Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Westport

Options
  • 26-08-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All,

I am staying in Hotel Westport next week for work and am wondering if anyone would know if the 105 minute rule and having to have food if you want a drink applies for residents

I tried contacting the hotel but they weren't very clear on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

tonorio84 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am staying in Hotel Westport next week for work and am wondering if anyone would know if the 105 minute rule and having to have food if you want a drink applies for residents

I tried contacting the hotel but they weren't very clear on this

Had the same from the Plaza. Am seriously considering cancelling the break

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Are you guys really expecting a hotel to say that they'll disregard the law to someone over the phone?

I don't know too many hotels putting residents on the clock but you'll probably not get an all day session.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PARlance wrote: »
    Are you guys really expecting a hotel to say that they'll disregard the law to someone over the phone?

I don't know too many hotels putting residents on the clock but you'll probably not get an all day session.

I personally know of hotels that wont give residents a drink if they are not eating and wont even give them a drink to take up to their room or provide room service for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cooler bag and cans will sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

The rules are the rules, and they're the same for residents. They might be lax and let you stay on a bit longer, but they definitely will not be admitting it over the phone. For all they know you're some C List journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll find out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement