Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most important life lesson?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

grayzer75 wrote: »
    If you go to sleep with an itchy arse you'll wake up with a smelly finger........

or a smelly banana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If you’re having any “doubts”, never, ever, trust a fart. Ever.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

To all teenage boys, you should definitely try to bang those cute girls that you like. You'll regret it when you are older if you don't.

If you can count your real true friends on more than one finger then you are a lucky person.

It's ok to feel a bit shyte and to doubt yourself every now and then but don't let it drag you down.

Do your best to find the things that make you the happiest you can be.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So does all play and no work.

If you have no regrets then you haven't lived fully. Life is full of decisions and you are not going to get them all right.

If you haven't backed yourself into a corner or had some serious scrapes on your way then you haven't had much of a life either

Money is nice but make sure you've spent it well before you sign out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

keep your eyes and ears open and you mouth shut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    unfortunately not all humans have this option

Insomniacs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

My Da when talking about people who spend way too much time working:

'There are plenty of people in the graveyard who thought they were indispensable'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

If you want something, go get it and don't listen to anyone who says its not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Don't be a c.unt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

From my dear ol' Dad. Don't wish your life (time) away. Closely linked with you're only bored if you're boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

pgj2015 wrote:
    Insomniacs?

Good one, maybe, but sadly we don’t all have equal opportunities on this planet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Nal wrote: »
    Don't be a c.unt

No harm in dipping your toe now and then though, it's vibrancy and apparently good for endorphin levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Money isn't everything but it's nice to have going to the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Enjoy each day has it comes and hope tomorrow is better than yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I've spent my whole life avoiding difficult tasks and staying in my comfort zone. I've recently learned the more you make difficult decisions the more confident and capable you become at making other future difficult decisions. I now trust myself to be able to deal with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Become the change you want today or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

'There are plenty of people in the graveyard who thought they were indispensable'

It’s 100% great advice. Another one an old work colleague told me.. a graveyard if full of blind superheroes... they couldn’t see when it was time to take a break, couldn’t see when it was time to go home, couldn’t see when it was time to say “nope, not in my responsibility, not in my contract, sorry”... couldn’t see when it was just time to move on to pastures new...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Love that one. Always brings a smile to my face when I see these people working 12 hour days thinking they are the vital cog in their company and the world just wouldn't be the same without their input. when in reality if you dropped dead the company would have your replacement by the end of the week, and the world would keep on turning with or without you. Its managed for billions of years without you.

not if, But WHEN you do something different from the herd, you will be regarded as a weirdo and looked down upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

not if, But WHEN you do something different from the herd, you will be regarded as a weirdo and looked down upon.

Being an aspie more or less means you re a weirdo for life, I like being a weirdo

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Being an aspie more or less means you re a weirdo for life, I like being a weirdo

and you did'nt even thank my post. :confused:

meh well. ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

Never push when it says pull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Never mow another man’s lawn..

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Never mow another man’s lawn..

I'll have to sack my gardener now. But I won't because my garden is huge and I have no intention of mowing my own anymore, not to mind another person's lawn.

But I am guessing there is some euphemism there just the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I'll have to sack my gardener now.

Back sack and crack :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Bad Luhrmann answered this in ‘97

https://youtu.be/KdQbb3FXSEI

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Back sack and crack :D

LOL.

Good to see a bit of humour emerging after all the doom and gloom. Better enjoy it now, no one knows what's coming towards us with the kids back at school either. But hope springs eternal that it will all be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Don't look at the sun

Don't look at The Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

LOL.

Good to see a bit of humour emerging after all the doom and gloom. Better enjoy it now, no one knows what's coming towards us with the kids back at school either. But hope springs eternal that it will all be fine.

It’s the hope that turns you brown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You can tell a lot about a man by the size of his driveway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

If you cant be with the one you love, love the one your with.

• Advertisement

My Dad always said,

"There are no flowers in a graveyard, so give me the flowers now".

Meaning love them in life and don't think a bunch of flowers will compensate for not doing so. My Dad was such an amazing man. He had it all sussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

van_beano wrote: »
    Bad Luhrmann answered this in ‘97

https://youtu.be/KdQbb3FXSEI

Just about to post it :)

Watch your friends, they could be your enemies. Applies to work situations primarily IMV.

Just be aloof and nod and feck them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

About life:

In times of change some people build walls while others build windmills.

Footprints in the sands of time were not created by people sitting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Kylta wrote: »
    What's for You won't pass you by.

I don't believe this at all. I think it's like letting oneself off the hook in life. Why would anyone bother trying if what's for them won't pass them by anyway. Might as well just sit inside in our pjs waiting for it ☺️

Were all born to die

No, we were all born and we will all die. We weren't born to die. We weren't really born for anything. We were just born. And we will just die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sh1t happens and sometimes it's no one's fault.
    If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all.
    Its better to have what you don't need than need what you don't have.
    Don't get hammered the night before an early long haul flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Don't be on social media!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

“Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. ”

― Billy Connolly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

We only live once? Not true. We live every day.

We only die once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Democracy is never a thing done.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I don't believe this at all. I think it's like letting oneself off the hook in life. Why would anyone bother trying if what's for them won't pass them by anyway. Might as well just sit inside in our pjs waiting for it ☺️

How would you know whats for you if you don't try first. There are people who started out doing one thing and ended up doing another. So failed or lost interest in what they wanted to be only to find that doing other thing gave them more satisfaction.
    Am curious are you speaking for yourself or everybody when you say inside our PJs?
    Or are you many like multiple personalites?

No, we were all born and we will all die. We weren't born to die. We weren't really born for anything. We were just born. And we will just die.

Sorry will rephrase that for you. We are born we live and we die, its the only truly guarantee that life offers you, is death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Also make sure your knob is in your pants before you zip up your chinos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

if you lie down with dogs you'll get up with fleas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

If you can't fix it, make sure no one else can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

. We are born we live and we die, .

Seems so unfair, and I want to cry

Oops, sorry, Wrong thread :)

How would you know whats for you if you don't try first. There are people who started out doing one thing and ended up doing another. So failed or lost interest in what they wanted to be only to find that doing other thing gave them more satisfaction.
    Am curious are you speaking for yourself or everybody when you say inside our PJs?
    Or are you many like multiple personalites?

You've completely missed the point of my post and for some reason made it personal.

Sorry will rephrase that for you. We are born we live and we die, its the only truly guarantee that life offers you, is death.

You said we are born to die. You didn't so much rephrase as completely change what you first said lol.

• Advertisement

You've completely missed the point of my post and for some reason made it personal.

Nothing is personal in AH with me, I just like to rile people a little. Thats what AH is about. And be honest with yourself when you thought it was personal it put a bit of zip in you to reply to my post.

Advertisement