Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

:)

SF have been liasing with the IRA since the GFA. There is not the slightest thing unusual in Conor Murphy going to IRA and asking them were they involved.
    Seems to me the IMC and the PSNI agree with what he found out. The IRA as an organisation were not involved.

But he does associate with certain criminals as we have all seen the pictures.

Why do you think SF are ok with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

jh79 wrote: »

The IRA are criminals as they are members of a proscribed organisation. Isn't covering up criminal activity an offense?

He should name names and they should all get locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,958 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I am only aware of a photo of a group of people at a Xmas party.

Are there more?

I am only aware of a photo of a group of people at a Xmas party.

Are there more?

They have been named as the leadership of the IRA in the area and they were the leadership before the GFA.

You're not going to say this was part of the SF / IRA consultation process:pac:

They have been named as the leadership of the IRA in the area and they were the leadership before the GFA.

You're not going to say this was part of the SF / IRA consultation process:pac:

Not sure what you mean. Go again.

• Advertisement

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/sinn-feins-conor-murphy-and-the-provo-boss-linked-to-paul-quinn-murder-39001943.html

Francie, it is obviously wrong for any elected politician to associate with suspects in a crime involving his own constituents.

Why have SF done nothing about this? Getting rid of a TD or MLA is a common occurrence. Obvious answer is that SF can't because a "Good Republican" is involved.

Can you offer an alternate explanation?

The IRA are criminals as they are members of a proscribed organisation. Isn't covering up criminal activity an offense?

He should name names and they should all get locked up.

What about the IMC and the PSNI? They know too. Is there any onus on them to act?

The IRA were not involved in any organisational way, making this an ordinary criminal act.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Johnny Flash knows what happened and who was there. He has stated 3 people who were there committed suicide. And he has graphic details of what happened in the shed.

You are the one who says the police have all the information that they need, and that everyone knows what happened and who did it.

So tell us, otherwise I will keep calling it out that either you don't know or you are afraid to say.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/sinn-feins-conor-murphy-and-the-provo-boss-linked-to-paul-quinn-murder-39001943.html

Francie, it is obviously wrong for any elected politician to associate with suspects in a crime involving his own constituents.

Why have SF done nothing about this? Getting rid of a TD or MLA is a common occurrence. Obvious answer is that SF can't because a "Good Republican" is involved.

Can you offer an alternate explanation?

I'd imagine the word 'alleged' has a lot to do with it.

I for one would have no truck with actions taken on the basis of allegations. I know a few here who believe that is a fair way to do things.

Hang 'em high if an allegation is made.

What about the IMC and the PSNI? They know too. Is there any onus on them to act?

The IRA were not involved in any organisational way, making this an ordinary criminal act.

The IMC also said they robbed the Northern Bank by the way. Do you accept that finding?

So Conor Murphy is associating with criminals? Hardly behavior befitting somebody in public office.

As i said earlier, Murphy is no great shakes as an MLA. Is he still in SF at the behest of the IRA or because SF don't think associating with criminals is wrong?

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are the one who says the police have all the information that they need, and that everyone knows what happened and who did it.

So tell us, otherwise I will keep calling it out that either you don't know or you are afraid to say.

Do as you please. Why you think that would be of concern to me escapes me tbh.

The fact is the world and it's mother has detail of what went on here. And it has not led to a court case or a conviction. Conor Murohy revealing sources is not going to change that sadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

:)

SF have been liasing with the IRA since the GFA. There is not the slightest thing unusual in Conor Murphy going to IRA and asking them were they involved.
    Seems to me the IMC and the PSNI agree with what he found out. The IRA as an organisation were not involved.

Lol, SF was the political wing of the IRA it's basically the non military part of the IRA but they were always the IRA.

I'd imagine the word 'alleged' has a lot to do with it.

I for one would have no truck with actions taken on the basis of allegations. I know a few here who believe that is a fair way to do things.

Hang 'em high if an allegation is made.

So if a FG TD did something similar like for example associate with Daniel Kinahan, who has no convictions, you wouldn't see a problem?

Do as you please. Why you think that would be of concern to me escapes me tbh.

The fact is the world and it's mother has detail of what went on here. And it has not led to a court case or a conviction. Conor Murohy revealing sources is not going to change that sadly.

The world and it's mother, but not Francie obviously, unless Francie can't write it down because it isn't proven.

You have blown up your own defence of Conor Murphy. You don't know, Conor doesn't know, what exact piece of information the Gardai need to blow this open. That is why that he should make a sworn statement to the PSNI and the Gardai.

The IMC also said they robbed the Northern Bank by the way. Do you accept that finding?

I will accept that when it is proved in a court of law.

I have no idea, as I have always said, who robbed the Northern Bank, just as I have no idea who killed Paul Quinn.

I have heard rumours in both cases though.
    So Conor Murphy is associating with criminals? Hardly behavior befitting somebody in public office.

As i said earlier, Murphy is no great shakes as an MLA. Is he still in SF at the behest of the IRA or because SF don't think associating with criminals is wrong?

I don't think he is a great MLA either.

I have no idea, as I have always said, who robbed the Northern Bank, just as I have no idea who killed Paul Quinn.

Would you accept a FG/FF TD associating with suspected criminals such as the Kinahans?

The IRA should all be in jail.

The PIRA founded Sinn Fein, the most popular political party in the South and the second most popular in the north, there have been hundreds of IRA members through the party over the years and many former members still in the party now, one of it's members (Bobby Sands) had one of the biggest funerals in Irish history second only to I think Michael Collins.

I think the PIRA has a massive legacy and has.a huge impact in many different ways in Ireland, statements like that are a bit silly.

So if a FG TD did something similar like for example associate with Daniel Kinahan, who has no convictions, you wouldn't see a problem?

Having a photo taken with an alleged criminal?

Not sure which party could throw you out on that basis.

I can tell you this for nothing, FF and FG TD's and councillors in this part of the country would frequently be in photos with former members of the IRA now involved in democratic politics. Nothing unusual about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

She doesn't do detail, from what I heard.

It certainly comes across from her media work, where you rarely hear her get into detail on any policy issue, preferring to use stock phrases to criticise. She would be a disaster in any Ministerial position.

She is the BoJo of Ireland. Good at the odd soundbite, but policy detail of any kind? Forget it.

Well, you won't be surprised to hear that nobody will accept the IRA weren't involved in Paul Quinn's death until it is proven in a court of law that someone completely distant from the IRA did it.

• Advertisement

In this context, how could it be an 'identity'? It is a newborn baby.

You really don't understand this whole 'identity' thing, do you?

I do, its you who wants to claim newborn babies for your own tribe before they say their first word.
    Like a new-age IRA version of the Church of old. :D

markodaly wrote: »
    She is the BoJo of Ireland. Good at the odd soundbite, but policy detail of any kind? Forget it.

Look at the way Francie took us all down a rabbit-hole of the world and it's mother knowing who killed Paul Quinn before admitting that he had only heard rumours and didn't know.

It was all a distraction from the inability of Mary-Lou to concentrate for more than an hour.

Would you accept a FG/FF TD associating with suspected criminals such as the Kinahans?

Look, are you saying that actions should be taken on the basis of allegations?

Seems you are. And I would have no truck with that at all, regardless of party.

There is a raft of stuff I would need to know.
    Is it just a photo at a Xmas party:
    What level does this 'association' take place at:
    etc etc.

I do, its you who wants to claim newborn babies for your own tribe before they say their first word.
    Like a new-age IRA version of the Church of old. :D

The 'tribe' nonsense again. :D:D

From the poster who thinks the 'British Isles' is still used officially but cannot prove it.

Something terribly sad about your hat doffing inferiority complex.

What about

About 50% of your total post count summed up right there.

Look at the way Francie took us all down a rabbit-hole of the world and it's mother knowing who killed Paul Quinn before admitting that he had only heard rumours and didn't know.

It was all a distraction from the inability of Mary-Lou to concentrate for more than an hour.

All I said is that I know the name bandied about blanch. A few minutes on google and you too can know as much as me. Off to the Gardai you should go with your new found knowledge and 'break' the case. :)

Something terribly sad about your hat doffing inferiority complex.

Oh, its PIRA bingo again is it?

I can smell it in the water that the term 'West Brit' will be along shortly.

Well, you won't be surprised to hear that nobody will accept the IRA weren't involved in Paul Quinn's death until it is proven in a court of law that someone completely distant from the IRA did it.

It's clear the IRA weren't involved in the killing of Paul Quinn, what is not clear is that some of the tens of thousands of people who have been through the IRAs ranks over the years were not involved.

Look, are you saying that actions should be taken on the basis of allegations?

Seems you are. And I would have no truck with that at all, regardless of party.

There is a raft of stuff I would need to know.
    Is it just a photo at a Xmas party:
    What level does this 'association' take place at:
    etc etc.

I understand your point about allegations. What i want to know is if you apply this universally.

If a FF/FG TD was pictured socializing with a Kinnahan with no criminal convictions, would you be ok with that?

• Advertisement

Oh, its PIRA bingo again is it?

I can smell it in the water that the term 'West Brit' will be along shortly.

Never used that term in my life Mark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement