Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

rdwight wrote: »
    Ah Francie, stop digging.

I can honestly say I've never seen a selfie taken at a funeral. I probably only attend 6 or 7 funerals a year. I realise that might make me somewhat less than patriotic.

I've also never attended a funeral where the coffin went to a crematorium and the funeral goers went to graveyard in a different direction But hey, I admit I've never thought to investigate: maybe people at funerals having been sneaking around the corner for selfies and holding rallies at graveyards unbeknownst to me.

:) Oh right...we are ignoring it was the funeral of a political party member and former member of the IRA...who have been burying people with graveside orations at the republican plot for decades.

Okie Doke. I get you.

Also let's ignore the FACT that people are not dressed in sackcloth and visibly in mourning all the time when attending funerals in Ireland. Or that sometimes the opportunity to meet old friends and family members you haven't seen in a while might allow you to smile and enjoy some craic.

Dear oh dear RD. All you had to do was accept that people are human. Michelle knew the selfie was wrong and apologised for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Never mind resigning, Michelle O'Neill was content to absent herself from her leadership role at Covid briefings for two months rather than give the lamest of apologies necessary to resume her duties.

Once again, SF priority is intransigence over community welfare: cf. absenting themselves for 3 years from Stormont over a shifting list of issues none of which they made substantive progress on.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Telling someone they're posting scutter and talking bs is attacking the substance of their post, implying someone is an idiot/liar is attacking the poster - a distinct difference.

Can you please explain to me if you think telling a poster to ‘think before they hit the submit button’ is attacking the substance of a post, or attacking the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    Can you please explain to me if you think telling a poster to ‘think before they hit the submit button’ is attacking the substance of a post, or attacking the poster?

Can you please explain to me how it would be "an attack" on either:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I remember you posting it, (a random link pulled out of your nether regions) and I also remember you getting rightfully laughed out of it.

You were implying a savvy photographer took a photo of two FG representatives who were sitting on a "10ft long bench" and made them appear only inches apart. :D

Photoshopped everything that day did they?

2020-06-22_new_59801659_I2.JPG

Clearly you know nothing about photography or even read the article. In it, it says, correctly that using any type of telephoto lens to take an image compresses it and makes it appear that people are much closer together then they actually are.

EXtZ_EXU4AA8ASt?format=jpg&name=900x900

EXtaevzUcAAv5f8?format=jpg&name=medium

Buzzfeed also did an article about this.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/joeydurso/coronavirus-social-distancing-lockdown-photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'm pretty sure a funeral is deemed essential, no matter who the person was that it's being held for, the fact you have a fairly unhealthy obsession over the political party the deceased was a member of is irrelevant.

Essential you say. How many families were prevented from attending the funerals of their loved ones on the day that the SF cult farewelled the terrorist Bobby Storey? I guess those funerals weren't essential. Obviously they weren't "good republicans".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Your ire should be directed where it belongs to be honest. You guys lost heavily because of how you handled it mainly...Hogan in particular.

You guys? What is this? Some sort of team rivalry or something like that?
    Does that thus make you a SF member?

Can you please explain to me how it would be "an attack" on either:confused:

Well, it is great to know that you won’t take any offence when it is directed at you.

Well, it is great to know that you won’t take any offence when it is directed at you.

That's not an answer to the question you were asked, but anyway that the norm.

:) Oh right...we are ignoring it was the funeral of a political party member and former member of the IRA...who have been burying people with graveside orations at the republican plot for decades.

Okie Doke. I get you.

Also let's ignore the FACT that people are not dressed in sackcloth and visibly in mourning all the time when attending funerals in Ireland. Or that sometimes the opportunity to meet old friends and family members you haven't seen in a while might allow you to smile and enjoy some craic.

Dear oh dear RD. All you had to do was accept that people are human. Michelle knew the selfie was wrong and apologised for it.

Eh Francie, I think that's actually the point people have been making. SF were happy to facilitate a politicised funeral with all the usual trappings and orations in the middle of a pandemic.

• Advertisement

No blanch, you don't seem "to get it".

How does covid (a virus) know to distinguish the difference in a "political rally" - a funeral - a sporting event or a Daniel O'Donell concert :confused:

Covid might not distingush, but people can and should be able to decide what is essential and what isn't. In particular, politicians in a leadership position should know better than to facilitiate a politicised funeral cum political rally. There was absolutely no reason not to postpone the political elements until the anniversary of Storey's death.

Your ire should be directed where it belongs to be honest. You guys lost heavily because of how you handled it mainly...Hogan in particular.
    markodaly wrote: »
    You guys? What is this? Some sort of team rivalry or something like that?
    Does that thus make you a SF member?

"You guys lost"?
    As in FFG resignations 5, SF resignations 0 therefore the shinners win?
    As in those with the brassest necks who are prepared to damage institutions rather than resign are the winners?

That's not an answer to the question you were asked, but anyway that the norm.

Just extending the same respect that you extended to me when you answered the question you were asked, but then that would be your norm.

Just extending the same respect that you extended to me when you answered the question you were asked, but then that would be your norm.

You have a bit of a habit of asking nonsensical questions, and when asked to clarify, hide behind irrelevant waffle. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. *shrugs*:confused:

Noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You have a bit of a habit of asking nonsensical questions, and when asked to clarify, hide behind irrelevant waffle. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. *shrugs*:confused:

Noted.

That is a habit that many seem to have.

I am still waiting for an answer to the question as to why Dara Calleary had to resign because of breaching social distancing guidelines at a golf dinner but Michelle O'Neill does not for breaching them at a political rally.

Somebody keeps posting whataboutery photographs of other events rather than answering the direct question.

It is now clear that Sinn Fein operate to lower standards than other political parties.

Noted.

You have a bit of a habit of reflecting your behaviour on to other people.

But , whatever makes you happy I suppose.

If you don’t want to, or can’t answer the question, just say so.
    It was not a difficult question to understand.

On that note, I am out.

No point discussing something with a poster who will not answer a simple question.

Eh Francie, I think that's actually the point people have been making. SF were happy to facilitate a politicised funeral with all the usual trappings and orations in the middle of a pandemic.

Exactly, you finally got it. And they got it wrong and are rightly criticised for it.

"You guys lost"?
    As in FFG resignations 5, SF resignations 0 therefore the shinners win?
    As in those with the brassest necks who are prepared to damage institutions rather than resign are the winners?

No, they lost (mark is a self confessed member of FG afaik) party members. Because they made a complete hames of how they handled it.

blanch152 wrote: »

I am still waiting for an answer to the question as to why Dara Calleary had to resign because of breaching social distancing guidelines at a golf dinner but Michelle O'Neill does not for breaching them at a political rally.

Somebody keeps posting whataboutery photographs of other events rather than answering the direct question.

It is now clear that Sinn Fein operate to lower standards than other political parties.

Calleary chose to resign. He didn't 'have to' and I certainly didn't seek his resignation from anything.

Have you found a post where you called for anybody other than a Shinners resignation yet for breaking guidelines, you being such an upholder of moral responsibilities and all that?

All I can find is you calling for Hogan's resignation after he had being caught lying a number of times. Same as we all did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Not a normal party. They sometimes put on a thin cover of respectability, but all you have to do is list up that cover and see the slugs, maggots, and creepycrawlies slithering around underneath.

What would you expect from a party ran and operated by a shadowy unelected group of thugs from Ballymurphy? A party who had a leader and president who knew his own brother was interfering and abusing his children and had him sent to Mexico instead of sent to face justice by the PSNI.

A completely abnormal party. Some of their new supporters don’t like when you point these things out. They refuse to take off the green tinted sunglasses of delusion and take a good long look at reality.

• Advertisement

That is a question you'd need to ask Dara blanch, he chose to resign, and I wasn't ever calling for him to do so either, and I'll save you some time looking for posts from me suggesting he should right now by telling you there are none - you're welcome.

Similarly, there's none calling for Flanagan or Ring to resign either, and there's none calling for Hogan (though I understand why he ultimately had to)

In saying that, you're on here calling for shinners to resign, but can you point me towards your posts calling for Calleary to go, Hogan to go, or any of the others who resigned certain positions before they actually did?

TLDR?

I never called for anyone to resign to begin with, you however have - but repeatedly run away when asked to clarify why you believe shinners needed to resign for committing the same breaches as members of AGS/FG ministers.
    You're on here claiming I'm being "hypocritical" though. Go figure. *Strokes Beard*

Calleary chose to resign. He didn't 'have to' a.

I have cut out from your post all the nonsense about what poster said what, when and how to focus on the real issue of which politician did what.

You have now proved my point. Calleary didn't have to resign by the standards of Sinn Fein, but by the standards of normal political parties, he had to go.

I have cut out from your post all the nonsense about what poster said what, when and how to focus on the real issue of which politician did what.

You have now proved my point. Calleary didn't have to resign by the standards of Sinn Fein, but by the standards of normal political parties, he had to go.

So when those standards were not met by others, you'll have plenty of posts to show you calling for resignations.

Enough deflection, put up or accept the accusation that you only call for the resignation of one particular party's members when they drop below this 'standard' of yours.

BTW, Calleary didn't have to resign by the standards I set. That is WHY I didn't call for his resignation.

That is a question you'd need to ask Dara blanch, he chose to resign, and I wasn't ever calling for him to do so either, and I'll save you some time looking for posts from me suggesting he should right now by telling you there are none - you're welcome.

Similarly, there's none calling for Flanagan or Ring to resign either, and there's none calling for Hogan (though I understand why he ultimately had to)

In saying that, you're on here calling for shinners to resign, but can you point me towards your posts calling for Calleary to go, Hogan to go, or any of the others who resigned certain positions before they actually did?

TLDR?

I never called for anyone to resign to begin with, you however have - but repeatedly run away when asked to clarify why you believe shinners needed to resign for committing the same breaches as members of AGS/FG ministers.
    You're on here claiming I'm being "hypocritical" though. Go figure. *Strokes Beard*

Once again evasion is sought by turning the focus onto an anonymous poster on the internet. It doesn't matter what I said, when I posted or anything else, because I am not a politician.

However, what is clear, behind all the obfuscation, all the pointing of fingers at other posters, all the silly idiotic gifs and pics, that you accept that Sinn Fein politicians operate to a lower standard than those of Fianna Fail.

That is ok. No need to hide it, it is a fact. You are right, Dara didn't have to resign, neither does Michelle, if you apply low standards to them. If you apply higher standards of probity, or as Arlene Foster said "those who set the rules must abide by the rules", then both Dara and Michelle had to go. As Donie Cassidy resigned as vice-President of Fianna Fail, by the same standards Mary-Lou should resign as Sinn Fein party leader.

Be honest, and admit that you want your party - Sinn Fein - to operate to lower standards than Donie Cassidy, Arlene Foster and Fianna Fail. It would be funny if it wasn't serious to see any party stoop that low. No wonder you had a go at my posts and my posting history rather than talk about what the politicians did.

So when those standards were not met by others, you'll have plenty of posts to show you calling for resignations.

Enough deflection, put up or accept the accusation that you only call for the resignation of one particular party's members when they drop below this 'standard' of yours.

BTW, Calleary didn't have to resign by the standards I set. That is WHY I didn't call for his resignation.

It doesn't matter what standards I set or you set.

The objective facts of the matter show that Dara Calleary resigned for a breach of social distancing guidelines while Michelle O'Neill did not. That means Sinn Fein operate to a lower set of standards than Fianna Fail.

You and McMurphy can have a go at other posters all the like, accuse them of hypocrisy, whatever, but them's the facts about lower standards in Sinn Fein, and you welcome those.

This is getting farcical, though I have to admit having a bit of a guilty pleasure watching blanch tie his y-fronts in knots. :D

Me - I have not been calling for anyone to resign over breaching social distancing guidelines, be it Leo and Simon gurning for a camera, Maria Bailey's replacement on the bench, ring/Flanagan or the shinners. (Blanch hasn't either, though he does want the shinners to resign for doing the same)

Blanch - "evasion, waffle, Sinn Fein"

Like seriously, how do you post your nonsense with a straight face?

Surely this is a parody account, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

As usual, lately I haven't had the energy for these debates as much as I usually would (COVID situation really beginning to f*ck with me tbh) but rest assured I'll respond to any and all replies to my prior post within this coming week. As a brief aside though, what's going on today with Leo and SF? Both are trending on Twitter and if you look at the tweets, it's a whole pile of memes and jokes about SF being responsible for every piece of bad luck a person has ("Stubbed my toe this morning, f*cking Sinn Fein", "I can't find my car keys, dammit Sinn Fein why do you do this" and stuff like that) with a reference or hashtag mentioning Leo.

I take it he gave a speech or interview yesterday or this morning in which he was seen to irrelevantly attack SF as a form of defence, or something like that? Anyone know specifically what this particular meme blow-up is referencing?

EDIT #2: You can't embed tweets in an edit, will post below

It doesn't matter what standards I set or you set.

The objective facts of the matter show that Dara Calleary resigned for a breach of social distancing guidelines while Michelle O'Neill did not. That means Sinn Fein operate to a lower set of standards than Fianna Fail.

You and McMurphy can have a go at other posters all the like, accuse them of hypocrisy, whatever, but them's the facts about lower standards in Sinn Fein, and you welcome those.

Dara Calleary didn't resign just for breaking social distancing guidelines though, did he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Examples of said tweets:

I think Varadkar was asked about the testing in meat plants and somehow brought up the funeral in the North.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement