Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jh79 wrote: »
    They'll probably find some excuse not to like before. No money to fund what they claim they intend doing but more significantly no money to fund an UI.

you'd know all these things obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Exactly my point. Throwing good money after bad won't solve anything. The HSE whining about not having cash is nonsense. They are just experts at wasting it.

FG and Labour missed a massive opportunity at overhauling the place in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

A teenagers twitter who's post are all about how good the Govt are doing.

If thats who's giving out about Mary Lou, she don't have much to worry about. He dosn't even look old enough to vote

VB would be pleased to be lumped in with teenagers.

I heard interview and was surprised how poor she was. Repeatedly refused to answer question about if NI should have equivalent of Level 5 if we implement here.

SF criticizing Six Counties contact testing and tracing. If only they were in government and could do things properly...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/north-s-contact-tracing-system-as-useful-as-chocolate-fireguard-sf-mla-says-1.4381960

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

rdwight wrote: »
    SF criticizing Six Counties contact testing and tracing. If only they were in government and could do things properly...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/north-s-contact-tracing-system-as-useful-as-chocolate-fireguard-sf-mla-says-1.4381960

Sinn Féin are one of 6 parties in charge. They want the Health Board to get their testing and tracing better, what's the big deal?

We seem to have forgotten about it down here.

Sinn Féin are one of 6 parties in charge. They want the Health Board to get their testing and tracing better, what's the big deal?

We seem to have forgotten about it down here.

SF have had six months to be on top of this. What have they been doing? Apart from organising political rallies under the guise of funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I think if you actually read the article you would discover that its Sinn Fein holding the Public Health Agency responsible for tracing to account.

This agency has seriously underestimated the number of cases they have to deal with, expecting about 300 cases and actually getting 900 that require tracing.

It should also be noted that the Minister responsible for Health is from the UUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

You seen how they disappeared down here when there was a government to be formed . All talk no action but sure we know that with yrs . Sure they can always blame the other parties in NI when they are making a balls of things .. They really are the gift that keep on giving ..

jm08 wrote: »
    I think if you actually read the article you would discover that its Sinn Fein holding the Public Health Agency responsible for tracing to account.

This agency has seriously underestimated the number of cases they have to deal with, expecting about 300 cases and actually getting 900 that require tracing.

It should also be noted that the Minister responsible for Health is from the UUP.

Can we take it you'll absolve the Greens of Pascal Donohue's sins at the next election so?

• Advertisement

Can we take it you'll absolve the Greens of Pascal Donohue's sins at the next election so?

The greens are insignificant and irrelevant regardless of what Paschal, Michaél or anyone else in govt does, if you think they're in govt for any reason whatsoever other than the other two needing them, then more fool you.

Mary Lou's interview with Dobbo on the News at One is going down like a lead balloon. Absolutely shambolic interview by a senior politician. One of the worst I've heard to be honest.

https://twitter.com/vincentbrowne/status/1317078711003455488?s=20

SF controllers doesn't look kindly on uncertainty. I suspect Mary Lou will be busy over the weekend declaiming whatever line West Belfast decrees.

PS

she's just texted in to RTE drive time (who are interviewing Alan Kelly) to try to recover some ground. Pretty desperate.

McMurphy wrote: »
    The greens are insignificant and irrelevant regardless of what Paschal, Michaél or anyone else in govt does, if you think they're in govt for any reason whatsoever other than the other two needing them, then more fool you.

Interesting. And possibly true. But as regards the point I made?

Interesting. And possibly true. But as regards the point I made?

There's no possibly about it, there's little enough people voting for Eamon and the greens as is, if you think what Paschal or anyone else does in this govt will have any knock on effect on their vote share in the next election, you're deluding yourself.

As regards your point, it's been explained to you that the health minister in the north is of UUP stock, for some reason I don't envisage nationalist or republican voters in the north punishing Sinn Fein or the SDLP for the poor job a unionist politician is doing.

What are you suggesting? Robin Swann is crap at his job so Sinn Fein support will jump ship to SDLP or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

SF controllers doesn't look kindly on uncertainty. I suspect Mary Lou will be busy over the weekend declaiming whatever line West Belfast decrees.

PS

she's just texted in to RTE drive time (who are interviewing Alan Kelly) to try to recover some ground. Pretty desperate.

What did she say in the text?

I'd take a guess it might have something to do with Kelly complaining about MLMD being on the fence ref if the country should go enter level 5 restrictions, while Kelly refused to get off the same fence when pressed about whether or not the schools should shut. :D

There's no possibly about it, there's little enough people voting for Eamon and the greens as is, if you think what Paschal or anyone else does in this govt will have any knock on effect on their vote share in the next election, you're deluding yourself.

As regards your point, it's been explained to you that the health minister in the north is of UUP stock, for some reason I don't envisage nationalist or republican voters in the north punishing Sinn Fein or the SDLP for the poor job a unionist politician is doing.

What are you suggesting? Robin Swann is crap at his job so Sinn Fein support will jump ship to SDLP or elsewhere?

Welcome to the frustrating world of multiparty executives. And people wonder why parties are reluctant to go into coalition with SF

Welcome to the frustrating world of multiparty executives. And people wonder why parties are reluctant to go into coalition with SF

Nationalists/Republican voters wouldn't necessarily punish nationalist/Republican party's because of the poor performance of a unionist politician?

I don't think you have the point you think you do, you might wanna think it over and try again.

I'll hold Pascal responsible for his sins as Min. of Finance, and Eamonn Ryan responsible for his sins as Minister for Climate Action, Communication Networks and Transport.

Eoghan Murphy (along with Eamonn Ryan) are TDs in my constituency. Eoghan Murphy was punished for his sins at the last election by his constituents for a poor performance. He was lucky to retain his seat.

I'd say Michael Martin & Leo Varadkar would agree from their experience in coalition together with that sentiment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Talking about workers right and raising the PUP.

However Kelly was asked what level the restrictions should be. He's backing them to go for level four and to try to keep the school's open. Good interview.

Nationalists/Republican voters wouldn't necessarily punish nationalist/Republican party's because of the poor performance of a unionist politician?

I don't think you have the point you think you do, you might wanna think it over and try again.
    My point was about the principle of collective executive responsibility,
    not voting patterns.

My point was about the principle of collective executive responsibility,
    not voting patterns.

Ah .... Ok.

You can see how I was confused though.

Ah .... Ok.

You can see how I was confused though.

Fair enough, I see what you mean.

I wasn't thinking that jm08 might vote for the greens but that SFers would be more than happy to tar the Greens by association for policies of non-Green ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

On the radio today David Cullinane was sickening [and almost craven?] in his never-ending-alluding-to Union sector employees:- "there should be additional capacity", "extra testing staff" and then, "1,200 additional staff" ...... . Listening to him, you would almost commit yourself to a hospital.

He was sounding exactly like Fianna Fail and Fine Gael. Yet, people vote Sinn Fein. Why?

Union staff are on an incredible level of smug satisfaction now; they are a State made mega-cohort of Union Votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

people say" imagine SF running a country" I have seen what two booms endless money and over two decades of FFG gets. and its pathetic! Happy to see what SF do, cant be any worse...

happy to see the greens kept in power, might see some rail infrastructure built, instead of a decimated capital budget decimated to fund obscene welfare etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This is the rhetoric they're facing from the unionist side. People who claim Covid isn't a big deal.

https://twitter.com/KilclooneyJohn/status/1316397549402632194?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Happy to see what SF do, cant be any worse...

Getting very close to "the demographics will look after themselves" levels of stupidity here. For this statement to be true, Ireland would have to be the worst country in the world, or at least the worst developed country.

I haven't seen even the most deluded of Sinn Fein fans saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Idbatterim wrote: »
    people say" imagine SF running a country" I have seen what two booms endless money and over two decades of FFG gets. and its pathetic! Happy to see what SF do, cant be any worse...

happy to see the greens kept in power, might see some rail infrastructure built, instead of a decimated capital budget decimated to fund obscene welfare etc...

Dude, you change your mind on these things about as 10 times a day.

You live in one the wealthiest, fairest and most equitable countries in the world. Billions would love to have even a 10th of the support and opportunities you and me have.

Context is what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1317151841843544065
    Bigoted statement, but then he will have people who will defend him. Sickening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement