Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    I remember Leo calling for all the "wet pubs" to be opened, I bet you "didn't" though*

‘Wet pubs’ should be given a chance to reopen, Varadkar says

*Nose just grew a bit.

I am surprised that you didn't post the story about Enda meeting the man with the pint and pretend this meant that FG want the pubs open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

What’s a bum boy?
    Derogatory term for a gay man

That Budget has done SF massive harm . Most of their new supporters have been looked after and it was a decent budget for the industries most effected by covid. Not a great one for myself I must admit but ill live with it, SF trying to do a bit of shouting but no one is listening. This pandemic has showed them up for the chancers they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

That Budget has done SF massive harm . Most of their new supporters have been looked after and it was a decent budget for the industries most effected by covid. Not a great one for myself I must admit but ill live with it, SF trying to do a bit of shouting but no one is listening. This pandemic has showed them up for the chancers they are.

dont tell me - they'll be wiped out on the next election blah blah blah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ah that's them finished so

• Advertisement

costacorta wrote: »
    I’m on about the guys and gals that never worked a day in their lives or their parents before them . They usually turn up at SF rallies with a megaphone blaming govt for everything but sure they have nothing else to do I suppose . As the traveller one with 6 kids in police station said this govt is robbing us andMary Lou on about her plight in the Dail.. But let you keep blaming the guys that creat 200k jobs for this country’s problems..

i challenge this idea that unemployed people all vote for SF and for no-one else - what a lazy attitude to have.

Unemployed people vote for all kinds of parties - unless you can show me some research that says otherwise

maccored wrote: »
    dont tell me - they'll be wiped out on the next election blah blah blah
    Who said that , wouldn't be trying to spin what i said would you . I said it has done them damage and well all you fan boys know it . Just look at the news , Media and social media nobody up in arms and the majority of people and Businesses are happy with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,932 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Who said that , wouldn't be trying to spin what i said would you . I said it has done them damage and well all you fan boys know it . Just look at the news , Media and social media nobody up in arms and the majority of people and Businesses are happy with it .

It was a giveaway budget when the rates are so low they could borrow. Everyone knows the payback has been shunted down the road.

i challenge this idea that unemployed people all vote for SF and for no-one else - what a lazy attitude to have.

Unemployed people vote for all kinds of parties - unless you can show me some research that says otherwise
    Depends if they are just temporary unemployed or hoping to get a pension from Fas (or whatever it is called now)because they on the scratcher that long.

It was a giveaway budget when the rates are so low they could borrow. Everyone knows the payback has been shunted down the road.

Hopefully Sinn Fein will be given a very short go in government when the payback day comes. Like a rabbit caught in headlights, it will go splat very quickly, and that will be the end of it for evermore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Payback usually is!
    Maybe when and if we get SF in they won't pay it back, and maybe they'll even promise not to pay it back at some stage for a few votes!

Payback usually is!
    Maybe when and if we get SF in they won't pay it back, and maybe they'll even promise not to pay it back at some stage for a few votes!

Are you new to the country?

Did somebody sell you a life in Ireland based on the fact that it was run by fiscally competent giants or something? I advise doing some research on the work of those 'giants' over the last few decades. It's a real cliffhanger...oops sorry, 'over the cliff' story of boom and bust. :)

OH ****ing hell my bad , i thought all money is free and in endless amounts - never listening to SF again.:D

OH ****ing hell my bad , i thought all money is free and in endless amounts - never listening to SF again.:D

Well you didn't seem to recognise a giveaway budget so I just assumed a level. ;)

Well you didn't seem to recognise a giveaway budget so I just assumed a level. ;)

But SF still say they didn't give enough away. :D:D

No, just repeating the tripe I read on here. 'Fanboys' - Christ, would you ever go and grow up - then come back and have a debate.

Methinks you get your opinions FROM the media rather than your own head

Depends if they are just temporary unemployed or hoping to get a pension from Fas (or whatever it is called now)because they on the scratcher that long.

depends of sweet F A. Unemployed people vote for various parties - they are not all one autonomous grouping, as much as those who dont like thinking like to believe they are

But SF still say they didn't give enough away. :D:D

Think Pearse's angle last night was the priorities were wrong. He welcomed parts of it.

Chill BoH, it is widely regarded as a giveaway budget. The difficult ones are all ahead of us.

Think Pearse's angle last night was the priorities were wrong. He welcomed parts of it.

Chill BoH, it is widely regarded as a giveaway budget. The difficult ones are all ahead of us.

i think the budget was fair enough - focus is in the right places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

costacorta wrote: »
    I’m on about the guys and gals that never worked a day in their lives or their parents before them . They usually turn up at SF rallies with a megaphone blaming govt for everything but sure they have nothing else to do I suppose . As the traveller one with 6 kids in police station said this govt is robbing us andMary Lou on about her plight in the Dail.. But let you keep blaming the guys that creat 200k jobs for this country’s problems..

Well said telling the truth and the truth hurts them .

• Advertisement

Well said telling the truth and the truth hurts them .

the 'truth' hurts the unemployed? Even those unemployed that vote FF / FG?

Basically what are you lads on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I've come up with a SF drinking game

Everytime they mention an All Ireland Approach, drink a shot.

Everytime 'missed opportunity' is mentioned, drink a shot.

When Pearse Doherty pronounces Fianna Fail funny in the Dail, drink a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

When one of them says " I'm gobsmacked " gobsmack them again and drink two shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No.

course you do. in your own wee fantasy word that is.
    Im not the one chasing Ghosts around Laois . Well if you believe in that i suppose you can believe whatever ****e SF spout.

You might wanna stock up on the hooch for when Jim O'Callaghan relieves us all of Michael Martin. He was talking of the absurdity of partition and an all Ireland approach just tonight.
    Drink aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Might be time for SF to change the record - even the all-day merchants over on the Journal comments section are getting sick of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The biggest party in the 32 counties has them rattled like never before.

RTÉ poll tonight showing over 60% of people are not happy.

Expect this thread to be full to try and deflect

What are they not happy with?
    Genuine question BTW, I haven't seen the poll or don't know what it's about.

• Advertisement

I am surprised that it isn't more.

If you are happy with the way the country is at the moment, you are probably out there spreading the virus.

Most people are stuck at home, in bad weather, cursing everything or are out there risking your life working in an essential service. An opinion poll at the moment will reflect that feeling rather than anything to do with voting in a general election.

Next election won't be for four years, no point getting excited about opinion polls now. We have seen posters on here getting overly excited about Leo falling 10% in a poll when he has gone from the completely unprecedented 75% to the unprecedented before he was there, 65%.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement