Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blackwhite wrote: »
    And again - the wilful dishonesty drips off the post. Only an idiot or a liar would try to pretend that needlessly adding a 45 minute exposure doesn’t add any additional risks. It really shows the Trumpian levels of dishonesty that the SF fanboys will stoop to when defending the party’s transgressions.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/us/coronavirus-time-risk/index.html

An equation so simple that even the average SF voter might be able to understand

Did the political rally needlessly add to the exposure time around the Storey funeral? It’s a simple question - but I guess it’s beyond any SF acolytes to acknowledge it honestly if it might hurt the party line.

Did the funeral for Garda Horkan include any unnecessary diversions to have a rally and extend the time?

Holding the rally needlessly increased the risks - over and beyond what simply holding the funeral would have done.

(And that’s before we get into the busloads of “activists” that SF dragged up to Belfast from across the island - maybe that’s what’s touched a nerve with the cheerleaders on here?)

Both events ignored guidelines = equals both events were wrong. Only one has caused outrage for some though and some pointless waffle about exposure time...because we have to have some reason to be up on the hypocritical higher moral ground.
    Classic example of it, blackwhite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Simple question Francie - which is riskier?

A funeral, or a funeral plus a diversion for a rally?

No whataboutery or dishonesty - just answer the question (chance would be a fine thing :rolleyes:)

No whataboutery or dishonesty - just answer the question (chance would be a fine thing :rolleyes:)

Both were funerals BW both were risky when guidelines were ignored. That one had a graveside oration gets your knickers in a twist, is your problem. You cannot help let your hypocrisy shine.

My opinion is that they both broke guidelines.
    I didn't complain about one because I had empathy with the fact somebody was being buried and respects were being paid to him.

Both were funerals BW both were risky when guidelines were ignored. That one had a graveside oration gets your knickers in a twist, is your problem. You cannot help let your hypocrisy shine.

My opinion is that they both broke guidelines.
    I didn't complain about one because I had empathy with the fact somebody was being buried and respects were being paid to him.

First time I’ve heard of a “funeral” diverting to someone else’s grave - in a different graveyard to the actual commital - in order to hold a political rally.

Still waiting for some evidence to back up your claim that this was “normal” for “as long as you can remember”.
    Keep defending the indefensible Francie

First time I’ve heard of a “funeral” diverting to someone else’s grave - in a different graveyard to the actual commital - in order to hold a political rally.

Still waiting for some evidence to back up your claim that this was “normal” for “as long as you can remember”.
    Keep defending the indefensible Francie

I have already clarified what I said was 'normal' practice. And asked you to tell us who said it was 'somebody else's grave'.
    I understood it was to be his grave after the cremation.
    The Belfast Telegraph understands, however, that instead of being interred at the cemetery's republican plot at that time, Mr Storey's remains were instead transported to Roselawn, where they were cremated later on Tuesday afternoon.
    It is also understood that the veteran former IRA leader's ashes were due to be returned to close family to be subsequently brought back to Milltown some time later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    I obviously missed it being debunked many times.

I'm all ears now though.

https://fstoppers.com/news/are-telephoto-lenses-creating-fake-news-people-ignoring-social-distancing-481758

I posted this before, yet you ignore it.
    You always ignore evidence you do not like. Funny that!

There were thousands more at the Bobby Storey SF 'carnival' than the funeral for Garda Harkin.

People bend over backwards trying to equate the two as the exact same when it wasn't.

That is not even talking about one being a Garda and the other being a common criminal and a serial abuser of women.

markodaly wrote: »
    There were thousands more at the Bobby Storey SF 'carnival' than the funeral for Garda Harkin.

People bend over backwards trying to equate the two as the exact same when it wasn't.

That is not even talking about one being a Garda and the other being a common criminal and a serial abuser of women.

the ignoring of guidelines was the same. Covid does not have political preferences as far as I know.

Both funerals were wrong in respect of covid.

the ignoring of guidelines was the same. Covid does not have political preferences as far as I know.

Both funerals were wrong in respect of covid.

Then where is the resignation of MoN?

Then where is the resignation of MoN?

I didn't call for anybody's resignation for ignoring guidelines. I don't think she needs to.

Blanch disappeared when I asked him to point to a post where he called for resignations of anybody not in SF...can you point to a post of yours calling on others to resign (before they did obviously...easy to claim you agree when they have done it...suits your spiel if you get my drift)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

And again - the wilful dishonesty drips off the post. Only an idiot or a liar would try to pretend that needlessly adding a 45 minute exposure doesn’t add any additional risks. It really shows the Trumpian levels of dishonesty that the SF fanboys will stoop to when defending the party’s transgressions.

An equation so simple that even the average SF voter might be able to understand

Did the political rally needlessly add to the exposure time around the Storey funeral? It’s a simple question - but I guess it’s beyond any SF acolytes to acknowledge it honestly if it might hurt the party line.

Did the funeral for Garda Horkan include any unnecessary diversions to have a rally and extend the time?

Holding the rally needlessly increased the risks - over and beyond what simply holding the funeral would have done.

(And that’s before we get into the busloads of “activists” that SF dragged up to Belfast from across the island - maybe that’s what’s touched a nerve with the cheerleaders on here?)

was the garda's funeral longer than 15 mins - thats what you were asked by McMurphy. I didnt see an answer to that there.

Did you forget to answer or did the whataboutery muscle just kick in?

I didn't call for anybody's resignation for ignoring guidelines. I don't think she needs to.

Oh you didn't call of it, so we are grand so.
    I guess your point of view in this regards reigns supreme as well!

Besides the fact that SF were calling on others to resign over golfgate, yet they themselves wont. Funny that.

Oh you didn't call of it, so we are grand so.
    I guess your point of view in this regards reigns supreme as well!

Besides the fact that SF were calling on others to resign over golfgate, yet they themselves wont. Funny that.

No post of yours calling for others to resign I notice...did you forget? Plenty of posts calling for the Shinners to resign though. That'd be hypocrisy Mark. :)

Hogan was called on to resign because he told blatant lies and was caught out again and again telling them.

Who else did SF call on to resign for breaking guidelines? I only heard them call it an 'error of judgement'.

No post of yours calling for others to resign I notice...did you forget? Plenty of posts calling for the Shinners to resign though. That'd be hypocrisy Mark. :)

Hogan was called on to resign because he told blatant lies and was caught out again and again telling them.

Who else did SF call on to resign for breaking guidelines? I only heard them call it an 'error of judgement'.

I love the determination you have in trying to personalise everything Francie, between me, Blanch and whomever....

My point was that SF as a party were jumping up and down about golfgate, asking for a whole host of resignations, yet MoN admits that the Funeral of a common criminal damaged the health response in NI, yet SF are quiet as a mouse when it comes to their own rules and standards.....

I love the determination you have in trying to personalise everything Francie, between me, Blanch and whomever....

My point was that SF as a party were jumping up and down about golfgate, asking for a whole host of resignations, yet MoN admits that the Funeral of a common criminal damaged the health response in NI, yet SF are quiet as a mouse when it comes to their own rules and standards.....

The whole country was jumping up and down about golfgate Mark...did you not notice? It consumed the media and discourse for over a week.

SF admitted that the funeral caused upset and concern at the time and apologised for it. Same as those at golfgate did and it was accepted by mostly everybody.

Hogan the arrogant FGer complicated things though with lies and being found out and more lies etc. The Taoiseach and Taniste's initial responses didn't help either, Leo didn't even mention Hogan in his first comment.

Your ire should be directed where it belongs to be honest. You guys lost heavily because of how you handled it mainly...Hogan in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sounds quite a personal insult to me, but let's park that for the minute and move on to your shifted position which now seems to be time focused.

I've already asked you, but you didn't acknowledge the question. Official NPHET advice I have seen is anyone in the company of others for +15 minutes increases their risks of contracting covid 19, and or possibly infecting others around them.

With that in mind - Mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, and that of Bobby Storeys (including Sinn Fein representatives, members of AGS and FG ministers and TDs) were all seen flouting social distancing guidelines, some not wearing masks - I had no stopwatch timing either event but by the looks of the throngs of mourners lining the streets - both most likely went on for a longer period of the 15minutes advice I've been reading about.

Covid doesn't care the purpose of either mass congregation, nor the political allegiance of those in attendance, this has been covered already.

Have you posts on this site castigating anyone for attending the Garda funeral, and if not why not? I haven't and never did - which is why I'm not a hypocrite.

Discuss.

https://fstoppers.com/news/are-telephoto-lenses-creating-fake-news-people-ignoring-social-distancing-481758

I posted this before, yet you ignore it.
    You always ignore evidence you do not like. Funny that!

I remember you posting it, (a random link pulled out of your nether regions) and I also remember you getting rightfully laughed out of it.

You were implying a savvy photographer took a photo of two FG representatives who were sitting on a "10ft long bench" and made them appear only inches apart. :D

Photoshopped everything that day did they?

2020-06-22_new_59801659_I2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Sounds quite a personal insult to me, but let's park that for the minute and move on to your shifted position which now seems to be time focused.

I've already asked you, but you didn't acknowledge the question. Official NPHET advice I have seen is anyone in the company of others for +15 minutes increases their risks of contracting covid 19, and or possibly infecting others around them.

With that in mind - Mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, and that of Bobby Storeys (including Sinn Fein representatives, members of AGS and FG ministers and TDs) were all seen flouting social distancing guidelines, some not wearing masks - I had no stopwatch timing either event but by the looks of the throngs of mourners lining the streets - both most likely went on for a longer period of the 15minutes advice I've been reading about.

Covid doesn't care the purpose of either mass congregation, nor the political allegiance of those in attendance, this has been covered already.

Have you posts on this site castigating anyone for attending the Garda funeral, and if not why not? I haven't and never did - which is why I'm not a hypocrite.

Discuss.

Done to death Mc.
    You're SF arse licking posts and innuendo about FG and others while saying nothing are legendary.
    Nothing to see here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What is this sh1t:confused:

Take bullsh1t like the above to moderators or admin, I've absolutely the square root of nothing of interest to your BS conspiracy theories, sorry but I'm all out of sugarcoating.

You posted scutter - I called it out, when you've some evidence (from esteemed folk) that details how covid can differentiate between a Garda funeral, and that of a member of a political party you dislike we'll discuss it, otherwise pm me something of interest.

Thank you and goodnight.

Seems like you are describing your own posts.
    And again - the wilful dishonesty drips off the post. Only an idiot or a liar would try to pretend that needlessly adding a 45 minute exposure doesn’t add any additional risks.

Protect the leader and the party at all costs, that is the mantra. It is more wilful dishonesty than idiocy that sees the all-out defence being mounted.

The reality is that the Storey funeral will stay in the headlines because the inquiries are ongoing and the arrogant SF politicians didn't resign over it.

Discuss.

Keep on strawmanning McM. The desperation to defend the cult at all costs is obvious. It seems honesty is an alien concept to the SF fan club when it comes to the actions of their dear leaders and all their colleagues that were bussed in from far and wide.

My point - from the beginning - is that needlessly increasing the time of exposures by holding a political rally was needlessly increasing the risk. I haven’t shifted from that once - despite the mistruths that you want to peddle claiming otherwise. Keep on dancing around it all you want to deflect from that point - all you’re doing is showing yourself up again.

• Advertisement

Keep on strawmanning McM. The desperation to defend the cult at all costs is obvious. It seems honesty is an alien concept to the SF fan club when it comes to the actions of their dear leaders and all their colleagues that were bussed in from far and wide.

My point - from the beginning - is that needlessly increasing the time of exposures by holding a political rally was needlessly increasing the risk. I haven’t shifted from that once - despite the mistruths that you want to peddle claiming otherwise. Keep on dancing around it all you want to deflect from that point - all you’re doing is showing yourself up again.

Jaysus...again...WHO is defending?

I see clear criticism of both events.

I see noted defenders of FG trying to slither FG out of any blame.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Seems like you are describing your own posts.

Telling someone they're posting scutter and talking bs is attacking the substance of their post, implying someone is an idiot/liar is attacking the poster - a distinct difference.
    Protect the leader and the party at all costs, that is the mantra. It is more wilful dishonesty than idiocy that sees the all-out defence being mounted.

The reality is that the Storey funeral will stay in the headlines because the inquiries are ongoing and the arrogant SF politicians didn't resign over it.

You mean the posts where I say the mourners were wrong in their breaking of social distancing at both funerals - but never called on anyone from members of the Gardai, to FG representatives, and all the way through to SF Reps to resign or be sacked?

You have been asked repeatedly, but never did give s definitive answer as to why you think Sinn Fein representatives should be sacked or resign for breaking the same guidelines as the aforementioned Garda members, or FG Ministers.

Fancy taking a go at it this morning?

So by that logic - Garda Horkans funeral and the throngs of mourners lining the streets, congregating by the thousands was needlessly increasing the risk?

Discuss.

So by that logic - Garda Horkans funeral and the throngs of mourners lining the streets, congregating by the thousands was needlessly increasing the risk?

Discuss.

You still don't get it.

Funerals are not the same as political rallies, concerts or sporting events. The fake funeral was a political rally.

Even Mary-Lou has said that funerals are different.

The fact that you won't acknowledge the difference between a genuine funeral and a political rally disguised as a fake funeral says it all.

Jaysus...again...WHO is defending?

I see clear criticism of both events.

I see noted defenders of FG trying to slither FG out of any blame.

So you want Michelle O'Neill and Mary-Lou McDonald to follow the example of Dara Calleary and resign for breaching social distancing guidelines?

Or do you think Dara Calleary was wrong to resign?

So you want Michelle O'Neill and Mary-Lou McDonald to follow the example of Dara Calleary and resign for breaching social distancing guidelines?

Or do you think Dara Calleary was wrong to resign?

I didn't call for his or anyone else who broke guidelines to resign.

I didn't criticise the Garda funeral specifically because it was a funeral.

There was no difference in the two events...both broke guidelines...only one has caused outrage among a certain set.

As you are a fervent believer that people in responsible positions should resign for breaking guidelines, any chance you can show us one of your posts calling for a resignation of anyone other than a shinner (before they actually did resign). I

Discuss.

Holding a large-scale funeral for anyone both then, and now, is a big risk.

Deciding to have a diversion to hold a political rally mid-way through one of them, adds further risk on top of what’s already been done.

Only one of the two funerals had the organisers compound the risk by organising a rally midway through it - and only the most dishonest of the SF acolytes will try to pretend there was no difference between the two.

No surprise that McM and his fellow travellers will pretend that there’s no such thing as degrees of risk if it might reflect badly on the party.

SF ahead of country, island and people is, as always, what we see from their fanatics on here.

SF ahead of country, island and people is, as always, what we see from their fanatics on here.

Whoa whoa there horse, are we forgetting Clifden already? The whole country was consumed in anger for over a week because it was quite clear that a certain set seen themselves as 'ahead and above' everybody else.

Hard for you to accept but them's the facts.

You still don't get it.

Funerals are not the same as political rallies, concerts or sporting events. The fake funeral was a political rally.

Even Mary-Lou has said that funerals are different.

The fact that you won't acknowledge the difference between a genuine funeral and a political rally disguised as a fake funeral says it all.

No blanch, you don't seem "to get it".

How does covid (a virus) know to distinguish the difference in a "political rally" - a funeral - a sporting event or a Daniel O'Donell concert :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Are you telling me you have never been to a funeral were after the funeral there isn't some jovial meeting and greeting of people? You haven't been to an Irish funeral if that's the case.
    rdwight wrote: »
    Not where selfies were involved. And certainly not during the Covid lockdown
    How would you know?
    Ah Francie, stop digging.

I can honestly say I've never seen a selfie taken at a funeral. I probably only attend 6 or 7 funerals a year. I realise that might make me somewhat less than patriotic.

I've also never attended a funeral where the coffin went to a crematorium and the funeral goers went to graveyard in a different direction But hey, I admit I've never thought to investigate: maybe people at funerals having been sneaking around the corner for selfies and holding rallies at graveyards unbeknownst to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement