Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,956 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    Cant muster much interest in this debate. For what it is worth, the Duke of Wellington on being told he was Irish because he was born in Dublin retorted that if you are born in a stable it does not make you a horse. Hope this clears it all up for whatever this discussion is about.i

History sees him as what he was.
    Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, KG, GCB, GCH, PC, FRS (1 May 1769 – 14 September 1852) was an Anglo-Irish soldier and Tory statesman who was one of the leading military and political figures of 19th-century Britain,

maccored wrote: »
    totally agree - but is anyone arguing that people aren't allowed the option to choose? I think it has been bent out of shape - focusing on the idea that you are irish if you are born in ireland, rather than what it was about in the first place. Its a form of defence thats used alot on here, though which I find terribly boring.

Nobody is taking away anyone's right to identify as they please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1318294595407695874?s=19

Imagine it wasn't all them Shinners in Donegal and border counties after all. They listened and the Dubs didn't

Wonder what Blanch makes of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

New hymn sheet has been delivered out to the foot soldiers

Sinn Fein are now the 'leaders of the opposition'

Sadly this is true. Two centre right parties, one neo fascist trick shop party and fragmented dysfunctional collection of extreme loony left individuals . Still no sign of a left wing alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

New hymn sheet has been delivered out to the foot soldiers

Sinn Fein are now the 'leaders of the opposition'

Sadly this is true. Two centre right parties, one neo fascist trick shop party and fragmented dysfunctional collection of extreme loony left individuals . Still no sign of a left wing alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Once again reading comprehension issues come to the fore.....

No not at all, but you need to reread what was posted, and how I replied to it.

Blanch assumed (not me) when he heard someone with a northern accent that they "were northern Irish" - they could be Ethnic Albanians for all I care - but they're still from a specific area of Ireland, accents and all to prove it.

Hence why I said he assumed they where from the northern part of the island of Ireland, that's not difficult to follow tbh, but let me know what part you're struggling with and I'll run over it with you.

The levels of absurdity that the Shinners reach is that if I assume that someone with a Northern Ireland accent is from Northern Ireland and is Northern Irish, then somehow I am wrong.

Once again, you couldn’t make it up.

Hey Mc, are you still calling for schools to be closed because of the uncontrolled Covid transmission?

atticu wrote: »
    I see backup arrived.

I don’t know what point you are trying to make here.

Are you trying to imply that if someone is from the northern part of the island of Ireland that this automatically makes them Irish?

He thinks Northern Irish means Irish.

The concept of a Northern Irish identity separate and distinct from either an Irish or British identity is the stuff of nightmares for Shinners so much that they pretend it doesn’t exist.

blanch152 wrote: »
    He thinks Northern Irish means Irish.

The concept of a Northern Irish identity separate and distinct from either an Irish or British identity is the stuff of nightmares for Shinners so much that they pretend it doesn’t exist.

:) And the backtracking begins.

Northern Irish is not Irish now. :):)

Dear me.

The levels of absurdity that the Shinners reach is that if I assume that someone with a Northern Ireland accent is from Northern Ireland and is Northern Irish, then somehow I am wrong.

Hey Mc, are you still calling for schools to be closed because of the uncontrolled Covid transmission?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status...407695874?s=19

Anything to say for Donegal, who really was basically Level 4 getting cases down Dublin didn't?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status...407695874?s=19

Anything to say for Donegal, who really was basically Level 4 getting cases down Dublin didn't?

Sorry that page doesn’t exist, when I clicked on the link.

Same could be said of Sinn Fein policy on COVID.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1318294595407695874?s=19

Imagine it wasn't all them Shinners in Donegal and border counties after all. They listened and the Dubs didn't

Wonder what Blanch makes of that
    Sorry that page doesn’t exist, when I clicked on the link.

Same could be said of Sinn Fein policy on COVID.

There ya go love

There ya go love

Uh oh, an error was encountered.

Still, it was only a Twitter link, hardly mind-blowing.

Uh oh, an error was encountered.

Still, it was only a Twitter link, hardly mind-blowing.

You blamed the border counties for the increase in cases. Louth and Donegal are doing well, Dublin on other hand. Must be the enterprise from Belfast bringing it down is it?

You blamed the border counties for the increase in cases. Louth and Donegal are doing well, Dublin on other hand. Must be the enterprise from Belfast bringing it down is it?

Well he is a remarkable man, he is able to distinguish the difference in my accent and the accent of somebody living 300 to 400 yards away from me and identity one of us as Northern Irish.

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This poster definitely thinks so blanch, it's amazing you're apparently in agreement with them and contradicting them at the same time *shrugs*
    atticu wrote: »
    So, you are saying that if you are born in England, you are English, and if you are born in China, you are Chinese, and if you are born in Fiji you are Fijian, and if you are born in Ireland you are Irish.
    It does not matter what the circumstances, it does not matter who your parents are, nothing else matters, just if you are born in a country.

seems you pair need to slug it out amongst yourselves. :pac:

Quote me.

Well he is a remarkable man, he is able to distinguish the difference in my accent and the accent of somebody living 300 to 400 yards away from me and identity one of us as Northern Irish.

Amazing.

Alot of people from Cork/Kerry areas ask me am I from the North cause I sound like it. Strange world

Amazing.

Thanks to the lockdown wall in your back garden, I believe the border is safe.

Then again, maybe you hanker after being Northern Irish, who knows?

P.S. Dundalk thinks I’m a woman

P.S I also think your a racist

You must have hated Ireland when our President was from the North

Somebody is trying to deflect from their boo boo. :):)

I am geographically northern Irish btw. If I want to be Northern Irish I would have to choose that identity just like other Irish people choose other identities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Somebody born in Birmingham is English by default but may identify as Pakistani.

Same as this country...which is called Ireland.

Jamie Heaslip was born in Israel, is he therefore Israeli?
    Ronan o'Gara was born in the USA, is he therefore American?
    Eamon deValera was born in New York, was he therefore also American?

It is not up to you to decide what nationality they are or are not. It is up to them.
    So, this "They are Irish by default" supremacist viewpoint of yours is just that.

Uninformed, bigoted, racist and of course wrong needs to be called out for what it is.

As I said, there is nothing in the GFA that supports your position on this. NONE!
    So stop trying to be a deliberate bigot with your views.

• Advertisement

P.S I also think your a racist

You must have hated Ireland when our President was from the North

I know that you think that, but you believe that calling someone a woman or a refugee is an insult. That says more about you frankly than it does about anyone else around here.

I met Mary McAleese a few times when she was in TCD in the 1980s. A formidable and likeable woman.

I may or may not know the answer.

I don't think SF know the answer themselves either, making it up as they go along or should I say, making it up as they go along as they want to see what way the government goes and THEN follow suit to criticise. :rolleyes:

Some leadership from SF alright. :pac::pac::D:D

markodaly wrote: »
    Jamie Heaslip was born in Israel, is he therefore Israeli?
    Ronan o'Gara was born in the USA, is he therefore American?
    Eamon deValera was born in New York, was he therefore also American?

It is not up to you to decide what nationality they are or are not. It is up to them.
    So, this "They are Irish by default" supremacist viewpoint of yours is just that.

Uninformed, bigoted, racist and of course wrong needs to be called out for what it is.

As I said, there is nothing in the GFA that supports your position on this. NONE!
    So stop trying to be a deliberate bigot with your views.

100% correct, the linkage of nationality to territory is one of the biggest scourges of humanity and has led to so many unnecessary conflicts.

You are who you want to be, you are not imprisoned by the place of your birth.

Somebody is trying to deflect from their boo boo. :):)

I am geographically northern Irish btw. If I want to be Northern Irish I would have to choose that identity just like other Irish people choose other identities.

I really don’t care what you think you are geographically.

Northern Irish refers to those born in the state of Northern Ireland, a constituent part of the United Kingdom.

It is a term of citizenship, not of anything else, if they wish to be Russian or Palestinian, off they go.

You are mixing up things again Mark.

Their is no default 'identity'. You choose your identity, which is a choice no newborn can make.

So newborn are 'Irish' by default... :D:D:rolleyes:

Comedy gold because earlier you said....

Nobody is born into a tribe Mark.

Who the **** 'claims babies and children into a tribe' in this day and age?

Yes, who the **** 'claims babies and children into a tribe'....
    You do Francie, you do... by your very own words.

:D:D:D

That’s not fair, you are not supposed to expose the lies and fallacies for what they are.

You are who you want to be, you are not imprisoned by the place of your birth.

Scratch the surface from the SF types and underneath it all they exhibit the same ultra-nationalist bigoted and racist tendencies you see from the likes of the BNP and Combat18 types, as if they are the arbitrators of what nationality is bestowed on who.

Its 2020 but some still exist in 1920.

Scratch the surface from the SF types and underneath it all they exhibit the same ultra-nationalist bigoted and racist tendencies you see from the likes of the BNP and Combat18 types, as if they are the arbitrators of what nationality is bestowed on who.

Its 2020 but some still exist in 1920.

It is quite scary the way some of them deny the right of people to be born British in a British state.

That’s not fair, you are not supposed to expose the lies and fallacies for what they are.

I expect the response to be something like this...

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That is a biggg stretch of either pretending to misunderstand or being obtuse.

Especially considering you were trying to goad an answer out, an obviously didn't get what you sought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement