Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Dude, you change your mind on these things about as 10 times a day.

You live in one the wealthiest, fairest and most equitable countries in the world. Billions would love to have even a 10th of the support and opportunities you and me have.

Context is what you need.

LOL! health service a joke? check. Law and order? a farce. Trasnsport? Comedy, have you been in other european cities of dublins size and see what transport systems they have? rip off housing, free housing for wasters, free gp care for wasters. A fortune for the working and working poor... thats for a start. These points are not up for debate, they are FACT!

A FIFTY percent marginal rate of tax over a pittance of 34,000, absolute comedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Talking about workers right and raising the PUP.

However Kelly was asked what level the restrictions should be. He's backing them to go for level four and to try to keep the school's open. Good interview.

Kelly wants to ignore the medical advice too so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Did ya hear Pauline on northern sound yesterday Francie? I was hoping for clarity but it's not clear to me at all that she wants a level 5 either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Kelly wants to ignore the medical advice too so.
    I don't think thats looking at the situation in the round
    If we had a nphet for heart disease and level 5 was everyone under 30 run 10k, eat avocado and restrict calories to 1200 for as long as it takes,whilst closing pubs and fining smokers,would it fly either?
    Heart disease kills around 10,000 in Ireland every year

There's elements of realism needed and thankfully every party bar the anarchists have it IMO

Nobotty wrote: »
    I don't think thats looking at the situation in the round
    If we had a nphet for heart disease and level 5 was everyone under 30 run 10k, eat avocado and restrict calories to 1200 for as long as it takes,whilst closing pubs and fining smokers,would it fly either?
    Heart disease kills around 10,000 in Ireland every year

There's elements of realism needed and thankfully every party bar the anarchists have it IMO

Well maybe we shouldn't be stridently told that the medical advice has to be adhered to then.

Again people will have to sit worrying the weekend because we know what NPHET are recommending and the government take their sweet time to get together to decide.

Why can't this all be done in-house. Sit down with NPHET - discuss - then issue the communique? It's not rocket science and is clear and concise governing,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Well maybe we shouldn't be stridently told that the medical advice has to be adhered to then.

Again people will have to sit worrying the weekend because we know what NPHET are recommending and the government take their sweet time to get together to decide.

Why can't this all be done in-house. Sit down with NPHET - discuss - then issue the communique? It's not rocket science and is clear and concise governing,

What is wrong, why would people be doing this.

Nphet gives advice and the government decides.

The basic thing is that people should be responsible.

I see that Mary Lou Mcdonald and Pierce Doherty were responsible in their comments this week on the level of personal responsibility that people need to take.

imme wrote: »
    What is wrong, why would people be doing this.

Nphet gives advice and the government decides.

The basic thing is that people should be responsible.

I see that Mary Lou Mcdonald and Pierce Doherty were responsible in their comments this week on the level of personal responsibility that people need to take.

There is zero need for NPHET to be issuing recommendations until they meet with government...an then one single coherent message issued.

It is ridiculous at this stage that people are sitting worrying about what level we will be at and gives the impression that government is dithering and chaotic.

There is zero need for NPHET to be issuing recommendations until they meet with government...an then one single coherent message issued.

It is ridiculous at this stage that people are sitting worrying about what level we will be at and gives the impression that government is dithering and chaotic.

In the olden days a punishment squad would be sent around to Nphet to sort them out and stop them from making people into worriers. :D

Are people worrying, who is worrying, is there data on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

jm08 wrote: »
    Eoghan Murphy was punished for his sins at the last election by his constituents for a poor performance. He was lucky to retain his seat.

Was he though?

When elected in 2011 he received 5,783 first preference votes in the now abolished Dublin South-East constituency. A turnout of 35,000.

In 2020 he received 6,346 votes in the new, very crowded Dublin Bay south constituency with a turnout of 40,000. This time up against heavy hitters like Jim O'Callaghan and Eamon Ryan. He also carried a strong running mate in Kate O'Connell who split the FG vote.

Chris Andrews pipped him to the second seat in this 4 seater thanks to transfers, resulting in Murphy taking the third seat. He was not at risk of losing his seat.

Considering the drop off in FG support around the country, i think he did quite well for himself all things considered.

In the olden days a punishment squad would be sent around to Nphet to sort them out and stop them from making people into worriers. :D

Are people worrying, who is worrying, is there data on this.

Comical Ali levels reached there, no harm to you.

• Advertisement

Comical Ali levels reached there, no harm to you.

Thanks for dealing with that Francie.

Enjoy your evening.

Was he though?

When elected in 2011 he received 5,783 first preference votes in the now abolished Dublin South-East constituency. A turnout of 35,000.

In 2020 he received 6,346 votes in the new, very crowded Dublin Bay south constituency with a turnout of 40,000. This time up against heavy hitters like Jim O'Callaghan and Eamon Ryan. He also carried a strong running mate in Kate O'Connell who split the FG vote.

Chris Andrews pipped him to the second seat in this 4 seater thanks to transfers, resulting in Murphy taking the third seat. He was not at risk of losing his seat.

Considering the drop off in FG support around the country, i think he did quite well for himself all things considered.
    Maybe ask FG about him..they literally locked him away for the election campaign with Simon Harris. Their PR gurus will have all the data you want.

Thanks for dealing with that Francie.

Enjoy your evening.

Dealing with what?

If cannot hear the 'will there won't there be a level 5' discussion and that people in business and a personal capacity are worried about what that means (It has literally been the days conversation in the media) then you are deaf.
    Seems it is more important to get a snide dig in.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Maybe ask FG about him..they literally locked him away for the election campaign with Simon Harris. Their PR gurus will have all the data you want.

I seem to remember bright orange jackets and a very visible election campaign.

Are we talking about the same politican?

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1218523483220647936?s=20

I seem to remember bright orange jackets and a very visible election campaign.

Are we talking about the same politican?

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1218523483220647936?s=20

:) oh come on. Sure he was allowed run his own campaign...but he and Harris were steadfastly (not just me noticed) kept off the national airways because they were toxic to the brand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Another good good for Sinn Féin political wise

The shambles is getting worse by the week, Another
    day thinking they know better than the experts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Another good good for Sinn Féin political wise

The shambles is getting worse by the week, Another
    day thinking they know better than the experts

You got up at 4 in the morning to post this onto boards, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Kowerski wrote: »
    You got up at 4 in the morning to post this onto boards, why?

Obviously the start of his shift at Shinner HQ 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He's a CS, the overtime is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Seems to be a lot of accusations of bots/working for parties etc on here. Do political parties actually have people working on boards?

There was a few instances of people running multiple accounts, (that's called sock puppeting), we had one lad on here who, after getting banned went full on right on, and actually turned up in drag arguing the exact same points, in the exact same style in the exact same forums.

It was fcukin hilarious to watch though, him trying to pretend he was a lady. :D

et-04.jpg

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    There was a few instances of people running multiple accounts, (that's called sock puppeting), we had one lad on here who, after getting banned went full on right on, and actually turned up in drag arguing the exact same points, in the exact same style in the exact same forums.

It was fcukin hilarious to watch though, him trying to pretend he was a lady. :D

So getting up at 4 is normal for this forum. I thought this was a discussion forum? why would they be arguing?

But getting up at 4 in morning to post something about Sinn Fein is totally reasonable behavior?

There's a million and one reasons why someone would be up at 4am, and only one of them would be solely "to post something about Sinn Fein" on a messaging board.
    I thought this was a discussion forum? why would they be arguing?

The rest of your post makes absolutely zero sense tbh, it is a discussion forum, arguing what?

There's a million and one reasons why someone would be up at 4am, and only one of them would be solely "to post something about Sinn Fein" on a messaging board.

The rest of your post makes absolutely zero sense tbh, it is a discussion forum, arguing what?

Sorry but I can't think of any reason why I would need to post on a forum at 4 in morning about Sinn Fein or any poltical party. Maybe if the conversation was ongoing but the previous post was 5 hours before.

Sorry but I can't think of any reason why I would need to post on a forum at 4 in morning about Sinn Fein or any poltical party. Maybe if the conversation was ongoing but the previous post was 5 hours before.

Lol welcome back, :D

Lol welcome back, :D

No idea what thay means. Very strange forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1317151841843544065
    Bigoted statement, but then he will have people who will defend him. Sickening

Leaving aside the Bobby Storey funeral as the cause (just speculation) ; is it true thT the rate is 6 times higher in nationalist areas. ??

If that is established , why is that the case??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Truthvader wrote: »
    Leaving aside the Bobby Storey funeral as the cause (just speculation) ; is it true thT the rate is 6 times higher in nationalist areas. ??

If that is established , why is that the case??

Try the three letter abbreviation ending in A.
    No, not the IRA, go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Yes GAA club championships have been super spreader events around my area anyway and obviously after pub celebrations with the age profile mix of young and old its wildfires in the community then

Not sure what this reply means. Genuinely wondering if the allegation is actually true or not and if so what the reason could possibly be. Catholics are not any more vulnerable to the virus than protestants

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »
    Yes GAA club championships have been super spreader events around my area anyway and obviously after pub celebrations with the age profile mix of young and old its wildfires in the community then

What about soccer or cricket or Fenian hunting or whatever the other mob are at. Surely must carry the same risk. And they are the majority

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement