the frighteners are being put on those slacking with the essential washing and distancing down south from seeing whats happening up north and that they will change
    Its a moving dangerous feast this building the plane while we are flying it routine

You do realise you can support a party and not agree with them on certain things. Mary Lou was wrong the Govt should have not ignored NHEPT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

LOL NI just had their highest numbers recorded today ever and you're trying to tell us SF know what they're doing with the Pandemic!!!

You do realise you can support a party and not agree with them on certain things. Mary Lou was wrong the Govt should have not ignored NHEPT

I do
    I actually agree with the level 3 though
    The whole idea of the steps is to keep the hospitals from being under pressure whilst not breaking the economy
    Level 5 only can temporarily plug a hole unless people behave and its very very obvious they won't
    You can't have a permanent level 5
    You can only use it sparingly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

:D

The Irish government will follow the good lead of NI and UK governments.

La la land stuff.

The picture of Liverpool last night said it all about how well the UK is handling the situation. And Ireland should be taking a lead from them :eek:

Michelle O'Neil was on rte radio 1 news today and said the problem was under control into the first lock down but now they have listened to the experts and that has led to the latest measures.

What leadership.

How many deaths that could have been avoided if we had gone to Level 5 as the experts said is tolerable to you?
    Basically, right or wrong that is the bottom line. We were stridently told by all the defenders on here at the start that the government would have deaths on their hands if they ignored the medical expert advice.

It's definitely a big issue. Personally level 3 or 5 wouldn't make much difference to my current life so I've skin in the game either way. Hard to say which deaths would have been prevented by a level 5 scenario, unless you have a metric in mind to do just that?

• Advertisement

Was Tony Holohan not on TV saying it was "much too early" to say if there was any evidence level 3 was working in Dublin on Monday night, and less than twelve hours later Stephen Donnelly was on the radio saying "there was evidence" that the restrictions were working.

Hard to know who to believe to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement