Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Di2 Rear Deraileur Not Shifting/Beeping

Options
  • 26-08-2020 10:59pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On the turbo tonight. Rear derailerur stopped shifting. Was working fine then when I went to shift nothing happened and start to beep.

Tried crash mode but that didn’t seem to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TerryDi2Center

What beeps? The derailleur itself? The Junction A? (do you use an MTB display?)

Does the front derailleur still work?

What Di2 version? 6770 / 6870 / 9050 / r8150 / r9150 / xt / xtr?

What happens if you connect the bike to a Windows computer and run the connection check? Does it list all installed components correctly? Is anything missing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It 6800 from memory (had the older version and upgraded some parts)

Its in the smallest cog. Wont shift but front one does. Not sure if its a windows issue but I couldnt get etube to see the system.

I went back to it this morning and seems to be working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Check a cable hasn't come loose. I had a similar issue a few months back and the cable going into the shifter had come a bit loose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Crocked wrote: »
    Check a cable hasn't come loose. I had a similar issue a few months back and the cable going into the shifter had come a bit loose.

Checked that.

If the cable was out there wouldn't be beeping i assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Maybe it beeps to tell you there’s a problem, I don’t know. Do the connectors just push in or do you need a tool to remove/insert them? I’ve never looked that closely at mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Ive never heard a sound uttered from mine 6870 setup. It flashes alright and buzzes a bit when the derailleur is trimming but never beeps.

I think its meant to beep when it hits its limit.

Yeah, not working again. Will need to bring to LBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Did you try disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it again, the old CTL-ALT-DEL? Maybe leave it unpowered for a few minutes before reconnecting.
    Other than checking for a loose connection, or a broken cable (try flexing any exposed cables - depends on how hidden yours are) I don't know what else to suggest

Did you try disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it again, the old CTL-ALT-DEL? Maybe leave it unpowered for a few minutes before reconnecting.
    Other than checking for a loose connection, or a broken cable (try flexing any exposed cables - depends on how hidden yours are) I don't know what else to suggest

Haven’t unplugged it yet but will try when I am gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement