Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,951 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jh79 wrote: »
    While i haven't looked into it my instinct is that the Irish and British races are not different enough in DNA terms to cause a difference.

I'd say if you added in socio economic factors the differences would be a lot smaller. The BAME community in the rest of the UK were disproportionately affected by COVID and the consensus is that it was due economic factors.

Nobody is suggesting that there is anything in DNA terms to distinguish them.

However, there may well be different cultural practices. Every country is struggling at the moment to figure out what are the key risk factors for transmission, what are the key risk situations for transmission.

Some of that is known or suspected - indoors vs outdoors, underlying health conditions, obesity, blood type, vitamin D levels - but a lot more isn't. Studying differences where they arise is key to understanding the risk factors and situations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

He really fell flat on his face with that one lol . Expect whataboutry in 5-4-3-2-1 . Not to mention the “ya wouldn’t say that to my face” jargon (that wouldn’t come from Francie, mind the way, he’s a Southerner too so he hasn’t being that indoctrinated on the auld subtle threats )

Sinn Fein HQ seriously have to start sending out directives to their online fan base. Less is more . They (The fan base) are so out of their depth when it comes to facts and it only hurts their party more

Facts are they are getting more popular and the youth are with Sinn Féin like never before. The only thing hurting is the mob on here deflecting all Govt critisim to SF, IRA or the North

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

T
    NI does not do PR - a fact and something some Shinners have proven not to understand as per these very threads
    Only Westminister elections are First Past the Post.
    European and Assembly elections are STV which is fairly close to PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

None of what you have posted is a denial of the right to identify as British Randy, sadly for you.

Identifying as British is not the same thing as opposing British rule. You can fulminate and rant at me all you like, it won't magic a back up of what you claimed.

Eh, it is the same thing ! The level of stupidity that people have to tolerate from deluded people like you

Northern Ireland is British . It is ruled by Britain . The majority support this .

You and your scum friends sought to use FORCE and kill these very same people on the mistaken belief that that part of the island should no longer be British

Your mob, a MINORITY , sought to deny their existence as British people on British soil .

Your inbred uneducated friends had no qualms telling these same people to go back to Scotland etc despite being on the island for generations

Take a break Francie ! Positing nonsense 20 hours a day 7 days a week about the same topics is going to make you unwell - especially when you lack the education to do it correctly

Facts are they are getting more popular and the youth are with Sinn Féin like never before. The only thing hurting is the mob on here deflecting all Govt critisim to SF, IRA or the North

Considering how dreadful the parties in government are ...hardly something to shout about

As for the youth ? Lol, those imbeciles lol. Wait until they leave college and get away from the up the Ra student politics meetings ! When they start asking questions like “wait, and how is this going to be paid for again ?” I know many the banker who had a che Guevera poster on their wall in college 😂

Lol - oh wait they Comprise mostly unemployed and unemployable undesirable cretins - will they even remember to vote ?

The youth lol. You clearly are a naive little boy . The youth 😂 My god . Everyone with a brain cell knows that the youth have never determined nor have been vital in a general election

We have heard this all before !

Dream on lad ! Shinners has a chance to be the big boys and NONE of the parties wanted anything to do with them. Their air head leader can’t even do basic math - declaring on the Sunday of the general election count that she will be Taoiseach to the exclusion of both FF and FG despite the count clearly showing that it would not be possible (then the Monday morning the Irish stock exchange took a dive on foot of the announcement)

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    Only Westminister elections are First Past the Post.
    European and Assembly elections are STV which is fairly close to PR.

“Fairy close”

Not the same as the actual thing though

Ffs

You nearly got it right but it’s still a fail

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Eh, it is the same thing ! The level of stupidity that people have to tolerate from deluded people like you

Northern Ireland is British . It is ruled by Britain . The majority support this .

You and your scum friends sought to use FORCE and kill these very same people on the mistaken belief that that part of the island should no longer be British

Your mob, a MINORITY , sought to deny their existence as British people on British soil .

Your inbred uneducated friends had no qualms telling these same people to go back to Scotland etc despite being on the island for generations

Take a break Francie ! Positing nonsense 20 hours a day 7 days a week about the same topics is going to make you unwell - especially when you lack the education to do it correctly

Eh Randy, your invective and fulminating is getting in the way of facts again.

The British and Unionists forced Irish people to accept that part of the island they considered Irish was British and consequently subjugated and oppressed them into accepting that.

Right up until very recently they denied them a plethora of rights owing to them as Irish people and equal citizens.

All sides killed, you do know this? When the killing stopped we were left with an international agreement that ensured the rights of Irish people (even if we had 20 years to go for Britain and Unionism to finally get around to bestowing them completely) and also enshrined the concept of accepting the 'democratically expressed' (not taken by force of arms or gerrymanderng etc) wishes of the majority.

Like how seriously bad does your education have to be to come out with the above.

Eh Randy, your invective and fulminating is getting in the way of facts again.

The British and Unionists forced Irish people to accept that part of the island they considered Irish was British and consequently subjugated and oppressed them into accepting that.

Right up until very recently they denied them a plethora of rights owing to them as Irish people and equal citizens.

All sides killed, you do know this? When the killing stopped we were left with an international agreement that ensured the rights of Irish people (even if we had 20 years to go for Britain and Unionism to finally get around to bestowing them completely) and also enshrined the concept of accepting the 'democratically expressed' (not taken by force of arms or gerrymanderng etc) wishes of the majority.

Like how seriously bad does your education have to be to come out with the above.

That part of the island has been free since Sunningdale nearly 50 years ago to determine its own future. That was since copperfastened in the GFA.

Furthermore, the Irish people have accepted that by amending Articles 2 and 3 of the Constitution so that it is clear that we accept the right of the people of Northern Ireland to continue as part of the UK.

What rights were denied up to "fairly recently" and fairly recently means within the last ten years. If you are talking again about an Irish language act, that is just silly.

blanch152 wrote: »
    That part of the island has been free since Sunningdale nearly 50 years ago to determine its own future. That was since copperfastened in the GFA.

Furthermore, the Irish people have accepted that by amending Articles 2 and 3 of the Constitution so that it is clear that we accept the right of the people of Northern Ireland to continue as part of the UK.

What rights were denied up to "fairly recently" and fairly recently means within the last ten years. If you are talking again about an Irish language act, that is just silly.

:) Sunningdale was collapsed by Unionists blanch...were you in the same class as Randy??? :):)

Yes, the Irish people have accepted to abide by the wishes of the majority in Northern Ireland...something you wish to revisit now and change the terms of - I.E. A majority is not a majority anymore...we need a super-majority. Gerrymandering in a different coat. :)

It is typical of the arrogant partitionist to demean as 'silly' what Irish people decide is important to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Randy Archer stay out of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It seems we have two Sinn Feins not one and using partition in their favour as well.
    Donation was left to Sinn Fein in the Republic it looks like, but to circumvent rules is being administered by SF in the north.
    Now I'm not sure how this would square with our oh so financially straight posters wwho go on about FG et Al and their alleged dodgy financial dealings, but it looks to me like two faced SF rather than two SFs.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246%3fmode=amp

It seems we have two Sinn Feins not one and using partition in their favour as well.
    Donation was left to Sinn Fein in the Republic it looks like, but to circumvent rules is being administered by SF in the north.
    Now I'm not sure how this would square with our oh so financially straight posters wwho go on about FG et Al and their alleged dodgy financial dealings, but it looks to me like two faced SF rather than two SFs.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246%3fmode=amp

Looks to me like transparent SF being straight up about what they are doing. No?
    Might not be a great look...but I am failing to see anything 'dodgy' or illegal going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

What is dodgy about it? SF couldn't accept it in the south (max. donation 2,500). If they had, then it would have been dodgy dealings.

If you look at the Will, the default position in that case was that it was to go to the party that Gerry Adams is a member of (or in fact any nationalist party (except SDLP) in NI if he isnt around).

What is dodgy about it? SF couldn't accept it in the south (max. donation 2,500). If they had, then it would have been dodgy dealings.

If you look at the Will, the default position in that case was that it was to go to the party that Gerry Adams is a member of (or in fact any nationalist party (except SDLP) in NI if he isnt around).

Money aside, it's the sentiment of it.
    Partition suits, use it. It's an acceptance of partition when it's in your favour over your overreaching claim partition is wrong.
    That has been pointed out numerous times by certain posters, most notable Francie.
    So basically it's SFs acceptance of the legal right of partition is it not and in effect makes them complicit in partition for financial gain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

50 gaffs and 200 employees as well.

Not a normal political party.

Money aside, it's the sentiment of it.
    Partition suits, use it. It's an acceptance of partition when it's in your favour over your overreaching claim partition is wrong.
    That has been pointed out numerous times by certain posters, most notable Francie.
    So basically it's SFs acceptance of the legal right of partition is it not and in effect makes them complicit in partition for financial gain?

Using partition to your advantage is not an acceptance of partition - patently ridiculous idea. Border communities have no issue whatever with this.

Partition is a fact of life whose overarching effect is a negative.

Using partition to your advantage is not an acceptance of partition - patently ridiculous idea. Border communities have no issue whatever with this.

But it's OK when it's a positive, good man, the truth.
    Absolute 2 faced

Looks to me like transparent SF being straight up about what they are doing. No?
    Might not be a great look...but I am failing to see anything 'dodgy' or illegal going on.

The will is clear - the money was left to the "political party in the Republic of Ireland known at this time as Sinn Fein". That was not the political party in Northern Ireland. That is the first dodgy thing about it.

SIPO should take this further.

The reason Sinn Fein could not accept this in the South is because there are rules preventing outsiders from influencing political parties. Sinn Fein, at the very least, are manipulating the rules, at the worst, could be money-laundering. The problem for Sinn Fein is that they should have refused the bequest.

So there are advantages to partition, glad we have acceptance of that principle.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The will is clear - the money was left to the "political party in the Republic of Ireland known at this time as Sinn Fein". That was not the political party in Northern Ireland. That is the first dodgy thing about it.

SIPO should take this further.

The reason Sinn Fein could not accept this in the South is because there are rules preventing outsiders from influencing political parties. Sinn Fein, at the very least, are manipulating the rules, at the worst, could be money-laundering. The problem for Sinn Fein is that they should have refused the bequest.

How do you influence a party when you are dead?

You into that stuff blanch? :)

• Advertisement

But it's OK when it's a positive, good man, the truth.
    Absolute 2 faced

Partition is a fact of life...if you obey the rules of the road in the north,you guys would be claiming that is an acceptance of partition.

Stop being ridiculous maybe?

Partition is a fact of life...if you obey the rules of the road in the north,you guys would be claiming that is an acceptance of partition.

Stop being ridiculous maybe?

:D:D
    But if I state that the, rules should be obeyed you will call me a partionist, and you are telling me to stop being ridiculous.

:D:D
    But if I state that the, rules should be obeyed you will call me a partionist, and you are telling me to stop being ridiculous.

I call people who are against unification - 'partitionist'.

If you understood borders anywhere, you would know people use them to their advantage all the time. You can do that and still be against that border being there.

This is just more jealousy and mealy mouthed nonsense. There was nothing 'dodgy' about it, as you breathlessly claimed, was there?

I call people who are against unification - 'partitionist'.

If you understood borders anywhere, you would know people use them to their advantage all the time. You can do that and still be against that border being there.

This is just more jealousy and mealy mouthed nonsense. There was nothing 'dodgy' about it, as you breathlessly claimed, was there?

Yes I know, I live close to it, SF have being doing that in years ré Slab etc etc.
    As I said it's two faced and no spin changes that.
    But the faithful will keep it up that it's acceptable when it's in their favour.
    With that amount of money involved, it's easy to accept it, but it shows SF are as greedy money wise as any corporation that use borders to their advantage. Yet they give out about the very rules they used to make others despise the other users and the rules involved.

Partition is a fact of life.

We are making great progress today.

Yes I know, I live close to it, SF have being doing that in years ré Slab etc etc.
    As I said it's two faced and no spin changes that.
    But the faithful will keep it up that it's acceptable when it's in their favour.
    With that amount of money involved, it's easy to accept it, but it shows SF are as greedy money wise as any corporation that use borders to their advantage. Yet they give out about the very rules they used to make others despise the other users and the rules involved.

I think you may have confused yourself as well as me in that last bit. :)

Partition is a reality, and has to be worked with as long as it pertains, the suggestion that that is an 'acceptance' of partition can of course be childishly made.
    But that is all it is, a childish taunt. It isn't going to make the desire for a UI go away

Least we have moved on from the racism we seen the other day from posters calling people who were born in the North refugees for moving down to the 26. Amazed the mods let it go but sure what harms a bit of casual racism

Its now 15 days of the Govt ignoring NHEPT and when they seem like they are going to listem, they don't take all NHEPT's advice on board.

Imagine Arlene/Michelle and the other 4 leaders ignored the Health advice for 15 days, people here would explode.

50 gaffs and 200 employees as well.

Not a normal political party.

15 days ignoring Public Health Advice (at the same time cutting support for people out of work)
    Not normal Political Party's

Its now 15 days of the Govt ignoring NHEPT and when they seem like they are going to listem, they don't take all NHEPT's advice on board.

15 days ignoring Public Health Advice (at the same time cutting support for people out of work)
    Not normal Political Party's

Haven't we heard this before?

P.S. Isn't this the Sinn Fein thread? :)

• Advertisement

I think you may have confused yourself as well as me in that last bit. :)

Partition is a reality, and has to be worked with as long as it pertains, the suggestion that that is an 'acceptance' of partition can of course be childishly made.
    But that is all it is, a childish taunt. It isn't going to make the desire for a UI go away

Go way like ya, :D.
    It's duplicit, two faced and hypocritical from so many angles of SF policy ré partition and corporate taxes and even tax exiles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement