Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,954 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    No-one bar Sinn Fein would glorify and celebrate the life of the likes of Bobby Storey in this age or any age gone by or run as a candidate anything like Dessie Ellis

If you kill or maim you are no different to the IRA. And FF FG selectively choose to celebrate what they deem to be good killers.

You cannot shirk this off by claiming it was in the past. Unless you are going to be a hypocrite that is.

I am glad the IRA are gone and that the war/conflict is over but I don't see them as any different to those who fought for the foundation of the state we have.

Its called economics. Those at the bottom are in low paid jobs or on social welfare and make up the Sinn Fein vote. Exchange ay PC term you like. Always marvel at the po faced sensitivity and hysterical outrage you habitually mine from every post while happily defending and promoting Sinn Fein who have a very particular "outlook" on the life of fellow citizens if it suits them

Rubbish and you know it. SF's vote comes from across the spectrum now. Something else you'll have to eat grass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

If you kill or maim you are no different to the IRA. And FF FG selectively choose to celebrate what they deem to be good killers.

You cannot shirk this off by claiming it was in the past. Unless you are going to be a hypocrite that is.

I am glad the IRA are gone and that the war/conflict is over but I don't see them as any different to those who fought for the foundation of the state we have.

I know you don't that is the trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Rubbish and you know it. SF's vote comes from across the spectrum now. Something else you'll have to eat grass on.

Is it rubbish. I expect an accurate measure would be to look at its membership and its election workers and "community activists". I expect the people who vote for it are the same types

I know you don't that is the trouble

The trouble for you is enjoying your own freedoms and celebrating them without sounding like a hypocrite.

So keep up the selective slander and demeaning, it is not doing your case one wit of good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Its called economics. Those at the bottom are in low paid jobs or on social welfare and make up the Sinn Fein vote. Exchange ay PC term you like. Always marvel at the po faced sensitivity and hysterical outrage you habitually mine from every post while happily defending and promoting Sinn Fein who have a very particular "outlook" on the life of fellow citizens if it suits them

Thats nonsense. I'm sure many low paid workers vote all diff parties just like everyone else.

P. S These low pay workers you obvs look down your nose at are the ones who were working every day during the previous lockdown cleaning, in warehouses, in meat factories, supermarkets keeping this country going

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Seems like SF and MLMD are having a bad weak, with the blather and mixed messages.

https://twitter.com/vincentbrowne/status/1317078711003455488

Put simply, they don't have a notion what to do but oppose the government at every turn.
    You can see now why the North is worse then the south.

Where does any shinner deny the choice of identity of people on this island?

Any examples or are you just having another non factual rant?

Well, you were calling people in the North Irish, even though they would not have identified themselves that way in some weird argument of yours. You went to say the children and babies of Unionists and people who would identify themselves as British to be 'Irish'.....

Get them young, like the RCC say all the time.

markodaly wrote: »
    Seems like SF and MLMD are having a bad weak, with the blather and mixed messages.

Put simply, they don't have a notion what to do but oppose the government at every turn.

Mark...our government are currently in session trying their level best to save Leo's blushes and come up with restrictions without mentioning the word 'five'.

:):)

And you are looking down your superior FG nose. Laugh a minute here today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Well, you were calling people in the North Irish, even though they would not have identified themselves that way in some weird argument of yours. You went to say the children and babies of Unionists and people who would identify themselves as British to be 'Irish'.....

plenty in the north classify themselves as Irish

• Advertisement

:) Sunningdale was collapsed by Unionists

Sunningdale was also 100% opposed by the IRA and SF at the time because the IRA/SF wanted to continue the primary objective of their campaign. Fight and kill people to force a UI by murder and violence.

That was the primary objective by the PIRA/SF since the late '60s and they only changed their mind on this objective late into the '90s.

SF/PIRA were the slowest learners of the lot of them.

maccored wrote: »
    plenty in the north classify themselves as Irish

Yes they do, but not all, and certainly one cannot claim babies and kids into your 'tribe' as some big willy-waving contest.

Mark...our government are currently in session trying their level best to save Leo's blushes and come up with restrictions without mentioning the word 'five'.

:):)

And you are looking down your superior FG nose. Laugh a minute here today. :)

So, what is SF's position on the matter, because it seems in the past week they have changed their minds on the matter 3 times, never mind the mess of their own making in the North.....

I never ever objected to how anyone wanted to identify Mark. You can identify as an orangutan for all I care.

So, what is SF's position on the matter, because it seems in the past week they have changed their minds on the matter 3 times, never mind the mess of their own making in the North.....

What matter is that Mark?

Are we sure what FG's is going into a meeting?

:) Sunningdale was collapsed by Unionists

Sunningdale was also 100% opposed by the IRA and SF at the time because the IRA/SF wanted to continue the primary objective of their campaign. Fight and kill people to force a UI by murder and violence.

That was the primary objective by the PIRA/SF since the late '60s and they only changed their mind on this objective late into the '90s.

SF/PIRA were the slowest learners of the lot of them.

We can conclude Sunningdale was not the answer then. Hume and the rest were wasting their time.

It's great that we have dealt with it so good down here that we can point at others failures

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1318207539654365184?s=19

Level 5, The Govt have admitted they were wrong

Partition is a fact of life...

Bookmarking this one for sure.

:D:D:D

But yes, SF being as partitionist as they come.
    Sinn Féin president Mary Lou McDonald told a State watchdog it had no authority to scrutinise donations made to the party in Northern Ireland on the grounds that Sinn Féin operated on “a six- and 26-county basis”,

We all know that Sinn Fein and their ilk are the biggest hypocrites going in Irish political circles, but now we have the smoking gun.

I never ever objected to how anyone wanted to identify Mark. You can identify as an orangutan for all I care.

Yet, you still claimed babies and children for your own 'tribe' did you not?
    It was all a bit weird if I remember that debate correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Was chatting to a former drinking buddy of mine (he had to pack it in a few years ago) on the blower this afternoon. He's also a Dáil reporter. Says you wouldn't actually believe how stupid some of the new SF TDs are. One or two of them have already been the subject of some 'debate' around here, but he said at least 10-15 of them are sub Healy-Rae.

• Advertisement

What matter is that Mark?

Are we sure what FG's is going into a meeting?

In a SF thread, deflect and talk about FG... par of the course.

You avoided the question, why did SF change their mind 3 times the past week on the course of action.

Instead of trying to lead and SF are just the same old people on the sidelines commenting on everything that is wrong, yet offering no leadership on an alternative course of action...

All the while the North is one of Europes worst hot spots..
    Couldnt make it up to be honest.

SF is the gift that keeps on giving, for their two-faced hypocrisy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Was chatting to a former drinking buddy of mine (he had to pack it in a few years ago) on the blower this afternoon. He's also a Dáil reporter. Says you wouldn't actually believe how stupid some of the new SF TDs are. One or two of them have already been the subject of some 'debate' around here, but he said at least 10-15 of them are sub Healy-Rae.

Healy-Raes are not stupid though, at least michael isn't. They know exactly what they're doing.

Hahahahaha

It is why they keep wheeling out the same 3-4 TD's and even then some of them are liable for some real clangers. Like David 'up da Ra!' Cullinane.

Can you imagine them running the country? It would certainly make the young people who vote for them in their nativity sit up and take notice. That vote they got is as a soft a spring morning. A few months of SF in government with some of those yokes at the helm, their poll numbers will be worse than FF!!

Yet, you still claimed babies and children for your own 'tribe' did you not?
    It was all a bit weird if I remember that debate correctly.

No, that is the typical misrepresentation you engage in.

Nobody is born into a tribe Mark.

Who the **** 'claims babies and children into a tribe' in this day and age?

Nobody is born into a tribe Mark.

Correct.
    Who the **** 'claims babies and children into a tribe' in this day and age?

You did.

In a SF thread, deflect and talk about FG... par of the course.

You avoided the question, why did SF change their mind 3 times the past week on the course of action.

Instead of trying to lead and SF are just the same old people on the sidelines commenting on everything that is wrong, yet offering no leadership on an alternative course of action...

All the while the North is one of Europes worst hot spots..
    Couldnt make it up to be honest.

SF is the gift that keeps on giving, for their two-faced hypocrisy.

Ahem...after repudiating the advice of the medical experts we now seem to be going to a Level 5. Somebody has clearly stood up to Varadkar in there and the 4.75 4+ bull****.

Changing minds you say is the preserve of one party?

It is why they keep wheeling out the same 3-4 TD's and even then some of them are liable for some real clangers. Like David 'up da Ra!' Cullinane.

Can you imagine them running the country? It would certainly make the young people who vote for them in their nativity sit up and take notice. That vote they got is as a soft a spring morning. A few months of SF in government with some of those yokes at the helm, their poll numbers will be worse than FF!!

Have you evidence to back that up? Fact is in last election FG are the 3rd biggest party in Ireland and who's to say that's changed especially after their months of trying to cause issues for MM and Co. FF will get a new leader if and when Govt ends and will do alright.

The last week or 2 MM has come out better than Leo the Leak.

Correct.

You did.

Rubbish.

People born on the island of Ireland are Irish and can choose to identify as they wish.

• Advertisement

Ahem...after repudiating the advice of the medical experts we now seem to be going to a Level 5. Somebody has clearly stood up to Varadkar in there and the 4.75 4+ bull****.

Changing minds you say is the preserve of one party?

Still talking about Leo and FG in a SF thread.

Maybe cause he is gay? Obsession is not just a perfume.

Why are SF so confused on their own position?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement