Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Rubbish.

People born on the island of Ireland are Irish and can choose to identify as they wish.

Eh, no they are not. The GFA is very clear on this. There is no default identity.
    This is where you go down the weird fetish of yours claiming kids and babies as Irish.... much like the RCC of old.

Seems SF have a lot in common with the RCC actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,955 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Still talking about Leo and FG in a SF thread.

Maybe cause he is gay? Obsession is not just a perfume.

Why are SF so confused on their own position?

Again the mention of his sexuality...have you a wee problem with that Mark? WTF like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Leo if he had any respect would apologise to Dr Tony and NHEPT.

The Govt should apologise to the people for getting it wrong 2 weeks ago.

I couldn't care who Leo rides, he could shag his dog and I couldn't give a ****e.

Mary Lou said she would reinstate PUP rates, TWSS, mortgage breaks and renting assurances so they could be in a position to go to Level 5. It's not hard to understand

Eh, no they are not. The GFA is very clear on this. There is no default identity.
    This is where you go down the weird fetish of yours claiming kids and babies as Irish.... much like the RCC of old.

You are mixing up things again Mark.

Their is no default 'identity'. You choose your identity, which is a choice no newborn can make.

GFA

Recognised that it was the right of all persons born in Northern Ireland to identify as Irish or British, or both, and to hold both Irish and British citizenship if they so choose. This right is to continue regardless of any change in the status of Northern Ireland.

As Irish as anyone else on the island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ok, enough of this shyte. What odds if he's gay or not, what relevance has that to what you just posted?

GFA

Recognised that it was the right of all persons born in Northern Ireland to identify as Irish or British, or both, and to hold both Irish and British citizenship if they so choose. This right is to continue regardless of any change in the status of Northern Ireland.

See, this bit is correct and does not tally with....
    As Irish as anyone else on the island

this bit....

You have a funny old mind Francie if you think that conclusion is logical. :):)
    There is no default identity mentioned in the GFA.

One can choose their identity and by extension, one should not have an identity hoisted upon them.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ok, enough of this shyte. What odds if he's gay or not, what relevance has that to what you just posted?

As much relevance to the question asked.

This is a SF thread is it not, yet Francie and others would rather respond to valid questions about SF with yet more talk about Leo and FG.....

Its all a bit odd, is all.

This is a SF thread is it not, yet Francie and others would rather respond to valid questions about SF with yet more talk about Leo and FG.....

No different to what happens on FG FF threads. Nothing 'odd' about it and not odd enough to exploit somebody's sexuality which is no business of mine, but which you seem to have a problem with.

Odd.

No different to what happens on FG FF threads. Nothing 'odd' about it and not odd enough to exploit somebody's sexuality which is no business of mine, but which you seem to have a problem with.

Odd.

So why don't you answer the questions I asked about SF policy or lack there of?
    You don't have an opinion on the matter?

But Leo this, or Leo that?

• Advertisement

this bit....

One can choose their identity and by extension, one should not have an identity hoisted upon them.

Somebody born in Birmingham is English by default but may identify as Pakistani.

Same as this country...which is called Ireland.

Yes, but inferring they're mentioning him because of his sexual orientation is a bit odd tbh, my guess is they're talking about him because he is the leader of FG, and it's most likely going to be between the two who will be leading the next govt.

The fact it is you that constantly brings up his sexuality, immediately followed by a sly underhanded insinuation that others have a problem with it is a bit weird tbh.

Reminds me in the Ali-G sketch where he keeps asking the cops "is it cos I is black" tbh.

You might wanna have a look at that, kind of weird tbh.

I am not a member of SF...I asked you to clarify the 'matter' you were ranting about specifically.

I may or may not know the answer.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yes, but inferring they're mentioning him because of his sexual orientation is a bit odd tbh, my guess is they're talking about him because he is the leader of FG, and it's most likely going to be between the two who will be leading the next govt.

The fact it is you that constantly brings up his sexuality, immediately followed by a sly underhanded insinuation that others have a problem with it is a bit weird tbh.

Reminds me in the Ali-G sketch where he keeps asking the cops "is it cos I is black" tbh.

You might wanna have a look at that, kind of weird tbh.

Not the first time it has happened either. It's all a bit seedy tbh.

this bit....

Yes they are Irish if they wish to identify as Irish.

As Irish as you or me

Not the first time it has happened either. It's all a bit seedy tbh.

Happens quite a bit by the usual suspects tbh, racist, homophobic, sectarian accusations etc etc.

Might be one for feedback, but it definitely needs nipped in the bud, legitimate cases might be drowned out otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Somebody born in Birmingham is English by default but may identify as Pakistani.

Same as this country...which is called Ireland.

This is simply not true.

You don’t have an automatic right to citizenship just by the fact that you were born in a country.

atticu wrote: »
    This is simply not true.

You don’t have an automatic right to citizenship just by the fact that you were born in a country.

Nothing to do with 'citizenship' it is to do with geography. If you are born on an island or in a country with a name then you are off that country. I.E. The island is Ireland, anyone born on it is Irish, they can identify as they please and many do. Many many people born in England have many many different identities.

Don't let pandering or fear of insulting confuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I never ever objected to how anyone wanted to identify Mark. You can identify as an orangutan for all I care.

Right can I be a Partitionist so?

Truthvader wrote: »
    Right can I be a Partitionist so?

You can be whatever you want to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

• Registered Users Posts: 27,956 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sinn Fein policy on Covid is to wait to hear whatever the Government does and seek the opposite.

That's why they want to open pubs and bookies and close schools.

Mary-Lou was at it again on Newstalk earlier and the interviewer just gave up on getting her to say what she was in favour of.

Roisin Shortall was nearly as bad, wanting checks at airports and ports which are useless when people can just come down from the North anytime.

Nothing to do with 'citizenship' it is to do with geography. If you are born on an island or in a country with a name then you are off that country. I.E. The island is Ireland, anyone born on it is Irish, they can identify as they please and many do. Many many people born in England have many many different identities.

This idea of yours of geography is silly. Try telling a Palestinian born in Jerusalem that he is Israeli. We will all watch from a safe distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

More deflection from the increasingly hysterical sounding Mary Lou on Newstalk this evening. Other opposition parties have used the information available to them to form a position on which Level we should go to. SF aren't able to do so. Maybe David 'Free State Bastards' Cullinane is still pouring over the figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Again, this is simply not true.

Not everyone born in Ireland is Irish.

Your parents might be in Ireland on holiday when you are born.
    That does not make you Irish.

I am not confused, but it seems that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

More deflection from the increasingly hysterical sounding Mary Lou on Newstalk this evening. Other opposition parties have used the information available to them to form a position on which Level we should go to. SF aren't able to do so. Maybe David 'Free State Bastards' Cullinane is still pouring over the figures.

I think O'Broin does the figures if it needs long division because he's an "intellectual"

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein policy on Covid is to wait to hear whatever the Government does and seek the opposite.

That's why they want to open pubs and bookies and close schools.

Mary-Lou was at it again on Newstalk earlier and the interviewer just gave up on getting her to say what she was in favour of.

Roisin Shortall was nearly as bad, wanting checks at airports and ports which are useless when people can just come down from the North anytime.

So if for example 2000 people came from North and 2000 came from airport. It has no benefit to test any of them unless we can test all?

That's what you are saying basically

atticu wrote: »
    Again, this is simply not true.

Not everyone born in Ireland is Irish.

Your parents might be in Ireland on holiday when you are born.
    That does not make you Irish.

I am not confused, but it seems that you are.

Seriously? Is that the best you can do? :)

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    This idea of yours of geography is silly. Try telling a Palestinian born in Jerusalem that he is Israeli. We will all watch from a safe distance.

I have never seen a Palestinian react to someone saying that...I'd imagine it would be similar to a Southern partitionist telling somebody born in Fermanagh that they were British?

Yeh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement