Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Although seems some people want level 3 to fail so they can say told you so Leo.

Surely not.

Surely they have the best interests of the country at heart and are not trying to score political points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How many deaths that could have been avoided if we had gone to Level 5 as the experts said is tolerable to you?
    Basically, right or wrong that is the bottom line. We were stridently told by all the defenders on here at the start that the government would have deaths on their hands if they ignored the medical expert advice.

Noone knows how many lives could have been saved or lost through other consequences of going to level 5.

Impossible to know and you know that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

McMurphy wrote: »
    Was Tony Holohan not on TV saying it was "much too early" to say if there was any evidence level 3 was working in Dublin on Monday night, and less than twelve hours later Stephen Donnelly was on the radio saying "there was evidence" that the restrictions were working.

Hard to know who to believe to be honest.

I think their idea of what working means is different
    Donnelly-cases have plateaued
    CMO - cases need to be dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The whole country here is in level 3, despite some areas/counties being much worse off with covid than others.

Did you miss Leo disagreeing with the CMO about putting the whole state into level 5 restrictions on a Mon, but then the following Sunday, tell the papers what the country needed was to go to level 5 restrictions after all?

Did Leo genuinely not want to go with NPHETs Recommendation, or did Leo just want to wait a week until he heard an appropriate buzz-term - "circuit breaker"?

And are both Leo and the CMO wrong in that the whole country needs to be on the same level of restrictions?

By the end of the week, three border counties may be on different restrictions. Two weeks ago, Dublin were on different restrictions.

This is par for the course for places best balancing the public health and economic and social issues. Have a read of this for another example:

https://www.thelocal.no/20201012/coronavirus-norwegian-county-advises-against-taking-public-transport-to-oslo

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

blanch152 wrote: »
    By the end of the week, three border counties may be on different restrictions. Two weeks ago, Dublin were on different restrictions.

This is par for the course for places best balancing the public health and economic and social issues. Have a read of this for another example:

https://www.thelocal.no/20201012/coronavirus-norwegian-county-advises-against-taking-public-transport-to-oslo

If everyone would take personal responsibility and follow simple guidelines no matter which part of the country they're in.

Colleges going back has had a bigger impact than the schools due to all the off campus shenanigans e.g. the Holylands. And whoever thought it was a good idea to have a funfair in Derry on executive land during a pandemic needs a good slap.

We'll say nothing about the hoorhouse in Letterkenny though lol

• Advertisement

Didn't see if myself, but that's not the feedback I was taking from various commentary last night with all sides praising both him and Donohue on a fair and reasoned debate, but I'll have to make it my business to catch up on it myself.

No, have to agree with the previous poster, all I've heard is how Pearse failed to cope with even the simplest questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That has precisely the square root of nothing to do with what I was saying. Tbh.

A few weeks ago, KLO were under different restrictions than the rest of the country.

But the CMO and Leo (after some reflection) then suggested the country should be going to level 5 collectively.
    No, have to agree with the previous poster, all I've heard is how Pearse failed to cope with even the simplest questions.

Well then, ok..... I guess with your track record of impartiality and unbiasedness towards the Shinners - that's my mind changed.

Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Noone knows how many lives could have been saved or lost through other consequences of going to level 5.

Impossible to know and you know that well.

If you contact Covid in a situation you would not have had to be in in Level 5, of course you can say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

LOL NI just had their highest numbers recorded today ever and you're trying to tell us SF know what they're doing with the Pandemic!!!

There's 6 parties in charge up North not just Sinn Féin. They have been looking for the funding to be able to do further restrictions (as you would know if you bothered checking instead of just saying sinn féin bad bla bla). They have received the funding and are now in a poaition to restrict things.

Fair enough if you believe it is too late.

But can I ask why are our Govt still ignoring public health advice, after they said for months that we need to follow all public health advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I thought Doherty stayed very much on the message which was 'that the priorities were once again wrong'.
    To me Paschal was the one going of a script which honestly seemed to be off to the side of the camera.

Couldn't answer questions without falling back on 'What I have done in the past...'

Doherty countered with 'you have had ten years to fix things and you haven't', made Donoghue very uncomforatable especially when it got to the state of the health service,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Pearse Doherty is a great debater and seems a very intelligent guy , however listening to him earlier in the week looking for an increase in Multi National corporation tax had me shaking my head in disbelief. 200k jobs at a time of mass unemployment and he wants to go after the only ones keeping our country afloat at this time . Typical SF but they will shout for social welfare rates to be raised for the wasters that’s never worked a day in their life .

costacorta wrote: »
    Pearse Doherty is a great debater and seems a very intelligent guy , however listening to him earlier in the week looking for an increase in Multi National corporation tax had me shaking my head in disbelief. 200k jobs at a time of mass unemployment and he wants to go after the only ones keeping our country afloat at this time . Typical SF but they will shout for social welfare rates to be raised for the wasters that’s never worked a day in their life .

A 1% increased would make a hell of difference to the economy while doing damn all to hurt those tax avoiding multi nationals.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    A 1% increased would make a hell of difference to the economy while doing damn all to hurt those tax avoiding multi nationals.

Maybe take the dole off the wasters that SF be shouting out for would be a better idea ? I presume you would rather see guys going to work but as a SF supporter maybe not EH ?

Maybe take the dole off the wasters that SF be shouting out for would be a better idea ? I presume you would rather see guys going to work but as a SF supporter maybe not EH ?

Ah okay, tax avoidance is grand once the plebs on the dole don't get enough to live on. Dead on.

Ah okay, tax avoidance is grand once the plebs on the dole don't get enough to live on. Dead on.

Tax Avoidance??? They pay what is required of them and I’m sure we all try and pay as little tax as possible. How much do tax do your cradle to grave spongers pay in tax over a lifetime? But blame the guys that create good paying jobs for those of us who get off our ass and go to work . Again typical SF

Tax Avoidance??? They pay what is required of them and I’m sure we all try and pay as little tax as possible. How much do tax do your cradle to grave spongers pay in tax over a lifetime? But blame the guys that create good paying jobs for those of us who get off our ass and go to work . Again typical SF

I've absolutely no problem paying my way, never been out of work since I left college in 1994. This year so far I've paid €8320 in PAYE, €1659 in PRSI and €1320 in USC. The 'guys' that create the jobs are using tax avoidance schemes left right and centre e.g. O'Brien, Goodman, etc. but it's okay because they help fund all the FFG bum boys like yourself.

You have some cheek having a go at people on the dole when there's thousands losing their jobs at the moment.

I thought what he suggesting was actually a "Key Recommendation of the Expert Review of Corporation Tax commissioned by none other than former Minister Noonan & carried out by the former chair of the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council", as stated below?

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1315320889081319425?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Sorry, a glad handling spoofer, loud mouth and braggart. Will say anything and promise anything to get elected. Great at honking on about other peoples decisions and policies but nothing to offer himself bar "Look loads of free stuff!" See his "alternative budget" for details

I've absolutely no problem paying my way, never been out of work since I left college in 1994. This year so far I've paid €8320 in PAYE, €1659 in PRSI and €1320 in USC. The 'guys' that create the jobs are using tax avoidance schemes left right and centre e.g. O'Brien, Goodman, etc. but it's okay because they help fund all the FFG bum boys like yourself.

You have some cheek having a go at people on the dole when there's thousands losing their jobs at the moment.

I’m on about the guys and gals that never worked a day in their lives or their parents before them . They usually turn up at SF rallies with a megaphone blaming govt for everything but sure they have nothing else to do I suppose . As the traveller one with 6 kids in police station said this govt is robbing us andMary Lou on about her plight in the Dail.. But let you keep blaming the guys that creat 200k jobs for this country’s problems..

I’m on about the guys and gals that never worked a day in their lives or their parents before them . They usually turn up at SF rallies with a megaphone blaming govt for everything but sure they have nothing else to do I suppose . As the traveller one with 6 kids in police station said this govt is robbing us andMary Lou on about her plight in the Dail.. But let you keep blaming the guys that creat 200k jobs for this country’s problems..

You post some complete and utter rubbish. You are now saying - without evidence, that every person who hasn't worked in their lives is a SF supporter lol.

• Advertisement

You post some complete and utter rubbish. You are now saying - without evidence, that every person who hasn't worked in their lives is a SF supporter lol.

No you just said that !! I’m saying that SF would rather give those people extra money to keep doing the same thing . If this country hadn’t multi national company’s providing jobs we would be screwed but if we hadn’t so many wasters we be better off !! simple really but seems to go over your little SF we love you brain 🧠

Nobotty wrote: »
    Francie,the usual carry on in threads aside,the virus overall is 3 games as bad in the North
    At the level it is in the South,there were still options to keep businesses and jobs going with some semblance of normality
    If I remember correctly Mary Lou agreed with the level three (just not Leo's characteristic outburst)

I'm hoping that the frighteners are being put on those slacking with the essential washing and distancing down south from seeing whats happening up north and that they will change
    Its a moving dangerous feast this building the plane while we are flying it routine

Remember Mary-Lou wanted to keep the pubs open down here rather than Level 3.

Keeping the pubs and betting offices open is a higher priority for Sinn Fein than educating kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What’s a bum boy?

Keeping the pubs and betting offices open is a higher priority for Sinn Fein than educating kids.

Jesus you post some nonsense you surely can't believe what you write sometimes. You really believe that SF think keeping pubs and bookies open is more important than educating? Well id fear for your sanity.

I suspect your just trooling though

I remember Leo calling for all the "wet pubs" to be opened, I bet you "didn't" though*

‘Wet pubs’ should be given a chance to reopen, Varadkar says

*Nose just grew a bit.

Jesus you post some nonsense you surely can't believe what you write sometimes. You really believe that SF think keeping pubs and bookies open is more important than educating? Well id fear for your sanity.

I suspect your just trooling though

Well Mary-Lou was banging on about keeping the pubs open. Michelle O'Neill fought to close the schools up North but kept the bookies open, what are people to think? Those are the things they are saying and doing.

The alternative option is that they don't have a fu@king clue about anything and are shouting their mouths off just to be heard and to follow the mob.

Actually.........now that I think about it, you are right, the alternative option is much more plausible.

What’s a bum boy?

Lads still butt hurt from the last election probably?

I remember Leo calling for all the "wet pubs" to be opened, I bet you "didn't" though*

‘Wet pubs’ should be given a chance to reopen, Varadkar says

*Nose just grew a bit.
    Well Mary-Lou was banging on about keeping the pubs open. Michelle O'Neill fought to close the schools up North but kept the bookies open, what are people to think? Those are the things they are saying and doing.

The alternative option is that they don't have a fu@king clue about anything and are shouting their mouths off just to be heard and to follow the mob.

Actually.........now that I think about it, you are right, the alternative option is much more plausible.

What about FGs leader wanting them open or is it only bad if SF say give them a chance?

What about FGs leader wanting them open or is it only bad if SF say give them a chance?

The numbers were going down when Varadkar said that, they were going up when Mary-Lou wanted the pubs opened.

That makes a huge difference. He also wasn't closing schools at more or less the same time as wanting pubs open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lads still butt hurt from the last election probably?

FG are still in Government, calling many of the shots, and are riding high in the polls. Any disappointment at the results of the election have long since dissipated, dude.

Back down to running the country. All going rather well I would have thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement