Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,957 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    That has no basis at all in law, international treaty or even geographical identifier (on which Francie made a fool of himself already today, turning us all into Brits).

No, YOU brought in an obselete geographical term from a time of colonisation and British dominance, not me.

Once again, you are misrepresenting and lying in a desperate bid to win an argument you lost with your claim to be able to distinguish somebody who identifies as Northern Irish from a northern Irish person or somebody who identifies as British.

You will notice there is one type there were there is no need to use the word 'identifies'.

I am a northern Irish person because of where I was born and that will never change. A person who identifies as British could choose to identify as Irish tomorrow if they wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No, YOU brought in an obselete geographical term from a time of colonisation and British dominance, not me.

Once again, you are misrepresenting and lying in a desperate bid to win an argument you lost with your claim to be able to distinguish somebody who identifies as Northern Irish from a northern Irish person or somebody who identifies as British.

You will notice there is one type there were there is no need to use the word 'identifies'.

I am a northern Irish person because of where I was born and that will never change. A person who identifies as British could choose to identify as Irish tomorrow if they wished.

Francie, people are who they want to be.

You can assume what you like about them, as we all do, but you can't impose anything on them. There is no default Irish or default anything else.

It is perfectly ok for me to state that anyone born on these islands is British by default of geographical identifier, as it is perfectly ok for you to state that anyone born on this island is Irish by default of geographical identifier. The fact that either of us stating this nonsense doesn't change a thing is passing you by.

P.S. It was you who brought in the obsolete idea of identity by geographical default. The fact it backfired on you was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

STOP THE MADNESS

Just read pages of nonsense and hysteria about who is Irish and who is allowed to be Irish etc etc. Surely by now the penny should be dropping that nationalism of all kinds is a dangerous and irrational construct about as relevant as supporting Man United or Rangers. A toxic comfort blanket for inadequate men (mostly men)

Couldn't care less myself and certainly have nothing invested in "being Irish" Luckily I was born here because it is a modern democracy where I can come and go freely in relative safety. The Judiciary and police are basically fair and trustworthy and crime is somewhat under control. After that whether the Queen is nominal head of state or Michael Martin or Humpty Dumpty is irrelevant. Stupid Nationalism has proved a toxic and addictive drug for many, making it OK to murder "the others" or to exclude foreigners/ asylum seekers from the opportunities here simply because they are not "Irish" so not entitled to the same opportunities.

Nationalism is essentially the same fantasy informing football hooligans, eejits marching up and down the Garvahy road, Gemma and the crew protesting lockdown plus 30 years of pointless evil inflicted on the people of Northern Ireland by mad people on all sides

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

You can assume what you like about them, as we all do, but you can't impose anything on them. There is no default Irish or default anything else.

It is perfectly ok for me to state that anyone born on these islands is British by default of geographical identifier, as it is perfectly ok for you to state that anyone born on this island is Irish by default of geographical identifier. The fact that either of us stating this nonsense doesn't change a thing is passing you by.

P.S. It was you who brought in the obsolete idea of identity by geographical default. The fact it backfired on you was funny

You think my dad is a Refugee because he moved 5 mins down the road when he got married. This is the type of folk we are dealing with when discussing the island

Truthvader wrote: »
    STOP THE MADNESS

Just read pages of nonsense and hysteria about who is Irish and who is allowed to be Irish etc etc. Surely by now the penny should be dropping that nationalism of all kinds is a dangerous and irrational construct about as relevant as supporting Man United or Rangers. A toxic comfort blanket for inadequate men (mostly men)

Couldn't care less myself and certainly have nothing invested in "being Irish" Luckily I was born here because it is a modern democracy where I can come and go freely in relative safety. The Judiciary and police are basically fair and trustworthy and crime is somewhat under control. After that whether the Queen is nominal head of state or Michael Martin or Humpty Dumpty is irrelevant. Stupid Nationalism has proved a toxic and addictive drug for many, making it OK to murder "the others" or to exclude foreigners/ asylum seekers from the opportunities here simply because they are not "Irish" so not entitled to the same opportunities.

Nationalism is essentially the same fantasy informing football hooligans, eejits marching up and down the Garvahy road, Gemma and the crew protesting lockdown plus 30 years of pointless evil inflicted on the people of Northern Ireland by mad people on all sides

That's the biggest load of nonsense ever wrote in boards. Congratulations

• Advertisement

I never disputed anyone's right to identify as they please,

YOU claimed to be able to identify a Northern Irish person by their accent, nobody else did that, it is your embarrassment that you haven't had the courage to own up to as a complete fabrication.

You can do as you wish, I can laugh at and pity your self deprecating biases as the mood takes me

YOU decided to use an obsolete colonial British term. That's for you to own I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You think my dad is a Refugee because he moved 5 mins down the road when he got married. This is the type of folk we are dealing with when discussing the island

He is worse, a blow in, nó better Irish insult than "blow in".

I don't see the word refugee as an insult. You do. That is where we differ.

My eyes were opened by that, it exposed an attitude that disgusted me. You obviously have a derogatory view of refugees, which I do not share in any way.

That's some backtracking.

So all the giving out about SF up North, how do you think your own party are getting on up in the 6 counties over Covid?

That's some backtracking.

So all the giving out about SF up North, how do you think your own party are getting on up in the 6 counties over Covid?

I don't have a party, I vote Green at the moment. I would like them to get on the Executive, it would be a very big step towards the normalisation of politics up there and a move away from the two sectarian parties.

• Advertisement

I don't have a party, I vote Green at the moment. I would like them to get on the Executive, it would be a very big step towards the normalisation of politics up there and a move away from the two sectarian parties.

So how do you think the Green Party you currently support are dealing with the levels of Covid in Belfast CITY Centre?
    All down to SF and DUP yeh?

[/B]

That's the biggest load of nonsense ever wrote in boards. Congratulations

Actually the only rational post in about 10 pages

Actually the only rational post in about 10 pages

In your own wee fantasy land it might well be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Some fierce rabbit hole these threads
    Some people need to post in the gardening forum for a while I think

Nobotty wrote: »

They would blame the Shinners for their flowers not growing at this rate

He is worse, a blow in, nó better Irish insult than "blow in".

A 'refugee' by definition is somebody who needs help and shelter, equating them to somebody moving around their own country is wrong. Totally wrong, it is sn attempt to other somebody or to mark them as different.
    A 'blow in' is just somebody from a different place.

A 'refugee' by definition is somebody who needs help and shelter, equating them to somebody moving around their own country is wrong. Totally wrong, it is sn attempt to other somebody or to mark them as different.

Wouldn't worry about them. People with views like them are not worth the time of day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

While i agree with you re refugee they are not moving around their own country. Unification hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well that straightened me out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Nobotty wrote: »

Is there a thread for the best fertilizer to mix with diesel? That would attract the SF/IRA fans :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The British Isles is a long obsolete term and nobody uses it officially anymore.

According to whom? You?

Officially, the British isles are still being used.... the island of Ireland is part of the British isles, is it not?

You can't just dismiss the facts Francie when it doesn't suit your argument.

But I suppose its better than claiming newborns and kids as part of your own tribe.
    Indeed it is a step up from some PIRA jack off murdering them with some bombs and defending said murders with all the gusto of a 'good' republican.

This. I have always said, the type of Nationalists who defend SF and PIRA actions are in the same vein of those like UKIP/BNP/Combat18 that they hate.

Two sides of the same ugly ignorant coin.

markodaly wrote: »
    According to whom? You?
    Your own government and the one you miss, the UK for starters. In official documents they use the term 'these islands'
    Officially, the British isles are still being used.... the island of Ireland is part of the British isles, is it not?

You can't just dismiss the facts Francie when it doesn't suit your argument.
    Where is it used 'officially'. The Enc Brittanica is a commercial product.
    But I suppose its better than claiming newborns and kids as part of your own tribe.
    Indeed it is a step up from some PIRA jack off murdering them with some bombs and defending said murders with all the gusto of a 'good' republican.

YOU are the ONLY one blathering about 'tribes'. What nonsense.

This. I have always said, the type of Nationalists who defend SF and PIRA actions are in the same vein of those like UKIP/BNP/Combat18 that they hate.

Two sides of the same ugly ignorant coin.

Yep all Nationalism appeals to small minded insular inadequate men who cannot accept the common humanity in all and need to be in a "gang" to have any sense of self worth

Where is it used 'officially'. The Enc Brittanica is a commercial product.

The British-Irish Council for one. Its used more often then you think.

YOU are the ONLY one blathering about 'tribes'. What nonsense.

Hey Francie, I am not the one claiming all newborns born on the island of Ireland are 'Irish' until they grow up...
    You should revert back to your 'invasion' of the north idea... :D

The British-Irish Council for one. Its used more often then you think.

Where?

You really should have contacted HQ on this one...the Irish government will not use the term.

Hey Francie, I am not the one claiming all newborns born on the island of Ireland are 'Irish' until they grow up...
    You should revert back to your 'invasion' of the north idea... :D

Yeh...they have no status at all, isn't that right Mark. To counter the claim you need to tell us what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yep all Nationalism appeals to small minded insular inadequate men who cannot accept the common humanity in all and need to be in a "gang" to have any sense of self worth

Is that why fat leo and the lads tell us to put on the Green jersey whenever they want the stoogies to step up for something they or there d4 set wouldn't do themselves?

Where?

You really should have contacted HQ on this one...the Irish government will not use the term.

The British-Irish council uses that term.

Yeh...they have no status at all, isn't that right Mark. To counter the claim you need to tell us what they are.

Why do they have to be anything?
    Why does it matter to you that we need to hoist some sectarian identity to newborn and kids?

It's weird and odd that this is a fetish of yours.

First the obsession with Leo, now this obsession about the self-identification of newborns and children.

As I said, weird.

The British-Irish council uses that term.

Where?

From the front page of their website:

among the peoples of these islands

The map from their website:

Infographic%202019_0.jpg?itok=DKtrOysu

Why do they have to be anything?
    Why does it matter to you that we need to hoist some sectarian identity to newborn and kids?

It's weird and odd that this is a fetish of yours.

First the obsession with Leo, now this obsession about the self-identification of newborns and children.

As I said, weird.

It is you that has been making a fuss about a simple reality understood by people like Ian Paisley, David Trimble and most people in the world. Those people born on the island called Ireland are Irish.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Is that why fat leo and the lads tell us to put on the Green jersey whenever they want the stoogies to step up for something they or there d4 set wouldn't do themselves?

Yep, probably. Trying to save all lives including thickos who have to be appealed to at whatever level the message is likely to get through. Sorry Leo is so fat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement